Home
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot For mom. - 04/03/21
It's altogether fitting that mom passed today and today being Good Friday. Mom was a lady of strong faith and she raised us four kids in the same mold. Church was her foundation, her guiding light, and her social time. Yet, you'd never know it because she didn't wear it on her sleeve.

While dad was the breadwinner, she was in charge of everything else; the kids, our school, the house, the meals, the laundry, the cleaning, the healing-when we were hurt or sick, the listening and reassurance if we had a hard day, and always the encouragement. She was our biggest cheerleader and did the same when her beloved grandkids came along.

Her life wasn't easy. Grandpa had a traveling construction company going from job to job. Mom moved 37 times before graduating high school. She and her sisters along with Grandma had to cook meals for the crew. She, along with her mom and sisters all got breast cancer over the years. 2 of them survived it. She lost her youngest son in a car accident. In her later years, her spine was ravaged by the effects of 10 years on Prednisone, but in the end, it was a regional infection that lay dormant for years that got her. She caught Valley Fever while wintering at her cherished Apache Junction, AZ home 6 years ago. It reared up again late last fall. ​

I was with her when she passed today. I had stopped to buy her a peppermint shake on the way. When I got there I could see it wasn't good. She gave me the thumbs up. So I held her hand and showed her pics of all her grandkids. She said she saw dad and my late brother. I told her my sister was coming (who also has breast cancer and had surgery last week) but she was still an hour out on a 4 hour drive. Then I showed mom a pic of my sister. Mom's eyes opened wide and she drew a deep breath; her last. It was very peaceful.

I shall miss her, as I miss my dad. She was a good mom, the best.

So if you have a notion, say a prayer for mom...or your mom...or all moms. She'd like that.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: MarkWV Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Sorry OP. Mom’s are special too me.

Mom was born April 1, 1930, she passed Oct. 31, 2009. I love and miss her every single day. She was a hard worker and loved her family, her family loved her, we made it easier on her when dad passed. She never wanted for anything. Miss and Love you both Mom and Dad on this Resurrection weekend. You gave much much more than I deserved.
Posted By: 673 Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
That was really beautiful.
Saddened to hear of your loss.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Sorry to hear of your Moms passing CharlieFoxtrot , condolence .

Mine passed two years ago yesterday on the 1st. .
Posted By: surefire7 Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
CFT, sorry to hear about your mom. She sounds like a wonderful person. It's obvious she's found Heaven's gate and passed right on through. Good on her!

My mother would have been 104 last week, but we lost her at age 86. Love you Mom.
Posted By: Kenneth66 Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Wow ! An eye opener . Mom’s are indeed speacial . Take care , Kenneth
Posted By: lundtroller Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Lost my mother 15 years ago at age 69 to cancer on the 7th of April... way too soon. She too was a great mother who had given much to her family and others. My birthday is on the 5th and it has never quite been the same... will always miss her.

I appreciate your thoughts on your Mom and am glad you were there with her. Condolences and prayers.
Posted By: WhiteTail48 Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
So very sorry for your loss. There is nothing like losing your beloved mother. You were so blessed to have a loving Christian mother who was such a positive influence. I hope it is reassuring to know you will see her again! May God comfort you and your family during this difficult time.
Posted By: ftbt Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
May the peace of our Risen Lord and Savior be with you and your family during this difficult time. Having lost both my parents and my wife, I deeply understand what you are going through. If it brings you any comfort, from what you related, I am sure your mother is receiving a warm embrace from our Lord as she begins her eternal reward.
Posted By: packrat77 Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Very nice tribute. My Mom turned 97 on the 31st.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
So sorry for your loss. Lost my Mom 3 years ago. Still miss her every day.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
My condolences.......
Posted By: DMc Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Terribly sorry to read this. Sincere condolences for you and your family. God Bless.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Condolences.
Posted By: coobie Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
So sorry for your Loss.Prayers for you and you family..
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
I had stopped to buy her a peppermint shake

You're a good son.

Thank you so much for sharing you loss.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Sorry for your lost.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Sure hate to hear of her passing.

Prayers
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Sounds like she was a great person, and a wonderful mother. Sorry about her passing. Godbless
Posted By: CashisKing Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Blessings upon you and your family...

A life well lived and all well loved... there is no higher honor that a mother can carry... nor a father... nor a son or daughter.

My wife, my son and I set put footstones upon my parents grave just yesterday.

The crocus flowers are blooming and we left a vase full.

Doing the work... makes all of mankind better.

You were a good son... Peace be upon you.
Posted By: michiganroadkill Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Sorry for you lose. Mom's are the greatest gift.
Tim
Posted By: Deans Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
My condolences and prayers for you and your family.
Posted By: blindshooter Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Condolences.

Miss my folks that have graduated.
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Our condolences for your loss.
That was a great tribute to a great mom from a loving son.
Be comforted in the fact that her struggles are over, and she is at peace.
Prayers sent.
Posted By: flagstaff Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
I am sorry to hear of your loss.

It sounds like you had an awesome Mom. You were blessed. As was I.

You will see her again. And your brother.
Posted By: kragman1 Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
I am very sorry for your loss.
I hope that there were more good times mixed in with the tough times for everyone in your family.

My own mother recently survived a heart attack that by all rights should have killed her. But she's stubborn, and is recovering pretty well. We had a party on the 1st anniversary of it, with many laughs.
With Covid rules, its tough to have a proper service for people who have passed. But around here, people usually have a very stripped down funeral then plan a family get together somewhat later. I hope you all can find a date to do that. Its great for the survivors.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Sorry man, I lost mine almost 5 years ago and it still hurts.
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Charlie,

My heart goes out to you with a tear in eye. I'm truly sorry for your loss. Your Mom sounds like an incredible woman and raised a boy who loves her much.
I will pray for you and your family.

I Thessalonians 4

"For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
"
Posted By: leesway2 Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Prayers sent for your Mom,you and the rest of the family.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
I'm sorry for your loss. Prayers for comforting and strength.
Posted By: hookeye Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Sorry for your loss.
A graceful exit for a great lady.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
RIP Mom!
Posted By: Whelenman Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
So sorry for the loss of your mom!!! We all go through it but that doesn’t make it any easier!!!
Prayers on the way!!

Denny
Posted By: 12344mag Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your mom, Moms are special, they travel a tough road and never complain.

Prayers for you, your family, and Moms everywhere.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa. Keep the good memories alive.
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
I'm very sorry to learn of your loss, my friend. I've yet to suffer the loss of life of immediate family members but dread the day. If/when that fateful day does come, I hope I can there with them and perhaps be of some comfort and share whatever kindness and love that I can with them. That you thought to bring your mom what I assume was her favorite flavor of shake says a lot about you. May your mom rest well and Godspeed to you and your family.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Charlie, I am very sorry to hear of your mother's death. She sounds like a wonderful person. I offer my condolences.

L.W.
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Thoughts and prayers. It will be 19 years at the end of this month that I lost my dear mother.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
Sorry. Lost my mom 2 years ago. Sucks for sure... 😶
Posted By: cra1948 Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
It’s never easy, even when you know it’s coming. My brothers and I were with my mother when she passed. My condolences... be grateful for the wonderful memories.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
a tough day, but it looks like you handled things well. I was with my Mom when she passed, back in 2015. The experience will stay with you always. She sounds like a great lady.
Posted By: boatammo Re: For mom. - 04/03/21
My prayers to You and Your family.
GOD bless
Brad
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: For mom. - 04/04/21
Thank you for the kind words. I hope this thread gave everyone a time to pause and reflect on their own moms. That would be the best tribute to my mom.

Have a happy Easter.
Posted By: hanco Re: For mom. - 04/04/21
Very sorry for your loss! Mine passed at 37 on June 19, 1969. I still miss her.
© 24hourcampfire