Home
.........by basically telling Govvy Evers to pound sand... He's now barred from any new mandate; it must only come from the legislature and that's controlled by the GOP..

Story here: https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...extending-covid-mask-mandate/7060433002/
Wish Louisiana would do the same...Every time the republican lawmakers and Attorney General try to do this they are shot down here.
can't read with adblock on,

when is this effective?
Lots of disappointing quotes in that story. Congrats to Wisconsin on enforcing democracy, the English language and the rule of law by a vote of 4-3 in the State's Supreme Court.

Wow. Shouldn't be that hard.
Originally Posted by BKinSD
Lots of disappointing quotes in that story. Congrats to Wisconsin on enforcing democracy, the English language and the rule of law by a vote of 4-3 in the State's Supreme Court.

Wow. Shouldn't be that hard.

Should have been 7-0.
Originally Posted by Kenneth
can't read with adblock on,

when is this effective?
Immediately this morning as of about 8:00 am...
Originally Posted by Riverc
Wish Louisiana would do the same...Every time the republican lawmakers and Attorney General try to do this they are shot down here.

Edwards did lift some of the stuff. Now businesses can fill to capacity, no more scattered tables, etc. But, he still wants us to wear the mask. Up here in nawth loosiana, the mask are a joke.
Congrats!
I thought of taking a picture.

Sign on door,

As a American, you have the right to not wear a mask. As a private business, we have the right to refuse you service.
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Sign on door,

As a American, you have the right to not wear a mask. As a private business, we have the right to refuse you service.
Yep - and I'd then have the right to shop elsewhere.....and I will!

Sign on door,

That's ok with me...No arguing will do business where i don't have to wear a mask.
It's only a legal victory for the law of the land and state GOP. It will have no effect in practice. Here in rural WI I can walk into a bar like it's 2019. Went into Held's this AM and they had mask required sign, stating how bad the new case numbers are, etc. I got my brats, sans mask, and left. They must be owned by democrats- I won't be back. I can handle a mask sign, and will leave if asked to leave. But if your mask sign preaches the commie talking points I will shop elsewhere.

Places like Costco and Sam's still require masks. Local municipalities can still require them. The ruling wasn't on masks. It was about the emergency powers the governor has and when they expire. Basically the SC ruled per state law, the emergency powers expire after 60 days and you don't get to keep declaring new emergencies to keep your face in a diaper.

In effect this changes nothing, because of how businesses decide to do business and how the local laws work. It's only real effect was declaring gubernatorial emergency powers expire after 60 days.

The media will have a conniption tonight on the news. But for Wisconsinites absolutely nothing will change. You either wear a diaper or don't.
Mask nazi's have gotten really out of hand in the LaCrosse area. Those same mask nazi's then go to happy hour where nobody wears a mask!
Per Governor Cox, Utah's mask mandate will expire on April 10. Only urban snowflakes are upset.
yes and no, as usual. Local jurisdictions are evidently still able to set local standards. Mask mandates are never going away as long as local nazis have the legal authority to have stricter rules than the State.

Sign on door,

Maybe you'll put a mask on, and go in. I see anything like that, and I take my business elsewhere.

Sign on door,

This is why this madness won’t end; private businesses are scared to death of liability around COVID and even when states lift mandates they won’t.

I’ll do everything I can to support those who do if we ever get to that point in Mi but our governess has made it clear she doesn’t care at all about rule of law and our dyke AG is as left as they come.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
yes and no, as usual. Local jurisdictions are evidently still able to set local standards. Mask mandates are never going away as long as local nazis have the legal authority to have stricter rules than the State.
Yep - and watch those businesses go the way of the DODO bird - because those of us who prefer freedom will frequent other places where free people are welcome..

The few counties/cities will try to hold on, but the pressure from constituents will finally be the regulating factor.. But think how effectively the various gov't officials, CDC fear-mongers and lies from the MSM have instilled unreasonable terror into the lives of many Americans.. And it's 90% political BULLCHIT...

Sign on door,

But.............Those private businesses are also being told there are certain groups of folks they must serve no matter what.
Most places around here - no mask nazi's.

That said went to a HS football game last week. Was militant about the mask and only 4 "family" per player allowed in seats. I'm wondering if Ever's getting slapped will stop that.

Also someone mentioned that technically, if a Sherriff had guts - he could arrest Evers for an illegal order but that will never happen. Have a feeling Evers will end up re-elected with MKE/Madison and reservations doing massive fraud to get him there.

Green Bay's mayor is on thin ice which is good. I've yet to see ANYONE publicly support him, some real vitriol thrown his way for how he illegally ran the election here.
No idea if this is real, but I would BET that Tony the Tyrant is in the weeds figuring what possible avenue he can run down that will allow him to get control over masks again... That little pos pipsqueak... WORST governor here in my lifetime.. No doubt he'll get re-elected, since it's now perfectly fine to cheat yer way into office...

Fair elections are history..
Originally Posted by Redneck
No idea if this is real, but I would BET that Tony the Tyrant is in the weeds figuring what possible avenue he can run down that will allow him to get control over masks again... That little pos pipsqueak... WORST governor here in my lifetime.. No doubt he'll get re-elected, since it's now perfectly fine to cheat yer way into office...

Fair elections are history..

How much ya Wanta bet he has spent a lot of time on conference calls with our large-foreheaded tyrant & her dyke AG!?!

Our SC declared her edicts unconstitutional and she said whatever and made an end run through HHS and no one seems to care to challenge her.
Nice.
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
It's only a legal victory for the law of the land and state GOP. It will have no effect in practice. Here in rural WI I can walk into a bar like it's 2019. Went into Held's this AM and they had mask required sign, stating how bad the new case numbers are, etc. I got my brats, sans mask, and left. They must be owned by democrats- I won't be back. I can handle a mask sign, and will leave if asked to leave. But if your mask sign preaches the commie talking points I will shop elsewhere.

Places like Costco and Sam's still require masks. Local municipalities can still require them. The ruling wasn't on masks. It was about the emergency powers the governor has and when they expire. Basically the SC ruled per state law, the emergency powers expire after 60 days and you don't get to keep declaring new emergencies to keep your face in a diaper.

In effect this changes nothing, because of how businesses decide to do business and how the local laws work. It's only real effect was declaring gubernatorial emergency powers
expire after 60 days.

The media will have a conniption tonight on the news. But for Wisconsinites absolutely nothing will change. You either wear a diaper or don't.

Did not were a mask in Sams yesterday.Nothing was said.
Originally Posted by muleshoe

Sign on door,

But.............Those private businesses are also being told there are certain groups of folks they must serve no matter what.

bingo! I was told by a black kid last fall in a local branch of a liquor chain, that they did not care about my medical disability exception to masks. "Wearing a mask is company policy" I asked him if he would be ok with a company policy that banned blacks like him. He looked stunned, said that my remark was 'unfair'. I left him to ponder reality, and made my purchase without a mask. I have since found another store to shop in that is more accommodating.
© 24hourcampfire