Home
Posted By: denton New Lightning Rod - 04/04/21
I think my church may have just made us a lightning rod.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints holds a worldwide get together twice a year, once near Easter, and again in October. Usual Easter time topics often relate to the resurrection of Christ, and we got that. But we also received something I don't recall having heard in a worldwide meeting.

A member of our Quorum of Twelve Apostles just strongly defended the principles of the U. S. Constitution, and warned of threats against it. Well, he's right. I just didn't expect such in this forum.

Having publicly taken such a stand, I expect leftist wrath.

Making popcorn.

Glad our leaders are not timid.

Posted By: Old_Toot Re: New Lightning Rod - 04/04/21
Most commendable, Denton.

You’d think all Chr*stian Churches would follow suit to highlight their protections under the Constitution.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: New Lightning Rod - 04/04/21
The LDS church is worthy of 1000 times as much respect as she gets. While I am not a believer, I do respect everything the LDS church does stand for today.

I hope the Church's public stance against the leftist agenda does not create a tremendous amount of heartache for the parishioners.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: New Lightning Rod - 04/07/21
Originally Posted by denton

A member of our Quorum of Twelve Apostles just strongly defended the principles of the U. S. Constitution, and warned of threats against it. Well, he's right. I just didn't expect such in this forum.

I am glad to hear that.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: New Lightning Rod - 04/07/21
The LDS church (as a non-member, I can use the abbreviation) has always been staunchly conservative in values. The state capital has recently been infiltrated with liberal agitators - as have every state capital city - determined to change that. Utah may be one of the last strongholds of true freedom. I'll do my part to help insure that.
Posted By: MickeyD Re: New Lightning Rod - 04/08/21
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The LDS church (as a non-member, I can use the abbreviation) has always been staunchly conservative in values

And yet they elected the POS Romney.
© 24hourcampfire