Home
and feel like a cheater for taking it? thats how this covid money feels to me. i don't need it. and money should make me happy. but it makes me feel like i cheated at cards and won and didn't get caught. and knowing that all this stimulus money and extra unemployment money is basically sucking the life out of this country is depressing as schit. nobody is going to want to work after this.

and no, i'm not sending it to any of you fuggers. just trying to figure out how to make someone happy with it. weird feeling. it will most likely pass.
You drive past my house.
I'll meet you at Sheetz and save you postage!

Seriously, I'm conflicted.
I agree, we don't need it.
Still have the card with the first on it.
And the checks for 2 and 3 to prove that.

On the other hand, if they are giving my kids future away, I'm taking
every dam nickel.

Also consider the $600 we got last time was over$2k for Israelis and
how much went to Pakistan for gender studies.

That said. It needs to stop.
At the very least, this is your money, taken from you, given back as a percentage and devalued in the process.

So take it and invest it. You or your children will need it someday soon.
it does need to stop. i was just discussing this with my son today. so many people are being incentivized to not work that it is affecting the supply and price of almost everything. and they just extended this schit to sept. now people will take the whole summer off. meanwhile osb is 50 bucks a sheet because the mills can't get workers. and take a ride around. help wanted signs everywhere. we are in bizzarro land
We didn’t get a dime, so I don’t feel bad at all.
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
At the very least, this is your money, taken from you, given back as a percentage and devalued in the process.

This, In essence. It should have been given only to those directly harmed by mandated business shutdowns. Still, future generations will be on the hook for it , including your heirs. Use the money to solidify your financial position so that you will be in a better position to help yourself or loved ones later. It sounds like you’re the kind of person who could do a lot of good with your portion.
Since you asked, Salvation through Jesus Christ.
I'm not happy about it either. I now make way less than half of what I used to before I lost my job because of this but I can pay the bills, I love my new job and drive 31 less miles to work.

I don't need this stimulus crap.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Since you asked, Salvation through Jesus Christ.

Are you sure that's free?
I got no welfare check.

My accountant is telling me it's time to pay though.
Money for nothing and the chicks for free!
What I wish they could do but our govt won't is to make a database through unemployment, etc on folks that were actually hurt by this scamdemic. Give them the money. Not the chronic bastards who don't want to work, etc. I know they would screw it up though.

Yes, I've been receiving the the money and been buying local. I don't need it so I'm giving it back to our local businesses. Paid $45 for 3 burgers at local joint plus tip.....jesus. they were open finally so what the hell.
Yeah, crabs off a hot nurse,.........twice
Originally Posted by dieselfitter
Yeah, crabs off a hot nurse,.........twice

Good one!
I haven’t received a penny of any stimulus whatsoever since the beginning of this and neither has any member of my family. I don’t know what the qualifications are.
Originally Posted by MarkFed
I haven’t received a penny of any stimulus whatsoever since the beginning of this and neither has any member of my family. I don’t know what the qualifications are.

Generally, be an American who has worked in the last 2 years and make less than 75 k per year, or under 150k for a married couple. Bonus if you’ve got rugrats at home. I’m sure I left out some of the fine print. If you’re think you may qualify, check with your accountant or tax preparer.
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Money for nothing and the chicks for free!

i think that's in the next stimulus
Never have taken unemployment, although I was at a couple of times. Stimulus, I paid the taxes, so I am OK with that even thought I would be OK without it. Moving in the military many times, giving stuff away. I have given a bunch of stuff away, also received a bunch of stuff as well. What comes around goes around.
Local feed mill is giving 5 free chicks with 50# of starter.
Close enough?
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Local feed mill is giving 5 free chicks with 50# of starter.
Close enough?

LOL
Originally Posted by rem141r
and feel like a cheater for taking it? thats how this covid money feels to me. i don't need it. and money should make me happy. but it makes me feel like i cheated at cards and won and didn't get caught. and knowing that all this stimulus money and extra unemployment money is basically sucking the life out of this country is depressing as schit. nobody is going to want to work after this.

and no, i'm not sending it to any of you fuggers. just trying to figure out how to make someone happy with it. weird feeling. it will most likely pass.

If i am lucky it will go to my grand kids in some form. they are the ones paying for it in the future.

kwg
I got paid waaay too much money to make some barrels of lead babbit and parts washer liquid ‘disappear’

Ta-Da!!!!

I could use the money.

Just sayin......that might make you feel better.
IRS sent me a $20,000 check for a refund my 2nd year of grad school. I hadn't been allowed to work the first year so I knew the check was a mistake. I called them and they said it was mine don't bother to send it back. I put it in the safe and didn't cash it.

About 2 years later I got a big threatening letter from them saying I owed them $20,000 plus fines and interest of several thousand more. It was a pain to straighten out. Because I hadn't cashed the check I proved I never took the money. They tried to argue I took the money just because I had the check. I sent it to them certified mail. They tried to argue it again but I was able to prove they had it now.

The only time I won anything and it ended up just costing me time and some postage.

Bb
I get nothing but the tax bill, hope all of you getting it fair well
You get the money but they take it back.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
You get the money but they take it back.

Exactly. That's where our stimulus goes. Straight back to the gov.
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by MarkFed

Generally, be an American who has worked in the last 2 years and make less than 75 k per year, or under 150k for a married couple. Bonus if you’ve got rugrats at home. I’m sure I left out some of the fine print. If you’re think you may qualify, check with your accountant or tax preparer.

I've got two buddies in the sales industries, with base salaries around 65K, but they both clear over 100k after commission, etc. The both got all stimuluses so far...so it may be based on base salary???
Recently ordered a nice beretta gunner jacket of ebay from someone with only 2 positive feedbacks...sort of sketchy. I quickly canceled the order because I found it a little cheaper from another seller, with similar feedback. Joker refunded money and sent it anyway. I went to contact seller several days later and their account was shutdown.

Nice jacket.
Something for free? Well, I was born American so I feel like that is a pretty good "come up". I've been all over the world and have seen a lot of poverty and a basic lack of freedom. Even with all that is going on these days I try to see the silver lining of being American.

As for the stimulus, like others have said the GOV always gets theirs so I set it aside to pay taxes.
Don't worry you'll be paying for it soon enough........
Originally Posted by rem141r

You're not cheating at cards, you're cheating your children and grandchildren.
Money for Nothing
Dire Straits

Now look at them yo-yo's that's the way you do it
You play the guitar on the MTV
That ain't workin' that's the way you do it
Money for nothin' and chicks for free

Now that ain't workin' that's the way you do it
Lemme tell ya them guys ain't dumb
Maybe get a blister on your little finger
Maybe get a blister on your thumb

We gotta install microwave ovens
Custom kitchen deliveries
We gotta move these refrigerators
We gotta move these colour TV's

See the little [bleep] with the earring and the makeup
Yeah buddy that's his own hair
That little [bleep] got his own jet airplane
That little [bleep] he's a millionaire

Custom kitchens deliveries

I shoulda learned to play the guitar
I shoulda learned to play the drums
Look at that mama, she got it stickin' in the camera
Man we could have some fun

And he's up there, what's that? Hawaiian noises?
Bangin' on the bongoes like a [bleep]
Get your money for nothin' get your chicks for free

Money for nothin' and your chicks for free

Originally Posted by UncleAlps

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

But it REALLY did make me wonder if you are making the 'cap' of $75K per year, WTF do you need stimulus money for?

Or a couple making $150K

I must be wayyyy further down into poverty than I thought...
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Money for Nothing
Dire Straits

Now look at them yo-yo's that's the way you do it

Lemme tell ya them guys ain't dumb
Maybe get a blister on your little finger
Maybe get a blister on your thumb

See the little phaggott with the earring and the makeup
Yeah buddy that's his own hair
That little phaggott got his own jet airplane
That little phaggott he's a millionaire

Custom kitchens deliveries

I shoulda learned to play the guitar
I shoulda learned to play the drums
Look at that mama, she got it stickin' in the camera
Man we could have some fun

And he's up there, what's that? Hawaiian noises?
Bangin' on the bongoes like a chim-pan-zee
Get your money for nothin' get your chicks for free

Money for nothin' and your chicks for free

Fixed the bleeps.
Pisses me off every time I hear that song!
I haven't received a penny in stimilis , also haven't incurred any loss .
© 24hourcampfire