Home
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ol-including-red-flag-laws-states-model/
Well heck that will not fly very high, color me disappointed.
Sounds like a fart in a whirlwind to me....

Biden’s six executive actions include:

-The Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of “ghost guns.”

-The Justice Department, within 60 days, will issue a proposed rule to make clear when a device marketed as a stabilizing brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act.

-The Justice Department, within 60 days, will publish model “red flag” legislation for states: Red flag laws allow family members or law enforcement to petition for a court order temporarily barring people in crisis from accessing firearms if they present a danger to themselves or others.

-The Administration is investing in evidence-based community violence interventions.

-The Justice Department will issue an annual report on firearms trafficking.

-The President will nominate David Chipman to serve as Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
Slow Joe can KMFA.
Surest way to lose elections is to PO the voters. I suspect the Democrats are gonna wait and see if the Mid Terms go their way.

If they do and they get wider majorities in the Senate and Congress, then the gloves will come off and the full-on assault on the 2nd will happen.
I think they’re pulling the gloves off prematurely.
Looks like he is going to make suggestions that asks States follow his recommendations. OK, suggest away.
Looks to me like these EOs are recommendations, not rules.

Maybe they're afraid of POing too many voters and just want to pretend to the ultralibs that they're doing something. In 1994, when they passed the phony AWB, which Clinton publicly stated was the reason the dems lost the House for the first time in 40 years, there were 400,000 AR15s in America.

Today there are 20,000,000.
Obviously what he’s really waiting for is a tragedy that he with the help of the propaganda wing can intimidate some RINOs in to voting for. This is just his first step towards placating his base and then saying “see we haven’t done enough.”
I was wondering if Biden wanted to get the party started, I guess not.
It’ll fool their idiots.
Nothing burger for the fans.
FOAD, you old schitbag.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Surest way to lose elections is to PO the voters. I suspect the Democrats are gonna wait and see if the Mid Terms go their way.

If they do and they get wider majorities in the Senate and Congress, then the gloves will come off and the full-on assault on the 2nd will happen.

This, exactly.

Just warming up for the coming main event.
Fugg'em
David Chipman is a Phillips Exeter graduate, per his Linked-in.

He's also a huge gun contort advocate.

https://onlygunsandmoney.com/2021/04/07/david-chipman-as-head-of-atf-wtf.html

David Chipman As Head Of ATF? WTF!
April 7, 2021 by John Richardson 0 Comments
President Joe Biden is reportedly going to nominate David Chipman to be the next Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. For those who are unaware of Chipman, he is a senior policy advisor for the Cult of Personality known as Giffords. He retired nine years ago as a Special Agent with BATFE. He has since become like a trained seal that the gun prohibitionists trot out anytime there is a hearing on gun control.

According to LinkedIn, Chipman’s last position was as Chief of the Liaison Division, Office of Public and Governmental Affairs. He was there for all of six months. The liaison division for the uninitiated is the lobbying arm of BATFE. So Slow Joe is planning on nominating a lobbyist to head BATFE. It figures.

Here is his self-reported history with BATFE. As you can see, he spent a good part of his career in administrative support or policy roles.

Chief, Liaison Division, Office of Public and Governmental Affairs Dec 2011 – May 2012 D.C. Metro Area Managed external partnerships of the Bureau of ATF to include law enforcement organizations, international liaison, industry, research, and other groups with interest in the prevention of violent crime and public safety.

International Association of Chiefs of Police Jan 2011 – Dec 2011 Alexandria, Virginia Served as ATF Liaison to the IACP assigned to the Research Center Directorate. Advisor to the National Law Enforcement Partnership to Prevent Gun Violence, the Center for the Prevention of Violence Against the Police and various other programs that support law enforcement safety and effectiveness.

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives 22 yrs 7 mos

Special Agent in Charge, Apr 2009 – Dec 2010 Responsible for execution of ATF’s operational budget in 25 Field Divisions. Manager of Asset Forfeiture Program charged with oversight of evidence seized by field agents and properties forfeited as a result of criminal investigations. Charged with monitoring Spectrum Relocation Program tasked with transition of undercover monitoring infrastructure from bandwidths sold by the government. In total, accountable for an annual budget in excess of $150 million.

Assistant Special Agent in Charge, Detroit Field Division, Nov 2006 – Mar 2009 Manager of Law Enforcement Operations for the Detroit Field Division; charged with leading federal firearm, explosives, arson and tobacco diversion investigations throughout the State of Michigan.

Chief, Firearms Programs Division, Sep 2005 – Nov 2006 Managed six branches staffed with over 70 employees that support ATF’s firearms enforcement and compliance missions. Managed foreign offices in Bogota, Mexico City, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver. Oversaw budget in excess of $20 million. ATF representative to Department of Justice (DOJ) and International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)

Chief, Firearms Enforcement Branch Sep 2004 – Sep 2005 Managed developement (sic) of national firearms enforcement strategies to include implimentation (sic) of the Violent Crime Impact Team (VCIT)program charged with lowering homicides in 15 cities. ATF’s representative to DOJ subcommittee on Violent Crime and Gangs responsible for coordinating National anti-gang strategy.

Chief, Policy Development and Evaluation Branch Jul 2002 – Sep 2004 Led staff charged with programmatic development, budgetary analysis, strategic planning and performance measurement. Managed transition of ATF from the Department of Treasury to the Department of Justice. Managed ATF’s logistical response to the DC Area Sniper Investigation.

Resident Agent in Charge, Flint Field Office Jan 2001 – Jul 2002 Managed criminal investigations in 26 counties in north-central Michigan. Formed Project Safe Neighborhoods Task Force.

Group Supervisor, Arson and Explosives Team III, Detroit Field Division Jan 1999 – Jan 2001 Managed responses to large scale fireworks manufacturing plant explosion, multi-million dollar commercial firearm and tobacco diversion conspiracy that funded middle-eastern terrorist group.

Special Agent, Houston Field Division May 1993 – Jan 1999 Case agent in Branch Davidian Trial. Apprehended arsonist resulting in $1.5 million criminal forfeiture. Apprehended mail bomber resulting in 30 year federal sentence. Responded to Oklahoma City bombing as member of Western National Response Team.

Special Agent, Washington Field Division Jun 1988 – May 1993 Assigned to Norfolk, Virginia Field Office charged with combating firearms trafficking. Conducted numerous high risk enforcement operations as member of Washington Entry Control Team. Responded to World Trade Center bombing as member of Northeast National Response Team.

Within a couple of months of retiring from BATFE, Chipman had secured a position with Michael Bloomberg’s Everytown.

You may remember Andrew Traver. He was President Obama’s first pick to head BATFE. His nomination went nowhere and his nomination was eventually withdrawn. When he was nominated, Traver was Special Agent in Charge of the Chicago Field Division. Unlike Chipman, Traver’s gun control bonafides were only suspected and not confirmed.

Chipman’s nomination to head BATFE is not only bad but it is a slap in the face to every one of America’s gun owners. I rarely resort to profanity on this blog but Chipman’s presumed nomination has me saying, “Are you [bleep] kidding me?” There is no way in hell that a BATFE with Chipman in charge will be a responsible law enforcement agency upholding both the law and the Constitution.

One last thing about Chipman that I always found strange. Rarely, if ever, do you see a person’s high school listed on schools attended on a professional LinkedIn profile. Chipman, however, not only lists his high school but wants you to know that he went to the uber-connected and prestigious Phillips Exeter Academy.
The last thing the democrats want is for the Supreme Court to take up a gun control case and uphold the Second Ammendment. I know it is a crap shoot but if it happens they will lose bigly. They are trying to push this crap as far as they can without bringing it to a head. They will pack the court first, then start trying to confiscate firearms.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I was wondering if Biden wanted to get the party started, I guess not.

Nope - they're a bunch of cowards who talk big .
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

This, exactly.

Just warming up for the coming main event.

Please.
All six are a fugging joke.

Nothing to see here.
Originally Posted by 45_100
The last thing the democrats want is for the Supreme Court to take up a gun control case and uphold the Second Ammendment. I know it is a crap shoot but if it happens they will lose bigly. They are trying to push this crap as far as they can without bringing it to a head. They will pack the court first, then start trying to confiscate firearms.

Those aszholes are funny.
Originally Posted by SandBilly
It’ll fool their idiots.

Anyone fool enough to vote for him surely will swallow this hook line and sinker
Since we haven't seen the "ghost gun" order yet we can't be sure. Could be 80% frames and "parts" and that could include everything right down to a weaver base for a 1022. Its the camels nose under the tent again.
Meaningless and ineffective political posturing. Nothing more, nothing less.

Speaking as an AR owner, I've always found the whole AR pistol "brace" a goofy bit of loophole engineering anyway. Who the hell are we trying to fool anyway?

I won't lose a minute of sleep over these EO's.
Originally Posted by K_P
Meaningless and ineffective political posturing. Nothing more, nothing less.

Speaking as an AR owner, I've always found the whole AR pistol "brace" a goofy bit of loophole engineering anyway. Who the hell are we trying to fool anyway?

I won't lose a minute of sleep over these EO's.

The concept of an SBR is absurd.

At the end of the day the NFA is unconstitutional in and of itself.

If the British Crown were to have banned AR-15s in 1774, would the drafters have assented?
Watch him ban this by EO and the left celebrate in the streets LOL

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Originally Posted by RDW
Watch him ban this by EO and the left celebrate in the streets LOL

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Let me guess...

You remove everything that doesn't look like a gun, right?
60 days to move on pistol braces. Lol. They’ve been dicking around on those for awhile now. Guess mine is safe.
Did Slo-Joe actually author something himself?

That’s funny.
As if elections matter and as if they give a schit what “voters” say, think or do.

“We have put together the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.”

Joe Biden

A model Red Flag law for states has no force in law, and the good states will ignore it. Sadly, Florida has one of its own already. It's possible, however, that its being included in the executive order will prompt a movement to have it removed from Florida law.
All of this stuff is bad. Don't go to sleep. Realistically, the first two are "legit" EO's in that they are the stuff of EO's. IMO they are Unconstitutional and also things that shouldn't be EO'd. They have consequences. The rest of them are things that are in essence, silly. Biden would present guidance on passing Red Flag Laws anyway. It might precipitate some in states that eventually would pass them anyway, without guidance and certainly without an EO. It won't do anything positive for the anti's in solid Red States and in fact, may precipitate pro-gun laws against Red Flags.

The Justice Dept. already issues reports. So f u c king what. Slow Mo Joe was already going to nominate an anti-gunner for AG. Big deal. How is that EO material? The gov already uses our own tax monies against us for propaganda purposes. So what?

So two EO's that shouldn't be EO's and that have some affect. Here's the Fudd part. I was alive when the GCA was passed and enacted and for a long time, stuff like ultra short barreled AR's were deemed illegal anyway. Then they came out with AR pistols and then people put stocks on them. They were deemed illegal and then people started calling them braces. Voila! Legal. I have no personal use for them myself, but if people want them, I am all for it. The GCA is an infringement anyway and if you read it that braces are illegal due to the GCA then it's all unconstitutional anyway. Ghost guns didn't exist when I was younger. I don't see how they're legal under the GCA which is itself illegal as hell IMO. Bottom line is, both these EO's should be resisted to the fullest extant possible both in Federal and State legislative arenas and also in the courts. I don't see a ghost gun in my future, but so what? If somebody wants one, I'm all for it. Resist, obstruct, object. Isn't that what the commies said when Trump went in?
But they keep taken guns away inch by inch. This must stop.
We realistically always should be moving forward. This was the huge problem with the NRA. It existed way before Wayne and his suits became an issue. We need to be pushing towards no infringement. Negating these two things needs to be done, but even that isn't moving forward either legislatively or legally. Small moves forward would include getting rid of the ban on regular people being unable to buy, sell and trade in states other than their own. This especially on handguns which can't even be bought from FFL's legally in other states. Big moves would be legalization of full auto's. Silencers are in between. This is stuff to do while we wait for complete deregulation and uninfringement of the rights recognized by the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
I said some Fuddish things but am not a Fudd. See my other post.
Assuming this rundown of the EO's is accurate...realistically, we are exceedingly fortunate that no ban on imports was enacted. Limited ones have been done before and one right now, with guns and ammo the way they are, would be nearly catastrophic.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
All of this stuff is bad. Don't go to sleep. Realistically, the first two are "legit" EO's in that they are the stuff of EO's. IMO they are Unconstitutional and also things that shouldn't be EO'd. They have consequences. The rest of them are things that are in essence, silly. Biden would present guidance on passing Red Flag Laws anyway. It might precipitate some in states that eventually would pass them anyway, without guidance and certainly without an EO. It won't do anything positive for the anti's in solid Red States and in fact, may precipitate pro-gun laws against Red Flags.

The Justice Dept. already issues reports. So f u c king what. Slow Mo Joe was already going to nominate an anti-gunner for AG. Big deal. How is that EO material? The gov already uses our own tax monies against us for propaganda purposes. So what?

So two EO's that shouldn't be EO's and that have some affect. Here's the Fudd part. I was alive when the GCA was passed and enacted and for a long time, stuff like ultra short barreled AR's were deemed illegal anyway. Then they came out with AR pistols and then people put stocks on them. They were deemed illegal and then people started calling them braces. Voila! Legal. I have no personal use for them myself, but if people want them, I am all for it. The GCA is an infringement anyway and if you read it that braces are illegal due to the GCA then it's all unconstitutional anyway. Ghost guns didn't exist when I was younger. I don't see how they're legal under the GCA which is itself illegal as hell IMO. Bottom line is, both these EO's should be resisted to the fullest extant possible both in Federal and State legislative arenas and also in the courts. I don't see a ghost gun in my future, but so what? If somebody wants one, I'm all for it. Resist, obstruct, object. Isn't that what the commies said when Trump went in?

What's being called a ghost gun is just a gun someone made in their shop. An industry has risen up providing frames that are just shy of being classifiable as guns, and folks are finishing them, but those frames aren't ghost guns. The ghost guns are the finished product, after the frame has been worked up in a home shop to where it would be classified as a gun. The ghost aspect is that it doesn't have any official existence on any registry anywhere, and no serial number. That's been legal since before the founding of our nation till today. We wouldn't have a John Browning, for example, if it weren't legal for folks to make their own guns in their own shops absent all sorts of red tape.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

What's being called a ghost gun is just a gun someone made in their shop. An industry has risen up providing frames that are just shy of being classifiable as guns, and folks are finishing them, but those frames aren't ghost guns. The ghost guns are the finished product, after the frame has been worked up in a home shop to where it would be classified as a gun. The ghost aspect is that it doesn't have any official existence on any registry anywhere, and no serial number. That's been legal since before the founding of our nation till today. We wouldn't have a John Browning, for example, if it weren't legal for folks to make their own guns in their own shops absent all sorts of red tape.
I'm all for ghost guns and braces and also the recently deemed "legal" bump fire stocks. Both should be defended with the full weight of legislation and the judicial system. At the same time we need to be pushing back with the ultimate goal of total uninfringement.

This ^^^^^ These EO are "reasonable" gun laws, opens the door for more and more...
To the best of my knowledge NO ONE has been the victim of a mass shooting (accidental maybe??? probably not??)
By some one who assembled their AR.

Gang bangers and thugs are stealing guns, not sitting in the garage "making" or "building" one...
Originally Posted by Hancock27

This ^^^^^ These EO are "reasonable" gun laws, opens the door for more and more...
To the best of my knowledge NO ONE has been the victim of a mass shooting (accidental maybe??? probably not??)

Gang bangers and thugs are stealing guns, not sitting in the garage "making" or "building" one...
No offense, but it's worth noting that EO's are NOT laws and shouldn't carry the force of law. That they do may be reality and also a sad commentary on our society, but they aren't laws.
Originally Posted by Hancock27

The government isn't worried in the least about gang bangers and thugs. They made that abundantly clear during the whole BLM riots thingy.
The most dangerous part of these Executive Actions, Executive Orders, etc is the nomination of David Chipman to head ATF.

Putting an anti-gun zealot in charge of the agency that regulates the firearms industry is like making the head of PETA or HSUS the chief of US Fish & Wildlife Services. Not only will he push new anti-gun rights regulations written by the gun control industry, he will promote people from within ATF who hold his similar views. Moreover, it isn't just new regulations but how the existing ones are enforced and interpreted. There will be extreme pressure put on your local gun shops with added inspections, fines, and prosecutions with the ultimate goal to drive them out of business.

If you think "well it is only a ban on pistol braces and ghost guns" and that doesn't impact me, you live in a delusional world. Your WinRemSavage scoped rifle now becomes "a high powered sniper rifle whose only purpose is to kill (little kids and cops) from a distance".
Originally Posted by ftbt

-The Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of “ghost guns.”

-The Justice Department, within 60 days, will issue a proposed rule to make clear when a device marketed as a stabilizing brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act.

-The Justice Department, within 60 days, will publish model “red flag” legislation for states: Red flag laws allow family members or law enforcement to petition for a court order temporarily barring people in crisis from accessing firearms if they present a danger to themselves or others.

-The Administration is investing in evidence-based community violence interventions.

-The President will nominate David Chipman to serve as Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.

Some reporter should ask Biden '...what does that mean, exactly?....'

That answer would be epic!!!

While he is at it, ask him what a 'ghost-gun' is!!!
they had another mass shooting in South Carolina yesterday. They'll prob want to ban something else. Why not ban mass shootings?

What violent crimes will that prevent?
can someone tell me when the last time a "ghost gun" was used to commit a crime?

I didn't thinks so!

BUT let's outlaw them just because.

Biden is a dumbass, as so is everyone that voted for the turd!
Originally Posted by TRnCO
can someone tell me when the last time a "ghost gun" was used to commit a crime?

I didn't thinks so!

Stupid is the new smart because global warming caused racism.

It makes that much sense
What say the dumb [bleep] who voted for him?

I'll bet we will hear crickets.
#3 and #4 are extremely dangerous. You will now be at the mercy of some liberal to determine if you need a gun or not............
Originally Posted by TRnCO

I didn't thinks so!

^^^ THIS ^^^
Originally Posted by jpr9954
The most dangerous part of these Executive Actions, Executive Orders, etc is the nomination of David Chipman to head ATF.

THIS for sure...he considers the "regulation" part of the second amendment to apply to firearms per se. not to the militia.

You can't make this stuff up...
As several have already said, our votes no longer matter. We are not going to vote our way out of this. The NRA has lost their focus choosing to concentrate on suits and housing for Wayne. For the NRA to be effective and carry out their intended mission they need to concentrate on lawsuits challenging the constitutionality of every gun law that has been implemented, starting with the GCA of 1968.
The BATF director has no authority to issue rules having the affect of laws. No alphabet agency has that authority. Only the legislature can pass laws. There needs to be lawsuits filed challenging the constitutionality of all these alphabet agency regulations.
The court system is risky at best but there are few if any peaceful alternatives left.
Originally Posted by Muffin

Some reporter should ask Biden '...what does that mean, exactly?....'

That answer would be epic!!!

While he is at it, ask him what a 'ghost-gun' is!!!

Ghost guns are easy. Thats on Ghost Busters.
These so-called "red flag" laws are the ones that really worry me.........although we aren't likely to have one in Texas soon, one can imagine they will be pretty pervasive in 20 years, and they will be pretty easy to abuse I imagine...you have an argument with your neighbor over his son's loud music or his trees hanging over your fence and the next thing you know your guns are being confiscated..
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

What violent crimes will that prevent?
Um, none? Did I win a prize?

Originally Posted by centershot
#3 and #4 are extremely dangerous. You will now be at the mercy of some liberal to determine if you need a gun or not............
But THEY will be at the mercy of patriots who decide otherwise..

Originally Posted by TimZ
These so-called "red flag" laws are the ones that really worry me...........
Ditto...

Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
What say the dumb [bleep] who voted for him?

I'll bet we will hear crickets.
Crickets chirping "YAY"!!
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by jpr9954

THIS for sure...he considers the "regulation" part of the second amendment to apply to firearms per se. not to the militia.

You can't make this stuff up...

The Supreme Court has ruled that this line of interpretation of the Second Amendment (proposed by leftists seeking to outlaw private gun ownership) is utterly baseless. The right of the people to keep and bear arms is in no way connected to what "well regulated militia" might or might not refer to. It stands alone, as does the prohibition against infringing on that right.

They said it would if GC68 would be passed, just another lie among thousands the public is fed

It will NEVER be enough
Biden, what a tool! Did he sign the EO's in crayon?
Gettin mines cleaned up for the confiscation.. Hate for them to go dirty.
I hear he has some special new instructions for some agency called AFT.
© 24hourcampfire