Home
Somehow I don't think this is going to work. A school in England has eliminated recesses and...well, you'll just have to read it.

In an effort to eliminate bullying, a school in England has replaced breaktime playground games with poetry recitations, choir and quizzes. Said Charlotte Whelan, the Hackney New School head teacher (the British equivalent of a principal): “A school without bullying sounds like a utopia, but it is achievable.”

Whether or not reciting Percy Shelley during recess is your idea of utopia, a BBC piece on the school quotes Whelan saying: “It’s long been my belief that we could be doing more for pupils while they are on their breaks. So often you see them aimlessly wandering the playground. We want every second at school to count.”

I’m sure the kids are counting the seconds, too.

Clearly, Whelan is of the belief that kids’ brains shut down the moment they are not engaged in something officially academic. Now the students, aged 11-16, practice sonnets by bards of yore and recite them in the lunch line — or even while eating. For even more fun, Whelan said, they “quiz each other on capital cities.”

Woo-hoo!

The issue here is not just the Dolores Umbridge nature of the administration. It’s the inability of that administration to believe that kids could possibly be learning anything — or not bullying — when they are allowed to goof around. The “teachable moment” notion of child development is so thick here that kids are not allowed to “waste” their time even in between bites.

This notion is wrong. “When they are free to play in their own ways, children practice the most important skills required to move toward adulthood — how to take initiative, make their own decisions, solve their own problems, negotiate with peers and, yes, how to deal with others who aren’t always nice,” says Boston College psychology professor Peter Gray, one of the co-founders of Let Grow with me. “When we prevent them from such opportunities by taking continuous control of their lives, we prevent them from growing up.”

Prevent away! That seems to be the philosophy of those who believe the only way to end bullying is to end any freedom the students enjoyed. Linda James, founder of a nonprofit called Bullies Out, notes in the BBC piece, “Unstructured games can sometimes lead to nasty comments, aggressive behavior or children feeling left out.”

She’s right: some sad feelings — and betrayals and loneliness — are inevitable in childhood (and adulthood!). Talk about your teachable moments! Not that anyone wants kids facing constant cruelty. But learning how to deal with some playground frustration is actually a big life skill it behooves kids to learn.

I doubt it will come as a surprise that another expert quoted in the piece said it is important for schools to create safe spaces, where kids “feel supported and included.”

In other words: Kids will fall behind and hurt one another the second they get the chance, so the only option is to micromanage every interaction — and throw in some sonnets.
The Marshmallow Generation is blooming?
I am 58 years old and many years since my last recess but I remember recess is where kids learn to deal with bullies on their own terms.
Bullies these days are not mostly the kid that walks up and slams you in the back of your head. They are kids that pound on other kids on social media.
Banning recess is just another example of how they punish everyone for the bad behavior of a few they cant or wont deal with.
The treatment for bullying is for the little kids to take karate so that they can fight back.
Of course this never occurs to Libs because they abhor violence.
Poor little buttercups.
Getting your azz whipped or giving out a azz whipping is part of growing the fugg up.

Probably half the males in this country across all age groups aint never had 1 good punch in the face or dealt one out in their life.
You can’t kids stronger by making them pussies.

#kobrakai
Posted By: GRF Re: How to combat school bullying - 04/09/21
My son was bullied in grade 4? 5?

We tried all the school bullshut none of it worked. Taught my son how to punch and a few basic throws. Told him never to start the fight but if he was in one to finish it. The bullying began one day after recess my son from I what I can gather threw / tossed one of the bullies against a wall where he fell onto a boot rack and began to cry.

My son was sent to the office. As per previous instruction from myself and my wife he refused to talk to school admin until a parent was there. The VP was pissed as they could have handled it, my wife said no you couldn’t because you have not been to able to handle it so far. My wife also informed the VP that our son was to face no consequences for his actions and if the school had any issues with how our son handled himself they were with my wife and I.

Bullying ended there and then. No consequence for our son.

Bullying ended the way it always does, stand up to the bully, if you can’t beat him at least be an “expensive meal”.

All this liberal bs does not work.

Rant off.
My little girl was being pushed and pinched by another little girl in elementary school and was telling her Mom about it in my hearing. Mom was telling to report it to the teacher. I broke in and told her to grab that kid throw her down and give that brat her money's worth. Mom says "no don't tell her that, she can't be fighting, she'll get suspended". I told her maybe so, and told my daughter if she got suspended I would take off those days and we would do whatever she wanted. Problem was solved the next day and she didn't get suspended or bothered again. I think the teacher was glad to see it.
Stopping recess, not going to matter. On the bus, before school, after school, work on the problem not try to avoid it.
It's Lyle Alzado vs. Ringo Star, and it's always gonna be. Poetry isn't going to change that.

If you don't get the reference, watch the movie "Caveman". If for no other reason, Barbara Bach in a fuzzy bikini is worth it.
Way back in Jr high, I was 6'1" and very skinny. A wannabe bully decided he wanted to fight me but he wasn't very convincing. He just talked and made a fool of himself. I just ignored him. Our school bus route took us way out in the country, miles from any buildings. One day on the way home, someone on the bus told him that if he'd get off at a certain place, I'd fight him there. I knew nothing about it. He jumped up and told the driver to let him off there. We watched out the windows as he threw his books on the ground and started flexing his muscles...and watching the bus drive away leaving him with at least 5 miles to walk.
My technique was suggested by my older cousins.

They told me if I punched the first bully that laid a hand on me in the face I'd be left alone.

That worked great in elementary. I only needed to punch Jimmy Hoffa once in second grade. Real name of a real kid, not the mobster, of course.

In secondary it took a little more work but overall it worked there too.

By high school it was clear sailing.
School as we have all known it is going to go away.

I think it was going to happen regardless, but 2020 really accelerated it.
Rock Chuck,

They did away with recess ten years ago around here.
They treat children like school is a full time job allowing a 20 minute lunch break and no play.
The schools have a lousy way of motivating and making sure that children have a quality education in spite of some very good teachers.
Even while serving in the schools in my state, I always recommended home schooling to parents.

Bullying has always been a problem, and is occasionally fatal. Both boys and girls have their challenges. I was beat up and bloodied in the first grade by a forth grader. That's how early it can start.
That big fat gal didn't let up until I hit back. LOL!

By the time they get into high school fights, weapons are common and man sized athletes applying for scholarships with major universities. Things can get dangerous at that age and often are.
Children come in contact with all kinds from all backgrounds.

The best parents can do, in a nutshell, is....

1. Stay involved as possible in their children's lives and require the same. This doesn't happen by accident. The government makes lousy parents. Don't turn your children over to them to raise. Don't place your children into situations that they are not equipped to handle.

2. Limit time on the internet and make sure that it is supervised. No social media accounts allowed.
If they want to socialize, give them opportunities to get together with friends. Only approved friends from decent families should be allowed. Controlling?
YES! It's called parenting.

3. Get your children enrolled in martial arts.
Most schools are poorly run IMHO. Many of the teachers indoctrinate the children in eastern religions of no value. Many are ground fighting or sport oriented as well. This may work well for one on one encounters and the sport, but are often not street based practical. If ground fighting skills and sports related competition are desired, by all means go for it. Keep in mind if you want it to be useful against bullies, it can be a limiting factor when multiple opponents and weapons are involved.
It's hard to find a good teacher, so shop around and consider family lessons for a trial period. It can become a great friend and family fitness program for life.
Posted By: 673 Re: How to combat school bullying - 04/09/21
When we were kids growing up, when bullied, our Mom and Dad would have us go and pound them, lol, especially Mom.
I remember my Brother getting tuned by a couple kids and my Mom taking him to school the next day and told him to go and kick their azz, he did. I remember her saying...don't come home beat up again. I never disappointed Mom, I knew we were going if I did.

I haven't changed abit, I consider People who try to bully me as an opportunity, lol.

There was this kid in school, maybe 15yrs, he would go up to timid type kids and spit in their faces, he always had his thugs with him. One day he spit in this kids face....this kid grabbed him and fed him until he went down balling his eyes out in front of everyone, one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
When they figure out you will fight, they leave you alone.
We had a couple bullies in high school that I stayed very clear of. One was an all-state offensive guard, well over 200 lb and very strong. The other was a thug but equally strong. They were way out of my league for fighting back.
the last guy that bullied me I tried to drive my fist through his head.. and almost did.. he left school screaming and I never saw him again.. I thought I had killed him but someone said he changed schools.. he was Bare footed when the fight started and went home barefooted.. I guess his sister took his shoes home..that was the last fight I had in school.. we were not punished for fighting back then win or lose,,

Son was bullied by just one guy in high school. The bully was a wannabe thug, a couple years older and larger than the rest of the boys in his grade. He'd already been kicked out of a couple of other schools and had a juvenile police record for assaulting someone with a knife once, too.

Afraid of getting suspended if he tried to stand up to bully, son tried talking with school counselors but they were no help whatsoever with one actually admitting that they were afraid of the bully as well.

The bullying ended abruptly right after the bully happened to be in the gym locker room and saw my son arm wrestling with friends of his who played on school football team and none of them could put son's arm down.

Bully wanted to be son's friend from then on.
Schools don't stop bullying. Most teachers were bullies themselves.
Meet me at the bike racks, that’s what we used to say.
School is where I learned a little kid like me could kick a big kids azz and hurt him real good.
Also figured out if you hurt them good enough, retaliation wasn't a concern.
When I was a kid, the teacher was a bully.

But once the PE teacher, Mr. Curry, took on a little guy, Sam Hyde, that gave Mr. Curry a black eye.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The treatment for bullying is for the little kids to take karate so that they can fight back.
Of course this never occurs to Libs because they abhor violence.

karate is worthless in a fight , especially as a kid

All of our Dad's taught us to box when we were kids. My Dad bought a heavy bag and speed bag. He just said punch as hard as you can in the nose hopefully head on and keep punching if he falls down on the ground. Punching in the nuts was encouraged. My sister was taught the same. If you get days off he would supports us.Pretty much the norm. Schit got settled quick and moved on. If you got beat up the important thing was you stood up. No social media back then though

And Wrestling was the best thing learn growing up, None of the bullies would pick on you if you knew how to wrestle. But wrestling is too much work now and scarey .

Easier to go cry to your parents and be a weak victim
I grew up on "The Nation" west of Tucson. Very few white kids in school. Fought a different kid every recess. Sometimes two at lunch break.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Schools don't stop bullying. Most teachers were bullies themselves.

In the 60's and 70's a lot of the male teachers were combat vets from Korea and Vietnam. Funny they didn't take any schit from the male bully students. The bullies knew that and tended to leave them alone.
Grandsons and other kids in the neighborhood were being bullied by an older kid. Daughter started working through the school. I ponied up the tuition and enrolled the boys in Tae Kwon Do. Bullying quickly stopped.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We had a couple bullies in high school that I stayed very clear of. One was an all-state offensive guard, well over 200 lb and very strong. The other was a thug but equally strong. They were way out of my league for fighting back.

Bullies only pick on people who they think won't fight back. I don't care how big and tough they are if you give them a bloody nose in front of others they will find somebody else to bully.
Sometimes a very small kid has no chance in a physical battle with a much larger/older bully.

I did the punch him in the nose as hard as I could, and the big lummox just laughed. The beating I took was no worse, but they didn’t stop either. School admin was no fuuking help, the bullies doubled their attacks. Enough so that I walked a mile and a half out of my way to avoid the azzholes.
The only thing that worked, was my dad took me to work with him on weekends when he had side jobs rehabbing and flipping FHA homes and small commercial jobs or home remodels/additions.
I went from about 85lbs to 120lbs of work hardened muscle in two summers.
The first day of school one of the many bullies looking to establish his spot in the pecking order, wound up bruised and bleeding from both ears. The crowd pulled me off him as I wasn’t looking to see that he was unconscious.
Miraculously the bullying stopped. Amazing.

LOL, don't raise sissies, only trouble i got into in school short of throwing a smart assed agri teacher down the bleachers was picking on bullies, didn't like either then, and still dont.

Fu-king with someone just because you can is not a good reason.
teach your kids to fight. That solves most bullying situations
"We tried all the school bullshut none of it worked. Taught my son how to punch and a few basic throws. Told him never to start the fight but if he was in one to finish it. The bullying began one day after recess my son from I what I can gather threw / tossed one of the bullies against a wall where he fell onto a boot rack and began to cry.

Bullying ended there and then. No consequence for our son.

Bullying ended the way it always does, stand up to the bully, if you can’t beat him at least be an “expensive meal”.

All this liberal bs does not work."

That says it all, grf. The little kid has to fight back. Bullies want to see that fear in the little kid's eyes, they want him to run away scared. If the bully knows he might get hit he will go looking for another victim.
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I am 58 years old and many years since my last recess but I remember recess is where kids learn to deal with bullies on their own terms.
Bullies these days are not mostly the kid that walks up and slams you in the back of your head. They are kids that pound on other kids on social media.
Banning recess is just another example of how they punish everyone for the bad behavior of a few they cant or wont deal with.

Bullying isn't anything new, but we have to be a more sensitive society.

It is funny how we are told to embrace the Muslims because you can't judge them by the actions of a few lunatics, but we need to ban firearms because of the actions of a few lunatics.
When I was in elementary school back in the 1960s, recess (which was outside unless it was raining) was like The Lord of the Flies, LOL. If you were a fight fan, you usually had several choices to spectate, and teachers supposedly supervising recess couldn't care less. In defense, though, most of these fights were mostly friendly, mostly.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Interesting perspectives here.

For frame of reference I’m in my early 40s. I was picked on a lot in school. I moved from a small rural school where I went to school with kids whose parents went to school with my parents. Families went back several generations in that area minimum. In middle school I moved to a different state. More suburban environment. Turned me into a very introverted kid, I read a lot and spent a lot of time in the woods by myself or with one or 2 of my very few friends. I was in the gifted program and spent a fair bit of time in classes with upper classmen. The “bullying” wasn’t physical. That’s easily handled enough. Say what you want, but cruelty from your peers and the opposite sex even when only in the form of mockery and teasing when your a kid is a tough thing to deal with. I wish it were as simple as someone trying to fight me. Wasn’t until my sophomore year I started working on a ranch out in MT that I finally said fugk it. I don’t care about school or the shidthole state I was in. I was trying to hold myself to impossible standards that no one else seemed to care about.

I had good teachers along the way for SURE! But I also had a lot of bad ones who cared more about the athletes or pretty people and not only was their scholarly instruction sorely lacking, the leadership they should have provided was totally absent.

Yes, I grabbed a guy by the throat and slammed the back of his head against a locker sir saying unkind things about my sister when I was a senior. Big deal. That was a very simple (and extremely gratifying) situation.

As a Dad (the highest calling ANY man can have) I told my kids I have their back in any situation, and not to tolerate any cruelty from classmates. Rise above it, but if it comes to blows don’t stop until someone pulls you off. But being picked on and made to feel like crap is not an easy situation to fix unless you homeschool.
Bullies are easy targets and not hard to outsmart.

Two events from younger years: Buddy in Jr High had a cast on his broken right arm. Punk decides it’s time to beat him but wound up with a broken jaw. Chin meet cast. The other was a gang melee that came to a peaceful conclusion when a good guy on the gym roof dropped a cinder block on one of the bad guys that was gonna “keel” me. Hard to do when one’s shoulder is shattered.
They should gather up homeschool kids and make them fight like gladiators once a year. Get their deserved societal come-uppins.
My older brother had a birth defect that left him missing half of one leg. They had him fitted with a prosthesis as soon as he was old enough to start walking. When he was about 7 or 8, he need surgery and was on crutches for a few weeks. The neighbor kid was a bully and kept trying to knock him off the crutches. After a few times of that, my brother took a crutch and cold conked the kid. Out cold. No more of that crap.

In later years, we would have neighborhood football games. My brother was on the small side so he didn't try to tackle anyone. He'd stick out that damned leg and trip you. It was like getting hit in the shins with a baseball bat. MAN that hurt.
Anytime someone mentions the word bully it reminds me of Elmer Kieths book “Hell, I was there”. The story about the bully in the book was very entertaining. I’ve retold the story many times. The book should be required reading.
Originally Posted by 222ND
Anytime someone mentions the word bully it reminds me of Elmer Kieths book “Hell, I was there”. The story about the bully in the book was very entertaining. I’ve retold the story many times. The book should be required reading.

Let's hear the short version. I haven't read that book.
Bullying during recess? Why isn't a teacher monitoring the playground then?
Somehow I don't think this is going to work. A school in England has eliminated recesses and...well, you'll just have to read it.

In an effort to eliminate bullying, a school in England has replaced breaktime playground games with poetry recitations, choir and quizzes. Said Charlotte Whelan, the Hackney New School head teacher (the British equivalent of a principal): “A school without bullying sounds like a utopia, but it is achievable.”

Whether or not reciting Percy Shelley during recess is your idea of utopia, a BBC piece on the school quotes Whelan saying: “It’s long been my belief that we could be doing more for pupils while they are on their breaks. So often you see them aimlessly wandering the playground. We want every second at school to count.”

I’m sure the kids are counting the seconds, too.

Clearly, Whelan is of the belief that kids’ brains shut down the moment they are not engaged in something officially academic. Now the students, aged 11-16, practice sonnets by bards of yore and recite them in the lunch line — or even while eating. For even more fun, Whelan said, they “quiz each other on capital cities.”

Woo-hoo!

The issue here is not just the Dolores Umbridge nature of the administration. It’s the inability of that administration to believe that kids could possibly be learning anything — or not bullying — when they are allowed to goof around. The “teachable moment” notion of child development is so thick here that kids are not allowed to “waste” their time even in between bites.

This notion is wrong. “When they are free to play in their own ways, children practice the most important skills required to move toward adulthood — how to take initiative, make their own decisions, solve their own problems, negotiate with peers and, yes, how to deal with others who aren’t always nice,” says Boston College psychology professor Peter Gray, one of the co-founders of Let Grow with me. “When we prevent them from such opportunities by taking continuous control of their lives, we prevent them from growing up.”

Prevent away! That seems to be the philosophy of those who believe the only way to end bullying is to end any freedom the students enjoyed. Linda James, founder of a nonprofit called Bullies Out, notes in the BBC piece, “Unstructured games can sometimes lead to nasty comments, aggressive behavior or children feeling left out.”

She’s right: some sad feelings — and betrayals and loneliness — are inevitable in childhood (and adulthood!). Talk about your teachable moments! Not that anyone wants kids facing constant cruelty. But learning how to deal with some playground frustration is actually a big life skill it behooves kids to learn.

I doubt it will come as a surprise that another expert quoted in the piece said it is important for schools to create safe spaces, where kids “feel supported and included.”

In other words: Kids will fall behind and hurt one another the second they get the chance, so the only option is to micromanage every interaction — and throw in some sonnets.

That Hackney New School sounds just horrible, what I imagine the world would look like if Julie Andrews (back in her day) would look like. That lady always did make my skin crawl.

I’m pretty sure in Hell they play the “Sound of Music” non-stop.

Maybe I have issues.
This falls within the same problem they have of trying to make boys more like girls - sit quiet, pay attention in class, study hard.

Boys are not girls, and a lot of the problem with the school environment is that they don't have many opportunities to burn off their masculine energy.

Taking away recess is NOT going to help that.

And, I agree. The best way to deal with a bully is to fight back. You might not win, but you'll get respect.
When my with and I got married the had a son that was 4 years old. When he started to go to kindergarten he would walk the the neighbor kid. My wife noticed bruising on his shins. So the next day when school got out she walked down to where she saw the neighbor kid kicking Jim’s shins. She told me about it when I got home from work. I went up stairs and ask Jim about it. I told him the next time that happens, punch Ben right square in his nose, not his chest, or his arm, hard right in his nose. NEVER HAPPENED AGAIN!.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Keith family moved to western MT from Missouri. Boys were about 8 and 11 years old. Bully picked up younger one by his ears. Older one see’s what’s going on and try’s to help. They both get beat up. They go home and dad tells them if they don’t beat up bully within a week he will tan their hides. They pattern bully and lay for him. Priest happens to come by when the beating is taking place. Priest pulls Keith kids off bully and probably saves his life. Bully gets better after extended absence from school. Bully tells all new kids that come to school, that you can pick on anyone you want to around here, but stay away from those Missouri kids cause they’ll just kill you. I forgot to mention, the weapon the Keith boys decided on was some wagon spokes they got from the local blacksmith. I’m not much on typing so I hope you enjoy the story.
Bring back the fist fight and stop protecting bullies.

Easy.
3rd grade. New school. Me being short and w crooked eye

Some jackass decides to mouth off. Kinda got pushy too.

So i ran him into the corner of the room and grabbed Mrs Black's oak chair....and was gonna crash it over his head.

But she walked in and yelled my full name so I put the brakes on mid swing.

Hauled me to the hall and gave me a paddlin, after the rest of the class came in.

Proly could feel the heat off my face for 20 ft. Man was I pissed.

No problems after that really. Next bastard I wasnt gonna stop teachin a lesson too.
I wasnt popular, wasnt unpopular. Didnt give a chit, made good grades....and got along fine w the diff types....preps, nerds, jocks, stoners.

Just be cool and most folks will leave ya alone.

Cept the groids. They are just trouble.

Had one of them fugg w me in HS. Til i slapped his head off the desk and took his knife.
English bullies are not like those found in the US. One of my students went to an English school during his 11th grade year while his father was on sabbatical. A British Bully caught up with him and broke his arms and legs and the kid had to spend 4 months in a hospital. The Bully picked him up and through him down a double set of stairs. It is more allowed there. They would go to jail in the present time in an American Public school.

We used to have more bullies and more people eating crow in the old days. We are pretty soft as a nation now. Girls are much more aggressive in their fights now than what they used to be. Girls generally want to leave a permanent mark and understand the consequences so when they go they go for real.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Keith family moved to western MT from Missouri. Boys were about 8 and 11 years old. Bully picked up younger one by his ears. Older one see’s what’s going on and try’s to help. They both get beat up. They go home and dad tells them if they don’t beat up bully within a week he will tan their hides. They pattern bully and lay for him. Priest happens to come by when the beating is taking place. Priest pulls Keith kids off bully and probably saves his life. Bully gets better after extended absence from school. Bully tells all new kids that come to school, that you can pick on anyone you want to around here, but stay away from those Missouri kids cause they’ll just kill you. I forgot to mention, the weapon the Keith boys decided on was some wagon spokes they got from the local blacksmith. I’m not much on typing so I hope you enjoy the story.

Yes, that was good.
My daughter w health problems got bullied. Til her older sister beat the chit out of the bully. Admins and others never said a word.

And no more bullying of her little sis.
My midle kid about 5' 9"....

Proly brought the heat from the back room on that one.
Proly was a 2 punch deal.

But it worked
Posted By: BLG Re: How to combat school bullying - 04/09/21
Told my boys early on I would kick their ass harder than any kid ever could if I found out the picked on or bullied a kid. Never had to worry as both were very well liked brother's keeper types. They were atheletes in school, but got along with the nerds too.

I let them know it was ok to lose a fight if you are standing up for what is right. Just make the other guy second guess his choice. I don't think either of them fought more than twice each thru school.

Clyde
Oldest kid said HS sucked. Groids and other girls were horrible. No fights. Never complained either.

Just said F em.

Being taller I think helps avoid getting picked on.
Originally Posted by BLG
Told my boys early on I would kick their ass harder than any kid ever could if I found out the picked on or bullied a kid. Never had to worry as both were very well liked brother's keeper types. They were atheletes in school, but got along with the nerds too.

I let them know it was ok to lose a fight if you are standing up for what is right. Just make the other guy second guess his choice. I don't think either of them fought more than twice each thru school.

Clyde

Yup, if they know you aint gonna take it theyll go someplace else without risk.

Kids remember who isnt a pushover.

Also remember who is cool. Word gets around who should be left alone. At least within a school.
Had a bully that decided I was going to be his target in high school. I was student teaching wood shop and he was in the class. The teacher saw it and punished him a few time witch just made him madder.
The last time he bullied me he came up behind me and hit Me in the ribs as I was ripping a board on the table saw. I turned and hit him right beside the head with the 1x2 about 2 foot long that I was using as a push stick! When he hit the floor I kicked him in the ribs 3-4 times! Funny part is in a class of 24 kids not one saw a thing! Teacher did see it but asked and I told him what happen. Never was punished but years after school the teacher told me he saw and understand what happened and wished he could have did it.
My oldest son has never really been in a fight that I'm aware of. He mentioned his fraternity had some differences with others, but never said anything about fighting. My youngest son has only been in 2 fights and both were against bullies. The neighborhood bullies mom called the Sheriff's office. And when he hurt a school bully really bad the principle had to call the Sheriff's office. Both ended up being real sheit shows and we got sued for the second one. Teaching your kid how to fight and telling him to never let up till the ahole quits moving might not be such good advice.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Getting your azz whipped or giving out a azz whipping is part of growing the fugg up.

Probably half the males in this country across all age groups aint never had 1 good punch in the face or dealt one out in their life.

Part of growing up I always figured. They're turning young men into effeminate weirdos.
There is bully like show 'em who is boss, and there is bully, like pointless injury.

I know a lot of guys permanently angry by being injured by a strange male of another race.

My trouble was with a pit bull when I was 14. There is nothing you could say to change my mind about pit bulls.

Once a cat jumps on a hot stove, it never jumps on any stove ever again.
when my oldest son was 15 he had a guy in school bullying him, he lived with my first wife. we were fishing down the island and he asked me what to do, I told him to catch him between classes come up behind and hit him as hard as he could, and knock him down and kick him till he stoped moving. A week later my ex called and asked if I told him that, I said yeah, she said it worked but he got arrested and the other kid got hauled off in an amberlamps. he had to spend the rest of the semester in, in-school suspension. she thanked me, no one ever messed with him again after that.
Coming from a family of 9 Bullying was not a problem.
When I was in 5th grade a Jr high kid used to sit across from me at the lunch table and take what he wanted off of my tray. One day I had my fill of it,when I saw his dick beater headed toward my tray I stuck my fork in his hand as hard and deep as I could and gave it a twist. No more problems after that.
How to stop bullying in 3 easy steps: 1. Never bow down, give in or be a victim or easy target. When outnumbered or outmatched, accept that getting hurt is inevitable. 2. Fight back with everything you've got, every single time. Make the bullies earn their win. If you don't it will never end. 3. When fighting back against bullies, nothing is off-limits. Bullies by nature are cowards and don't pick fair fights or those they might lose. Pro tip: once the bullies understand a price will be paid every single time they come after you, they'll seek other, easier targets. That is exactly the time to turn the game around and to start hunting and hurting those who started the game. Be relentless, be merciless. Never lose sight of what they used to do when they had the advantage. Moving into a white, Irish neighborhood as new kids is tough enough. Make those kids Asian looking and unwilling to ever surrender or capitulate in any shape or form, well, there's gonna' be conflicts. It took maybe 6 months of brawling literally every day, often more than once a day, but ultimately some of the worst of the bullies would be seen helping those kids' mother carrying groceries home for her. Sometimes, the only solution to having a cigarette put out on your face is a can of Coke filled with gasoline and a pocketful of strike anywhere matches...
My older brother had a birth defect that left him missing half of one leg. They had him fitted with a prosthesis as soon as he was old enough to start walking. When he was about 7 or 8, he need surgery and was on crutches for a few weeks. The neighbor kid was a bully and kept trying to knock him off the crutches. After a few times of that, my brother took a crutch and cold conked the kid. Out cold. No more of that crap.

In later years, we would have neighborhood football games. My brother was on the small side so he didn't try to tackle anyone. He'd stick out that damned leg and trip you. It was like getting hit in the shins with a baseball bat. MAN that hurt.

I think it was 1954 when we were in forth graide and I had a friend with polio. He used crutches to get around. One day a guy mistakenly tried to bully him. As cool as a cucomber he jerked the crutch out from under his arm and planted the front part of the uncushioned part solidly under the guys chin. It was a beautiful thing to see.
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
How to stop bullying in 3 easy steps: 1. Never bow down, give in or be a victim or easy target. When outnumbered or outmatched, accept that getting hurt is inevitable. 2. Fight back with everything you've got, every single time. Make the bullies earn their win. If you don't it will never end. 3. When fighting back against bullies, nothing is off-limits. Bullies by nature are cowards and don't pick fair fights or those they might lose. Pro tip: once the bullies understand a price will be paid every single time they come after you, they'll seek other, easier targets. That is exactly the time to turn the game around and to start hunting and hurting those who started the game. Be relentless, be merciless. Never lose sight of what they used to do when they had the advantage. Moving into a white, Irish neighborhood as new kids is tough enough. Make those kids Asian looking and unwilling to ever surrender or capitulate in any shape or form, well, there's gonna' be conflicts. It took maybe 6 months of brawling literally every day, often more than once a day, but ultimately some of the worst of the bullies would be seen helping those kids' mother carrying groceries home for her. Sometimes, the only solution to having a cigarette put out on your face is a can of Coke filled with gasoline and a pocketful of strike anywhere matches...

👍👍

Went from 98% white grammar school to 50% black junior high. Was attacked or threatened 3-4 times a week by racist black bullies. Learned to fight back. Then when MLK was murdered there were hundreds of bigger blacks on school grounds. I saw a white guy with a 5 dollar bill get jumped, beaten an robbed by 3-4 black kids. I had 30-40 blacks attack me, but fortunately I was running and didn’t stop. They pursued until a male teacher stopped them. Went home. Found out later that one of the blacks I knew told people that I said I was happy MLK died. He lied.

As others have said, teachers are often bullies themselves.
And as there is a caste system and cliques among the kids,
It also exists in teachers perception of the kids.

Many hours are wasted teaching bullying prevention,
But the teachers don't GAF.

They just dont care,
don't want a confrontation with a difficult student,
won't go against the teachers kid, athlete, rich kid.....
but I'm aware of a lot of it going on. Right in front
of teachers, with no interruption.

Most of what happens is not physical,
And social media is the worst thing to happen to kids today.
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Went from 98% white grammar school to 50% black junior high. Was attacked or threatened 3-4 times a week by racist black bullies. Learned to fight back. Then when MLK was murdered there were hundreds of bigger blacks on school grounds. I saw a white guy with a 5 dollar bill get jumped, beaten an robbed by 3-4 black kids. I had 30-40 blacks attack me, but fortunately I was running and didn’t stop. They pursued until a male teacher stopped them. Went home. Found out later that one of the blacks I knew told people that I said I was happy MLK died. He lied.

Our high school was mostly white so the government decided to start busing negros. They called it desegregation or race - integration. All I know is we didn't want them there and they didn't want to be there, and it damn sure didn't work out. Black kids don't rob people negros do.
when your young you need to learn how to fight and protect yourself and your siblings , matter a fact wife and i stayed at a ruff motel a few days ago and i made sure these thugs knew i had a gun loaded. my dad was a Golden glove boxer so he taught me how to fight with my hands. kids in my grade left me alone and i did have to protect some smaller friends and brother from bullies. my grandson has had some bullying problems so grandpa is trying to teach him how to end these problems and not be a bully.
When I was in school some teachers had a paddle on the black board ( some with holes drilled smile...there were many instances of corporal whacking going on and even closed and open hand whacking...

If I went home and was about to complain my Dad cuffed me and THEN ASKED ME WHAT HAPPENED...the teacher was always right, even though this wasn't always the case....

BTW, back then, the cure for bullying was a left hook!...
© 24hourcampfire