Home
This little dandy popped up in NW MT, 600 a month for a shed, outhouse, and hose bib

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hope they at least supply candles for the porta-john!
Our daughter has a small house south of Salt Lake. She's thinking of buying a single wide mobile to live in and rent out the house. It can rent for more than double her mortgage payments.
Wonder where the other half of that double wide is being rented out?
Home sales in Flathead county have been averaging 6 days, listing to contract since the first of the year.
That Valley is on fire!
Originally Posted by JeffA
Home sales in Flathead county have been averaging 6 days, listing to contract since the first of the year.
That Valley is on fire!

I've thought seriously about dumping my house, It's totally insane right now. I think we are 2.5x the 2007 highs right now. They think it will pop another 10% or so this year. Pretty close to fuggit I'm done money for me.
That Valley is on fire!

And unless you’re pulling up stakes and selling it’s bullshidt. “Teleworkers” moving in with out of state money and nothing to add to the local economy pricing out locals.
I live in a city of 25,000 people.
There are currently 3 homes for rent.
$4,180/mo
$6,800/mo
$9,500/mo

I blame Amazon.
Zillow says the value of my home has increased by $67k in the last 10 days.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Zillow says the value of my home has increased by $67k in the last 10 days.

Not a bad month, mine said $61k and it’s still low.
That cabin would go for a thousand a month in the Gallatin valley, lol

One of my rentals is a 500ft2 efficiency apartment in a small town northwest of Bozangeles, it rents for 800 a month and I get 10-15 applications within 30 min of listing it. About half of the applicants are families of 4 or more.

Been that way for the last 5 years.

Can't wait to cash out and move to Montana again.
“This one is as cute as a button, we call it The Ted Kaczynski”
My sister has someone paying her $600 a month to park a van (that she lives in) in her driveway outside of Denver. It's nuts.
Originally Posted by slumlord
“This one is as cute as a button, we call it The Ted Kaczynski”

Good one!
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
That Valley is on fire!

And unless you’re pulling up stakes and selling it’s bullshidt. “Teleworkers” moving in with out of state money and nothing to add to the local economy pricing out locals.

That is the way it works.

The prices they’re paying and the tax assessment increases can do exactly what you’ve said unless your state has an age grandfathered type clause to freeze your property tax upon reaching a certain age.
Originally Posted by Backroads
That cabin would go for a thousand a month in the Gallatin valley, lol

One of my rentals is a 500ft2 efficiency apartment in a small town northwest of Bozangeles, it rents for 800 a month and I get 10-15 applications within 30 min of listing it. About half of the applicants are families of 4 or more.

Been that way for the last 5 years.

Can't wait to cash out and move to Montana again.

thats what we are doing....cashing out and moving to lewistown....already bought property there.....house goes up for sale in june/july......bob
Had a buddy list a 200k house. Had 18 offers in 2 hours, 4 of which were cash. Sold in the 4th hour for 30k over asking to one of the cash buyers.
© 24hourcampfire