Home
Posted By: 12344mag I Got Degallbladdered Today. - 04/12/21
De vinci did it!

Trying to get through it without narcotics, not sure if I will be able to though.
Is this going to result in your treatment of Denny to be less galling?
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Okay okay that was bad.
Heal fast Paul.
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

Doubtful, it just means he gets to buy me breakfast. wink
Heal up quickly, Ole Boy.
Best thing I ever done! You’ll feel much better soon but it’s gonna hurt for a few days.
Had mine out about 2 years ago. Had no idea mine was bad until one vac trip to mtns waking up at midnight felling like someone was stabbing me under the ribs. 1cm gallstone had blocked ducts and almost ruptured. I just had ibuprofen for few days. Just be careful what you eat for a little bit and dont stray far from the toilet just in case it goes through you fast.
Originally Posted by Aviator
Best thing I ever done! You’ll feel much better soon but it’s gonna hurt for a few days.

I think so as well, been 2 years in the coming.
Originally Posted by Phoneman
Just be careful what you eat for a little bit and dont stray far from the toilet just in case it goes through you fast.

Lol, wouldn't be the first time I schit my pants...... grin
Heal quick!!
Best advice I can give you is to avoid spicy food for a while and never venture far from a toilet after eating. It may take your digestive system up to a year to adjust to not having the gallbladder.

Got mine out 18 years ago.
Imitation crab leg get mine fired up.
Good luck in your recovery!
Posted By: K22 Re: I Got Degallbladdered Today. - 04/13/21
Speedy recover Paul.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Imitation crab leg get mine fired up.

Maybe that means that my GB is ticking along just fine, because I like to eat that stuff. It's my go-to when I work so late that I miss supper because it's quick, cheap, filling and doesn't bother my system at all. 😀

Hope you're doing well, Paul. Hope you heal up quickly. 👍
I hope you recover quick old man. I had mine done several years ago too. Not to bad for a surgery.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
De vinci did it!

Trying to get through it without narcotics, not sure if I will be able to though.

Screw that. Go for the gusto. smile
De vinci did it!

Thank you. I hope more people have procedures using Da Vinci. I own their stock. 😂
Posted By: Mac84 Re: I Got Degallbladdered Today. - 04/13/21
Prayers for a speedy recovery!
Heal up Paul. IF you sheit yourself, I hope.you do it in a crowded place. 😁
Prayers for speedy recovery, had mine out 35 years ago. Bathroom will be your friend for a while
Good luck! As mentioned, you'll get to know where the closest bathrooms are everywhere you go. I had to overnight in the hospital after mine. Funny thing though, apparently, the method of inflating the abdomen sometimes causes the gas to rise and settle in the shoulders. The pain in shoulders was so severe that it cause the need for narcotics, not the surgery itself.
Had mine out like 8 years ago. I've had no issues, and have not needed a bathroom as others have said. Just don't eat greasy foods and you'll be fine
Just FYI,. Your body will no longer be able to digest fat very well. You will need to keep fat digestive enzymes in stock. Ox Bile is the most common.
If one brand doesn't work, it's common practice to increase the dose . I try different brands to see which works best.

Liver formulas also aid digestion. If interested, PM.
I don't sell them or make a dime.
Did they scope it out, or cut it out...?
Hey buddy, get well soon!
Won't be the end of the world if you take the meds.

Hope you heal up quick.
Had mine out about 2 years ago. Had no idea mine was bad until one vac trip to mtns waking up at midnight feeling like someone was stabbing me under the ribs. 1cm gallstone had blocked ducts and almost ruptured. I just had ibuprofen for few days. Just be careful what you eat for a little bit and don't stray far from the toilet just in case it goes through you fast.

I had mine removed on 1/3/87 by the old cut the gut method. My scar is 8-1/2" long but I had them remove my appendix also. I was off work for 6 painful weeks. A little later they came out with the new non-surgery method. I chit my pants for 13 years if I ate anything greasy or salads. My doctor finally told me to take fiber every day and that, thankfully, stopped the chits every day.
Pears 🍐 sent.

😬🦫
I hope you get well quick. It shouldn't be too bad if you had the laproscopic. If you had the old school surgery, it will be a long road, since it's major surgery.
Good luck with your recovery Paul.
What does Leonardo have to do with this?

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

Breakfast? Really?
Originally Posted by antlers

They used a Da vinci Surgical Robot.
Originally Posted by Whelenman

Breakfast? Really?

O.K. Lunch it is!
Feel better and wishing you a quick recovery.
Get well soon!
hope all goes well
Originally Posted by antlers
They used a Da vinci Surgical Robot.
Cool. So it was a minimally invasive procedure. Somebody once showed that tool’s precision by using it to peel the skin off of a grape.
There's gotta be an easier way to get a free breakfast outta Denny. Surgery seems a bit extreme.

Heal up quick bud, you have that canon of Kingston's to shoot at the Michigan soiree.
Had mine done last year. Huge difference. Sorry I waited so long, turns out my suffering was not necessary.

Made it through without the drugs, saved for a later date. I was just a grumpy SOB for a while, my family wanted the drugs so they could deal with me!
Just be careful what you eat for a little bit and dont stray far from the toilet just in case it goes through you fast.

Lol, wouldn't be the first time I schit my pants...... grin

TMI!

Feel better, dood.
Originally Posted by Whelenman

Breakfast? Really?

O.K. Lunch it is!

I think he owes you breakfast and lunch.
If he winds up being too cheap to buy both, I will buy you breakfast.

De vinci did it!

You got Charles de Galled . . .

Was the Doc/operator in the same state or country even?

Hope you heal up quick!

Wife had hers out about 15 years back, still scopes places out for bathrooms!
Did they take your ovaries too?
Originally Posted by callnum
Did they take your ovaries too?

CalnumB looking for a transplant
© 24hourcampfire