Home
Everybody says the Colt SAA...but what about you personally? Lots of people say the 1911 doesn't point well but then there are others who say it's a natural. The 1911's point well for me. A Bisley is another. I've got a Bisley knock off that just is a laser pointer for me, for some reason. 1894 Winchesters...1892 Winchesters in long guns.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Remington Model 11, Remington Model 1100, Beretta 390
I have a Benelli M2 that I can shoot with my eyes closed.

When we shoot clays for competition....they wont let me use it.
Standard Pre-64 Model 70

Damn things almost point themselves.
I agree on the Winchester lever guns. Also, the Glock 19. Likely the latter is just due to having worked with Glocks so much for so long.
Originally Posted by kroo88
Standard Pre-64 Model 70

I have a 54 that was a poaching fool back in the day.

It was like cheating.

I don't have a picture of my 1910 Fox Sterlingworth anymore, but that thing points like an extension of my arm. It was my great grandfathers and he had the stock fit to him. He was a left handed shooter, like me. Fits like a glove.. I've never missed a Turkey with it yet either..
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by kroo88
Standard Pre-64 Model 70

I have a 54 that was a poaching fool back in the day.

It was like cheating.

Shhhhhhhh......
Hahaha!

To this day....I kinda prefer a 54 to a 70.
Win.94 Marlin in 41 mag.and 45-70 as well as the Browning HP,Colt 1911 and the Ruger Blackhawk in 41 mag.

I do have a cheap 22 western style pistol that is a hoot as well.
My old beat up Manufrance 16ga SXS is a top candidate.

The Husqvarna FN/98 9,3X62 is a drop-right-on-it rifle. It seems to fall into my hands right on target.

This Franchi 48 12ga 25" barreled LW autoloader is a natural pointer on chukar. I found it at a great price on Gunbroker years ago.

A long time favorite is this Sauer cape gun 12ga-8X57JR/12ga SXS combo. When shouldered, a look through the scope confirms it pointed right, and the shotgun shoots like it was custom made for me.

I like revolvers but they don’t fit my hands at all. For all of the Glock “feels like a 2x4” comments Glock 17’s fit my 2x hands like a glove. I have a Browning Citori White Lightning that fits and points well without any modifications.
I’m less picky about rifles but I like trim rifles with a more open pistol grip ie a Winchester model 70. I’m not a Remington hater at all but they feel clubby to me. I’m 6’3” but for a fighting gun prefer Warsaw Pact length stocks to NATO length and same for a hunting rifle that isn’t heavy recoiling or set up for precision shooting.
All my glock pistols fit my hands and point well. But I wear 2X in glove size.
Winchester model 21 and ruger red label.
Colt (or clone) 1911. I thought I could not shoot a pistol well until I tried a 1911, when I did I found out that it was amazingly easy to shoot and hit with one.

drover
Win M71 and an early Browning Citori.
I'm not that much of a shotgun shooter but my long-gone Browning model 2000 was a natural for me. Too bad it was a shixtty gun. I killed a lot of stuff with it.
They haven't made a pistol that does that for me yet. Probably my 870 shotgun is the best natural point for me.
Weatherby bolt guns fit me well and I don't even own one. I likes Sakos...
Pistols: Luger and early Webley with a birds head grip.
1911s point too low, which is why the arched mainspring housing was developed.

Rifles: Winchester 71. Points like a fine shotgun. Put it on your shoulder and the sights are lined up.

Shotgun: Webley 20 ga SxS. We had one at the LGS I used to work at and I marveled at what a natural pointer it was. Too rich for my blood then, though.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I'm not that much of a shotgun shooter but my long-gone Browning model 2000 was a natural for me. Too bad it was a shixtty gun. I killed a lot of stuff with it.

Browning was embarrassed by the 2000. They looked great, were nicely machined and finished, and they were often a single-shot autoloader. They DID point nice.
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Browning was embarrassed by the 2000. They looked great, were nicely machined and finished, and they were often a single-shot autoloader. They DID point nice.

Kind of like a BT99 then..
grin

That's a pretty apt description. Mine worked until it didn't. It was a beautiful gun with a finely figured French walnut stock. It just didn't always work.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Kind of like a BT99 then..
grin
They were supposed to replace the Auto 5. Browning didn't understand that there is no replacement for an Auto 5.
Originally Posted by mbhunt
They haven't made a pistol that does that for me yet. Probably my 870 shotgun is the best natural point for me.

I’m a bird hunter over pointing dogs more than anything else. A Remington 870 obviously isn’t a refined gun at all but they do point well for me too.

Thank you for this post. I have a clean old 870 corncob 16ga that points great. I had forgotten I had it. I need to get it back out doing its job this Sept 1st.
I have a brother that is built similar to me.

I won a youth model 870 express 20g and was going to trade it off. He told me to reconsider as he had changed his 12g870 stock to a youth model and shot better with it. It's now the one I grab for quail and even pheasant hunting as it seems to fit better than the 12g Wingmaster.

He also recommended, based on our hand type of big palm short fingers, that I try a 45 Shield. I did and it works quite well for me. In qualifying for CCW recently it was the easiest to shoot and hit closer to where I wanted it to without as much trying to keep sights aligned.
Luger

Thank you for this post. I have a clean old 870 corncob 16ga that points great. I had forgotten I had it. I need to get it back out doing its job this Sept 1st.

When you forget about it again....let me know.

I would give it a fine home.
Got any sharptail and pheasants? I could bring it on up this fall for you to try.

see how I worked that? whistle
IMO the 870 is the best pumpgun ever made. I like mine. I wouldn't say it's a natural pointer though.

Browning Hi-Power.
Been shooting a Browning Hi Power for 30 years. Every time I stray, to a Sig P226, a CZ75, a Beretta M9, more recently a P320.....I always wind up back w my HP

And then my PSA 11.5” 6.5 Grendel w a SBA brace....I don’t even feel like I need the Vortex 3x Spitfire I have mounted on it. Hit a running boar at 100 yards this past year at night and the shot felt so natural....
An L.C. Smith SxS shotgun is a natural Pointer for me
++ The Browning hi power,Remington 1100,Marlin 336,with the slim stock.
Pistol:
Smith 39-2
Sig P225 (German frame ... not A-1)
CZ 75

Revolver:
Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 3.75" Barrel
Smith 686 3" Barrel

Rifle:
Ruger Hawkeye African 6.5x55
There's magic built into 870's and .45 1911's.
Handguns? That's easy - S&W M39. Like pointing your finger.

Shotguns? Another easy one - Ithaca M37 in 20 gauge.

Rifles? Still working on that.
I have a few.
two of my Model 70's, an '06 and a .338 are special in that regard . An old 870 Wingmaster with a 26" VR barrel has me leaving my other shotguns at home. An 1899 TD Savage 250-3000 with the tang sight. A 651 S&W kit gun and an early 6.5 in .41 Magnum Blackhawk stand out.
I had a chance to handle a Benelli shotgun. It brought back memories of the Auto-5 . I have a 870 and never been a natural with it.
Shotgun: 1956 Winchester model 50

Rifle: 1954 Winchester model 1894

Pistol: Springfield Armory XD40

Revolver: 1967 Ruger Blackhawk .357 mag.

1911's , early 60"s Ithaca 16 gauge , early Remington 700 or Marlin 336

grin[/quote]They were supposed to replace the Auto 5. Browning didn't understand that there is no replacement for an Auto 5.
[/quote]
Well said EE . the only thing tha comes close to my Belgium Sweet 16 s my M-1 wood stocked Super 90. K frame SW's shoot for me as well as CZ's. Have a few scoped rifles that come up right. Mb
My 1911s have me convinced JMB had a prototype of my hand when he designed the grip. I’ve also had good luck with the Ruger 77 RSIs in short action rounds, and due to long familiarity, an M16 is an extension of my body.

Old70
Winchester Model 57, .22 lt,

French Manufacture Ideal 16ga. sxs

D.Wesson Valor Commander .45acp
SAA, 1911, Win.94, Rem. 870, AR-15 type. The Glock17 points where I look, but that is simply from long experience, and I have to maintain it. The others are just natural. Wish the world was in such a state that I could comfortably go through life with an SAA and a couple of Winchester lever guns.
1911 without a doubt, especially after years of IPSC. I struggle with Glocks, but if given the choice to grab a new pistola, it’d be a Glock no question.
The old bull barrel ruger mk1 and mk2 are for me, also the single six. As far as rifles, my old 700 mountain in 270, have shot shot several running with it, almost like shooting a nice fitting shotgun.

as far as newer guns, the smith m&p series are for me, something about that grip angle.
Savage 99’s.
The Colt Detective Special, snubby.
A 1886 win light 45-70, one gun I really wish I'd not sold! When I pointed it stuff died, also liking the old Bisley the way it points!
Belgian sweet 16.
Revolver: Colt SAA and clones

Pistol: Luger 08
My Ruger Standard 22 pistol purchased in 1969 for my new bride still points and hits better for me than any other handgun.

The old Mannlicher-Schoenauer rifles had always looked cumbersome to me in photos and laying on tables at gun shows. The forward placed bolt handle appeared impossible to cycle smoothly. Then, at an estate sale, I actually picked one up. It felt like an extension of my arms and pointed so naturally that I immediately had to buy it. The typical pre WWII high scope mount doesn't even bother me. It is a 1903 stutzen with a Hensoldt 4X scope:

Handguns? Colt SAA.

Long guns? A shotgun with an adjustable comb, properly fitted. Remington's 1100 and 870 fit a lot of people pretty well, though.

Worst fit? AR15. Stock is too damn short. When it came in, teenage girls started winning matches. When I was shooting High Power you had to cant the thing. Between offhand and sitting rapid there was about 4 MOA difference.
The 'point' is not always black or white....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
[img]https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/c124/huntsman22/guns/IMG_0493_zps33a24587.jp[/img]
For a pistol it would be the old Remington 51 with a S&W 39 coming in a close second. For a rifle it would be a 1960’s Browning T-Bolt.

Remington Model 700 Classic that I’ve used since 1980, it’s part of me in the woods.
For a deer rifle nothing comes close to a Remington Model 14 or 14 1/2. The ones I used to have were in 35 Remington and 44/40. I believe I could have used them to shoot quail.
Early on, I was in love with having a Govt. 1911. Then I shot one. I've got big Johnny Bench-type hands. I shot a 1911 and it hurt me in my web. I was quite disappointed. What did fit me like a glove was a Ruger P90, and I found it always shot well in my hands.

The other pistol that works well as a natural pointer is my Ruger MK II 10" bull barrel. It took over a decade to find the right grips, but that sucker now feels like it was made for me.

In long guns, I'd have to say Gramps' 12 GA Winchester 1897 is about as natural as they come.
My pecker is the most natural pointer I have.
Thank God it still works.

After that I'm partial to 1911's with flat MS housings.

I made my own adjustable match rifle stocks, they worked pretty well for amateur work.
Remington 1187 SP. My only waterfowl shotgun for years. It never let me down, even pit hunting geese while full of dirt in Saskatchewan.
About any A-5 Browning, really about any Browning shotgun, for me.
The old AYA 20gauge double. As my father tough me. Aim a rife, point a shotgun.
Other than my dick, an 1100 is about the easiest pointin' thing ever.
I've fondled all the usual suspects, and the standouts for me are a single six or smaller Blackhawk frame with the SAA grip. I love my Bisley, it points decent, and handles recoil better, but the plow handle just feels "faster".

1911. Any of them.

As as far as rifles, my #1 .45-70 is likely my most "pointable".

I gotta say, and this is an oddball, the best feeling long gun I ever held to my shoulder, in terms of speed and stability (bear in mind, I didn't shoot it, or hunt with it, just fondled it), was a flintlock that Tip Curtis had in his shop one day. He had built it.

It was a Colerain Jaeger barrel (I think 32"), it was either .54 or .58, but in a regular Bivens pattern Lancaster stock. Can't remember which specific lock, but I'm pretty sure it was just a Lancaster (Siler) style lock, as the Lancaster stock doesn't sweep downward through the grip. The damn thing pointed like it had eyes and simply stayed there once I got it to my shoulder. I've got a couple of uncompleted Flintlock projects but always thought I'd love to build one like that just to hunt with. I've never held a long gun (rifle or shotgun) that felt better to me, and I've held several. Had I not stayed broke back then, I'd have just had him build one like it for me.
Good pointers are everywhere if one is willing to look...

Model 12 16 gauges, Perazzi small gauges, AYA, Urgartecha small gauges, Parker small frames, Ithaca 37 Featherweights. Small gauge Browning Superposeds. Friend has a Renato Gamba London 20 gauge that points well. Had a chance to point with a Fabbri once...It was made for pointing. Duxdog has a Daly Lindner 16 gauge that is around 100, that will give most modern shotguns a lesson in pointing.
1911, but only with a flat mainspring housing.
Handgun: Best is 1911.
Shotgun: My daughter has a beautiful reproduction of a Parker 28ga sxs that is amazing in the way it comes up on flushed grouse. My 870 also comes up on the money.
Rifles: I have a few tang safety Ruger 77s. They come up better than anything else I have, or have tried.
Model 12 Winchester. With old style "Townsend Whelen” buttstock.
The 870 and thus the 760/7600 by default. The later two need a small, low mounted scope to work properly.
Remington model 721 with the low comb stock and Browning A5
Pretty much a tie between a Sig P220 and a S&W Model 19 4”. Weatherby Mark V stocks fit me well.
Happy Trails
63 Winchester

6" Colt Python

I once hit a "beverage" can at 100 paces with the one I had back in the 70's

Virgil B.
My M41.

28 ga. Merkel is pretty close to an ideal pointer for me.

DF

I have a Sig 229 SAS that is a great pointer .
Ithaca 37. Winchester 94.
Everybody is built differently, not just overall build but hand size, so what points well for one won't work for another.

That said, Remington must have had someone like me in mind when they designed their firearms. An 1100 my father bought me for Christmas 1966 is still the most natural pointing shotgun I own, with an 870 close behind since the stock dimensions are essentially the same. Their Model 700 BDL also fits me like it was custom designed - look at target, raise rifle, sights are dead on. I've shot birds on the wing with one equipped with a peep sight. Remington 121, old 5 series .22 rifles - 510, 511, 512, 513 - they all just seem to be natural extensions of my body.

Beretta 92 is the most natural pointing handgun. Big fat grip but when I grab one fast and raise it the sights are lined up right where I'm looking.

Lots of guns handle great - Winchester 94 comes to mind immediately - but these are the ones that point instinctively.
I recently bought an H&R Partner Protector 12 gauge. It's basically a clone of a Remington 870. I like the shotgun but the stock didn't fit at all. The length of pull was too short and it dropped too much at the heel. When I pulled it up to my shoulder, I had to lift my cheek up off the stock to properly sight down the barrel.

I bought a Magpull stock for an 870 and it attached perfectly. It came with 4 inserts that allows you to adjust the length of pull. Also, it has a parallel comb (no drop at the heel) that gives perfect cheek placement for sighting down the barrel. The pistol grip area drops down and gets your hand out from in front of your face. It's a solid feeling piece of work and it's evident that the people at Magpul put a lot of thought into shaping it so that it gives the shotgun a good fit.

I recommend it to anyone that doesn't like the fit they get from the H&R Partner Pump series of shotguns or an 870.

You can find them for about $90.

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessor...k-remington-870.html?mp_global_color=118
Any of my Remington 600s
P38! Most natural pointing ( aiming) firearm I have ever used!
4” Colt Diamondback best pistol I ever had. Just so easy to hit with that one.

Short action BLRs for whatever reason fit me really well and swing like a light shotgun. Only rifle I’ve made multiple hits on running game with.
SAA
S&W 19 with a 4 inch barrel

Shotgun
Beretta 391 20 gauge fits me like a glove and shoots exactly where I am looking.
First time I shot it I had borrowed it from a buddy that was selling it because he didn't shoot it as well as he does a Beretta 390. We went dove hunting one afternoon and I killed a 15 bird limit w 20 shells. Wrote him a check for it on the spot.

Rifle
M1 Garand and Tikka T3
When I shoulder one the sights line up on target everytime.
Thoughts on the Browning B2000... I've had several over the years in 20 gauge and agree that they come up nice in the hands. I did have issues too with failure to eject. Frequent cleaning was paramount but even that did not always solve the problem. If one remembers, they came with barrels marked either 2 3/4" or 3". My early ones all had the 3" barrels and I don't remember having many issue with running 3" shells. I later drilled out the gas port hole in the barrel to a slightly larger size and never had problems with 2 3/4" shells jamming again as long as I kept it clean. My later 2000 20, that I still have, was purchased with a 2 3/4" barrel to begin with and I have never had problems with that one!

With that said, I have been a Benelli fan with it's mechanical recoil action since that time and now mostly use 20 gauge Montefeltros for my upland hunting. They are pretty forgiving on the maintenance issues, yet still come up real nice like the 2000 did.

I will agree with huntsman on the Colt Woodsman/Huntsman .22's as well! Mine is a 2nd series 6" target model with the bakelite grips. It just melts/molds into your hand and is balanced very nicely. It is my only .22 pistol that I have been able to get a running jackrabbit with enough frequency to keep me trying on occasion rather than going exclusively with a scoped bolt action .22.

I will add three others to my honorable mention list for natural pointers...

1. Browning Safari Grade Mausers. They sure are heavy by today's standards but Browning designed a wonderful classic stock for them, at least for me.

2. Browning BSS w/ field stock. Mine is the only 12 that I own and has 26" barrels, but it seems to hit/kill everything I point it at (pheasants/quail). I was skeptical at first, it being a bulkier 12 w/ short barrels until I shot it. I shudder to think what a field stocked 20 with 28" barrels would be like... maybe someday!

3. Anything in a Remington 700 KS stock! For me the best feel in a synthetic rifle stock.
Originally Posted by lundtroller
Thoughts on the Browning B2000... I've had several over the years in 20 gauge and agree that they come up nice in the hands. I did have issues too with failure to eject. Frequent cleaning was paramount but even that did not always solve the problem. If one remembers, they came with barrels marked either 2 3/4" or 3". My early ones all had the 3" barrels and I don't remember having many issue with running 3" shells. I later drilled out the gas port hole in the barrel to a slightly larger size and never had problems with 2 3/4" shells jamming again as long as I kept it clean. My later 2000 20, that I still have, was purchased with a 2 3/4" barrel to begin with and I have never had problems with that one!

With that said, I have been a Benelli fan with it's mechanical recoil action since that time and now mostly use 20 gauge Montefeltros for my upland hunting. They are pretty forgiving on the maintenance issues, yet still come up real nice like the 2000 did.

I will agree with huntsman on the Colt Woodsman/Huntsman .22's as well! Mine is a 2nd series 6" target model with the bakelite grips. It just melts/molds into your hand and is balanced very nicely. It is my only .22 pistol that I have been able to get a running jackrabbit with enough frequency to keep me trying on occasion rather than going exclusively with a scoped bolt action .22.

I will add three others to my honorable mention list for natural pointers...

1. Browning Safari Grade Mausers. They sure are heavy by today's standards but Browning designed a wonderful classic stock for them, at least for me.

2. Browning BSS w/ field stock. Mine is the only 12 that I own and has 26" barrels, but it seems to hit/kill everything I point it at (pheasants/quail). I was skeptical at first, it being a bulkier 12 w/ short barrels until I shot it. I shudder to think what a field stocked 20 with 28" barrels would be like... maybe someday!

3. Anything in a Remington 700 KS stock! For me the best feel in a synthetic rifle stock.
My 2000 was a 2 3/4" chambered 12 Ga.
Colt 1851 Navy.
My Marlin Guide Gun with the XS small ghost ring sights. A decent AR w/ a parallex free red dot works well also.

mike r
Merkel 201e 12ga. fits me very well. Pretty much the only shotgun I shoot when I'm not shooting waterfowl.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload png
Rory, where can I buy one?

Can you get ammo for that?
Revolver - 3” L frame and 6.5” N frame S&W’s are magic for me. Full lugged versions so say 686 and 629 Classic.

Shotgun - laugh all you want, I can do anything with a Benelli SBE and do it fast. Woodcock to whitetail. That’s my plastic choice.

Rifle - fastest weld to my cheek and eye is sav 99 in DL with the high comb. My buddies BAR is ridiculously easy and intuitive with iron sights. Haven’t shot a BLR yet but imagine same.

Pistol - I just bought a CZ 75 that is impressing me beyond expectation. I guess the theme is I like heavier hand guns. But there’s a sweet spot there I don’t know what the weight range is.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Rory, where can I buy one?

Can you get ammo for that?

1. At Acme
2. At Acme
Had anyone said browning buckmark yet?
Beretta 391 12 gauge. Sako 75 Finnlight 7/08.
It's tough to recall since I no longer own a firearm.
I'm a taller guy and I just miss consistently with an 870. Browning BPS has always pointed well and is my favorite shotgun. As to rifles my CZ 550 points like a dream. Big laminate stock. Love it but at my age it just keeps getting heavier every season.
I like the A-500 gas Browning’s for a shot gun.

Kleinguenthers and Sako’s in the Rifle dept.
Mdl 94 30-30. Ithaca 37 20ga. Benelli 90. The test.of them are pure talent.
Ruger 10/22. I've shot tens of thousands of rounds out of one and many at running rabbits.

Bb
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]129630421_203020127958572_2803380091560709070_o by .com/photos/61286670@N08/]Sharps Man, on [bleep]
Beautiful flinter.
Bofors Sako Vixen sporter. I have a Model 7 with a #3 fluted Hart in 7-08 on a High Tech stock that carries nice and comes up pretty dang well also. Fox Sterlingworth 20 double for a shotgun. Pretty much any of the 1911s or clones for pistols.
CZ 75 PCR Compact
Originally Posted by DMc

Yes, there is. Would include my '63 Sako Finnbear. But, that 870 WM 20ga?: Magic!!
1911s point naturally. Rifle my 700 Classic 35 Whelen with a 2.5 x 8 in low rings. Is on when I shoulder it. Killed several deer with it that I jumped or running.
A used 200 hundred dollar Winchester model 1200 12 gauge shotgun with ribbed barrel and modified choke.

Bird slayer.
Originally Posted by DMc

No doubt David !!! Also the Rem 1100 and the Ithaca 37 Pump. I can pick any of those up and hit just about anything with them.
There's so many new fesigns in the past 10 years. I don't do picture posts, and guns frighten me.......

I can say that in the past ten plus years handguns in particular have been designed with ergonomics in mind. The polymer molds make this very easy to do as if poured into ones hand, AS LONG AS the grip angles are similar.

Ie. The cant of a glock is different from the 1911, but most will closely duplicate those wrist angles. Fatter double stack mags limit selections for those not having plus sized hands. Back in the last century, 1911s and Sig p series were known to be pointers.
Thats just from a strictly mechanical interest as old friends let me see their weapons.
2 Guns: #1 Browning BLR Belgium 243 with vintage Denver 4x Redfield Widefield. Killer on running jumped North Dakota Whitetails.
#2 Win 70 XTR 7x57 Featherweight. Like an extension of your arm.
Originally Posted by Morewood
A used 200 hundred dollar Winchester model 1200 12 gauge shotgun with ribbed barrel and modified choke.

Bird slayer.

You should try a free one with the barrel shortened!
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by DMc

No doubt David !!! Also the Rem 1100 and the Ithaca 37 Pump. I can pick any of those up and hit just about anything with them.

My affinity for 870's evolved, and this one is usually first out the door. Right at 5lbs. (Unloaded)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Winds been from the east the last couple of days. We're sending back what you gifted us.

Are you safely battened down? Good hearing from you.
Originally Posted by sawbuck
Originally Posted by Morewood

Bird slayer.

You should try a free one with the barrel shortened!

Stubbs! Heck yeah!

Lol
1911's, hell yes, SAA's, no, hard to throw up quick and be in that notch, damn grip frame is to little, just because a rifle may be heavy doesn't mean they dont point good, 10 to 12 to 16 lb Sharps, Hawken and Double Rifles are dead nuts sights on when i pull em in tight, burning a hole in the back of that front sight is where it's at.
My Nula 300 win mag for sure
For me, the Winchester Model 88 and Model 12 just "fit."
Ugliest shotgun ever with the giant hole in the receiver, pass the B-80.
Wow, some choices here of guns I'd never have thought of. Thanks for all the replies and opinions.
Sig p6, p226, p938
CZ 75, 2075
Browning a5, remington model 11
ar15
ruger model 77
For me the handgun would be either the Colt 1851 Navvy Model or the Colt Model P.
Originally Posted by renegade50

Nice!

This must be where the idea for flat faced 1911 triggers came from.
for shotguns its my 870LW 20 gauge with 26" vent rib barrel. for rifles its my open sighted rem 14r carbine 35. handguns its my s&w 586 6".
S&W Model 41, 5 and 5 1/2” barrels
Almost any 1911
Dakota M76 Safari .375 H&H
‘60s era Remington 870s with plain barrels (12 and 20)
16 gauge Winchester Model 12
Beretta ASE Gold with 30 3/4” bbls
MX28-B Perazzi, 30” bbls

And of course, Belgian Browning Sweet Sixteen
My old .20ga. Ithaca 37 featherweight. Of course I've had it since I was 12 so it may be a matter of extended use. The belly of the receiver and rear of the magazine tube are pewter from carry and I did that. I'm somehow proud of that.
Originally Posted by DMc

870s, maybe

With a 1911 I can point at the moon and blow my big toe off, however. I'm a decent shot with most other handguns.
Originally Posted by DMc

870s, maybe

With a 1911 I can point at the moon and blow my big toe off, however. I'm a decent shot with most other handguns.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Smith k frames, colt 1911s and Glock 19, but the Glock 48 is coming on strong too.
Look close, there's two guns in the pic. They both pointed well for me.

Dan, how many of those ammo canisters did you carry on missions? Just the one?
© 24hourcampfire