Home
Posted By: MPat70 Band of Brothers... 20yrs later - 03/25/21
Watching the Band of Brothers for the first time in 20yrs. What a great series.
I have the box set.....on VHS.
Just rewatched the series a couple weeks back. Excellent, stands the test of time well.
20 years, wow. I remember being up until 3 am several nights binge watching. Then I bought the set, same again. If I catch it on TV now I still can’t turn away. Best war movie I’ve seen IMO
One of the best mini series ever made, no question.

Dick Winters lived much of his post WWII life near Hershey, PA. He was well respected by his community, long before BoB made him famous and from all accounts, he didn't really enjoy his new found fame all that much. Continued to be the quiet, unassuming man he'd always been.

Some years ago my son worked for a local Video production company and got to meet Bill Guarnere down near Philly, on a video shoot. Brought me back an autographed memento of the shoot, from Guarnere.
Irish Pub on Walnut Street in Philly has a painting at the end of the bar. Looked like a scene from the Battle of the Bulge. I looked up close and it is. Autographed by Bill, Babe, and two of the others. Bill and Babe were regulars there.
Love that series. Seen it through literally dozens of times.
we watch an episode a night during deer season in camp.
Amazing series. The books are even better.
Great I agree...not the most accurate historically but great all the same
Damn...makes me proud to be an American every time I watch an episode. GREAT deer camp tradition
True Heroes
Originally Posted by Tom_in_VT
Amazing series. The books are even better.

Books are very good as well
Originally Posted by Quak

I was puzzled as to why they changed Blithe's story.
Welp I binged watched the who series and now I am hyped up and got $2k In money moved around for a Springfield m1 garand. I want one that hasn't been f'ed with at all. All original. Now the hunt begins......
One of my favorite series of all time. After I watched it an older friend loaned me a garand and I took it out rabbit hunting. I avoided M1 thumb and enjoyed the sound of the mag flinging. I still have several of those 8 round mags loaded with ball ammo. I never have bought my own m1.

Bb
Never heard of it. Hmmm. Will check it out.

On HBO via Amazon....
Nope, sure a heck, not familiar with it, none, nada, don't ring a bell... In 2001, didn't have no fancy cable TV and drank a lot. blush
I guess I watch it once a year.
I've watched it numerous times. Never gets old. I think they changed the story about Albert Blithe because they got it totally wrong. Some time after completing the filming they realized it and added the change.

Ron
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by Quak

I was puzzled as to why they changed Blithe's story.

Stephen Ambrose was told by members of Easy Company that they thought Blithe died in 1948, so that is how it was written in his book which was made into the miniseries. When he was told that Blithe did survive the war, Ambrose did update/correct his book, but the miniseries was already made. I did read that later DVD copies of BoB has the updated information that Blithe actually died in 1967 and is buried in Arlington, but I never confirmed that.
Blithe served in Korea iirc
Originally Posted by MPat70
Welp I binged watched the who series and now I am hyped up and got $2k In money moved around for a Springfield m1 garand. I want one that hasn't been f'ed with at all. All original. Now the hunt begins......

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum...o-m1-garand-rifles-plus-ammo#Post8214917

Here's a couple for sale.
If you ever get the chance, do the band of Brothers tour thru Europe. You'll get the walk the very grounds that the boys did back in the day, and even go to the wolfs lair
My oldest boy and I watch it a couple times a year. It’s the best mini series out there IMO. He’s really into WWII history as well. Hopefully all this covid crap settles down so he can go to Normandy for D-Day with his Army JROTC class. It’s a trip they do every other year.
Subscribed to watch. Episode 1 now on.
Just finished up the series.

Much appreciated!

RIP 1944 506 Easy Company
© 24hourcampfire