Home
My Dad fought in Korea, but not this God awful battle.

A two war hero comes home. Welcome home Pvt. Walter Snead.

https://wnyt.com/news/private-walte...-found-after-70-years/6074334/?cat=10114
Glad to see that. Some day maybe a few of my buddies will come home.
The results from some of the big battles or being an aviator.
Yes.
Got chill's reading this, love the stories of troops coming home to rest. Glad he had a family member alive to witness such a great honorable recovery πŸ‘πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
My grandfather fought there as well. He never spoke about his time in Korea. Passed away last summer and is now buried in Saratoga County, NY.
There are 7800 MIA's still unaccounted for in the Korean War. That was a three year war. There are 1250 MIA's unaccounted for in the Vietnam War. That war officially lasted 20 years. Just putting things in perspective, by the numbers only. The Norks must be holding on to a lot of American remains.
Originally Posted by ejo
My grandfather fought there as well. He never spoke about his time in Korea. Passed away last summer and is now buried in Saratoga County, NY.

I have been to several funerals at Saratoga National Cemetery. The place is solemn and awe inspiring, yet beautiful at the same time. It is only a few miles from my house. I have taken my grandson there every Memorial Day since he was 5 years old to show him the actual "price" of freedom. He is 19 now and has great respect for all Veterans.
Welcome home Great Warrior, Rest in Peace.
Had two Uncles who were there. Somehow they both made it home, but my dad said they were never the same. Very understandable.
RIP Soldier

🦫
I had 3 uncles (brothers) that served in Korea.....one was pretty severely wounded, the youngest of the three. Nearly lost his leg at thigh.....very lucky compared to the others involved in their ambush!

I wish that all of those lost in foreign wars could be brought back home! memtb
Rest peacefully, soldier brave.
My Father in laws brother was KIA at Outpost Harry right at the end of the war. My Mother in law still says to this day when it comes up that the family was extremely grateful to be able to get him back home. My Father in law won't talk about it.

Closure can be worth more than all the money in the world.

RIP good sir.
Β© 24hourcampfire