Home
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...eries/15955671/rileys-wreck#Post15955671

There was a bad wind storm on the 28th and 29th of March on much of the prairies. On the 28th, the high winds caused grass fires to spread like wildfire in Alberta and some evacuations were required. Later on the 28th, it began to snow, which helped put out the grass fires.

The wind storm blew into Saskatchewan on the 29th where my nephew teaches in a small town. He lives about an hour away from the town. He made it to Moose Jaw, but the roads were quite bad, mainly the drifting snow had caused visibility to be next to nil. Riley was talking to my brother about maybe getting a room for the night. He turned onto Highway 1, the Trans Canada highway. Traffic was stopped before his exit. He looked in his mirror, a semi was bearing down on him.

He woke up a few minutes later. It certainly appears that he is lucky to be alive.

He was taken to hospital where he had a bad contusion on the back of his head and his low back was very sore. They detected some bleeding in his brain, but no significant swelling. They monitored and did a cat scan this afternoon and his brain is normal. He hurts all over though. He is getting married on August 1. It's great he was not hurt more than he was.

Cars are replaceable, my nephew isn't.
Damn. Glad he ok!
Get a good lawyer, he will get a good check. I’m thankful he is ok. Jim Addler, the Texas Hammer will come up there, put some cshit on them that Tide won’t take off!!!
Well glad he is not that bad off after.

If he does the right thing he will be set for a long time.
Originally Posted by hanco
Get a good lawyer, he will get a good check. I’m thankful he is ok. Jim Addler, the Texas Hammer will come up there, put some cshit on them that Tide won’t take off!!!

We saw billboards on the way to NC for "The Hammer" big truck injury attorney. He looked more like a pro wrassler than an attorney. Here's to his recovery.
He got off lucky. So glad he's ok or atleast will be.
Glad he is ok!
That was truly a miracle.

I'll pray for his recovery.

Feel free to share this last post.
It might be a comfort.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/15953774/2/religion
glad he is ok semis on ice don't stop easy

I had a Semi take me out intentionally to avoid an even bigger disaster with another Semi.
He picked my 1 ton up and put it on 2 wheels.
I was not injured Thank God and my Guardian Angle
The guy that created the situation even stopped and told the Highway Patrol that it was his fault and he took full responsibility.
Mercury my insurance company was the problem.
They tried everything in their power to claim that the accident never happened and tried to get me for Insurance Fraud.
it took me over 9 months to get my truck back that should have been Totaled 36K damage on a 40K truck 6 months old.

Glad to hear he was not beat up real bad.
Hope he recovers quickly
sure hope he makes a full recovery...
Prayers for fast healing!

If you want the very best. Hire Frank Branson in Dallas. Frank Branson Law Firm. Jim Adler is a gross novice in comparison.
thank God he's ok. hope the brain bleeding is taken care of

Originally Posted by AB2506
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...eries/15955671/rileys-wreck#Post15955671

There was a bad wind storm on the 28th and 29th of March on much of the prairies. On the 28th, the high winds caused grass fires to spread like wildfire in Alberta and some evacuations were required. Later on the 28th, it began to snow, which helped put out the grass fires.

The wind storm blew into Saskatchewan on the 29th where my nephew teaches in a small town. He lives about an hour away from the town. He made it to Moose Jaw, but the roads were quite bad, mainly the drifting snow had caused visibility to be next to nil. Riley was talking to my brother about maybe getting a room for the night. He turned onto Highway 1, the Trans Canada highway. Traffic was stopped before his exit. He looked in his mirror, a semi was bearing down on him.

He woke up a few minutes later. It certainly appears that he is lucky to be alive.

He was taken to hospital where he had a bad contusion on the back of his head and his low back was very sore. They detected some bleeding in his brain, but no significant swelling. They monitored and did a cat scan this afternoon and his brain is normal. He hurts all over though. He is getting married on August 1. It's great he was hurt more than he was.

Cars are replaceable, my nephew isn't.
Thank God your nephew is gonna be OK.

And a shout out to modern car design, saved my son from serious injury once.
AB2506;
Thanks for sharing this with us, I appreciate you doing so.

It's both a miracle and a testament to modern car design that he's as okay as he is. That remaining lift of sheet rock could have crushed the front passenger compartment of the car by the look of it.

Please know he and you all in the family and his friends will be in my thoughts and prayers for sure.

Dwayne

Nope. Thomas J Henry.
Hoping for the best for all involved,

Last fall one very foggy morning, An intersection, Me, and a Semi driver that didn't know there was an intersection there,

I could have touched the truck has it went by at 60, I was sitting at the light.

still gives me the shakes.

Semi accidents are no joke.
Glad he will be OK.
Thanks for the concern and the prayers every one. Riley will be released tomorrow?

God must have plans for him. I would have thought he would be much more injured than he is.
AB2506,

so glad your nephew is doing as well as he is.

Having watched the front bumper pass my driver's side window and then hit the left rear quarter panel of my car, I know how powerless a person feels with one of those big things bearing down.

Good luck and best wishes for a speedy and full recovery for him.
So glad to hear your nephew is going to be ok, sounds like a close call.
Prairie storms are no joke.
Originally Posted by EdM

Nope. Thomas J Henry.

ED he is a good lawyer, but a real ass-hole. my old lady had him sanctioned by the state board yrs ago, for sitting on her case too long. He was a business partner with my buddy, they opened the martini bar here in town and he screwed Danial out of his half the bar.
Glad he's OK.
Thank God! That sounds unsurvivable.
Glad he is OK. A semi can do an incredible amount of damage to folks. That he is OK is a Testament to modern vehicles and the Good Lord watching over him.
I sat and watched that storm bear down on us at CFB Suffield Monday AM. Absolute whiteout conditions. Blasted through here in about 4 hours.
A good friend of mine narrowly missed being caught up in the big accident at Brooks. Said it was the worst storm and wreck he has seen in 40 years of driving a snow plow.
Was on the way to pick up his plow and start his shift.
Jeff
Originally Posted by Nollij

We saw billboards on the way to NC for "The Hammer" big truck injury attorney. He looked more like a pro wrassler than an attorney. Here's to his recovery.

The Hammers financial recovery or the victims physical recovery?
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Thank God! That sounds unsurvivable.

This. PTL.
Kind of a sad state of affairs, when the first thought is "Get my attorney"
JMHO
Woof - lucky indeed... Hope he fully heals..
Mandatory minimum insurance for a Big Rig in America is $750K. For the big companies, they have much more than that.
Your nephew needs to hit them in the pocketbook.
looks like he lucked out. He is alive, and he won the insurance lottery.
Originally Posted by High_Noon

If you want the very best. Hire Frank Branson in Dallas. Frank Branson Law Firm. Jim Adler is a gross novice in comparison.

Good chance neither of these guys are licensed to practice law in Canada.
According to Moose Jaw news the wind blew the semi over causing it to collide with the car. Was a bad storm we had.
That doesn't account for the damage to the front and rear of the VW, the blown, shredded tires and note the tractor of the rear truck appears to have gone under the front truck. No doubt it appears the nephew was lucky and he was squirted out somewhat to the side of the front semi, or he would be dead. Whether or not the front semi blew over later, or not is immaterial to the survivor's first hand account compared to a junior b reporter filing their report at a later time.
© 24hourcampfire