Home
Posted By: TLB2 RIP Maggie you will be missed - 04/14/21
Lost my 13 year old Border Collie mix Maggie.
Couldn’t find here since Sunday night. Found her in the thicket behind house this morning after looking every day for her.

She will be dearly missed. Best companion a man could want. Not sure if a snake got her or old age

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I'm sorry to hear that... Dogs are very special animals.. smile
Posted By: KFWA Re: RIP Maggie you will be missed - 04/14/21
hate to hear it

13 years was a good life though. Just you posting your loss shows the positive impact the dog had in your life.
RIP, Good Girl !
13 years was a good run.

Endless pastures are Maggie’s from now on.

🦫
Sorry for your loss. They are family.
Rick
Sorry you lost Maggie. It's good that you found her after she came up missing as you can have some closure and give her a proper burial. I truly understand your lose though!
Man this sucks. Sorry for your loss
Hate to see this!

Good girl, Maggie!
only a dog lover will understand this thread
Sorry for your loss.
Sorry to hear that! They are family, and just as hard to lose.
Sorry for your loss! But yes a good run!
Sorry for your loss
It is hard to lose a friend
I like to think she did you one last favor. Putting them down is heartbreaking...
Sorry man. Lost 2 in a year and got a 14 year old. I understand the suck.
Condolences. Our Brittany died in his kennel last summer so I know how much it sucks.
Sorry to hear you lost your Pal.

Good Girl Maggie, good girl.
Posted By: TLB2 Re: RIP Maggie you will be missed - 04/14/21
I got her when she was 6 weeks old. That morning I had buried my 10 year old lab. I went to work and a lady came in with a basket full of puppies. I picked the one that was the calmest. She outlived all her siblings by 5 years or so.

Maggie I will see you again someday on the other side
Posted By: CCCC Re: RIP Maggie you will be missed - 04/14/21
Dogs, wonderful dogs. This can be a heartbreaker - feeling for you - hang in there as it will be better as the days and months pass. Good dog, Maggie.
Losing a family member is rough and they are family.
RIP Maggie, I'm glad you found her.
Sorry to hear this. It's very painful to lose a trusted member of your family. Lost my 16+ YO miniature schnauzer, Rigby, a month ago.

Sorry for your loss.
I’m sorry OP, she’s with my Casey now.
I’m so sorry for your loss. Hasbeen
SUCKS! Sorry to hear about this.
Sorry to hear about Maggie.Tears out a piece of your heart.
Sorry to hear
The complete unconditional love of a dog is unsurpassed by any human connection. Dogs are an extension of us and their end is a difficult time, as i type this I have a heated massaging lumbar support on my office chair, that you all would say is a decker Rat Terrier, but to me is as important as any human.
Sorry to hear this. Loosing a pet is a rough go.
Wishing you the best.
Sorry for yor loss, TLB2.

She's running free now.
Posted By: DMc Re: RIP Maggie you will be missed - 04/14/21
This really sucks. Truly sorry for your loss.
They say dogs don't go to heaven.

I say they are liars.

Sorry about your loss. Remember all the good times you had together. They'll bring smiles to your face, once again, in the future.
Sorry to hear about Maggie. 13 years is a pretty good run
Sorry to hear about your dog.
All of us that have dogs in our life know how you feel right now.

Dogs and man.

2 species that evolved together on this planet.

God....
Whatever his purpose is.
Made it happen that way on purpose for man and dog to share life.
Condolences, looks like a sweet girl..

Mike
Originally Posted by TLB2
Couldn’t find here since Sunday night. Found her in the thicket behind house this morning after looking every day for her.

She will be dearly missed. Best companion a man could want. Not sure if a snake got her or old age

sorry to hear that man.......

I walk past my Jack's' grave every morning.......

and say 'morning Jack'

Time will heal......
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by TLB2

sorry to hear that man.......

I walk past my Jack's' grave every morning.......

and say 'morning Jack'

Time will heal......

Walk past my north star facing dogs every night taking Blackjack out before bed.
Talk to em all.
Tell em they are good dogs.
Rock Star dogs.

And you are right time heals the hurt.

To the OP lots of us on here feel for ya man.
We really do.
Sorry for your loss, not all Angel's have wings, some have 4 paws 🙏

My Golden Retriever 'Jack' is on a local canyon wall

Think of him every time I go past him..........RIP buddy.....

again........time heals

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Life is better for having them, but losing them is damn tough.
I am sorry to hear of the loss, but be happy for the 13 year run that you had. Amazing!
Sorry about your loss. I can relate. Lost my lab the Monday before Thanksgiving. He didn't quite make 10 years. Had cancer.
Your photo reminds me of the best dog I ever had, the heeler mutt in my avatar. Dogs are a gift to us.
Sorry for your loss! Friday will be a year since I lost my little Boston terrier, miss her every day.
Remember them for what they are; the best buddies most of us will likely ever have. I have 3 at the house now, and they're the best retarded, loving dopes you could ever want.
Where did our 13 years go, my graying friend, my love? How unfairly fast the time has come when your body can't obey your great, great heart. No matter Maggie, we were young together and knew what life was all about. Let's turn back now and build a fire and take a little nap."

Gene Hill
Maggie is a beautiful doggie. You will see her again.

Good girl Maggie
Beautiful buddy. Sorry for your loss.

WS
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Where did our 13 years go, my graying friend, my love? How unfairly fast the time has come when your body can't obey your great, great heart. No matter Maggie, we were young together and knew what life was all about. Let's turn back now and build a fire and take a little nap."

Gene Hill

How poignant.
Get another. I'm sure one will come your way. Be Well, RZ.
Over the rainbow bridge, their time with us is always too short. My BRT ( Black Russian Terrier) Layla, is 9+ years, their life span is 10 to 11.. Dreading the day.
"Where did our 13 years go, my graying friend, my love? How unfairly fast the time has come when your body can't obey your great, great heart. No matter Maggie, we were young together and knew what life was all about. Let's turn back now and build a fire and take a little nap."

That is so poignant. I can't read it without crying.

These threads are so hard to read. I just started another journey with Gabby a week and a half ago. She'll be 9 weeks old tomorrow. You have my heartfelt condolences.

Good girl Maggie, good girl.
Originally Posted by Beaver10
13 years was a good run.

Endless pastures are Maggie’s from now on.

🦫

I'll echo Beaver on this one. Dogs are much better people than people are. May you be blessed to see her again.
"Walk past my north star facing dogs every night taking Blackjack out before bed.
Talk to em all.
Tell em they are good dogs."

That is really weird. I walk past my Sparky and my Cookie every day. And both of them are facing the north star. I never thought about that before.
sorry for you're loss.been there done that 3 times.it can truly devastate people,truly mans best friend.
Sorry for your loss, so painful. Dogs do so easily what so many people struggle to do.
Good girl, Maggie. Rest now. Good girl.
Originally Posted by Redneck
I'm sorry to hear that... Dogs are very special animals.. smile

Got a lot more use for most dogs than I have for a lot of people....
Someone at work mentioned this song to me just the other day. Big Stapleton fan, but had never heard it before. Just listened. Think it might fit here.

I wish I were half as good a person as my dogs think I am......

Sorry for your loss TLB2.
Posted By: TLB2 Re: RIP Maggie you will be missed - 04/16/21
Originally Posted by DaveR
Someone at work mentioned this song to me just the other day. Big Stapleton fan, but had never heard it before. Just listened. Think it might fit here.

Thanks Dave
Sorry to hear about Maggie.

THE PATH BEYOND THE BEND

Have you ever walked along a path
And looked ahead of you
To where the road turned suddenly
And seemed lost awhile from view?

Think of your dear one living still
Where the road goes on without end
It is only WE who do not see
The path beyond the bend

From a greeting card