Home
If you are fan of the TV show Port Protection, you will be deeply saddened to learn that Gary Muehlberger apparently died on March 17 when his house burned to the ground. The volunteer firemen reported that the house was fully engulfed when they arrived at about 11:45 am. Gary has not been seen since, and it is assumed he was in the house.

He was one of the original cast members, and was very much a fan favorite.
Hate to hear that. He was one of the “characters”.

I don’t watch it often but enjoy when I do.

Thanks for posting that. I have watched it. Mostly for the scenery. Not my favorite part of Alaska but it’s beautiful and he lived in his paradise. More than a lot of people.
That sucks!!!! he was one of the old timers,the show is one of the best Alaska reality shows!! RIP Gary.
Damn! I hate to hear that. Gary was my favorite character on the show....loved his attitude and Bite Me hat...always ready for a beer..
My wife and I watch it a lot. So sorry to hear about Gary.

We both think he was the main character of the show. We loved his down home country wisdom. Kind of an honest Will Rogers intellectual type.

Wonder how much this will affect viewership?
There was a tribute to him at the end of the last show,but it did not say how he died.I liked him and his lifestyle.RIP Gary.
11 in the morning?

Hmmm.....
Damn, I hate hearing about Gary passing. Watch the show often and enjoyed his segments. I will add that Gary mentioned more than once that he was concerned about getting too old to be able to continue living in P.P.,...

Now he won't be forced to move and live away from his beloved home.

RIP, sir.
According to one fan website, Gary may have voiced concerns about his propane water heater in the days before the fire. That's hearsay, but if you saw the state of his house, it's credible.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
According to one fan website, Gary may have voiced concerns about his propane water heater in the days before the fire. That's hearsay, but if you saw the state of his house, it's credible.

Looked to be a 3 stilt house with 2 stilts broke!

RIP
Sad news. I like the show too. I'm surprised anything burns in that soggy little town, but inside the house was probably very dry. Being killed by fire has got to be a horrible death. God bless.
Bummer - he was a pretty cool old codger.
I hate that. I enjoy the show and enjoyed his spirit of getting out there at his age. Godspeed Gary.
I like that show but hate the writing. It seems like all the people are suffering a Depression DSM-5 classification.
Never heard of him, never heard of the show.

RIP
Late morning is a strange time to get burned up in a fire.

Very strange.
Huh. Never heard of it.
Rip.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Huh. Never heard of it.

Alaskans don't watch Alaska "reality" shows.

Got that straight from Cris - ("Life Below Zero". "Yukon Men".). smile
I liked him, a rather simple life man.

I wonder whose banging the one arm woman or the the other gal that lives alone?
Sorry to hear the news....he seemed like a good dude. Trapper probably didn't make it either..

Reports are that Trapper was found alive, no word on the cat.
Nice.
I like the show, for the scenery and the remoteness of it.
© 24hourcampfire