Home
Posted By: jackmountain Life Coach. - 04/19/21
Anyone here admit to using one?
I just heard about this today. From someone I had (a small amount of) respect for. Guy is a respected CFP, only deals with clients in the Million + to invest crowd. Apparently relies on this guy to tell him how to wipe his ass. Guy advises him on every aspect of his personal life and business. Pays him big $$. “Coach” has never ran a successful business other than bilking idiots like this guy.
Just when you think you’ve heard it all, someone decides to open up and unabashedly tell you some pathetic scheit like this.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Life Coach. - 04/19/21
Its a badge of honor these days to be afflicted in some way or another.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Life Coach. - 04/19/21
I have a Life Coach.

He wears a big purple helmet... and has gotten me in a lot of trouble over the years.
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Life Coach. - 04/19/21
I met a woman once who claimed to be one, a trust funder liberal idiot.
Anyone who hired her probably deserved it.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Life Coach. - 04/19/21
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I have a Life Coach.

He wears a big purple helmet... and has gotten me in a lot of trouble over the years.

LMAO! Old man always said listen to big head, not little head.
Posted By: diamondjim Re: Life Coach. - 04/19/21
I have one. My wife........thing is she keeps pissing me off.

She's right more often than not.......
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Life Coach. - 04/19/21
Originally Posted by diamondjim
I have one. My wife........thing is she keeps pissing me off.

She's right more often than not.......

Mine is normally right. I get hot headed quick and she’s the one who always talks me off the ledge. Level headed woman.
Posted By: ShortMagFan Re: Life Coach. - 04/19/21
I know plenty of big time executives that have an Executive Coach. But that’s different. Being the CEO of a massive enterprise can be pretty lonely sometimes so I kind of get it in that situation

But a life coach for a guy trying to manage money for anyone with $1m? No way
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Life Coach. - 04/19/21
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
I know plenty of big time executives that have an Executive Coach. But that’s different. Being the CEO of a massive enterprise can be pretty lonely sometimes so I kind of get it in that situation

Kind of like the irony of Wall Street... the only place in the world where people who ride in limousines get financial advice from people who ride the subway.
Posted By: EdM Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
I spent the better part of my career life coaching engineers, personally and professionally. I am thankful that they were sharp and more than willing to listen and learn.
Posted By: ShortMagFan Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan

Kind of like the irony of Wall Street... the only place in the world where people who ride in limousines get financial advice from people who ride the subway.

Yep. I used to work on Wall Street and always found that odd
Posted By: smokepole Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I have a Life Coach.

That ain't your coach, it's your team owner......
Posted By: Dutch Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I just heard about this today. From someone I had (a small amount of) respect for. Guy is a respected CFP, only deals with clients in the Million + to invest crowd. Apparently relies on this guy to tell him how to wipe his ass. Guy advises him on every aspect of his personal life and business. Pays him big $$. “Coach” has never ran a successful business other than bilking idiots like this guy.
Just when you think you’ve heard it all, someone decides to open up and unabashedly tell you some pathetic scheit like this.

I used to be one... tended bar in college.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
Lol, Sounds to me like the "Coach" is pretty successful.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
Originally Posted by EdM
I spent the better part of my career life coaching engineers, personally and professionally. I am thankful that they were sharp and more than willing to listen and learn.

Not a personal mentor, actual paid position. Advises on good, except use, family obligation/parenting/spousal duties along with business advice. Pays the guy 20k a year.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
What in heck is a Life Coach? Sounds like someone needs to get outside more.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
Wife runs a C-store.
Life coach is one of those duties not on the list.
Along with parent, financial and relationship advisor.

Imagine letting a dipschidt manage your milion$ when he
cant decide between the red Ferrari or the yellow Lambo.
So he bought the black Vulva.
Posted By: 5spd Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
I've seen life coaches several years back when I dated a woman who had one.
I didn't know that she talked/ told her everything we did and when she finally told me after a bit I said goodbye.
She was being told by her coach I was bad because I hunted, had firearms, did what I wanted when I wanted, was up front in my talking, took no bull crap and told her a life coach sounded like a Nigerian scam.
This so called life coach and her other pal also a life coach was a joke, never had a real jobs, got their so called training
from some church the were part of.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
I'm a life coach, but many of you are resistant to training.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
We're resistant to most everything.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I'm a life coach, but many of you are resistant to training.

Lol, try harder.....some of us have pretty thick heads....
Posted By: GregW Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
Originally Posted by EdM

Lol....
Posted By: smarquez Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
I kind of had to act like one on rare occasions at work but it was more accurately just dick washin'. I hated it.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
Originally Posted by High_Noon
We're resistant to most everything.

Those of you that are don't need life coaching.
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
99% of the time, people who have coach or consultant after their name for their profession, are people who didn't "Make It" in that profession, and they find gullible people to pay them how to be successful in the profession the coach or consultant did not "Make It" in.

Posted By: auk1124 Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
A lot of people do better in life with some form of oversight by a third party. If you hire a trainer or nutrition coach at a gym for example, what you are really paying for is the accountability. It keeps you on your toes and focused. And it helps control your negative impulses. Kinda hard to go to the Chinaman buffet if you know you are gonna be doing deadlifts the next morning with a bodybuilder.

I've never had a life coach but if I was wealthy enough to just piss money away hand over fist, i might hire one. Like most of us, I'm my own worst enemy.
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
Life coaches exist from the schools being overtaken by the communists, and teaching kids “It takes a village…”

They grew up “inside” on a computer, and never learned critical thinking from building crap while growing up as kids or tearing something apart and putting it back together.

Society is full of people now, even in the upper levels of corporate America, who have been raised to where they simply are incapable of making rational decisions.
Posted By: hotsoup Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
One of my daughters in law is a life coach. She has a BS and MS in psychology and is in a PHD program. She has her own office and staff and sees patients/clients daily. Financially, she does very well. I never heard of a "life coach" until she told me she was becoming one.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Dam did I find that funny.
And Noon summed up The 'fire perfectly.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
Originally Posted by jackmountain

I think you mis-spelled "couch"
I have a life couch that soothes my troubles...
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
I know how to eat, and exercise, I just don't
Posted By: hookeye Re: Life Coach. - 04/20/21
Life is a coach. Do stuff. Pay attention and you can figure it out.

Dont pay attention, and it gets expensive.

Some people refuse to pay attention.

Many refuse to accept responsibility for their decisions and actions.

Maybe hiring a coach eases some anxiety and allows them to focus on other.

Maybe some people are just twats.
Deflave is my coach!

I use him as my bad example.

Roger is my mentor.
But if I follow his footsteps,
my wife would shoot me.
Twice.
In the head.
One each.
Little one first!
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Life Coach. - 04/21/21