Home
Posted By: GRIZZ Shill Bidding on GunProker - 04/09/21
You know your bidding against a shill bidder when he only has 1 feedback. Fuqking GunJoker wont do any thing to stop this chit. In my case I've bided the max I'm willing to pay for this revolver so the seller might have to eat it if he keeps up the BS. In that case, he can stick it...I'll know Sat Morning if I win...
Posted By: hanco Re: Shill Bidding on GunProker - 04/09/21
I bid the most I will pay. If I get it, good, if I don’t, good.
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
You know your bidding against a shill bidder when he only has 1 feedback. Fuqking GunJoker wont do any thing to stop this chit. In my case I've bided the max I'm willing to pay for this revolver so the seller might have to eat it if he keeps up the BS. In that case, he can stick it...I'll know Sat Morning if I win...

Well, no, you don't know that. I've sold several guns, for crazy prices, to buyers with either no or very little feedback, and gotten paid every time. You just have to decide if you want it bad enough to outbid the other guy.
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Well, no, you don't know that. I've sold several guns, for crazy prices, to buyers with either no or very little feedback, and gotten paid every time. You just have to decide if you want it bad enough to outbid the other guy.

That is until you see the same gun a week later being offered. There are way too many coincidental bidders on GB, maybe not all are crooked but there are shills big time.
Posted By: Region6 Re: Shill Bidding on GunProker - 04/09/21
Bid once the Max your willing to pay and walk away. If you win it great, if not bid on another the next day.
GRIZZ: Good luck to you - as I have posted repeatedly on this forum and others I will NOT use gunbreaker for anything - ever.
It is filled with scammers, proxy bidders and unscrupulous sellers.
According to my many honest collector friends.
Some legit sellers must frequent that place - but I never have, and never will, buy anything off'n that site - again based on the many sad, overly expensive, over described, overbid and unsatisfactory dealings my honest gun trading friends have encountered there.
I buy a LOT of guns and much prefer doing business IN PERSON!
Having said that I have satisfactorily bought several Rifles and some pistols from the classifieds on this site over the last 18 years.
My advice - avoid gunbreaker completely.
Again good luck in your upcoming situation.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I've sold to bidders with no feedback. No issues

LOTS of shills. Know it for fact.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

That is until you see the same gun a week later being offered. There are way too many coincidental bidders on GB, maybe not all are crooked but there are shills big time.

Yes. There are.
Originally Posted by Region6
Bid once the Max your willing to pay and walk away. If you win it great, if not bid on another the next day.

This.

Don’t hold into the bullschitt
Posted By: Toddly Re: Shill Bidding on GunProker - 04/09/21
What are you bidding on? Show us the auction
Originally Posted by jmdriver

This.

Yeah. Ignore the shills. Right
Posted By: RickyD Re: Shill Bidding on GunProker - 04/09/21
Well, I just sold on Gunbroker a Ruger 480 I bought on here for $750 with dies and brass for $1299 without dies and brass, and a side by side I bought on here for also 750 for 1000. Paid by both timely. I had one bad experience about 20 years ago. All the rest have been good and way more pay for the bad one.
I've got several very good deals on Gunbroker. Like anything there's the human element so all bets are off but you can get some decent deals although anymore it's a seller's market. Ymmv
Originally Posted by local_dirt

This.

WTF are you going to do about it? If you cant deal with the “shills” stay the F off gunbroker. No f’in sweat on my end. Bid my max if it doesn’t pan out I keep looking. Pretty f’in easy. TONS of people panic buying as low feedback buyers. Probably some shenanigans but that doesn’t happen on the f’in classy 24hr either does it? No call out posts right? Feces happens
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Shill Bidding on GunProker - 04/09/21

This.

WTF are you going to do about it? If you cant deal with the “shills” stay the F off gunbroker. No f’in sweat on my end. Bid my max if it doesn’t pan out I keep looking. Pretty f’in easy. TONS of people panic buying as low feedback buyers. Probably some shenanigans but that doesn’t happen on the f’in classy 24hr either does it? No call out posts right? Feces happens
Hey...Fuqk you!

This.

You're a fugking moron and always have been. So there's that.
Posted By: RAS Re: Shill Bidding on GunProker - 04/09/21
Bid your max and forget it. If a shill wins it, let the seller pay the $.
Hahaha. Cryazz’s. Fixed it since there’s a couple of you!

This.

Oh, there's a bid process on Gunbroker?

I have made a few purchases from Gunbroker. I just write a check for "buy it now" price + S&H. No drama!
Hahaha. Cryazz

How did Mommy decorate your cake for your quinceañera?
Hahaha. Cryazz

Careful retard god is watching you. You can only confess and say sorry to the little big man so many times before you head where I’m heading.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

This.

I have made a few purchases from Gunbroker. I just write a check for "buy it now" price + S&H. No drama!

Even better!
I bought several items from a seller that goes by highcapglock. He seems to be a straight honest seller. Almost every thing he sells starts at a penny with no reserve. He is pretty straight up that you will get A+ if you pay and F if you don't. I have lately bid of several lots of ammo and there is something screwy going on with that. I did buy 500 pieces of Federal .30-06 primed brass before Christmas for $305 including shipping which seemed a fair price.
Hahaha. Cryazz

Careful retard god is watching you. You can only confess and say sorry to the little big man so many times before you head where I’m heading.

Oh? You some kinda evil bitch?
Posted By: shootem Re: Shill Bidding on GunProker - 04/09/21
When you see somebody bidding on the same stuff they’re selling you have to think they might be helping a buddy get his price up. Nothing to loose but the sales fee if you get stuck. Cost of doing business. Look at Bid History enough and you’ll probably run across it.
GB has run its course.

I killed my account and payed for “Team Bud’s” upgrade and right away am getting force fed ammunition. I’m constantly getting in stock notifications and I buy.

This.

Not all listing on GunPoker offer the "buy it now" option but you knew that right smart guy? If not, then you another dumb fuqk...
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
GB has run its course.

I killed my account and payed for “Team Bud’s” upgrade and right away am getting force fed ammunition. I’m constantly getting in stock notifications and I buy.

Got a stock notification from Midway night before last informing me the 44 Special ammo I wanted was available. I jumped on it.
Originally Posted by shootem
When you see somebody bidding on the same stuff they’re selling you have to think they might be helping a buddy get his price up. Nothing to loose but the sales fee if you get stuck. Cost of doing business. Look at Bid History enough and you’ll probably run across it.

^^^^^

This.

This.

Not all listing on GunPoker offer the "buy it now" option but you knew that right smart guy? If not, then you another dumb fuqk...

Sure I know that. But I do not do business with them.

But then I am not a grown ass man who spends his life looking for drama so I can get all butthurt and then go on social media looking for vaseline to make my ouchies feel better.

It is really pretty simple. If the way things are done in a certain part of the world causes you stress, anger, and unhappiness, don't go to that part of the world. Your family and your psychiatrist will thank you.

Really, google up "Serenity Prayer".
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
GRIZZ: Good luck to you - as I have posted repeatedly on this forum and others I will NOT use gunbreaker for anything - ever.
It is filled with scammers, proxy bidders and unscrupulous sellers.
According to my many honest collector friends.
Some legit sellers must frequent that place - but I never have, and never will, buy anything off'n that site - again based on the many sad, overly expensive, over described, overbid and unsatisfactory dealings my honest gun trading friends have encountered there.
I buy a LOT of guns and much prefer doing business IN PERSON!
Having said that I have satisfactorily bought several Rifles and some pistols from the classifieds on this site over the last 18 years.
My advice - avoid gunbreaker completely.
Again good luck in your upcoming situation.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

While this may be true in certain cases, it is not true in all. Gunbroker is also one of the few places where you might find certain firearms that are not available locally.

This.

Sure I know that. But I do not do business with them.

But then I am not a grown ass man who spends his life looking for drama so I can get all butthurt and then go on social media looking for vaseline to make my ouchies feel better.

It is really pretty simple. If the way things are done in a certain part of the world causes you stress, anger, and unhappiness, don't go to that part of the world. Your family and your psychiatrist will thank you.

Really, google up "Serenity Prayer".

Awe GFY your obviously a douche with a big chip. Shill biding is a problem on gunbroker and I was pointing this out. Your response to this is the only 'drama' anyone see's here. If your that bored go out and get some air instead of going out of your way to being a prick
Looking in the mirror? Talking to yourself?
Posted By: Seafire Re: Shill Bidding on GunProker - 04/09/21
I avoid that site like the plague....for reasons like that.
Posted By: ENorton Re: Shill Bidding on GunProker - 04/09/21
i have bought a couple on GB, but as said above bid what I was willing to pay and won. Have lost a few but so what if more than wanted to pay. Lots of stuff on GB with no bids, crazy price does not sell except of late.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Shill Bidding on GunProker - 04/09/21

Well, no, you don't know that. I've sold several guns, for crazy prices, to buyers with either no or very little feedback, and gotten paid every time. .
Same here...
Posted By: hanco Re: Shill Bidding on GunProker - 04/09/21
I’ve gotten good deals on GunBroker through the years. Crazy prices right now.

There's shills.

Last week I was bidding on a case of ammo, and held it well under the "buy it now" price. Substantially under it.

Then a couple hours before the auction was over, a shill punched the "buy it now" button.

If he'd really been a legit buyer, why wouldn't he have just outbid me, at much lower than the buy it now price?

Seller just didn't want to complete the auction.... He thought I'd win at far below the buy it now price. (Bet it re-lists soon.)
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Shill Bidding on GunProker - 04/09/21
In the past few months, I've had trouble with 2 bidder/buyers on GB. One failed to pay, giving me a dozen excuses. Turned out the rifles serial number had the numbers 666 in sequence, and he didn't want it because of that. The other bidder sent me the FFL he wanted the gun shipped to, and then they called me saying not to send it, because he'd failed to pass the NICS check on another rifle he'd bought. I sent his check back to him, and at any rate, he'd sent me almost a $100 too much. I believe he must have not been all there.

Anyway, I'm through fooling with GB. They just sent me a bill for sales tax on a rifle I sold back in January, in a state that was not on their list of states that they were collecting for during that time period. They have got the last dime from me they're going to get.
Posted By: SKane Re: Shill Bidding on GunProker - 04/09/21
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

So, you essentially have no first-hand varmint-experience but varmint-bloviate nonetheless.

I've never had a bad experience on GunBroker - and sold two rifles to folks that had nary a transaction prior to winning the bid.
I continually see shill bidding happening but there's nothing I need bad enough to play that game. Nor am I willing to have someone do it on my behalf if/when selling something. smile
Proxy bidders happen on alot of online sites.
Not just firearms and ammo.

At the behest of d bag sellers.

Either themselves or friends and family set up with B.S. accounts.
All planned out well beforehand.

Some fools fall for it when biggun337, pistolman869, or whoever gets in a "bidding war" with them.
They either win it at a high price after getting run up on their bidding.
Or the item has not reached its selling price in the run up game.
And is not sold.
Then 2 or 3 weeks later it is back on and either the old proxy bidder is doing it again or the same cat with another name is doing it again
Sometime several proxy bidders are on the same item.
Running fools up....
Winning online bidding for some is like a gambling addiction for some.

Alot of people fall for schit like this, cause they are so fugging aloof.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

There's shills.

Last week I was bidding on a case of ammo, and held it well under the "buy it now" price. Substantially under it.

Then a couple hours before the auction was over, a shill punched the "buy it now" button.

If he'd really been a legit buyer, why wouldn't he have just outbid me, at much lower than the buy it now price?

Seller just didn't want to complete the auction.... He thought I'd win at far below the buy it now price. (Bet it re-lists soon.)

Barry, that is one of the big GIANT check marks that it was a shill bid / sale. The shill bidder (seller or seller associate) doesn't want to spend any more time rechecking the auction to see if they need to bid against you further.

All I can say is, with all this pushback on this board about Gunbroker, it just proves there are a bunch of GB weasels here.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

There's shills.

Or it might have just been me, or someone like me, who would just as soon pay a full, fair price for goods rather than fug with an auction hoping to save a few pennies.

I have been told, since I was a little kid, "You can not cheat an honest man".
Way back in 75, a seasoned auctioneer told me, You can't tell when you are being run up.
It has been the norm, at car auctions, to run the bid up to the reserve.

Bidders usually have a pretty good idea when there is no real money bid.

Originally Posted by wabigoon
Way back in 75, a seasoned auctioneer told me, You can't tell when you are being run up.

I have had hundreds of GB deals (buying and selling). Have only had one "bad" buyer and that was last week. Failed to pay after several attempts to contact so I started a credit request through the GB system which sends an email to the buyer threatening to cancel their account. Immediately the guy texts me and gives me a song and dance about winning too many identical guns. He sent me electronic payment to cover my listing fees and I moved on and relisted the gun. One out of hundreds is pretty good odds. I will keep trading there.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Shill Bidding on GunProker - 04/09/21
For shill bidding, go to ebay tools.

There must be some way to retract a bid, because most of the time when I win, it was my max bid.
Originally Posted by MedRiver
I have had hundreds of GB deals (buying and selling). Have only had one "bad" buyer and that was last week. Failed to pay after several attempts to contact so I started a credit request through the GB system which sends an email to the buyer threatening to cancel their account. Immediately the guy texts me and gives me a song and dance about winning too many identical guns. He sent me electronic payment to cover my listing fees and I moved on and relisted the gun. One out of hundreds is pretty good odds. I will keep trading there.

Of course you will. You're getting more money for your guns there. Duh.
© 24hourcampfire