Home
I don’t for the most part. I like a little Sarah Evans, a little Martina McBride, a little bit of Little Big Town, and a few scattered songs from different artists. I like very little of the old female country singers. Most people, especially women I’ve ask feel like I do. We dance a lot, don’t like dancing to female singers at all. They play very few, cause the floor clears if they play one.

How do you all feel about female country singers, do you like them? I’m probably gonna be crucified, but I’m curious what the consensus will be???
David, are you asking if I like girls? smile
I'm pulling out the 4x4's and nails. What do you want on your plaque? Hanco or El Hanco?
Well every time I hear Reba I want to slit my throat does that count?
None of the neo country ones.

The ones I love I really love, and the ones I don’t...

Originally Posted by Old_Toot
None of the neo country ones.

Yep
Love me some Emmylou
Lately been on a Kacey Musgraves kick.

Morewood beat me to it

Dang that sounds terribly wrong
I don't like country music, but I could WATCH Faith Hill for hours. She's just gorgeous.
Originally Posted by Utahunter
I don't like country music, but I could WATCH Faith Hill for hours. She's just gorgeous.

A flaming anti gun liberal.

She’s from MS, guess Tim fugged her mind up.

This young little gal sure shows some real promise as a female country singer...

We both have extraordinarily good taste in female country singers, efw.

*knuckles*
I've always been fond of Roseanne Cash.
I generally don't like country music period, but if the female singer is Hot, I'll watch the video.

Listening to the tract without visuals, not so much.

Dolly's Joline & about anything from Patsy accepted anyway I hear it.
One of my favorites. The entire CD is great.

I did see Tanya Tucker and a great band live in a very small venue in Las Vegas in about 1990-91. And it was a damn good show.
Truthfully....no I don’t.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Lately been on a Kacey Musgraves kick.

Lib, woke, freak show....
They told me "you'll like country music when you get older" still waiting,, lol

I do like a few songs real well but no way can I turn a country station on and leave it there..or any other commercial infested, DJ screaming radio station more than a song or two

Myley does ":Jolene" excellent
I’ve had sort of a school boy crush on this lady since I was old enough to know who she was!
Beautiful lady with the voice of an angel.
I always liked Loretta and Dolly and Tammy and Tanya and Reba, but there’s nobody that’s come close to Patsy Cline in my book.
I can’t say much about the current girls. For me most of the newer stuff is just Pop Music sung with a fake twang. I really don’t listen to it. There maybe some pretty good singers, but Country has gotta have fiddles and steel guitars!
7mm

Originally Posted by Morewood
We both have extraordinarily good taste in female country singers, efw.

*knuckles*

You, EDM, and me 👊🏽
Originally Posted by crittrgittr

Me too, don’t care for her at all.
Originally Posted by hanco
I don’t for the most part. I like a little Sarah Evans, a little Martina McBride, a little bit of Little Big Town, and a few scattered songs from different artists. I like very little of the old female country singers. Most people, especially women I’ve ask feel like I do. We dance a lot, don’t like dancing to female singers at all. They play very few, cause the floor clears if they play one.

How do you all feel about female country singers, do you like them? I’m probably gonna be crucified, but I’m curious what the consensus will be???

As long as they are not Democrats, I like them.
Tanya Tucker, EmmyLou, Bobbi Gentry, Linda Ronstadt...who could not like the late, great Patsy Cline?
The Judds.
Martina McBride and Reba both suck some serious ass.
Nope............... nor male country singers either!
I sure like how most of em look! How about the chick from The Band Perry? Oh my!!!!!!! laugh
Patsy Cline was one of the best singers ever..............country, pop, male, female, take your pick, she was that good.

I also like listening to some of the old 50's and 60's women country singers. Anita Carter was very good.
Originally Posted by crittrgittr

Carrie Underwood for me. Sure she's a hottie, but when that whaling bitch cuts loose with her loud ass screams the hair on the back of my neck stands up!
One more.

Originally Posted by MarkWV

One of the best. I like Rosanne Cash and Terri Clark too.
Some yes some no ,must of the "modern" younger ones NOOO
I don't like many, if any, of the current crop of country singers, male or female
Oh thats easy. The Dixie Chicks are the best. eek
No Kitty Wells?
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I don't like many, if any, of the current crop of humans, male or female

She WAS gorgeous, she looks like hammered $hit now. I think it's drugs, her husband is a cokehead, you don't live with a drug addict for 20+ years without being on the stuff yourself.
Patty Loveless is good. Took my wife to see her in concert once.
Miranda Lambert
Awfully hard to dislike Allison Kraus, most especially if she’s partnering with someone with talent.
Originally Posted by CBB
Miranda Lambert

Yep, I dig her stuff because it seems that she does exactly what she wants and doesn't play it safe. 2 examples:

Originally Posted by High_Noon

Oh yeah that’s me of my first loved country-wise!

This lady is mighty talented as well:

Iris DeMent - actually more Americana or bluegrass than what passes for "country" these days.
She's my numero uno favorite. I have every cd she has made.

Big fan of Allison Krause and Emmylou as well.

Those are about it.
Originally Posted by antlers
I did see Tanya Tucker and a great band live in a very small venue in Las Vegas in about 1990-91. And it was a damn good show.

Have you heard her version of The House That Built Me? She changed some of the lyrics and made it her own. I love the Miranda Lambert version, but TT nailed it. Fantastic!

Patty Loveless, Alison Krause, some of Emmy Lou and Dolly.

I was pretty much out of the loop ‘80-‘83 except Jim Reeves was very popular in Ghana.

Working late in the lab in grad school I would play C&W and this song came on “Somebody Should Leave”, Good Lord that woman could sing.

Ain’t to many of the classic country women vocalists I don’t like, tho I always felt Shelly West weren’t really adequate in Your the Reason God Made Oklahoma.

Heck, I even like Dolly tho many here are cynical about her.
I don’t care for female country singers/groups or even most male acts from the last 25 years. Many just use country to get a deal, and I have a real problem with that. It’s not just a genre, its a way if life.
This is more bluegrass, but she's got a hell of a set of pipes. Rhonda Vincent
https://youtu.be/TjYKhCpJScQ
Anymore, male country singers are soooo fugking bad, females are about the only ones making decent music.

There are a few exceptions, but modern male country singers are a farce.
Alison Krauss I guess.

Shania Twain is the female version of Luke Bryan. 🤢
Not many.

But, if new ones come along in the next few years, like Sunny did a few years back, there might be hope. The scheidt they try to pass off as "country" nowadays, as in the past 20-30 years...............well I agree with Sunny's the feelings and title to this song

This is the first song of hers I heard, and it sounds COUNTRY for sure:

Originally Posted by SandBilly
Alison Krauss I guess.

Damn, Billy, I'm not sure who this "Luke Bryan" person is , but I agree with the little green face about Shania. Have not liked her stuff since she first came along.

Please, no need to post a video by Luke!
Originally Posted by hanco

NO, but that's only the half of it. whistle
Hard to top.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Alison Krauss I guess.

Damn, Billy, I'm not sure who this "Luke Bryan" person is , but I agree with the little green face about Shania. Have not liked her stuff since she first came along.

Actually, he’s probably considered a female singer and I wouldn’t do that to anyone.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Alison Krauss I guess.

Actually, he’s probably considered a female singer and I wouldn’t do that to anyone.

Thank you kind sir!
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Anymore, male country singers are soooo fugking bad, females are about the only ones making decent music.

There are a few exceptions, but modern male country singers are a farce.

EXACTLY. How many dirt road, tan legs in the moonlight, cold beer, bed of my pickup truck songs can really exist at once?
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

A flaming anti gun liberal.

As is Reba Mcentire, and Emmy Lou Harris. And Linda Ronstadt.
Yes, I like them fine.
Didnt read the thread

But Heart is bad ass
If not mentioned before, Ashley McBride is the real deal.
I always liked Patty Loveless, Martina McBride, and Rosanne Cash.

But my all time favorite is Patsy Cline.

Originally Posted by JeffyD
Iris DeMent - actually more Americana or bluegrass than what passes for "country" these days.
She's my numero uno favorite. I have every cd she has made.

Big fan of Allison Krause and Emmylou as well.

Those are about it.

I can go with that as well as Kasey Chambers.

I think one of the worst singers I've ever heard from any genre of music is Carrie Underwood. Her awful voice and man hater lyrics almost makes me wreck my truck when I frantically change the station.
"there will never be another Patsy Cline"

but there is a new girl with an old voice

Originally Posted by slumlord
Didnt read the thread

But Heart is bad ass

OMG...go and watch dan rathers big interview...better get the shower hot so u can wash up ....then check out Crystal Gayles big interview....rite after ....I'm sorry u had to even mention heatless ho's on the fire...I got to go wash.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Hard to top.

Anne, Loretta Lynn, and Crystal Gayle - top of my list.
I've seen Loretta a few times, never seen Anne (in concert), and saw Crystal just before she made it big - wonderful singer, and beautiful.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Didnt read the thread

But Heart is bad ass

Heart was pretty good. Not sure why they took turtlenecks and go-go boots on a three hour tour, but it sure came in handy.

Gillian Welch .....April the 14th part one
Originally Posted by efw

Morewood beat me to it

Dang that sounds terribly wrong
laugh laugh

But I agree with you on Emmy Lou Harris... Beautiful lady, and a great voice.. Probably my favorite..
I don't follow any current country music, male or female. There are several more classic female country singers that I liked a song or two from but thinking about number of songs I like, none of them match up with classic male country singers in the number of good tunes they put out. Essentially, I could sit and enjoy a lot of songs by Waylon, Johnny Cash, Don Williams, etc....but only a couple from any specific female singer.

Several of the good "ones" have been listed. I'll list another "one" that I like that hasn't been listed yet:

Some of these bitches are fugly enough to make one change to Rap!

Trisha Yearwood
I like them fine,but not all the new crop coming up.The newer crop of male singers are even worse. Of course what the call country today isn't.Give me a solid country ballard over this screaming that we hear today anytime. Some of what we hear today from the like of Lee Ann Rhimes, Taylor swift, Carrey Underwood, have no resemblance to what they did when first starting out
Great singer, better song.

Bri Bagwell-Mexican Beer
Patty Loveless.
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
Patty Loveless.

My favorite Patty Loveless Song:

I would like it if Miranda Lambert sat on my face.
Did you ever see her (Patty Loveless) help Vince Gill get through the song they were singing at George Jones’ funeral...?
Did you ever see her (Patty Loveless) help Vince Gill get through the song they were singing at George Jones’ funeral...?

If you haven’t....

Quite a lady.
That’s it. Thanks for posting it up.
Yes. Emmy Lou. Allyson Krause is pretty too
Used yo be a drug/alcohol rehab, fat farm type deal in the Nashville area. The commercials would have that vince gill song playing underneath with brief voiced-over testimonials being spoken
One ol gal on there talkin bout how she prayed for her mama to come to jesus and go to rehab, and here mama tellin her to go straight to hell. Used to crack me up.

Oh well you just had yo hear it for yourself. Now it’s etched in whenever I hear that song. About every 3rd funeral I go to, it gets played and I try not to start laughing.

Its hard being me

Thought it was classy

Hard to beat EmmyLou.
Get a Kleenex ready.
Im just not myself when youre away. LOL
Not that one, Paw, that'n makes me cry.
Lorie Morgan. Beautiful women with a voice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Paint_(Lorrie_Morgan_album)

No country music voice any more universal than....

I don’t watch or listen to flaming liberals like Faith Hill.
Party Loveless

Alison Krauss and Union Station are pretty good.
Allison Krauss is great, but this young gal and her family have talent.
Originally Posted by duckcall
Allison Krauss is great, but this young gal and her family have talent.

Beautiful. But I like her younger sister even more. Talent.
Kelsey Waldon, pure country

"never shoot that Union out of me"
I liked Kathy Mattea 18 wheels and a dozen roses in 1988, but she is a democrat
Wayfaring Stranger is on my funeral song list.
It kinda looks like I’m in the minority on women singers.
Not me...but it's not the singers' fault. I have a hearing problem. Sound coming through a mike sizzles my ears. Women's voices aren't recognizable. I've never in my life been able to understand the words of a song unless I'm reading them. No female singers, and darn few male singers, for me.

Don't care for ANY of the newer so called country music, but do like the old country gals. Emmylou Harris being one of my all time favorites.

Always liked Loretta Lynn, Oogling Dolly's nice rack, and her music, and Reba.

The newest male country artists I like are George Straight, and Allan Jackson.

Virgil B.
Patty Loveless, EmmyLou, Martina and very few others for me
Saw this done backstage at a festival a few years back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK4Gt3V9OAs&list=RDeK4Gt3V9OAs&index=1

Won't inbed for whatever reason
Six White Cadilacs-Emmylou
© 24hourcampfire