Home
Posted By: Sheister Remington Ammo Production - 04/12/21
Remington Ammo Production
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/12/21
LGS has been getting some Remington ammo in, albeit sporadically, and not much at one time. Doesn't last long on the shelves.
Posted By: MM879 Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/12/21
Let us hope that the 30-06, 150g line is running! Call me selfish.

It's and old Mauser Sporter. It likes 150g Core-Lokt
Posted By: mathman Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/12/21
Let's hope the brass is worth a shit.
Can’t be efficient to load the cardboard boxes of shotgun shells by hand.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/12/21
Other than some Core-Lokt, is there really any Remington ammo that still needs to be made under the Remington name?
Posted By: MM879 Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/12/21
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Other than some Core-Lokt, is there really any Remington ammo that still needs to be made under the Remington name?

quit giving Michigan a bad name.
Originally Posted by Stammster
Can’t be efficient to load the cardboard boxes of shotgun shells by hand.

Gotta justify $11 a box for Gun Clubs.
I am glad they are BACK!!!!!!
Hopefully, we will start to see Remington percussion caps again. I've not seen any for sale for many months, now.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/13/21
Originally Posted by MM879

So what's your answer? Their 22RF ammo sucks. Federal's HST, Hydrashok and Gold Dot ammo are all better selling than Golden Sabre. FMJ can have any brand name on it. American Eagle sells better than UMC. Their "premium" rifle bullets don't sell better than Federal Premium loaded with Nosler, Sierra and other brand bullets. Corelokt is their only brand that sells well, as it's still the most popular standard hunting bullet.

So what's your answer? Their 22RF ammo sucks. Federal's HST, Hydrashok and Gold Dot ammo are all better selling than Golden Sabre. FMJ can have any brand name on it. American Eagle sells better than UMC. Their "premium" rifle bullets don't sell better than Federal Premium loaded with Nosler, Sierra and other brand bullets. Corelokt is their only brand that sells well, as it's still the most popular standard hunting bullet.

For now, I hope they are producing .22lr, 5.56, 9mm, and .308 FMJ ammo at full capacity until we break the "shortage", then they can diversify their production lines.
Posted By: Buck720 Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/13/21
Bought some Remington corelokt 150 grain today for $19 a box instead of $50 or more online!
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

For now, I hope they are producing .22lr, 5.56, 9mm, and .308 FMJ ammo at full capacity until we break "shortage", then they can diversify their production lines.
I hope they keep producing it too, I just don't know why the brass cases and boxes wouldn't be marked Federal.
I just hope they improve the .22 rimfire ammo as it has SUCKED for decades. A good start would be to put priming compound in all the cases, all the way around the rim.
I have a buddy that works in the Lonoke plant he said that the ammo will be a better grade. They have upgraded equipment and are running 24/7 with more employees then ever
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/13/21
Good news, I'll support them.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/13/21
Who makes Remington primers?

Could this be a step forward in the primer shortage?
Been seeing alot of remington ammo past 2 months.
Academy.
And now wally world.
.308 and 30-06 corelocks today.

Umc pistol ammo
Golden bullets
Thunderbolts
Aint seen any shotshells yet.

Waiting on 20 ga 3" accutips to start showing up.

Buy all I can of those.
Wont dick around when I see em.
Just called him. They are working on popular rifle ammo, then rimfire and last but not least shotgun shells.
Good news, thanks for passing along.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/13/21
Core-Lokts and corn piles and copenhagen.... Haw haw haw, put yer purty pink toes on my dash, lean the seat back..
Originally Posted by slumlord
Core-Lokts and corn piles and copenhagen.... Haw haw haw, put yer purty pink toes on my dash, lean the seat back..

LOL
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/13/21
Originally Posted by Kenneth

Anyone in the know?
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/13/21
I wonder in the old Remington, how much they made from firearms vs from ammunition?

what was their core business?

I wonder how important Federal is to Vista?

It makes sense Federal will do a better job at making ammo than Remington.

I hope it happens.
Posted By: ttpoz Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/13/21
Originally Posted by Buck720
Just called him. They are working on popular rifle ammo, then rimfire and last but not least shotgun shells.

Thanks, Buck. A ray of hope in the shortage situation. Recently retired and am shooting more than ever. I've got a good supply of components but it would be nice to see the shelves well stocked again.
Joke all y'all want. Corelokt's kill things. Remember it arrived in 1939 and still works.
Thought Jason Vanderbrink was the CCI/Federal CEO? Remington too, or switch?
Posted By: rost495 Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/13/21

all I have to say in this bashing thread is FC pistol brass and some rifle brass SUCKS.
Posted By: MM879 Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/13/21
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
Joke all y'all want. Corelokt's kill things. Remember it arrived in 1939 and still works.

Take a good shot with a 30-06 150g or 180g and you will have meat on the ground. Mushroom Poisoning.

Anyone in the know?

Remington made Remington primers, in the Arkansas plant. They made everything there. Brass, bullets, primers, 22 shells.
Posted By: 358WCF Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/13/21
Originally Posted by centershot

All together now. Almost like Ma Bell was in the 80s except for Winchester/Olin.

I had the same thought. They renamed/promoted him to CEO of Vista “Ammunition”, not just Fed/CCI.

Vista Outdoors has been very good keeping the “house of brands” approach for companies they buy. Operate under the old name for brand recognition and manage day to day as separate companies, but with the mothership oversight to make sure supply chain is optimized and there are no major conflicts.

I see the Remington name not going away. They (Vista) bought a plant, but also the name, which carries a lot of Goodwill. That video made that clear.
Posted By: smallfry Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/13/21

I had the same thought. They renamed/promoted him to CEO of Vista “Ammunition”, not just Fed/CCI.

Vista Outdoors has been very good keeping the “house of brands” approach for companies they buy. Operate under the old name for brand recognition and manage day to day as separate companies, but with the mothership oversight to make sure supply chain is optimized and there are no major conflicts.

I see the Remington name not going away. They (Vista) bought a plant, but also the name, which carries a lot of Goodwill. That video made that clear.
He is the same guy that said he was sick and tired of customer complaints.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/13/21
Originally Posted by smallfry

He is the same guy that said he was sick and tired of customer complaints.

I think he saw that "Sick and tired of customer complaints" as sticking up for his employees, not himself. I think he also got the message that the comment was not well received as his tone was significantly different in his message ~1mo later.

STS
The 140 corelokt from the .260 remington will hurt more than feelings. No we don't have 647 lb deer to shoot but Bama whitetails celebrated Remington's bankruptcy.
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback

STS

Thanks, I'm not much of a shotgunner.
Posted By: MAC Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/13/21
I have seen a little shotgun ammo by Rem in the last year or so but I can't remember the last time I saw a box of Rem rifle ammo on the shelf. I have always handloaded so I wasn't really looking for it but I sure don't remember seeing it for quite a while.
Posted By: hotsoup Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/14/21
Visited my local wmt today around 5pm. They had 8 boxes of 30-06 150gr corelokts, for 19.00 a box. I bought 3 as that is their limit for now. The wmt is about 45 miles from the Lonoke ammunition plant.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/15/21
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
The 140 corelokt from the .260 remington will hurt more than feelings. No we don't have 647 lb deer to shoot but Bama whitetails celebrated Remington's bankruptcy.

LMAO. Like those that used Rem quit shooting deer cause there wasn't R ammo to be found.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/15/21
A nice stack of 30-06 165 Corlokts would suit me fine for a long time.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/15/21
Originally Posted by Buck720

I had family that used to work there. My cousin’s ex has been at Remington for nearly 16 years that I’m aware of. According to word I got second hand from him, they never fully shutdown, but were cut way back. Can your buddy confirm that? I know they have been hiring like crazy as my aunt keeps posting the job advertisements on social media. I think she is trying to give my cousin a few hints.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/15/21
I’ve been seeing Remington ammo show up regularly at one shop here for a couple months now. Other places are getting more and more in as well.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Remington Ammo Production - 04/15/21
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback

STS

Thanks, I'm not much of a shotgunner.

Yes!

STS & Nitro 27 shot shells. Beautiful inside & out. Rem had a self defense pistol bullet that was highly regarded as well.

What the heck ever they can get on the shelves can surely ease the shortages some.
© 24hourcampfire