Home

DMX believed to be in grave condition after overdose, heart attack
By Jessica BennettApril 3, 2021 | 11:30am

DMX reportedly suffered an overdose which led to a heart attack.

MORE ON:
DMX
DMX claims his mentor tricked him into smoking crack as a teen

Hip Hop icon DMX’s life is hanging in the balance after the rapper suffered a drug overdosed Friday night.

According to TMZ, sources close to the “What’s My Name” artist claim the OD occurred at 11 p.m. Sources added that the overdose then triggered a heart attack.

DMX, 50, is currently in the critical care unit of a White Plains hospital where he reportedly is exhibiting “some brain activity.” Another source told TMZ that the artist is currently in a “vegetative state” and doctors have cautioned he may not make it.

The Ruff Ryders MC has long struggled with drug addiction, last checking into rehab October 2019.

The rapper claims his problems with addiction began when he was tricked into smoking crack at 14 — by his mentor.

“I was in Yonkers. This guy, ‘Ready Ron,’ he was like an older brother to me,” DMX told fellow hip-hop star Talib Kweli on his “People’s Party” podcast.

“He would rap, and I would do the beatbox,” DMX said. “I loved this guy like an older brother.”

One night after the duo “did a robbery one night… it was his birthday and we came back and split the money. I said, ‘Here you go, go get something nice for your birthday.’ So he came back with a blunt rolled up, and I’m counting the money, he pass[ed] the blunt.”

Holding back tears, he continued, “I hit the blunt and … I was no longer focused on the money. I’ve never felt like this, it just f–ked me up. I later found out that he laced the blunt with crack. Why would you do that to a child? He knew I looked up to him. Why would you do that to somebody who looks up to you? A monster was born. I wouldn’t do that to my worst enemy. Especially to someone that you supposedly love.”

“The person that I loved was a snake.”
If he was exhibiting some brain activity, that would probably be a first.
We are diminished
Fashionista!

[Linked Image from cutewallpaper.org]
Want be missed by me. Hasbeen
As far as I am concerned RAP is nothing but noise. The fate of this fool has no impact on me one way or the othet
And who says theres no good news?
Can't spell crap without rap!
yo PLAYA
I liked him in that schitty Steven Segal movie.
Who?
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Which one?
Ya'll gon' make me loose my mind!
Originally Posted by SCgman1

Which one?

The schitty one with Tom Arnold and Eva Mendes.
Mmmmmmmmm

Eva Mendes

Now that's how rough riders role!
Remember when he said “u know who gon find u, ? some old man fishin”

Well...at least I remember it.

Seems appropriate now. lol
Never heard of him. Dumb is as dumb does.
Originally Posted by OGB
Ya'll gon' make me loose my mind!

Well played
How TF do you "suffer" a drug overdose? Like you're sitting there doing your taxes and all of a sudden you just OD?
DMF !
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by SCgman1

Which one?

The schitty one with Tom Arnold and Eva Mendes.

Exit wounds
Originally Posted by RufusG
How TF do you "suffer" a drug overdose? Like you're sitting there doing your taxes and all of a sudden you just OD?

Right?!
50 fuggin years old and doing drugs. Great long life strategy.
He seemed to have a lifeguard whistle in the background on some of his tracks. Not as stupid as the hockey goal arena horns in other rap but still.

Well damm the moral irony of this:

Originally Posted by simonkenton7

“I loved this guy like an older brother.”

One night after the duo “did a robbery one night… it was his birthday and we came back and split the money. I said, ‘Here you go, go get something nice for your birthday.’ So he came back with a blunt rolled up, and I’m counting the money, he pass[ed] the blunt.”

Juxtaposed against this:

Holding back tears, he continued, “I hit the blunt and … I was no longer focused on the money. I’ve never felt like this, it just f–ked me up. I later found out that he laced the blunt with crack. Why would you do that to a child? He knew I looked up to him. Why would you do that to somebody who looks up to you? A monster was born. I wouldn’t do that to my worst enemy. Especially to someone that you supposedly love.”

DMX is a victim. The person he robbed, who cares. DMX is a VICTIM here, by golly. Robbing people didn’t make him a monster - his buddy putting a lil crack in his MJ bought with the stolen money, now, THAT only a cold hearted snake would do that! Why, it was his BDay, golldammit!

GMAFB.

Can’t wait to see the memorial.... Will he get a statue?
Originally Posted by RufusG

Right?!
YONKERS STRONG !

Watch your mouth mr soft hands!
Originally Posted by slumlord
Remember when he said “u know who gon find u, ? some old man fishin”

Well...at least I remember it.

Seems appropriate now. lol

As it turns out - he did NOT have the Kryptonite for whatever it is he was puffin on...

"So whatever it is you puffin on that got you think that you Superman
I got the Kryptonite, should I smack him with my dick and the mic?"
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
50 fuggin years old and doing drugs. Great long life strategy.

Somebody made him act a fool, up in there, up in there
He's 50? I'm surprised he lasted anywhere near this long.
Rap stars aren’t any different than those ducks they shoot at a carnival, just easier to hit.
Good, 'F' him...
Dont know who he is. I do know, he will most likely vote in 2022 and beyond.
Originally Posted by 79S

Watch your mouth mr soft hands!

It was a good show!
Ja Crispy.....
Got the Brain function of a peice of asparagus....

Sucks to be him...

LOL!!!
Originally Posted by sandcritter

Well damm the moral irony of this:

“I loved this guy like an older brother.”

Juxtaposed against this:

DMX is a victim. The person he robbed, who cares. DMX is a VICTIM here, by golly. Robbing people didn’t make him a monster - his buddy putting a lil crack in his MJ bought with the stolen money, now, THAT only a cold hearted snake would do that! Why, it was his BDay, golldammit!

GMAFB.

Can’t wait to see the memorial.... Will he get a statue?

Good analysis, sandcritter.
I've never heard anyone who "tricked" someone into smoking crack, at 14 no less, described as a "mentor".
he made some good songs to work out to. ran many a mile to some of his stuff.
White House flags at half staff?

Services at the Rotunda?
WGAF.........??
And you think we care about this worthless piece of shït?
Wasnt it Aretha Franklin back in 2018 they dragged around the country for a month before they finally dirt napped her for good???

This guy oughta get at least a week right???

Gangsta culture plank layer and all that he was...

LOL!!!
Originally Posted by renegade50
Wasnt it Aretha Franklin back in 2018 they dragged around the country for a month before they finally dirt napped her for good???

This guy oughta get at least a week right???

Gangsta culture plank layer and all that he was...

LOL!!!

Oops
He aint kicked the bucket yet I geuss.
In the meantime they can at least take him to the produce section at wally world and let him hang with his peers for awhile.

LOL!!!
Here he is offering his IQ through his digits.

Good Night Sweet Prince!

[Linked Image from media.vanityfair.com]
FTN
He bought a house a couple miles from where I lived in AZ like 15 or so years ago. Ran into him often out riding quads and stuff in the desert and at a couple of the local bars. He was always cool and never acted ghetto at all around around me and my buddies that lived out there. I just figured the whole gangsta thing was an act he put on for the cameras but then again those types tend to act differently depending on who is around...
If he is in a vegetative state, there is no recovery from that. His brain is fried. He’s a potential organ donor, that’s it.
Originally Posted by AB2506
He’s a potential organ donor, that’s it.

He's 50 years old, his dick ain't even good no more.
Originally Posted by mirage243
[quote=AB2506]He’s a potential organ donor, that’s it.

He's 50 years old, his dick ain't even good no more.[/quote

Ahh, speak for yourself 😂
A real tragedy.
WOW. He can't even RIP right. Sad. Prayers. Be Well, RZ.
WGAF ?
Gotta love a thread going on 2 pages of a bunch of guys claiming they don’t care, piling on somebody they don’t care about..

If this was some pill popping alcoholic old country singer we’d be losing one of the good ones too soon

Deadhead.. never met him but have heard the same, fun and generous down to earth guy to hang with
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Gotta love a thread going on 2 pages of a bunch of guys claiming they don’t care, piling on somebody they don’t care about.. If this was some pill popping alcoholic old country singer we’d be losing one of the good ones too soon.
lol

Truth. Better still are the virtue signalers who boast about boycotting the NFL and Coke while using an Internet Service Provider and Big Tech that donates money to Black Lives Matter and the ACLU.
Well,,,,,,,,,,byeee!!!!
He ded.

Negro had 15 kids. 🙄🙄
He ded.

Negro had 15 kids. 🙄🙄

That's Adrian Peterson territory.
How will I go on living???
Originally Posted by antlers
Gotta love a thread going on 2 pages of a bunch of guys claiming they don’t care, piling on somebody they don’t care about.. If this was some pill popping alcoholic old country singer we’d be losing one of the good ones too soon.
lol

Truth. Better still are the virtue signalers who boast about boycotting the NFL and Coke while using an Internet Service Provider and Big Tech that donates money to Black Lives Matter and the ACLU.

Then there are those complaining about a bunch of guys. Cycle never ends....
Originally Posted by MAC
As far as I am concerned RAP is nothing but noise. The fate of this fool has no impact on me one way or the othet

my daughter calls it "retards attempting poetry"
Couldn't care less what happens to a rap "star".
X gon give it to ya.....
It was still one of the better....later Steven Segal movies.
It was still one of the better....later Steven Segal movies.

Better than Under Seige? Tommy Lee Jones.....Gary Bussey....and Segal...
That was an earlier movie.

Under Seige Two was not as good.
What will happen to all of his pit bulls?
That was an earlier movie.

Under Seige Two was not as good.

True
Originally Posted by antlers
lol

The dynamically woke duo.
Another dead druggie rapper. He's in heaven now with St.George Floyd. Jimmy Crack Corn. GFYDMX.
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Another dead druggie rapper. He's in heaven now with St.George Floyd. Jimmy Crack Corn. GFYDMX.

Don't tell Paul, he might cry....
Sheesh. You guys are brutal. Can't say I disagree though.

All else aside, this crackhead had some jams.

Woodstock '99 he rocked about 200,000 white people.
That illustrates their poor taste.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Channel 6 Action News (Philly) called both Prince Phillip and dmx "royalty". Almost barfed up my white pizza with broccoli and garlic!
DMX? aint that a bike?
Originally Posted by slumlord
What will happen to all of his pit bulls?

Let a dog roam, he'll find his way home.
So...is he now XDMX?

Seriously..."suffered".

How does anyone equate self inflicted with "suffered"?
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Originally Posted by MAC

my daughter calls it "retards attempting poetry"

If she is young.....say 30 or under.....that gives me a little bit of hope! laugh I always say you can't spell crap without rap but that is much better and I'm stealing it!

In other tragic news, hundreds of rappers were found today walking around appearing to be in perfect health.
Gotta love a thread going on 2 pages of a bunch of guys claiming they don’t care, piling on somebody they don’t care about..

If this was some pill popping alcoholic old country singer we’d be losing one of the good ones too soon

Deadhead.. never met him but have heard the same, fun and generous down to earth guy to hang with

I am the OP.
It isn't that I don't care about rap stars. I detest them. They are producing stuff that celebrates beating up and raping women, killing cops, and drug abuse.
Plus it sounds like crap.

So, when one of these rap stars dies from an overdose, it is Schadenfreude for me. He has indeed lived the life that he has celebrated in his work, and it serves him right.
Did this niqqa die yet?
Did this niqqa die yet?

Yes, I broke the good news a few pages ago.
Stop....drop....shut'em down....oh he ded.
Did this niqqa die yet?

Yes, I broke the good news a few pages ago.

Have they charged a cop or a white man?
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Seriously..."suffered".

How does anyone equate self inflicted with "suffered"?

But....but ask anybody here in the states....they've been indoctrinated to think addiction is a "disease"...
Coke is never a good idea, but coke after 40 is a really bad idea.
Role model for all black kids
Ride on bro , hell ain't half full yet .
Did this niqqa die yet?

He's no longer in critical condition.
Its odd people make this a race topic. Plenty of loser drug popping, boozing white rockstars. Probably more actually.
OD'd just like the great angel Floyd
I was wondering what the hell was going on.White Plains Hospital is right down the street from my house,its been under a major expansion /construction for over a year.Bunch of news vans,people putting ballons and flowers on the construction fences.I couldn t even get to the pharmacy ,it was mobbed.Now i know why,it was on the news,but i must have missed the White Plains Hosp. part.
Drugs destroy lives,period.My oldest is a pill head,haven t seen or spoken to her in long while.I know one day i'll get a call,addiction is a hell of a thing.
Now the word is he got the fakeccine just before he dropped.
He had a Nashville producer connection. Been some boo-hooing on the local news here.

No mention of OD or drugs, just “oh the poor man had a heart attack”
Oh well....
Another floyd hit the wall no loss.
© 24hourcampfire