Home
Posted By: Bosque New shotgun. - 04/13/21
My son just turned 14 last week. He's been working hard to earn enough money so that he could buy his first shotgun. He wants to go dove hunting and maybe join the school skeet team. I took him out to shoot over the weekend. He just started shooting shotguns this spring-his 4th or 5th time out. He's doing pretty good. I'm proud of him.

https://youtu.be/w3YGoXsb9Lw
Posted By: fuzzytail Re: New shotgun. - 04/13/21
Love to see kids shoot.... Nice job big boy.....
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: New shotgun. - 04/13/21
Good times with Dad.
Good skills, good memories. đź‘Ť
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: New shotgun. - 04/13/21
My 13 year old has beaten me at both skeet and trap the last few times we’ve shot. He shot 24 out if 25 on the trap range this past Saturday, beating me by one. He asked me “Daddy, are you tryin?” We both knew that he would outshoot me someday. I just didn’t think he would do so, so quickly. He is shooting a 70s era Remington 1100 with a 28” modified barrel. He absolutely loves it.

Bisque, keep you boy shooting. He may want to consider joining a 4-H shooting team. 4-H is a great organization that produces good shooters and even better kids. smile
Posted By: jaguartx Re: New shotgun. - 04/13/21
Yep. Im wondering why boys arent shooting by age 9-10.,
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: New shotgun. - 04/13/21
Always good to get kids involved with shooting sports, hunting, and fishing.
Posted By: Bosque Re: New shotgun. - 04/13/21
Jaguar, in my sons case, he's been shooting since he could hold his Red Ryder up..just not shotguns. He could use a rest with a rifle. Shotguns, not so much. They were a little heavy for him, but he's had a growth spurt this past year, so now he can handle one safely. Also,I never was much of a shotgunner until the past 4 years; so he's tagging along and picking it up.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: New shotgun. - 04/13/21
Awesomeness!
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: New shotgun. - 04/13/21
Good deal. My son and I have spent a lot of time shooting clays together. Great memories.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: New shotgun. - 04/13/21
If Brister is his last name, I'd suggest you start callin him "Bob". ;-{>8
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: New shotgun. - 04/13/21
how unlike the 'fire. A positive post that shows an important subject. smile
Posted By: MPat70 Re: New shotgun. - 04/14/21
Good job son..... Great job dadđź‘Ť
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: New shotgun. - 04/14/21
Yes sir!

Damn I was glad when he broke that last bird.
© 24hourcampfire