Home
Posted By: Tarkio COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Show of hands.

How many have had covid?

Of those, how many had symptoms that were worse than a seasonal-type flu? What were your symptoms like?

I will go first.

Started off just being a bit chilled one night. Couldn't get warm and I chalked it up to a crappy motel room heater and a significant temp drop outside.

Next day had a little cough and drippy nose. That night I was definietly chilled and ended up with a fever. 30 minute scalding shower and cranking heater as high as it would go. After that, double blanket on the bed and I broke my fever in the middle of the night.

Next day, worked same as always.

Next few days I kept traveling and working. Symptoms were minimal. Didn't really realize until about 5-6 days after the fever that what I had might have been covid. About then, I lose my sense of taste and smell for over a week.

My symptoms weren't bad. I never missed a minute of work. Was really pretty minor.
Posted By: rong Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Not me ,but one of the rugrats had it.
First thing he said he felt like crap one day,took his temp 99.3* ish,also said he was a little achy.
Found out next day his Gf was +,so we took him for a test,told him to stay in the basement.
After a week or so he also lost taste and smell,but said he felt fine,not even really run down.

I think he regained taste and smell after about 2-3 wks.
For him it was a nothing-burger.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Pretty sure I had it back in late july into mid august.

Took 4 designer Ice cream cones from the convenience store up the road to convince myself I totally lost my sense of taste.
That lasted for about 3 days.
Dry unrelenting cough.
Joint aches.
Felt like the worst cold I ever had.
Didnt get tested.
Fugg that scam .gov crap and its money making scheme.

Buncha guys were on a thread on here same time period thinking they had caught the scamdemic buckethead flu also.

#herdimmunity....
#notgettingagenetherapyshot...
Posted By: Showdog75 Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Two or three days of slow.[bleep] feeling morning congestion more than normal. Complete lose of smell and taste for a month. About it. I know people that died from it(underlying issues) and different blood types. O positive myself. Blood type seems to be a factor. I did the Johnson and Johnson vaccine because of several reasons and folks I'm around. No adverse effects although it was a painful injection.
Posted By: ro1459 Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
At 72 my symptoms were a little stronger than the above. It started out as like the flu. Then I lost taste and smell, had a little trouble breathing (not bad) and ached all over. While I never had to go to the hospital, it was worse than the flu. I was in bed for almost ten days and then another three weeks of feeling really weak. Not something I want to repeat.
Posted By: ledvm Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
I worked all year as normal. Around people everyday—sometimes large crowds. Two of my employees whom I am around got it (mild cases). I thought I may have had it early (Feb 2020) after being in a conference with people from NYC. Was over whatever it was before tests were available. Did antibody test but it was negative. So put me down as never got it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Posted By: ringworm Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Exposed 6 times, no masks.
Around people all day, no mask.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
zip, zero, nada. I have not worn a mask, not gotten a shot, and won't With a death rate in my area of .0004, and a national death rate of about .001, I just don't see the issue.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Worked everyday around a lot of people through the whole fauxdemic. Dad was in critical care for four weeks and on a floor full of covid patients. He didn’t get it, and none of us got it.
The few people I know personally that had it showed either little or no symptoms

Posted By: MM879 Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Got the shot and the side effects were about the same as what I thought my COVID was. So, the reality of the logic is, I did not have a case of COVID. Only normal seasonal allergy and crud that goes along with being human.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
I don't think I've had the China flu. I wake up congested and coughing every morning because of emphysema. I don't wear a mask unless requested by an employee of the business I'm patronizing I have no plans to get tested or take the China flu shot.
One things for sure, if I ever think I have the China flu I'm not going to sit around and try to heal myself.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21

I had Covid-19 in November 2020 I was 69 at the time and turned 70 in January, I'm also a type ll diabetic. I tested positive on 11-03-2020. My sinuses dripped in my throught, headache, ears plugged and my body ached. I never felt like I had a fever and never checked for a fever.
Fed my horses and cows every day

I latter dud an antibody test and I had antibodies
Posted By: muleshoe Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Pretty sure both the youngest daughter and I had it back in late Jan/early Feb of 2020.
Both of us were down for 2 weeks+.
Terrible cough, to the point of passing out and tossing chow.
Ached like I'd been beaten severely.
Not a lot of fever, but periodically.
Seems like my smeller and taste were effected.
Way worser than any cold/flu either of us ever had.
No plans to get a vaccine shot.

Never tested.
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
I'm 98% sure I had it a little over a year ago now. I shook hands with a college kid who had just been in New Orleans during Mardi Gras last year. He was sick before they came over here and later tested positive for antibodies.

The first day started with a bad dry cough. The second day was muscle aches. The third day was the worst with fever, chills and a little trouble breathing in the night.

I was pretty damn sick for 10 or 12 days. My sense of smell was gone for several weeks.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Yes.

Mild flu like symptoms, although I would like my sense of smell back.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
One son-in-law had it, and wanted to die for while.
Posted By: Jerseyboy Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Nope. Not even here in allegedly Covid central NJ. Next door neighbors had it about a year ago. They're in their early 60s, about 10 years younger than my wife and I. The 90+ year old mother-in-law lives with them and never got it. Figure that one out! The wife works in a doctor's office, and that's our best guess as to how they got it.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
I believe I had it back near the end of December of 2019, although I cannot get my doctor to prescribe an antibody test to verify it. Like a flu, except for more severe body aches, to include extreme pain in my shoulder joints. Also the cough persisted for a long time. At the time, few were talking about the Novel Coronavirus, so it never occurred to me, and I don't think they even had testing yet.

PS Over 40% of US Marines are refusing the vaccine.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
I had something end of November. Beginning of Dec. it ran out. Never lost sense of taste or smell. Wasn’t all that bad for me. I mean I knew something wasn’t right. Lingered about a week. Daughter who lives here with family on the place, sure she had it right after me. She lost taste-smell and was sick! She still has lingering side effects. None of the others here sick. Including the wife who is the poster child for co-morbidities.

Spoke with my cardiologist about it when I saw him recently. Explained symptoms. He said he would bet money I had it. And went on to say that it affects all differently.

So, bottom line, who knows?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Nephew and his wife, both nurses in LTC facilities, and their baby all got it. Nephew’s case was mild. Wife and baby were pretty sick, but not hospitalized.

Paralegal working on my father’s estate and her fiancé, maybe early 60s, both pretty sick; he had to go to the hospital.

Neighbor, 58, I’ve never met, with some health issues I’m told, dead.

Former sister in-law, about 67, had it but thought it was a cold. Tested positive for anti-bodies long after the fact.
Posted By: krp Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Wife, I and my 90 year old dad have not had it, everyone else in my family has had it and no one died, seems it was individual on how bad. Our family has been very careful to not risk my dad, this started before the virus and included flu and such well before.

My sister/husband/son got it from church in Nov, BIL just turned 70, it was like a cold for all of them, no biggie. They live up where the cabins are and we had just been there for my wife's deer hunt but dodged it by a few days.

Right before Christmas, my Nephew and his wife were pregnant and had their shower, my wife was supposed to go but had a leg nerve issue and stayed home. My daughter lives close, had went over but it was so packed she just left the gift on the porch and texted them. Good thing as Nephew's mother, my brother's ex was sick and didn't say anything, she got so bad at the shower they took her home, had her tested the next day and was positive. She had hugged and kissed on everyone, they all got sick. My brother is 66 and he had it the worst, said it was like a bad flu for a week, Nephew and pregnant wife were over it quick, like a cold... wife dodged that one.

Then in Jan the daughter, SIL, grandkids came over for my wife's birthday. The next day they left for trip with the SIL's parents and his sister's family to a timeshare in Flagstaff. SIL's dad had hid away since the beginning of the virus, was paranoid of getting it, very at risk health wise... well he was feeling sick before they went and didn't say anything, by day 2 they knew it was bad and all came back, he went into the hospital with pneumonia for 5 days and survived. The SIL and his sister were hit hard, my daughter had a bad cough, grandson had a slight fever for 12 hours, granddaughter showed nothing. So it seems that the SILs family were more affected, genetics? SIL's dad had got it from his own brother, so much for hiding in... We dodged that one.

Also my dad's sister in her 80s had it, pneumonia for a week and survived.

Young, old, healthy, at risk... reactions are the same as if they had the flu/bad flu.

Kent
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Not even a cold in the last year. Only a handful of people I know tested positive, a few with no symptoms at all. Nobody I know died from it. I have avoided large indoor gatherings though over the last year and just generally kept my distance from most folks.
People complain about how terrible the last year has been, it’s been one of my best years ever. A regular introverts paradise.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
I had it. My entire family, wife and 3 kids had it. My mother and father had it.

For me it was a fever, slight aches for a little less than 24 hours. Very little cough, very little sinus drainage. I was working from home at the time and didn't miss any work aside from the time to go to the drive through testing. I lifted/trained hard the day before and 4 days later I was lifting/training again (home gym). It was ~1 day of flu like symptoms. No loss of taste/smell for me. I'm a type 1 insulin dependent diabetic and occasionally have respiratory issues during allergy seasons or after bushhogging. I'm in excellent physical condition. I figured it would be much worse for me than it was with having diabetes but I'm glad it wasn't.

Wife had headaches and loss of taste/smell, her's lasted a few days longer. 2 youngest kids had minimal symptoms. Oldest son had it a couple of months earlier and didn't get it again but his was about 3 days of fever, etc....he quarantined in his room and none of the rest of us got it then.

My father had 13 or 14 days of fever. Very weak during that time. Ended up with double pneumonia. Was down quite a while and lost several pounds he didn't need to lose. It was rough on him but he's over it and chasing turkey's now. He's a Type 1 insulin dependent diabetic as well.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
I’m dealing with it. For me, it’s far worse than any flu or cold I’ve ever had.
Posted By: EdM Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Nope nor do I know anyone that has had it. A few days ago I had my first shot.
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
I had it back in December. I tested positive on a test dec 2, they immediately tested me again & it was positive, then had me spit in a tube for a different test they sent off & it came back positive. I went home and isolated for 10 days. I had some dizziness, headaches, fatigue, slight temperature a few days, coughing, but that was about it. I slept a lot. I never did lose my taste or smell. My case was pretty mild. My blood type is O +.

I know several people that have died from it though, including a healthy 30 year old insurance salesman. A 45 year old healthy police officer I know just got out of the hospital a couple of days ago after a week with COVID. I haven’t had the vaccine because there’s conflicting guidance on whether those of us who have had Covid should get the shot. I’ll probably end up getting it but I want to watch a while. Natural immunity should offer me plenty of immunity for the time being.

If I hadn’t already had Covid I would have gotten the vaccine by now.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Covid is bizarre... it either doesn't affect you at all, or it can kill you...and anywhere inbetween. And the people with no reaction like to grandstand on how weak the virus is because their case was mild. And a lot of those people cannot confirm they actually had it, they just assume...

I currently have it and it sucks. A week of cold, flu, temp swings, chills, followed by pneumonia. Currently on oxygen.

I noticed most of the anti-vax people haven't had it yet. I still don't trust the mRNA vaccine, but covid is real and it sucks.
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
I was definitely exposed on Christmas Day. Six days later Wednesday evening I had a little bit of a sniffle and felt off. Friday I realized I had zero sense of smell or taste. Progressively had worse cold symptoms until Saturday evening when the first mild fever hit. Sunday was terrible with fever , aches , and exhaustion. Monday more of the same. Headache was dull the first couple of days but Saturday , Sunday , and Monday the headache was hell. Took Ivermectin Monday somewhere around 11am and by 7pm I was mostly fine and felt like I was over it. I took more Ivermectin Wednesday and the following Saturday or Sunday. Most of my sense of taste returned over the next four weeks but I can barely smell strong odors to this day.
An odd lingering effect is that my allergies have all but disappeared. This time of the year I'm usually drowning in nasal drainage and eyes on fire. This year I can stand under live oaks raining pollen and I’m absolutely fine or a little bit of ichy eyes. If losing my sense of smell means not having debilitating allergies I’m happy to never smell anything again. I went to a tractor show this weekend over in Lakeland Ga and really enjoyed myself despite it raining pollen all day. Normally I’d be shut in my house doped up on antihistamines this time of the year.
Posted By: deflave Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Covid is bizarre... it either doesn't affect you at all, or it can kill you...and anywhere inbetween. And the people with no reaction like to grandstand on how weak the virus is because their case was mild. And a lot of those people cannot confirm they actually had it, they just assume...

I currently have it and it sucks. A week of cold, flu, temp swings, chills, followed by pneumonia. Currently on oxygen.

I noticed most of the anti-vax people haven't had it yet. I still don't trust the mRNA vaccine, but covid is real and it sucks.

Have you had pneumonia before?
Posted By: chesterwy Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Pretty sure my wife and youngest kid had it in February 2020. They were pretty sick.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21

I think the reason there is such a wide range of severity levels with it is that many people already had immunity from it, since certain strains of the common cold are sufficiently similar to it that the antibodies for it also work against COVID19. This is a phenomenon known to medical science, which is why it's odd that they haven't worked overtime isolating those cold germs and offering them to the population at large.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
I've had worse flu by far. Loss of smell and fatigue kinda sucked.
Posted By: gunzo Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Five days of temp swings, headaches no taste or smell, super lethargy, runny nose & sore throat. Getting taste back took more like 10 days, wife didn't get hers back for weeks.

On a scale of 1-10, the worst flu symptoms I've had being a 10, I'd rate my bought with Covid as a 7, maybe an 8. I feel so damn lucky it didn't get in my chest.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Had it 3 weeks after both shots couple days pretty rough sinus drainage and bad flu symptoms. Had pneumonia several times before far worse, which is why I took the shots regret doing that now.

Tried in vain to convince wife not to take the shots, but she too second shot got up middle of the night for advil, passed out on falling head hit the gas stove knocked gas knob off and went back to bed. I got up and rechecked stove was still on and not lit! Just came home from a hunting trip who knows what would have happened had I not been home.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21

As soon as I tested positive my doctor prescribed a Zpac antibiotic to prevent secondary infections such as pneumonia
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I think the reason there is such a wide range of severity levels with it is that many people already had immunity from it, since certain strains of the common cold are sufficiently similar to it that the antibodies for it also work against COVID19. This is a phenomenon known to medical science, which is why it's odd that they haven't worked overtime isolating those cold germs and offering them to the population at large.

Yes.

Another thing to consider is that their test is not testing for COVID-19. It's testing for COVID.

If you test positive for COVID, it means you have a fugking cold. This is why so many people say "I tested positive for COVID and I'm fine." They're not lying.

If you have developed pneumonia, you most likely started, with a COLD.
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Had it 3 weeks after both shots couple days pretty rough sinus drainage and bad flu symptoms. Had pneumonia several times before far worse, which is why I took the shots regret doing that now.

Tried in vain to convince wife not to take the shots, but she too second shot got up middle of the night for advil, passed out on falling head hit the gas stove knocked gas knob off and went back to bed. I got up and rechecked stove was still on! Just came home from a hunting trip who knows what would have happened had I not been home.

Jesus dude.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Tarkio: Not me!
Nor any member of my family.
I have been fully vaccinated for over month now.
Hoping for the best.I hope YOU have no long term debilitations from the china red death wuhan lab induced misery.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: ribka Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Originally Posted by deflave

Have you had pneumonia before?

Having caught both pneumonia was much worse
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Actually amazed neither my wife or I caught it living her in So Cal. If we did, we were not aware of it. I personally know two people who died from it a former coworker and my nephews father in law.
Posted By: Nollij Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
I'm fairly certain I had it end of last May. I'm around my folks just about daily, and nice guy that I am, I passed it to them. They tested posititve the first week of June after symptoms started to show up. I was never tested.

I felt crappy for a couple of days. Taste was gone. I wasn't eating and losing strength and energy. By day 3, I forced myself to down a bowl of chicken noodle soup. With a little grub in my belly, I felt better almost immediately. I had the swine flu in 2009; it was so much worse, I can't even describe the difference. I was sick as hell, running a constant 101/102° fever for 3-4 days. Nothing would knock it down. I ended up at the doctor. 2020 was a whole lotta nary in comparison.

My folks had a different go of it. My mom was sick, but had done her research, and was forcing herself to eat and drink throughout the illness even though she said that everything had a foul taste to it. She thinks it may have affected her memory. She started coming around a month ago, but has been having a hard time remembering simple things. Honestly though, I can't say there is a correlation. The illness may have pushed something that was already sliding. Who knows.

My dad wouldn't eat or drink, and by day 5, I thought he might have had a stroke. We were zoom meeting with doctors, and were advised to stay home. I told my mom "that's it we're taking him in". Off to the ER. He didn't argue with me when I told him that we were taking him in. That had me concerned. He F'n hates hospitals.

The doc hooked him up to a 55 gallon drum of saline, and after 3 days in the hospital, he was arguing with the docs to leave. He was punchy for a couple of weeks, and I kept an eye on him, but he came around. The doctors at Centracare told him that he was one of the least sick people they had in the ICU. The ICU at Centracare hospital was the landing spot for all Covid+ patients regardless of how sick they were.

My wife showed no signs. My 17 year old daughter had the loss of taste, and felt crappy for a few days. My younger sons showed no signs whatsoever.

None of us are open to getting the vaccine. The whole pin cushion/guinea pig thing bothers us greatly. What I took away from it more than anything else, is that you need to keep your fluids and food intake up even though a glass of water might taste like kerosene. I know it hits everyone a little different, but our "strain" up here if you will was more about intake than outgoing. I didn't hear about anyone throwing up around here. I'm friggin' thankful it wasn't worse.
Posted By: Hastings Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Pretty sure I had it last fall. My wife tested me for flu. Was negative. Would have had to go to town for a Corona test. Just took a dose of Ivomec and knocked it down, then a bootleg Zpack for lingering cough.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Pretty sure both the youngest daughter and I had it back in late Jan/early Feb of 2020.
Both of us were down for 2 weeks+.
Terrible cough, to the point of passing out and tossing chow.
Ached like I'd been beaten severely.
Not a lot of fever, but periodically.
Seems like my smeller and taste were effected.
Way worser than any cold/flu either of us ever had.
No plans to get a vaccine shot.

Never tested.

I had something very similar to this in late January or early February of 2019.

IN January I had to go to an employment agency to apply for a job. The place was a bit scummy and folks from every corner of the world were in there looking for work. I was about a week into the job when I came down with a never ending cough, headache and sore throat. One morning about half way through it I was sure I was getting pneumonia. My lungs hurt from the coughing and I couldn't get a full breath. By this time I was living on cough syrup, Tylenol cold and throat spray only. All in all it lasted 10 days and it was another full week before I was close to 100% I have been on blood thinners since 2009. I don't know it this was a factor in getting through it or not. I'm sure it didn't hurt.

It could of been SARS or MERS since this was well before the official start of Covid19. I have not had as much as a sniffle since then and I work in a high exposure job where several co workers have gotten the Covid. I have not yet been vaccinated. I'm in no hurry to get vaccinated.

kwg
Posted By: nash22 Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Wife and I both have it now. Wife lost her sense of taste and smell with a slight fever.
Mine is different, no loss of taste it smell, no real fever spiked, but very fatigued and nightly sweating with a severe headache. Waking up in a pool of water every morning. Going on about 2 and a half weeks. Been taking Ivermectin, zinc, vitamin D3, Quercetin, and aspirin. Forcing myself to stay hydrated and eat something.
Posted By: AKduck Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Wife and I had it. She was pregnant at time and had a heck of time for 2 weeks. I had one night of feeling like she slipped something into my drink to have her way with me.....woke up next day fine with exception of smell/taste.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Nash, you have same symptoms as me. Good luck brother.
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
Originally Posted by nash22
Wife and I both have it now. Wife lost her sense of taste and smell with a slight fever.
Mine is different, no loss of taste it smell, no real fever spiked, but very fatigued and nightly sweating with a severe headache. Waking up in a pool of water every morning. Going on about 2 and a half weeks. Been taking Ivermectin, zinc, vitamin D3, Quercetin, and aspirin. Forcing myself to stay hydrated and eat something.

You need to add:

VIT C – 500-1,000 mg / day

Corticosteroid Budesonide inhaler
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...ymptoms-trial-finds-20210210-p5716m.html
Posted By: Scotty Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
In March of 2020 I went to a friends house. He had started feeling lousy that afternoon. 2 or 3 weeks later my wife and I both stated getting sore throats and headaches. My friend wife was getting the same symptoms but she also lost her sense of taste and smell.
Posted By: dh1 Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
I had what I thought was my annual sinus infection. Same symptoms I deal with once or twice a season it seems. The fever and chills lasted two days and as usual, let up and I was feeling better everyday. 5 days later it returned but only worse. Called dr and had several vid appts, I was being treated for another sinus infection. After a few days I went and got tested, came back 3 days later inconclusive. Follow up test came back 4 days later positive. By now I was feeling better but just weaker and tired easily, and developed a painful cough. That was end of February. I still have the cough and tire easily and a few days ago felt like I couldn't catch my breath, also started smelling second hand cigarette smoke everywhere, whether in my house, car or at work where no one was smoking. Went back to dr., normal check up and ekg were ok, but bloodwork showed a very high "d dimer'" result so I'm now waiting on a chest cat scan. If I don't talk too much or laugh the cough isn't so bad, the more I talk the cough becomes worse and more frequent. The cig smell, comes and goes, lasting for a few seconds to a few minutes. Just sucks!
Posted By: viking Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
I had it. I’ve had flu’s that were worse, although I lost taste and smell for a few weeks.

F the vax.
Posted By: Squidge Re: COVID Survey - 04/11/21
I tested negative back in October after having a very slight fever for a couple of days and some nasal congestion, I figure it was an ordinary cold and not Covid. Other than that I haven't been sick in over year.
Posted By: deflave Re: COVID Survey - 04/12/21
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Actually amazed neither my wife or I caught it living her in So Cal. If we did, we were not aware of it. I personally know two people who died from it a former coworker and my nephews father in law.

Why are you more prone to catch it in Southern California?
Posted By: ribka Re: COVID Survey - 04/12/21

because of all of the Covid positive illegals coming from the border into So Cal
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: COVID Survey - 04/12/21
To the best of my knowledge, neither my wife nor I have had the china flu. I'm a first responder and know for a fact that I have been around 8-10 people that had it. If the truth be known, either I've had it and didn't know it or I'll probably never get it, considering I've been around it so much. My wife thought she might have had it, got tested for the china flu and the regular flu, and both were negative. Neither of us has been vaccinated and neither of us plan to get vaccinated.
Posted By: Mike70560 Re: COVID Survey - 04/12/21
I have quarantined three times because of exposure and never contracted the China virus, nor has my wife. We went to Alaska last August, eat out quite often, and travel often. I seldom wear a mask.

This past week we did get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. I had zero side effects, not even a sore arm.

That night my wife got the chills and elevated heart rate. She was back to normal the next day.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: COVID Survey - 04/12/21
Not me, not anyone in my family, and nobody who I know has been diagnosed with COVID.

I had my first COVID shot on 4/6, number 2 scheduled for 4/27.

Wife has had both of her shots and the kids have had their first shots.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: COVID Survey - 04/12/21
You’re most fugking likely gonna live with the China virus . For fugk’s sake
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: COVID Survey - 04/12/21
I had a minor flu February 3020, slightly worse than a cold. I was slowed down for 3-4 days, and bedridden only 1/2 a day.

My son then got it slightly worse than I had. Then my wife got it. She was in bed with a temperature, aches and chills for 8 days. She had a dry cough for three weeks.

All in all we didn’t get hammered by the Chinese flu.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: COVID Survey - 04/12/21
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Not me, not anyone in my family, and nobody who I know has been diagnosed with COVID.

You must be so damn proud
Posted By: SandBilly Re: COVID Survey - 04/12/21
Originally Posted by BobBrown

That’s not what Don Lemon said.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: COVID Survey - 04/12/21

True dat.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: COVID Survey - 04/12/21
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

You must be so damn proud

Just stating the facts.
Posted By: dieselfitter Re: COVID Survey - 04/12/21
Yes, in July. Tired for 2 days.Smell and taste gone for a month
Posted By: deflave Re: COVID Survey - 04/12/21
Originally Posted by ribka

because of all of the Covid positive illegals coming from the border into So Cal

Oh.

Yeah. I wouldn't be around any of those. Especially in large numbers and confined areas.

LOL
Posted By: tmitch Re: COVID Survey - 04/12/21
I haven't been sick, other than the sniffles, in a few years. I get the flu shot yearly and will get the second Moderna dose today. My 38yo daughter caught it a couple weeks ago. Fever and crudy feeling for a couple days, then things went south and she ended up in the hospital for 8 days.
Posted By: MM879 Re: COVID Survey - 04/12/21
4 days out from the second shot. Things are calming down nicely. The stabilization of this second shot is a lot like getting used to High altitude. Stay hydrated and do not do anything that you want to do, drink, heavy food, BBQ.... time is your friend.
Posted By: rost495 Re: COVID Survey - 04/12/21
I can't think of anyone we know well thats had it.

The folks we know of that got hospitalized all followed the rules of don't get treated until you think you are going to do. DUMB. STUPID. Makes the medical field seem IGNORANT to us at least.

I may have had it while guiding moose. I was sick. But only slept a bit later one morning to kind of recover from all daylight plus hours when you guide.

Regardless sure seems like a lot of folks have never had a serious case of the flu either. 2 times in my life, both young, was high fever. IE over 102. And out for a couple weeks, but both times I don't recall a week or so at all.

Of course those that have died from this have had it bad. Just like folks that die of anything else similar I suppose.
Posted By: Dutch Re: COVID Survey - 04/13/21
The redhead and I both had it in February. She had a persistent light cough, no fever, some loss of taste and smell for over three weeks. I had what felt like the mother of all hangovers for three days: killer headaches, some fever, and EVERYTHING tasted like s#it. Literally. Could hardly stand to choke anything down. Some fever. Slept through most of it, and was dragging through most of the next couple of weeks at work. Had been on a regimen of Vit D, C, A, zinc and selenium for some months.

Funny thing, yesterday I could have sworn I had a “mini” COVID day. Sinus headache, felt off, not wanting to eat (and I LOVE eating.....). All good again today. And headaches are a huge rarity for me. Whatever.......
© 24hourcampfire