Home
info here

Short version: ATF may be expert on firearms, but not expert enough to successfully change the clear meaning of the law. A bump stock does not change the fact that only one bullet is fired for each actuation of the trigger, so a bump stock is not a machine gun.

The court also says that ATF is not entitled to Chevron deference in this case. Chevron deference is a legal doctrine, now getting some push-back, that the courts should defer to the interpretation of the technical experts in regulatory agencies. That alone is cause for celebration.

Thanks for posting.
A small ray of sunshine in a currently dark environment.
Don't give a schitz about bump stocks.
Stupid toy for stupid people

But if we wanted one, we dam sure should be able to buy it.
Over the counter, unregistered.
Excellent news.
Bump stocks are crap, but if they can ban them all willynilly they can ban other stuff too.
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Bump stocks are crap, but if they can ban them all willynilly they can ban other stuff too.

Exactly!
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/chevron_deference
https://www.gunowners.org/
Great news indeed! The issue wasn't bump stocks but the ability of BATFE to arbitrarily rewrite the law. Look for them to try and do it regarding arm braces for AR pistols.

BTW one of my good friends, Rachel Malone, the rep for GOA in Texas was one of the plaintiffs. She had been the Operations Mgr for the Texas GOP but got fired when she disagreed with the governor over red flag laws. The Republicans loss and gun rights gain.
So... are people gonna get theirs back?

It's a rhetorical question...
Thanks Denton -as was expected - very good to know.
How many ft# are need for one to function?
Originally Posted by Stophel
So... are people gonna get theirs back?

It's a rhetorical question...

It is the start to gardening season, sometimes you find surprises while digging laugh

I just sent another $100 over to GOA after hearing the good news.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Yes!!
A WIN, in a near win-less presidency.
Be prepared I say.

This one and the 9th decision on the HI case, and likely some from Cali are going to the Supremes.

And even with The Donald's appointments, I have little faith they'll do the correct thing.
Let's not forget that the Donald was perfectly willing to give up OUR bump stocks to compromise with the left. I am still pissed about it.
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Let's not forget that the Donald was perfectly willing to give up OUR bump stocks to compromise with the left. I am still pissed about it.

Yes, that fugging stupid. Then there’s the NRA right in there helping him and why the NRA will never get another penny from me. I’ve been sending $$ to the GOA ever since.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Yes, that fugging stupid. Then there’s the NRA right in there helping him and why the NRA will never get another penny from me. I’ve been sending $$ to the GOA ever since.

Ditto Sir. Jim
I guess Jerry Miculek won’t have to register his trigger finger. 😁
Plus one for the good guys
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

thanks for the link; I just joined
Good job, NRA!
/sarc
© 24hourcampfire