Home
A different gun shop than I normally go to wanted to take my name to buy a box of CCI Blazer aluminum case 240 gr jhp .44 mag ammunition today. I said why? He says, so we know you're 21. I say, I'll show you my ID to prove I'm 21. No, we need your name. I said, what does my name have to do with me being 21? Lol.

I told him they could keep that aluminum case ammo.

Some of the gun stores are helping to push this government overreach schit. It's obviously better for them if every single firearm purchase has to come through them. But, it's completely annoying.
The right answer to that clown is, "You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Go get the manager." Bet you would have walked out with the ammo and left no name.
You need to out these traitors. At least for the local folks.

If they are under no Federal or State laws to take your name then they are the problem.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
A different gun shop than I normally go to wanted to take my name to buy a box of CCI Blazer aluminum case 240 gr jhp .44 mag ammunition today. I said why? He says, so we know you're 21. I say, I'll show you my ID to prove I'm 21. No, we need your name. I said, what does my name have to do with me being 21? Lol.

Some of the gun stores are helping to push this government overreach schit. It's obviously better for them if every single firearm purchase has to come through them. But, it's completely annoying.

Sounds like something Walmart would do.
Originally Posted by FatCity67

If they are under no Federal or State laws to take your name then they are the problem.

This is true. Put the name of the store up here where can start a list to boycott. Send a copy of the list to the store along with a shot of the Campfire member numbers.

They really don't like that kind of attention.
Should have told him your name was Buster Cherry.
Heywood Jablome

Kraven Morehead

Philmore Creviss
That cracked me up, Dude, and I am in a grouchy mood!
some years back, the local WalMart started demanding you show ID to buy ammo. To make sure the buyer was over 21. I was past 70 then, and looked like 40 miles of bad road. I just refused and shopped elsewhere.
I think I'd have accused him of being a queer and wanting the names of all the men that came into the store.
Which shop?
crazy my name is FU Badly! ; ]
Originally Posted by Remington6MM

This is true. Put the name of the store up here where can start a list to boycott. Send a copy of the list to the store along with a shot of the Campfire member numbers.

Weston Arms. Davie, FL.
Yuma AZ Home Depot once asked me to show ID to buy a can of spray paint. Being a certified geezer of 70+ years, I gladly dug it out. Lady who asked to see it was about the same age, we both got a chuckle out of it. I almost said "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" but thought better of it. grin
Originally Posted by deflave
Which shop?

Weston Arms. (Alfie's).
Back when I was a teenager, all ammo purchases had to be logged in to a book at the gun store. I believe it was federal law at the time.

I don't recall exactly when it was stopped, but it used to be the law. That was in the 1970s.
Originally Posted by jnyork
Yuma AZ Home Depot once asked me to show ID to buy a can of spray paint. Being a certified geezer of 70+ years, I gladly dug it out. Lady who asked to see it was about the same age, we both got a chuckle out of it. I almost said "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" but thought better of it. grin

My brother just told me he had to let them scan his driver's license to rent a snake at Home Depot the other day. The lady told him they could get everything off of that.

Everything? Hmmm.
Phil McKraken.
A different gun shop than I normally go to wanted to take my name to buy a box of CCI Blazer aluminum case 240 gr jhp .44 mag ammunition today. I said why? He says, so we know you're 21. I say, I'll show you my ID to prove I'm 21. No, we need your name.

No way they could possibly get your name if you showed them your ID. smirk
I guess that I am just too dumb to understand how your name alone could prove that you are over 21.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
The right answer to that clown is, "You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Go get the manager." Bet you would have walked out with the ammo and left no name.

It was probably the manager that told his employees to operate this way. Gunshops like that won't get my money.. They can FU CK off... I would have told them to keep their ammo.
Give em a fake name? Like going to a party and telling everyone a different name that you meet and leave before they connect the dots.

I totally agree.

Yep, next time localdirt needs to ask for their names and phone numbers and post them here. We could call them and have a talk to them...
Originally Posted by deltakid
I guess that I am just too dumb to understand how your name alone could prove that you are over 21.

That was my reason for the joke / challenge to him.

Weston Arms. Davie, FL.

I might just give them a call.. I don't hold back. In person or on the phone.. If they are a stupid mother fugger, you call it a stupid mother fugger. Like a skunk is a skunk.. No denying some people are a waste of air..
There's a lot of money in selling mailing lists. I'd bet that your name would go on a list and be offered for sale. Then you'd be overrun with junk mail.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

It was probably the manager that told his employees to operate this way. Gunshops like that won't get my money.. They can FU CK off... I would have told them to keep their ammo.

I did.
Phil McGroin

I did.

You are a good man ld.

I did.

You are a good man ld.

Good reason not to buy that aluminum case schit, anyway. There's another small shop over on 441 just barely into Ft Laud that has brass cased stuff from a small company in Colorado.

Little expensive, but I'd rather have that.
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Phil McGroin

And his brothers Pat and Holden
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Back when I was a teenager, all ammo purchases had to be logged in to a book at the gun store. I believe it was federal law at the time.

I don't recall exactly when it was stopped, but it used to be the law. That was in the 1970s.

Yup, I remember Pops having to buy my ammunition. 1968 GCA. Fully rescinded in 1986. We've been spoiled with that Freedom for 34years at least at the Federal level.
Which shop?

Weston Arms. (Alfie's).

Thanks.
Which shop?

Weston Arms. (Alfie's).

Thanks.

You got it, buddy. Hope everything's kooool.

Last week I went into local gun store where I have bought reloading stuff for 20 years , picked up 2 boxes of 87 gr. 6 mm, went to pay for them and they said they needed a picture I.D. before they could sell them, I told the owner, stick them where the sun don't shine, and drove about 2 miles to another gun shop and bought them, no question's asked, Rio7
Originally Posted by gregintenn

JIM CROW would be better
Next time tell him,

My name is Theo Gallus, I'm a retarded liberal.

Then use them for a nefarious purpose.
When asked, I always told em I was gonna shoot it in a machine gun. (Regardless of cartridge)
Tell them Lawrence Root, Pindale, WY
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
When asked, I always told em I was gonna shoot it in a machine gun. (Regardless of cartridge)

Haha. Good one, K_Dub!

Me <Likey>.

Couldn't have been a federal law. In Indiana, I never had to show ID to buy ammo in the 70's.
Originally Posted by Cretch

Couldn't have been a federal law. In Indiana, I never had to show ID to buy ammo in the 70's.

I never had to show my ID because they knew I was underage and sold it to me anyway. Now they ask to see it.
Originally Posted by gregintenn

or Haywood Jablowme
Don't like it, simple solution, shop elsewhere. But no that's no fun, rather come here and b itch about it. Three pages and counting !
Howie Feltersnatch

Wilma Fingerdoo
I
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Don't like it, simple solution, shop elsewhere. But no that's no fun, rather come here and b itch about it. Three pages and counting !

Dam man , wish an old friend of mine was still alive . I would hook you up with some pussy .
Sounds like you could use a dab .
Kenneth
...rather come here and b itch about it!

Sez da queen beo'itch...
i think i would politely tell them no and that they will never get another dime of my business. maybe even let them know you will let your gun loving buddies know as well. this type of thing has got to stop.
Just dumb smuck thinks he’s going to be critical in solving the next shooting or hoping the feds will look at him as really trying to do the right thing and leave him alone .
You know the upity ass type gun owners that agree with bans so they’ll leave their shotguns and deer rifles along .
Kenneth

Mmm , maybe I need some pussy
They probably think with the ammo shortage they hold the high card and can demand things outside the law.

Think I would contact the owner, see what his or her reasoning is, and explain as others have said that they won't get my business and that you will spread the word to your shooting buddies.

Curious if it was a chain store or single owner establishment.
I'll take things that never happened for $800.00, Alex.
The gun shops that I go to know my name....so I only get asked when going other places like Chic Fillet....
Just say my name is Jo Biden!
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

This.

This.

Fugghead has to boost his post count from the board being offline a couple of days.
Phil McGroin

This.

I've never heard of anyone who has so much trouble in stores.
That's BS.
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Just say my name is Jo Biden!

aka "Joe Depends"
Are they limiting purchases?

So many rounds/boxes a week per person/household?
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

But they don’t

So in the end, it’s good ole Peepaw at the LGS stickin it to American gun owner. Probably got that aluminum ammo for his shelves by sending his retarded nephew to go stand in line at 7am at Academy Sports and yet again, cock block the everyday hunters and shooters.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

That’s as much as telling autozone you need a distributor for a 70 Plymouth Superbird with a 440 sixpack. 😃
Son saw a brick of 22's at Walmart today.

We have plenty, let someone else have them.

Apparently the the GCA of 1968 required a log of all pistol ammo sales including 22 rimfire. The 1986 GOPA repealed the requirement.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20120726/federalammunitionregulation2012

"...…...The Gun Control Act of 1968 required federal licensing for all ammunition dealers, and required that a record be kept on all handgun ammunition sales by retailers—including the popular .22 rimfire cartridges. The requirements proved to be such a heavy burden on retailers that in 1982, Congress removed .22 caliber rimfire ammunition from the record-keeping requirement.

Even with that change, the value of ammunition sales licensing and record keeping was doubted by many, including the nation's top firearms law enforcement officials. In 1984, the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee concluded that ammunition dealer licensing "was not necessary to facilitate legitimate Federal law enforcement interests."1 In 1986, the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms supported eliminating the record keeping requirement: "The Bureau and the [Treasury] Department have recognized that current recordkeeping requirements for ammunition have no substantial law enforcement value."2 As a result, the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986 repealed the ammunition restrictions, with little opposition despite heated debate over other provisions of the bill...….."
waldos near me has zero ammo. not one single round. and only about 4 or 5 mossberg tomato stakes. but they did have a giant pecan log roll in the checkout line that i have been gnawing on for a few days. getting ready to do a wilford brimly here in a bit.

Apparently the the GCA of 1968 required a log of all pistol ammo sales including 22 rimfire. The 1986 GOPA repealed the requirement.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20120726/federalammunitionregulation2012

"...…...The Gun Control Act of 1968 required federal licensing for all ammunition dealers, and required that a record be kept on all handgun ammunition sales by retailers—including the popular .22 rimfire cartridges. The requirements proved to be such a heavy burden on retailers that in 1982, Congress removed .22 caliber rimfire ammunition from the record-keeping requirement.

Even with that change, the value of ammunition sales licensing and record keeping was doubted by many, including the nation's top firearms law enforcement officials. In 1984, the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee concluded that ammunition dealer licensing "was not necessary to facilitate legitimate Federal law enforcement interests."1 In 1986, the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms supported eliminating the record keeping requirement: "The Bureau and the [Treasury] Department have recognized that current recordkeeping requirements for ammunition have no substantial law enforcement value."2 As a result, the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986 repealed the ammunition restrictions, with little opposition despite heated debate over other provisions of the bill...….."

I remember this as well. Just shows our age. Most on here would not recognize a pay phone. Hasbeen
nothing to do with gun shops but a friend and his golf buddy used to give the names Harry Foreskinotto and Al Prepuce ( look up prepuce) at the golf course in the morning and they would blare it over the loudspeaker when it was their tee time, he got a real kick out of it, him telling the story and laughing hysterically was even better, lol
You go girl, I’m sure an opinion from a knucklehead in Oregon of all places will convince them to change.

I might just give them a call.. I don't hold back. In person or on the phone.. If they are a stupid mother fugger, you call it a stupid mother fugger. Like a skunk is a skunk.. No denying some people are a waste of air..
For any shop to do that is just wrong.

The ammo sign book thing went away a long time ago.

Glad you walked and so should other around there.
I don't see this happening to me without the whole damn incident being made public, ie: names, business, location.

This is the kind of [bleep] that Patriot's need to call out.

Ok into the 80's.
Weston Arms & Shooting Range
(116)
Gun shop in Davie, FloridaClosed
31+
OverviewReviewsPhotosAbout
CALL
DIRECTIONS
SAVE
WEBSITE
In-store shopping
7080 FL-84, Davie, FL 33317
Map of weston arms & shooting range
Closed ⋅ Opens 10AM Sat
(954) 792-1911

Give them a call and voice your concerns.
Dox the [bleep] out of them
Hell, in a few places one has to go through a full background check to buy ammo. It is what it is, BS. Depends on where one lives.
LD,

I don't blame you.
Have you heard about the effbee eye showing up for interrogation of customers who make " sizable"purchases? Some of the sporting goods shops call them on their customers, then investigate. Crazy times. There's certain people who always want to know what honest people own for some strange reason
Be sure to run home and tell your Mommy about the mean old lady at the gun shop who aske you your name. Some guys sure know how to make much ado about the most trivial stuff !
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Are they limiting purchases? So many rounds/boxes a week per person/household?
That's the only thing that makes sense. They are keeping a record for their own use to limit hoarding purchasers. There may be more than one clerk and they are trying to be fair to the whole community. I believe I would not assume the worst. They could double the price and gouge hell out of the customers who would probably pay it. Call the man and ask what's up, all he wanted to know was the name. The clerk may be clueless.
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
LD,

I don't blame you.
Have you heard about the effbee eye showing up for interrogation of customers who make " sizable"purchases? Some of the sporting goods shops call them on their customers, then investigate. Crazy times. There's certain people who always want to know what honest people own for some strange reason

When I read about local dirt's experience, I imagined that there was probably an ATF or FBI agent in the back room peering out through mirrored glass or watching the customers on camera...
Be sure to run home and tell your Mommy about the mean old lady at the gun shop who aske you your name. Some guys sure know how to make much ado about the most trivial stuff !

They'd throw you out for walking in.
Sometimes you just ain't right.
Originally Posted by Stophel
LD,

I don't blame you.

When I read about local dirt's experience, I imagined that there was probably an ATF or FBI agent in the back room peering out through mirrored glass or watching the customers on camera...

But seriously, the times I have seen this was at shows. They are less than discreet about the line of questions I've overheard them ask vendors and attendees. I had one approach me and ask what was in my fanny pack, etc. I walked away because he was a stranger and none of his business, but some would interact.
Ignore is still for pussies, pussy.
Originally Posted by jnyork

My brother just told me he had to let them scan his driver's license to rent a snake at Home Depot the other day. The lady told him they could get everything off of that.

Everything? Hmmm.

It doesn't even take your DL #. A search of your name in the right system will reveal all UCC filings, utility accounts, vehicles registered, all licenses both recreational and professional, known relatives with age and address.

It was most likely the manager's (owner's) idea in the first place.
LD,

I don't blame you.

i have seen mexicans walking o ut of cabella's with multiple cases of .223. no doubt where it was going.
number of places require i.d. being mexico being under the armpit. and now california
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
LD,

I don't blame you.

i have seen mexicans walking o ut of cabella's with multiple cases of .223. no doubt where it was going.
number of places require i.d. being mexico being under the armpit. and now california

That makes sense. You're probably right.
Jack Mehoff
Ignore is still for pussies, pussy.

Wishin your troatt does a prolapse, chkunt.
I picked this up a few days ago and the guy asked for my date of birth which I gave him and he entered it into the system.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Obviously LD hasn't looked in the mirror lately otherwise he'd see what a flaming azzhole he is.
Obviously LD hasn't looked in the mirror lately otherwise he'd see what a flaming azzhole he is.

Can you just FOAD please, moron.
Am I getting under your skin ?
LD,

I don't blame you.

What a fail proof system.

LOL
Am I getting under your skin ?

Shirley you jizm.
LD,

I don't blame you.

What a fail proof system.

LOL

Doesn't he mean Mexifornia?

Lol.

We had to if it was anything the was considered a pistol cartridge. You had to be 21 to buy ammunition for a hand gun
I give them my ex-wife's fathers name

Speaking of looking in mirrors....
Who the f uck rattled your chain there dooshnozzle ?

According to some people, here on the fire, telling them that they didn't need your name (same as telling someone that it's none of their business), is wrong.

You did a no-no! So you now you get a time-out!

killerv, gunwizard, callnum, and akasparky are gonna be all over you; because you didn't give your name, blood type, next of kin, who you voted for, fingerprints, wife's maiden name, dog's sex, and what you have for supper the night before. I hope you can bear the strain.

Oh, by the way, GOOD FOR YOU!
Let’s see.

A good Man posted an aggravating experience that he had, a ten way pissing contest ensues and now he’s a mofo for posting what happened.

Welcome to The Campfire, LD.

Psalms 133, verse 1 comes to mind.

Carry on.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There's a lot of money in selling mailing lists. I'd bet that your name would go on a list and be offered for sale. Then you'd be overrun with junk mail.

Exactly. Nothing worse than when you go to pay for something. “What’s a good phone number for ya”
I recall when radio shack started this. Then Cabelas and now even the LGS thinks they have a right to ask for your phone number. I just tell the gals at the checkout "Thank you for asking but I'm married". If they can't handle that I tell them "No thank you" and occasionally if the checker is totally clueless I just say "Look, I'm not giving you my damm phone number".

And to think you don't even need an ID to vote in half of the USA.
Information is $.
Googles primary source of money is to collect our data and sell it.
The states do the same.

Those loyalty cards at grocery stores?.....
The same that assure you that they keep all information on their customers confidential?.. .
Katherine Albrecht s research thesis and book covered this back when all the establishment trusting gullible souls were going for them and asking if they can offer any other helpful personal information.

This might not be what the gun shop was going for, but most info mining is for reasons of $.

A friend of mine was an Iowa DCI agent. He found the name of a murder suspect in one of those books buying the exact ammo that was used in a homicide. They had some value but they were pretty intrusive.

kwg
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

But they don’t

So in the end, it’s good ole Peepaw at the LGS stickin it to American gun owner. Probably got that aluminum ammo for his shelves by sending his retarded nephew to go stand in line at 7am at Academy Sports and yet again, cock block the everyday hunters and shooters.

I believe you're not far off, slum. I was at BassPro this afertnoon. Found a box of 250 Berry's 9mm 147 gr. Bought that and asked the ringing me up if he had any loaded ammo. He says no, everything they had sold out to about the first 15 people through the door this morning. Sales guy said he thinks they're all local LGS and pawn shop owners.

You obviously can't read.. or follow along.

Try and keep up.

LMAO.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Are they limiting purchases?

So many rounds/boxes a week per person/household?

Yes. They were also limiting purchase to 1 box.

He didn't say my name was for anything about tracking purchases. Just said he had to "put it in the computer".

Hey gungizzard,

Shouldn't you, caldumb, and Washinadutie be tired of following me around sniffing my farts by now?

You're all pathetic.

Laughing.
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
I recall when radio shack started this. Then Cabelas and now even the LGS thinks they have a right to ask for your phone number. I just tell the gals at the checkout "Thank you for asking but I'm married". If they can't handle that I tell them "No thank you" and occasionally if the checker is totally clueless I just say "Look, I'm not giving you my damm phone number".

Funny. BassPro sales guy asked for my phone number today when I bought some bullets. I refused to give it to him, but I did use my loyalty card to get the points from the purchase. They probably already had my phone number. Lol.
Remember what Uncle Joe said over in the Oval Orifice - the 2A wasn't "absolute". Hang on - you haven't seen the commie Dems in full anti - 2A glory.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Let’s see.

A good Man posted an aggravating experience that he had, a ten way pissing contest ensues and now he’s a mofo for posting what happened.

Welcome to The Campfire, LD.

Psalms 133, verse 1 comes to mind.

Carry on.

Toot, It's just what some of those clowns do.

They must be miserable to live with.

I've been wondering the same about you.
You're the one who poked his nose where it didn't belong, maybe MYOB would be a good idea.
"I don't own a phone. Now how much do I owe for the shells?"
You're the one who poked his nose where it didn't belong, maybe MYOB would be a good idea.

MYOB? About what, dumbass?

You're the one following me around, tapping on a thread about MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with somebody wanting my name to buy ammunition.
I had a friend that used to collect business cards. Whenever I'd leave a job, he'd ask for my unused cards. Whenever he got in a situation where someone would ask for his info and he didn't want to give it, he'd whip out one of these cards and hand it to the guy.

Eventually, he had cards made for Smoot and Hoof. This was a defunct business in downtown Cincinnati that was adjacent to Findley Market. He couldn't find out anything about the business; all he had to go on was the sign. The sign had been exposed during the partial renovation of the stores next to the market. It looked like it had been painted before 1900.

He had business cards made up and even had little business postcards printed with a photo of the sign and storefront. When he wanted to get somebody's goat, he's write "Your dry cleaning is ready to be picked up." on the back of the card and send it to them. There was no phone# and no address.

My suggestion to all you guys who are getting wound up over giving out your phone # is either collect business cards from salesmen, or get a fake card made up. Now you can do it online dirt cheap. Make it look really official and put some totally bogus info on it.

John said those fake cards got him out of a bunch of otherwise harrowing scrapes.
Originally Posted by Oldman3

killerv, gunwizard, callnum, and akasparky are gonna be all over you; because you didn't give your name, blood type, next of kin, who you voted for, fingerprints, wife's maiden name, dog's sex, and what you have for supper the night before. I hope you can bear the strain.

huh???? why you dragging me into this? You dont know me.

It's douchenozzle, thank you very much.

Funny. BassPro sales guy asked for my phone number today when I bought some bullets. I refused to give it to him, but I did use my loyalty card to get the points from the purchase. They probably already had my phone number. Lol.

Our local bps asks for number for all purchases, its tied to your reward points. Most folks dont have their card on them.

What's the matter gunwizard..... kinda 2-faced aren't you?

It's ok for you to tell someone to MYOB, but not for me to tell someone that it's 'none of their business'.
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by Oldman3

huh???? why you dragging me into this? You dont know me.

You don't know me either, but you didn't hesitate to tell me that I was wrong for telling someone that it was 'none of their business', so I was just warning LD of what might happen.

Yessir! We had to do the same. I’m 63 and worked in our lgs all of high school and college. Graduated hs in 75, BS 79, Masters in 81. I seem to remember it was during the time I was in college....75-79

I always quote January 1st, 1901 when asked. After doing this for some time, I have only had a single person look at me and smile, then enter the date anyway. The rest can't add up or don't care.
Originally Posted by killerv

Our local bps asks for number for all purchases, its tied to your reward points. Most folks dont have their card on them.

(I) don't leave home without it. smile
© 24hourcampfire