Home
Whoa.........How things change. It wasn't all that long ago that Nebraska was resistant to CCW and truly embracing 2A rights.

Maybe they are finally recognizing the enemy as the enemy.
Nice fugging job Nebraska!
Bravo! ๐Ÿ‘
What a go, Huskers.

DF
Congrats Nebraska!
Yeahhhhhh
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
Yesssssssssssssssss!!!!!
Good News
America used to be a 2nd amendment sanctuary country.
Sweet.
[Linked Image from gray-wowt-prod.cdn.arcpublishing.com]
That rocks.
Is Sasse going to get his pity panties in a knot??
Congrats Huskers!!
So for Nebraskans only?
Originally Posted by deltakid
Is Sasse going to get his pity panties in a knot??

Sisse is one oozing, sad sack of chit.
Way to go Nebraska. Bravo, hooah, semper fi ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
Well done.
That is sweet news!

I'm happy for my Nebraska friends.

๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

OK.
Here's the Lord's command to His disciples.

"Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough."
Luke 22

My 2 cents.......Since Jesus wasn't going to rule on earth until his second coming to the earth, there would be plenty of violence and murder. He gave us the right to self defense.
It was more important that He fulfill the prophecies, like, "And he was reckoned among the transgressors:"...the rest is in the link in my sig, not SIG, but signature. Lol.

BTW, Swords would be the chief small weapon of that day. Specifically the machete length short swords, machaira, of only a pound and a half. We are talking a light handgun weight........

How many of your pastors and priests have taught that as a sermon topic?
But I digress.
Congratulations Nebraska!
Now christians, lets pray for the same God-given rights be done in all states.

https://military.wikia.org/wiki/Makhaira
Does this affect only future Federal legislation or is this going to nullify all Federal firearms legislation including existing?

Or is it going to be a pick-n-choose deal?
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
That rocks.

Donโ€™t get all giggly over this as Nebraska isnโ€™t as sanctuary as it sounds.

Article I-1 wasnโ€™t worded like that until 1988. The citizens of the state forced a ballot measure to amend that article after 2 tryโ€™s it got on the ballot and passed.

1992 Nebraska implemented the Handgun Purchase Certificate in response to the looming Brady Bill. As soon as this passed Lincoln and Omaha started registering with police every handgun sold no matter what county you resided in for a permanent data base. Omaha took it even farther and registered all handguns and long guns sold and still do to this day.

It took 14 years to get the CHP passed. It is not a CCW as it does not cover anything other than a handgun. No knives with a blade over 3โ€, no blackjacks etc. Just a handgun.

The Nebraska Supreme Court threw a monkey wrench at us when it ruled that without a CHP you couldnโ€™t travel with a firearm in a car unless it was in a locked case away from all passengers, or that it was unloaded and 100% visible. Down side to this ruling was that now you could get popped for illegal concealed carry of a filet knife in your tackle box if it was in the cargo compartment of your Bronco.

You canโ€™t drive around with a loaded AR or Shotgun for self defense. While not covered per se in the normal regs. It is found in Game law which states that itโ€™s a misdemeanor to have a loaded long gun in the vehicle while traveling on any public road or Highway unless you were a legitimate farmer or rancher using it for pest control.

Thereโ€™s some other quirks, but you get the point. The state didnโ€™t agree with that wording in I-1 at all, didnโ€™t want it, but the citizens forced it down their throats at the ballot box. Ricketts is just grandstanding.
Depending on how serious Biden is about gun control, he can cut funding to those states which don't enforce federal law. If he does that, we will see how serious these states are about the 2nd amendment. Reagan did it to states which decriminalized marijuana and they reversed their stance.
One more ๐Ÿ˜Š
The governor's proclamation doesn't carry the weight of actual legislation signed into law, Ricketts is grandstanding but I'm Ok with that.
Let me know when they arrest federal agents who were trying to enforce a federal firearms law.

Let me know when people in NE buy guns at retail without going through a NICS check.
seems like it is only a santuary if you are a resident of NE
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Let me know when they arrest federal agents who were trying to enforce a federal firearms law.

Let me know when people in NB buy guns at retail without going through a NICS check.

Since 1993. The Handgun purchase card bypassed Failed Bureau of Instigation NICS for 3 years for handguns, long guns deferred to feds. Dealer can call NICS for a long gun but is discretionary with Purchase permit.

2006 CHP bypasses NICS for 5 years. Handguns bought under CHP cannot be registered by (which is done by the dealer without your knowledge) Lincoln or Omaha police for any reason. Long guns are the same as Purchase Permit but 99% of dealers donโ€™t call NICS for any purchase under the CHP.

๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Originally Posted by Squidge
[Linked Image from gray-wowt-prod.cdn.arcpublishing.com]

I wonder if I send our pole smokin governor a copy of that document if he would adopt something similar for our state?

I know the answer, but I would love to hear his BS reasoning!!

Elk Country
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Let me know when people in NB buy guns at retail without going through a NICS check.

Since 1993. The Handgun purchase card bypassed Failed Bureau of Instigation NICS for 3 years for handguns, long guns deferred to feds. Dealer can call NICS for a long gun but is discretionary with Purchase permit.

2006 CHP bypasses NICS for 5 years. Handguns bought under CHP cannot be registered by (which is done by the dealer without your knowledge) Lincoln or Omaha police for any reason. Long guns are the same as Purchase Permit but 99% of dealers donโ€™t call NICS for any purchase under the CHP.

๐Ÿ˜ƒ
That's better. But how about Constitutional Carry and no checks?
Originally Posted by Swifty52

๐Ÿ˜ƒ
That's better. But how about Constitutional Carry and no checks?

Well as far as no checks you have to get rid of Brady on the federal level, Good luck with that.
Constitutional carry is being worked on, but not likely. Then again it really depends on your definition.
Open carry has always been legal, concealed was there under the prudent person defense. Also the state supremes decided that if any part was visible to normal observation it wasnโ€™t concealed. In other words 100% covered. So you had a couple of outs.
ยฉ 24hourcampfire