Home
Posted By: Clarkm Where were you when OJ walked? - 04/14/21
[Linked Image from s.abcnews.com]

I was at a start up.

All the young technicians cheered.
All the old engineers scowled.
I was the Command Duty Officer of one of the Naval Stations in Virginia Beach and I was floored when I looked around and every single black person cheered and every single white person was like how the hell did he get away with that? LOL.
Fort Meade VA , Sturgis SD
Probably riding around in 5% tinted windows, listening to Slayer, smoking a doobie. I remember it being a big deal, the OJ acquittal, but ya know...man sheiit
Posted By: RAS Re: Where were you when OJ walked? - 04/14/21
Wolverine, MI

Eating pizza in a little restaurant called the Dairy Barn. I couldn’t believe it.
Elementary school.
Have no idea, but regret every second I wasted watching that ratfukk, and all the other trials like it.
Still Remeber I was cleaning the back of cloth booths at a whataburger
Working on an oil spill in northern Russia. Trail started before I left but we had no communication with home. We got one ten minute Sat phone call a week. Got home in October after it was all over.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Have no idea, but regret every second I wasted watching that ratfukk, and all the other trials like it.

Yes, two minutes was too much.
EZ Mart getting gas, Clarence, Louisiana. Astounded at the verdict. Couldn't believe there wasn't even one person of integrity on that jury.
was at work.no surprise at all.once the trial went to los angeles i knew he would walk.jury of his peers.lmao
I'd never heard of Bruno Magli shoes before that flustercuck of a trial by jury.
Work chasing down crooks.
I was in a Steel Shop Inspecting Welding Fab. for a Hospital.
Watched it Live and the Owner of the shop made about 10K in bets from his workers.
Everyone bet OJ would go down and the Owner said No Way.
10K was a lot more money back then than it is now.
High school. The 3 or 4 black students were jumping up and down with joy. Everyone else just had a WTF look on their faces.

OJ threw his life away. My brother and I thought he was funny in the movies we saw him in. That scene in I think Major League where he’s all [bleep] up in the wheelchair and gets patted on the back at the stadium and rolls down the stairs and flies over the railing had us rewinding and rewatching the scene over and over again. He could have moved on from his ex and still had a good career and life. I feel sorry for his kids.
Driving a truck, somewhere.

And it wasn't popular in those circles.

Might not believe it, but truck drivers are some of the more
conservative and better informed people out there.

Nothing to do but listen to the radio and think.
Originally Posted by AKduck
Elementary school.

Me too
No idea. I had a life then, too.
High school
They announced it over the speaker’s and most people didn’t care to much.
Walking around the USAF museum in Dayton OH. I was in transit on my last set of PCS orders from NAS Whidbey to NAF Andrews. They came up and announced the verdict. I'd been living with no TV for 3 years and really had no clue, nor desire, to know much about the trial.
St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands, working on the Hurricane Marilyn environmental clean-up. Came back to the hotel to grab a beer and lay down for a couple hours before I had to start my second shift of the day. Saw the whole verdict live!
Van Leunan's was a discount department store chain in Cincinnati. They started a spinoff outdoor store, All Outdoors, that had a few locations around town. It had been the closest of its kind to me for about a decade or so. One was close by work, and I'd go there on my lunch hour. All Outdoors was in the process of liquidating, and I was trolling through for some last-minute bargains when the verdict came down. The staff had it on the TV up by the counter.
I don't even remember what year that was.
Same place I’m at right now, at work. I have freeloaders to support.
F&I manager in the car biz on the White Bear Ave. dealership strip.. SO glad I'm not in that any longer...
I dont remember where I was when he got aquitted but I do remember I was at the bar waiting for a table at a Carrabas Italian Grill in Fort Myers FL during the white Bronco chase. At least thats what I remember. Long time ago.
OJ spent a million, literally, to hire a law firm that specialized in jury selections. They carefully researched every person in the jury pool and used peremption to get someone on the jury who they knew would never vote to convict. It worked. They got a black woman on it who wouldn't have convicted him even if she'd personally witnessed the killing. He bought his way free.
Posted By: WAM Re: Where were you when OJ walked? - 04/14/21
Hired top lawyers and the prosecution dimwits were no match. I guess it’s not a crime to off a mudshark and heeb boy toy. I was sitting in a bar at Pearl Harbor watching the slow-fast road chase. The whole thing was a goat rodeo from the beginning.
at school...study hall, I remember they let us go to the library and watching it on the big screen
A juror admitted the verdict was all about payback.

Maher sucks but isn't wrong about this.

https://www.thewrap.com/oj-simpson-juror-not-guilty-verdict-was-payback-for-rodney-king/
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I was the Command Duty Officer of one of the Naval Stations in Virginia Beach and I was floored when I looked around and every single black person cheered and every single white person was like how the hell did he get away with that? LOL.

Same with me and the office I was managing. I said it the and continue to say it: Just like each one of us, OJ will still have to face the ultimate Judge and jury one day. And he won’t have the benefit of a sub-par judge and a star struck jury with a collective IQ of 6.
I was at home thanking God for answering my prayers.

I love OJ.
I was a young engineer about to fly out to a project, so I was sitting in the Salt Lake City airport. There were several overhead monitors on CNN when the verdict was announced. A collective gasp went up from everyone, except for the blacks! They were cheering, laughing, slapping each other on the back and a couple were even dancing. I was shocked. They taught me a powerful lesson that day; one never to be forgotten!
Taxiing for takeoff at College Station Texas airport in one of my favorite business jets ever(Learjet 25), when the air traffic controller uttered the words “NOT GUILTY!” over the radio. I about ran off the taxiway. Myself and the other pilot had been following the trial pretty closely and like others, we were shocked.
I was selling stone and working my azz off. It was clear to me that the SOB was guilty, but I knew that he'd get off simply because of Rodney King and he was an icon of the black folk and very rich. The trial was a schit show and a circus. It should have never been on TV. I wasn't surprised at all even though EVERYBODY knew he was guilty, even the black folk. If they had convicted him, they would have burned LA to the ground and they didn't want that to happen. He'll burn in Hell.
Who planted that glove, man I don’t care
I’m too busy running fingers through ya mama’s hair
I was at home in Los Angeles, watching on teevee. I had watched all the trial and was not surprised at all. I thought from the moment the trial was moved from Beverly Hills, where the murder occurred, to "downtown," that there was no way he'd be convicted. When the jury was selected, that reinforced my opinion.

Plus, the two prosecuting attorneys were incompetent to begin with. A total farce.

L.W.
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I was at home in Los Angeles, watching on teevee. I had watched all the trial and was not surprised at all. I thought from the moment the trial was moved from Beverly Hills, where the murder occurred, to "downtown," that there was no way he'd be convicted. When the jury was selected, that reinforced my opinion.

Plus, the two prosecuting attorneys were incompetent to begin with. A total farce.

L.W.

Clark clearly walked into a gunfight unarmed....
Hanging doors on a project in Bass Lake California. Music radio station I was listening to broke in to announce the verdict. Wasn't surprised in the least..
On Garey Ave in Pomona, CA. We had just finished a short block of fire prevention inspections and were discussing what was left of the afternoon and were we going to cook or just get a pizza. I can't remember a more dejected looking group of firemen where someone wasn't seriously injured or killed.
Key Largo.

I was preoccupied with trying to make mothers out of whores.

I was working in Southern California not far from the riots
Dont remember & dont really give a flying [bleep]. Probably at work, but depending on the date may have been in the hospital.
Probably delivering a lecture to a college algebra class.
I was working overseeing the electrical part of construction at a dam and doing startup, working at least 10hrs/day and still on night call. You all know. Just doing my “white privilege duties” of working a job, raising a family, and paying taxes so those that were too lazy didn’t have to.
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

Floored? Even by then, you didn't realize things were as they were?
I was at work like most people on here.
I was working in a clients office, in general the black people smiled and cheered and the white people were shocked and stunned.
Sitting in my 5.0 on Northlake Blvd in Palm Bch County listening to the verdict w/my GF.
In my office, trying to get all paper work caught up, getting ready for a week off for the deer season and sagehen opener.

I still maintain that that day in October was the day the race "wokeness" as we now call it started.
I was in a public gym working out with a black friend who told me that oj was guilty as hell and he got pissed. I agreed with him.
On the commode.
© 24hourcampfire