Home
No charges for police officer who shot Ashli Babbitt at Capitol riot
Josh K. Elliott 3 hrs ago

a woman wearing sunglasses driving a car: Ashli Babbitt is shown in this Feb. 24, 2020 image from her Twitter account.© Ashley Babbitt/Twitter Ashli Babbitt is shown in this Feb. 24, 2020 image from her Twitter account.
A police officer will not face charges for fatally shooting Ashli Babbitt during the U.S. Capitol attack on Jan. 6, Justice Department officials said Wednesday.

Federal prosecutors said there was not enough evidence to support criminal prosecution against the officer, who has not been publicly identified.

“The investigation revealed no evidence to establish that, at the time the officer fired a single shot at Ms. Babbitt, the officer did not reasonably believe that it was necessary to do so in self-defence or in defence of the Members of Congress and others evacuating the House Chamber,” the U.S. Attorney's Office for D.C. said in a statement.
Still wondering why this guy hasn't been ID'ed.
I immediately thought the same thing when I read the article earlier. He's lucky he shot a white girl.
Originally Posted by Partsman

“The investigation revealed no evidence to establish that, at the time the officer fired a single shot at Ms. Babbitt, the officer did not reasonably believe that it was necessary to do so in self-defence or in defence of the Members of Congress and others evacuating the House Chamber,” the U.S. Attorney's Office for D.C. said in a statement.

Oh no. Of course not. She stands next to three cops who feel perfectly safe while a fourth cop takes aim for five or ten seconds from 25 feet away and squeezes off a shot at her. Murder is excused.

Meanwhile a black wanted felon, resisting arrest, gets accidentally shot by a female cop and the cop, the police chief, and the city manager all get fired.

We have had a coup and don't even know it.
So i wasn’t the only one appalled. Not surprised, mind you; just appalled.
No evidence that the shooter did not reasonably believe it was necessary. That is today's standard for police shooting whites.

Must have been the standard they used to shoot Lavoy in the back while his hands were in the air.

That evidence used to be the fact that person being shot wasn't holding a weapon.

Bb
Such a stark contrast to the recent MN shooting. Yes, obvious I do realize.
This is why Nancy and AOC keep saying they were going to be killed. Have to keep that life threatening aspect out there
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
No evidence that the shooter did not reasonably believe it was necessary. That is today's standard for police shooting whites.

Bb

And there's no evidence that Chauvin "did not reasonably believe" it was necessary to off Floyd the Groid.

I guess you're allowed to kill people if you reasonably believed it was necessary.
White Lives (Don't) Matter
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Bb

And there's no evidence that Chauvin "did not reasonably believe" it was necessary to off Floyd the Groid.

I guess you're allowed to kill people if you reasonably believed it was necessary.

Retard, your head up your @ss? Chauvin did not kill Floyd. Google it.
© 24hourcampfire