Home
Not enough votes says Dan Patrick....

Texas GOP Chair Allen West says Patrick hisself is trying to kill it.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pol...ss-texas-senate-lt-gov-dan-patrick-says/
Yup and just wait to see who our next gov will be!!!!!

Remember this is the same state that elected that ogre Ann Richards!
If Patrick want to kill it. nothing negative he says can be taken as truth.
and it does seem weird that all the way down from Minnesota i can carry concealed legally in every state tell i get to Texas , then i am no longer legal to carry concealed in Texas. that`s just foolish !
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Ann was semi palatable as gov until Slick Willy started running for pres, IIRC. Then she went total Dimocrat zombie, which really was a good thing if you look at it. She couldn't ever keep her mouth shut and when asked about passing concealed carry laws after the Killeen shooting, she told the press Texans were too stupid to carry guns. That was what really cost her the election as people were really pissed about the existing handgun laws and what happened at Luby's . Of course, if Claytie had kept his stupid mouth shut when talking to the liberal press, we might not have had Anne for guv.
I don’t think Texas is as conservative as Texans think it is.
She single handedly destroyed several state agencies. Namely State MentalHealth- Mental Retardation and TxDOT. Took 20 years but TxDOT did a fair job of recovering. But MH-MR was a thing of the past. Threw most of those folks right out on the streets. Was the start of the homeless problem in Austin.
Originally Posted by deflave

Thank you!!! Most are in denial!

This is true and with the huge influx of aliens Biden is letting across the border it is only matter of time until there are no conservative states.

Cruz defeated "Hell Yes I'm Going to Take Your AR's" Beto by only 214,000 votes, a margin of victory of only 2.6%.

Scary Stuff.
Originally Posted by louiethedrifter

This is true and with the huge influx of aliens Biden is letting across the border it is only matter of time until there are no conservative states.

So why hasn't Abbott called out the NG to close the border?

Seems like pretty standard stuff, but then I'm not a politician.
Originally Posted by Chisos

Ann was semi palatable as gov until Slick Willy started running for pres, IIRC. Then she went total Dimocrat zombie, which really was a good thing if you look at it. She couldn't ever keep her mouth shut and when asked about passing concealed carry laws after the Killeen shooting, she told the press Texans were too stupid to carry guns. That was what really cost her the election as people were really pissed about the existing handgun laws and what happened at Luby's . Of course, if Claytie had kept his stupid mouth shut when talking to the liberal press, we might not have had Anne for guv.

She fugged up everything should got her hands on from day 1.

Matthew McConaughey?
Originally Posted by steve4102

Cruz defeated "Hell Yes I'm Going to Take Your AR's" Beto by only 214,000 votes, a margin of victory of only 2.6%.

Scary Stuff.

Election stuff aside they just have a lot of... rules.

For lack of a better term. Lots of nanny state stuff.
In Texas the Lt. Governor is actually more powerful than the governor. It was the way the Dems created it after Reconstruction ended. It is also why the Texas governorship traditionally was occupied by political lightweights who didn’t have the power to get appointed/ elected US senator for Texas.

Lots of money to be collected from donors if they keep the current system in place. Not like NRA is going to primary the TX senate GOPers. Just look at the worthless vehicle inspection sticker scam that benefits a few GOP donors.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Matthew McConaughey?

You watch! Stupid phuquers will elect him! Bank on it.
Originally Posted by ccd
Just look at the worthless vehicle inspection sticker scam that benefits a few GOP donors.

Yes, now you pay two inspection fees!
Frogsnacks.

Scary Stuff.

Election stuff aside they just have a lot of... rules.

For lack of a better term. Lots of nanny state stuff.

Like the 30.06, 30.07 breakdown and the fact that TX is the only State in the Union that makes carrying into a Bar a Felony.

(((Certain people))) saw to that via wide open borders.

Because Abbott is a moderate that goes along to get along. He thinks he can run for President in 2024, ha ! He wouldn’t even have to use the NG to close the the border. He could use the Department of Public Safety to shut down every road and highway coming into Texas causing all commerce to stop on both sides.
and the fact that TX is the only State in the Union that makes carrying into a Bar a Felony.

Is this a fair characterization? Serious question. If I carry into a bar in Maryland or New Jersey would it not be a felony?
Our constitutional open or concealed carry goes into effect july 1.

Bout time....

shocked

eek

smirk

Because Abbott is a moderate that goes along to get along. He thinks he can run for President in 2024, ha ! He wouldn’t even have to use the NG to close the the border. He could use the Department of Public Safety to shut down every road and highway coming into Texas causing all commerce to stop on both sides.

And therein lies the rub.

The commercial interests don't want the border closed in that matter.

Shut down commerce like that and campaign donor dollars are no longer going to his campaign.
Originally Posted by RufusG
and the fact that TX is the only State in the Union that makes carrying into a Bar a Felony.

Is this a fair characterization? Serious question. If I carry into a bar in Maryland or New Jersey would it not be a felony?

It would seem not, in Maryland, if you have a permit from a State that has reciprocity and you are not under the influence:

Any place while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/basic-concealed-carry-laws-maryland/

New Jersey, seems to allow carry in bars:

Carry in bars/restaurants that serve alcohol? Yes.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/nj-gun-laws/#loc_res

Of course, once again you must have a permit from a State they recognize.
Interesting, would not have thought so, thanks!
Don't know the penalty, but not supposed to carry in Cali if it's just a bar

Any place with a primary purpose of dispensing alcoholic beverages for on-site consumption

but it's OK to carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol.

The deal is, there is no allowable BAC, so if one does have a drink one better hope they don't have to shoot someone.

I told you guys 5 days ago this would be the outcome.

Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
OK, what’s the prognosis for the Texas Senate, anyone know? 18 R - 13 D, is 18 votes enough to carry the day if they can all be had?

Three RINOs will vote with the commie dems, to keep the tyranny going.

"We'll get them next time" will be the forever bark that comes from these traitors.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...s-constitutional-carry-bill#Post15997764

Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
The bill passed final reading this morning and is headed to the Senate. Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (a Republican) is nominally opposed to this, so CALL your Texas state senator and lean on him to go against any roadblocks from the Lt. Gov.

If you'll remember, that commie fake RINO Patrick (He changed his last name and has filed BK before), when he was a Senator, he wanted to have a law passed that allowed members of the legislature to be able to carry where CHL holders could not.

Laws for me, and not for you. That right there proves he is a fake conservative commie little biatch.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...s-constitutional-carry-bill#Post16000527

Thank you!!! Most are in denial!

Texas will go the way of California and Arizona. The paperbag coloreds are out producing on a 9:1 ratio
Dan Patrick has never been a friend of the Second Amendment. After the first "mass shooting" he came out for gun control because "the gun was not legal because it was put together by the individual and couldn't be traced" or something equally as lame. He is from Pennsylvania and has never been comfortable with people owning firearms. He sings a good tune but he is a skunk of the first water. Abbott is in the same boat with him as he governs by whichever way he thinks the political wind blows.

The Austin news media knew that Ann Richards was a big doper and boozer going back to the 1960's and her hippy shenanigans around Austin. They deliberately withheld that from The People and snickered about it after she was elected.
Ann quit alcohol......'cept mornin', noon and night.

Matthew McConaughey?

I wouldn't bet against that. People are stupid enough to do it.
Alright alright alright
Originally Posted by pete53
and it does seem weird that all the way down from Minnesota i can carry concealed legally in every state tell i get to Texas , then i am no longer legal to carry concealed in Texas. that`s just foolish !

Way I read the law it is the other way around - Minnesota passed a law that said they would not recognize Texas or Missouri carry license. May be wrong but looks like that became law in Minnesota on August 1, 2015???

Don't get used to me saying it but you may be right - except I suspect it is more Transplanted Texans who are driving this than "home grown Texans".
Originally Posted by RL

Don't get used to me saying it but you may be right - except I suspect it is more Transplanted Texans who are driving this than "home grown Texans".

Home grown Texans?

You mean like the Comanche and Chiricahua?

Matthew McConaughey?

Early poll have him up double digits over Abbott.
Originally Posted by RL

Faux Texans.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by RL

Home grown Texans?

Yeah - whatever. I think some of the Chiricahua came in from Mexico, New Mexico and Arizona while Comanche were primarily Oklahoma, New Mexico and parts of Texas. Guess many of them were transplanted too??? Thank you for setting me straight though???👌
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by RL

Home grown Texans?

Yeah - whatever. I think some of the Chiricahua came in from Mexico, New Mexico and Arizona while Comanche were primarily Oklahoma, New Mexico and parts of Texas. Guess many of them were transplanted too??? Thank you for setting me straight though???👌

They all came from somewhere else.
Most apaches in Texas were Lipanos
And Comanches were relative newcomers.
Most apaches in Texas were Lipanos

They're all immigrants!

Oh, and there were no delineated borders..................so Texas might not have been Texas?
Bingo!
And Comanches were relative newcomers.

On the way to our place in S. Texas we cross an arroyo named Lipan Creek. Figure that has something to do with the Lipan Apaches but not really familiar with them. Before we sold it, we had a place just west of Palo Pinto that the Ioni Creek ran through. It was documented to be a known haunt of Quanah Parker and the Comanches. Used to find a few arrowheads, flint chips, and broken pottery after a big rain.
Originally Posted by RL

Way I read the law it is the other way around - Minnesota passed a law that said they would not recognize Texas or Missouri carry license. May be wrong but looks like that became law in Minnesota on August 1, 2015???

States that honor MN permit to carry.
AK, AL, AR, AZ, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, 2MI, MO, MS, MT, NE, NC, ND, NV, OH, OK, 2SC, SD, TN, UT, VA, VT, WI

States that MN honors
AR, DE, ID,6 IL, KS, KY, LA, MI, NJ, NM, ND, RI, SC, SD,8 WV Must be 21.
Originally Posted by RL

AK, AL, AR, AZ, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, 2MI, MO, MS, MT, NE, NC, ND, NV, OH, OK, 2SC, SD, TN, UT, VA, VT, WI

States that MN honors

Interesting, FLA is not in there.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by RL

States that MN honors

All a person should have to carry anywhere, is the 2nd Amendment.

Keep and Bear Arms....
Reading stuff like this, it still amazes me that Balkanization doesn’t get any legs.

Heck I can carry until I get to MN.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by RL

States that MN honors

All a person should have to carry anywhere, is the 2nd Amendment.

Keep and Bear Arms....

Barry, your comment is all the "common sense" firearm control conversation needed!

Done!
Lol.... Some people spend hours every day splitting hairs just to sound intelligent and to boost their internet image. laugh

Everyone who settled in new territories typically came from somewhere else from the east coast westward.
Originally Posted by RL

States that MN honors

Neither is Wyoming...WTF?
In what places is a person prohibited by state law from carrying a firearm?
State law prohibits the carrying of certain types of firearms in certain places.

Starts on page (3)

https://www.tmcec.com/files/3014/6592/8646/00_-_Houston_BINDER_Guns_and_Texas.pdf

A person commits a third degree felony if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with any firearm:
After Constitutional Carry passed with strong bipartisan support in the Texas House, Republicans in the Senate are trying to lower expectations on the bill passing and may even be working to outright kill it!

According to Lt. Governor Dan Patrick, who oversees the Texas Senate, “Constitutional Carry doesn’t have the votes.”1

This is a lame attempt by a weak leader to shift responsibility off himself for Constitutional Carry dying under his watch.

As anyone in a leadership role understands, and to anyone paying attention to Texas politics, the buck stops with Dan Patrick!

We can’t allow his excuse-making to ruin our best opportunity to make Texas the next Constitutional Carry state.

It’s time to double down our pressure.

So please call Lt. Governor Dan Patrick at (512) 463-0001, and encourage him to bring HB 1927 to the Senate floor for a vote RIGHT AWAY.

Houston Chronicle

Robert, don’t let him fool you.

Patrick has the power to whip his Republican Senators in line to bring Constitutional Carry legislation to the Senate floor.

For example, Senator Joan Huffman is widely speculated as being one of the Republican defectors on Constitutional Carry -- yet Lt. Gov. Patrick is protecting her and even appointed her as Chair and Vice Chair to three important Senate Committees.

That means Patrick can strip her of her power if she refuses to allow Constitutional Carry to the floor for a vote, which is a top priority of the Republican Party of Texas.

Then there is Senator Drew Springer, who publicly opposed Constitutional Carry as a member of the Texas House.

Of course, as soon as he decided to run for Senate last fall, he came out with strong support of Constitutional Carry after his opponent Shelley Luther made it a top campaign priority.

But now that Springer is safely in office, his staff is telling constituents that he does NOT support Constitutional Carry (HB 1927).

You can’t make this stuff up!

Finally, we have Senator Kel Seliger.

According to the Texas Tribune, Seliger stated “it was too early to say whether he would block the bill from coming to the floor or vote against it if it made it to the floor.”2

Of course, Patrick appointed Seliger as Vice Chair of the important Senate Transportation Committee and represents a district that voted 78% in favor of President Trump.

There is no reason the Lt. Governor can’t bring these Republican Senators in line and in support of Constitutional Carry.

That’s why it is critical you call Dan Patrick at (512) 463-0001, and tell him to get HB 1927 to the Senate floor immediately!

Robert, rumors swirling in the Capitol suggested that Patrick was drumming up big-city law enforcement opposition to HB 1927 -- before it was voted out of the Texas House.

He hoped this opposition would kill the bill before getting to the Senate so he and his colleagues wouldn’t have to deal with it.

But now that Constitutional Carry made its way to the Senate, Lt. Governor Dan Patrick is publicly inviting anti-gun, big city police chiefs and the establishment gun lobby to the table to discuss a “compromise” on Constitutional Carry.

In his own words, he wants to “find a path that a majority of senators will vote to pass.”

But what Dan Patrick MUST realize is pro-gun Texans are sick and tired of establishment Republicans killing Constitutional Carry for the past decade.

And pro-gun Texans won’t accept anything less than Constitutional Carry in 2021!

That's why it's critical you call Dan Patrick and encourage him to take up HB 1927 right away.

Seven Democrats bucked their party and voted for Constitutional Carry HB 1927 in the Texas House.

There is absolutely no excuse any Republican in the Texas Senate should oppose this pro-gun measure.

If Constitutional Carry dies in the Texas Senate, it comes solely at the hands of Dan Patrick and his weak-kneed counterparts.

That means it's time to double down on our pressure.
America should be Nation wide carry conceal /open because we are a free Republic of America ! i still have hope for Texas. >> its those cheat`n lie`n left wing Liberals that we all need to be rid of in all states some way some how. we should live by these few words in America > REMEMBER THE ALAMO !
America should be Nation wide carry conceal /open because we are a free Republic of America ! i still have hope for Texas. >> its those cheat`n lie`n left wing Liberals that we all need to be rid of in all states some way some how. we should live by these few words in America > REMEMBER THE ALAMO !

Agree 100%. By the way - you are welcome to carry on our place in South Texas. In fact it is recommended...

the problem with Texas and any other conservative leaning state is cities. people get sick of all the BS in their own state and move to conservative states cities and take what they hate with them. one rotten apple or potatoe in a bag soon spoil's all they contact.
I called Lt. Gov. Patrick's office yesterday and sent messages to him and Gov. Abbott, tell all your friends to put maximum pressure on Lt. Gov. Patrick.
I called Lt. Gov. Patrick's office yesterday and sent messages to him and Gov. Abbott, tell all your friends to put maximum pressure on Lt. Gov. Patrick.

My Wife and I did the same today.

Jim
Probably a waste of time but I contacted DP to do everything in his power to help pass CC.
The Texas Lieutenant Governor Message Line: (512) 463-5342
The Texas Lieutenant Governor Office Line: (512) 463-0001

Keep calling. Patrick needs to feel some heat.
Called Mr. Patrick.
Keep that phone ringing.
Called his office and message line on Friday.

Folks need to call Springer and Seliger, as well.

Definitely, & not very far from turning BLUE as the liberal base there grows.

Texas might be BLUE in the next POTUS election.

MM
I sent Lt. Gov. Patrick a message while ago, I'm calling his office in a few minutes (512-463-0001):

Lt Gov Patrick,

Even Louisiana is getting constitutional carry legislation passed this year. Montana/Utah/Tennessee/Iowa, and now Louisiana will surpass Texas in restoring their citizens their true constitutional RIGHT, while Texas continues to abuse it's citizens by relegating their right into a privilege by a power-hungry state government. SHAME ON YOU!!! It's YOUR DUTY to force the issue and make those cowardly REPUBLICANS vote 'FOR' HB 1927.

U.S.A. –-(AmmoLand.com)- Louisiana is in play to pass a Constitutional Carry bill in 2021. SB 118 has passed a crucial Senate Committee. It is scheduled to go to the floor of the Senate on 21 April 2021. It seems likely to pass the Senate.

Louisiana has a population of about 4.7 million people. Arizona has a population of about 7.3 million people. Less than 5,000 dedicated activists were able to effectively lobby for Constitutional Carry in Arizona in 2010. It should be easier to pass Constitutional Carry through the legislature in Louisiana, in 2021.

There is support for a version of Constitutional Carry among Louisiana peace officers. From Ouishitacitizen.com:

West Monroe Police Chief Jeff Terrell said he was personally in support of the legislation.

“Based on my reading of the Constitution, it says you can keep and bear arms,” Terrell said. “The founders made it clear. Restrictions don’t hurt anyone but law-abiding citizens. When you look at it, the people that are not going to follow the law, are criminals. They’re going to carry whether the law says they can or cannot.”

Lt Gov Patrick - it is your DUTY and OBLIGATION to restore our RIGHT!!! To hell with the far-Left Democrap police chiefs and their staff in Austin/Houston/Dallas/San Antonio, they've never been friends of the Constitution.

PASS THIS LEGISLATION!!!

Gonehuntin
Some real shady schitt going on in the Senate:

https://texasscorecard.com/state/senate-files-a-new-constitutional-carry-bill-after-public-pressure/

Senate Files New Constitutional Carry Bill After Public Pressure

By Jeramy Kitchen April 22, 2021

With pressure building to pass a constitutional carry bill, new legislation has been filed in the Senate to do exactly that.

State Sen. Charles Schwertner filed SB 2224 on Thursday. Almost immediately, the bill was referred to the Senate Administration Committee—which happens to be chaired by Schwertner. Notably, a similar constitutional carry bill authored by State Sen. Drew Springer (R–Muenster) was filed in early February, referred to the Senate State Affairs Committee in early March, but has not yet been scheduled for a public hearing.

Markedly, the House passed its version of constitutional carry last week in House Bill 1927 by State Rep. Matt Schaefer (R–Tyler). Since then, it has been unclear whether it would even get a hearing in the Senate, as the majority of senators had been relatively silent on the subject.

Constitutional carry is a legislative priority of the Republican Party of Texas.

On Monday, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said, “If we have the votes to pass a permitless carry bill off the Senate floor, I will move it.” He went on to say, “At this point, we don’t have the votes on the floor to pass it. I plan to meet with law enforcement who oppose permitless carry and with the NRA [National Rifle Association] and GOA [Gun Owners of America] who support it to see if we can find a path that a majority of senators will vote to pass.”

The Senate requires 18 votes to pass a bill in the 31-member Senate. There are currently 18 Republican senators; barring a Democrat senator coming out in favor of the policy, the issue would need the support of all Republican senators.

Last week, State Sen. Kel Seliger (R–Amarillo) made headlines by suggesting he had reservations about the policy. In an interview with The Texas Tribune, he said, “My office is still researching the issue” and that the “system we have now works.”

Thus far, it is unclear why a bill was suddenly and conspicuously filed after the bill-filing deadline of March 12, when the Senate could have either acted on the constitutional carry bill passed by the House or taken up the bill filed by Springer. The only senators to have come out in support of constitutional carry so far this session are Republican State Sens. Dawn Buckingham (Lakeway), Brandon Creighton (Conroe), Bob Hall (Edgewood), and Springer.

With fewer than 40 days left in the 87th Legislative Session, the window is starting to close on the prospects for bills to get through both legislative chambers.

https://txgunrights.org/latest-news...5GhTchmYHM3wfbmysobKcH_Z5WeaSX4LxJYUiBRE

Last updated 4/22/21 @ 1pm

Lt. Governor Dan Patrick, who leads the Texas Senate, famously stated there are not enough votes for Constitutional Carry HB 1927 in the Texas Senate.

Of course, the buck stops with him and he alone should be held responsible if Constitutional Carry isn't taken up for a vote on the Texas Senate floor.

But if you are left wondering which Republican State Senators have NOT taken a public position on Constitutional Carry HB 1927, here they are:

SD 3 - Robert Nichols (512) 463-0103
SD 5 - Charles Schwertner (512) 463-0105
SD 7 - Paul Bettencourt (512) 463-0107
SD 11 - Larry Taylor (512) 463-0111
SD 12 - Jane Nelson (512) 463-0112
SD 17 - Joan Huffman (512) 463-0117
SD 25 - Donna Campbell (512) 463-0125
SD 31 - Kel Seliger "unsure" (512) 463-0131
Thanks GoneH for this info.

According to his phone person Charles Schwertner is an active supporter working to pass constitutional carry.

The rest were polite and non-commital or I got an answering machine.

Kel Seliger’s nice lady on the phone took my name and number and said she would “add me to the list”.... Uh-oh 🤨
Mike, odds are you've been on more than one list for a few years. grin
here is our problem in Minnesota, Twin Cities votes blue and thats where alot of humans live ,Obongko put plenty Somalis in this one county in the Twin Cities, besides some other welfare races,plus most liberals live in that area too. otherwise most of the rest of Minnesota vote RED but we don`t have any say or enough population , so this one county in Minnesota has the larger population of the state so we are always welfare liberal blue vote. and this will probably happen in many other states in the future ? just look how the police are now getting beat up by the whining race ?
FINALLY, Gov. Abbott says "It's time for Texas to join the club":

https://texasscorecard.com/state/abbott-says-hell-sign-constitutional-carry-bill-if-passed/

Abbott Says He’ll Sign Constitutional Carry Bill, If Passed
“This is something that 20 other states have adopted, and it’s time for Texas to adopt it, too.”

One of the last remaining hurdles for constitutional carry legislation has been removed, as Gov. Greg Abbott announced he will sign the legislation if it makes it to his desk.

A legislative priority of the Republican Party of Texas, House Bill 1927 would remove the requirement of individuals to hold a gun permit from the state.

That legislation was passed by a bipartisan vote in the Texas House earlier this month. Since then, the bill has met resistance in the Senate.

Last week, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said the bill did not have enough support to be debated in the chamber.

Due to grassroots pressure, Patrick has since created a special Committee on Constitutional Issues and referred the bill to that committee, with a hearing scheduled for Thursday.

During an interview on WBAP on Tuesday, Abbott appeared bullish on the bill’s chances and stated his support for the proposal.

“Once the Senate passes it out, the House and Senate will convene and work out any differences and get it to my desk, and I’ll be signing it,” said Abbott.

“This is something that 20 other states have adopted, and it’s time for Texas to adopt it, too,” he added.
Good luck, but.

There members fro TX here on this forum that believe the only reason Abbott would come out in favor is because he knows it won’t pass the Senate.
Good luck, but.

There members fro TX here on this forum that believe the only reason Abbott would come out in favor is because he knows it won’t pass the Senate.

Gov. Abbott has been receiving pressure from the constitutional carry crowd to step up and say something - I sent him a couple of e-mails to that effect, too.
FINALLY, Gov. Abbott says "It's time for Texas to join the club":

https://texasscorecard.com/state/abbott-says-hell-sign-constitutional-carry-bill-if-passed/

Abbott Says He’ll Sign Constitutional Carry Bill, If Passed
“This is something that 20 other states have adopted, and it’s time for Texas to adopt it, too.”

One of the last remaining hurdles for constitutional carry legislation has been removed, as Gov. Greg Abbott announced he will sign the legislation if it makes it to his desk.

A legislative priority of the Republican Party of Texas, House Bill 1927 would remove the requirement of individuals to hold a gun permit from the state.

That legislation was passed by a bipartisan vote in the Texas House earlier this month. Since then, the bill has met resistance in the Senate.

Last week, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said the bill did not have enough support to be debated in the chamber.

Due to grassroots pressure, Patrick has since created a special Committee on Constitutional Issues and referred the bill to that committee, with a hearing scheduled for Thursday.

During an interview on WBAP on Tuesday, Abbott appeared bullish on the bill’s chances and stated his support for the proposal.

“Once the Senate passes it out, the House and Senate will convene and work out any differences and get it to my desk, and I’ll be signing it,” said Abbott.

“This is something that 20 other states have adopted, and it’s time for Texas to adopt it, too,” he added.

Posturing and window dressing, so he can brainwash his followers into believing he supports the rights of the people, while he lies to them, knowing it will never make it out of the Senate.

Yes, people are "that" gullible.
Watch the livestream of the Texas Senate Special Committee on Constitutional Issues (constitutional carry) starting at 0900 today. Speakers have 2 minutes to address HB 1927 and the hearing will run as long as people are there to speak:

https://senate.texas.gov/av-live.php
And right off the bat, Senator Juan "Chuy" Hinojosa rears his ugly head.

Well, he’s a Democrat so that is to be expected.

What will be interesting is what the Republicans have to say and how they vote.
"We will conquer you with our dicks!”

Generalissimo Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna.

( And if he didn’t say it, he sure as hell should have!)
And now Senator Lucio is carrying water for Moms Demand Action - both he and Hinojosa are horses asses.

9:1..... it's over..
And now Senator Lucio is carrying water for Moms Demand Action - both he and Hinojosa are horses asses.

Well they are both Democrats, so...

Ignorant bastard.

Well they are both Democrats, so...

They're using this hearing to bring up their personal gripes about guns that this bill does not address. Again, horses asses. They do not like the fact that Texas government will not be regulating a Right if this bill passes.
Sen. Hinojosa just won't let it go - what a jackass.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-p...tm_term=0_92f99d7313-04e015c88c-53250099

"Why Dan Patrick Is in a Quandary Over a Bill to Allow Texans to Carry a Gun Without a Permit"

Now a litany of police groups, including the Dallas Police Association, Houston Police Officers’ Union, and Texas Police Chiefs Association, have opposed permitless carry, arguing that it will put them at greater risk and likely lead to more gun accidents.
Sen. Hinojosa just won't let it go - what a jackass.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-p...tm_term=0_92f99d7313-04e015c88c-53250099

"Why Dan Patrick Is in a Quandary Over a Bill to Allow Texans to Carry a Gun Without a Permit"

Now a litany of police groups, including the Dallas Police Association, Houston Police Officers’ Union, and Texas Police Chiefs Association, have opposed permitless carry, arguing that it will put them at greater risk and likely lead to more gun accidents.

This surprises you?
Dear 2A Supporter,

Did Texas gun owners just get duped?

On April 27, 2021, a bill ostensibly marketed as a firearms sanctuary measure was effectively neutered by the Texas GOP. The bill in question, SB 513, would have prohibited Texas state and local enforcement agencies from enforcing any new gun control laws and regulations coming from DC.

In effect, GOP leadership amended the bill in a way that the state of Texas would still be supporting all gun control schemes the Biden administration signs off on.

Originally introduced by Senator Bob Hall in late January, SB 513 was able to garner 6 co-sponsors and the support of Governor Greg Abbott by this month. Back in March 9, the Senate State Affairs Committee passed the bill, without any amendments to water it down, despite the intense pressure from the Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas (CLEAT).

However, Hall decided to add an amendment to his own bill on April 27 that effectively gutted the entire bill, which the Tenth Amendment Center was able to catch. As a result, the Texas state government will continue to help enforce new federal gun control under this new amendment.

The amendment reads as follows:
Amend SB 513 (senate committee printing) in SECTION 2 of the bill, in added Section 40.03, Penal Code (page 2, between lines 62 and 63), by inserting the following:(i) It is an exception to the application of Subsection (h) that the person is a local or state law enforcement officer who, as a member of a federal task force or of a joint task force consisting of local or state law enforcement officers and federal law enforcement officers, enforces or attempts to enforce a federal statute, order, rule, or regulation described by Subsection (b).
Subsection (h) gets even juicier:
(h) A person commits an offense if, in the person’s official capacity as an officer of an entity described by Subsection (a), or as a person employed by or otherwise under the direction or control of the entity, or under color of law, the person knowingly enforces or attempts to enforce any federal statute, order, rule, or regulation described by Subsection (b). An offense under this subsection is a Class A misdemeanor.

On paper, SB 513 purports to impose a ban on the enforcement of newly passed federal gun control laws and gives lawful Texans the ability to take legal action against rogue state officials who carry out unconstitutional laws. However, the amendment scraps the penalty for any state functionary who decides to work with the feds to implement gun control.

Michael Boldin of the Tenth Amendment Center made an interesting point about how it takes two to tango when it comes to the implementation of federal gun grabs:

Local police rarely, if ever, initiates and enforces federal gun control measures on their own. In almost every situation, they’re responding to a request from a federal agency to help, and in most situations they do so as part of a federal/state joint law enforcement task force, of which there are literally hundreds throughout the country.

Shockingly, the amendment passed without any pushback on the Senate floor. On its third reading, SB 513 was passed on a strictly partisan vote of 18-13. In its current state, SB 513 would allow state and local law enforcement to implement any gun control policies from the federal government provided that the federal government requests assistance.

According to several sources close to liberty activist circles, Hall ended up removing the teeth from his bill because of pressure coming from the police lobby group, CLEAT. As of now, the bill still has to go to the House for further debate. A similar sanctuary bill, HB 2622, is also waiting to be debated on and eventually receive a vote.

The gutting of Texas’s gun sanctuary bill should serve as a warning to Second Amendment activists rallying around Constitutional Carry. A political class that’s capable of watering down a sanctuary bill will do whatever it takes to neuter Constitutional Carry, the holy grail that has long eluded Texas activists. We better operate under the assumption that the same law enforcement lobbies who pushed for sabotaging SB 513 will do the same for Constitutional Carry. Without grassroots pressure, Republicans will inevitably fold to the law enforcement lobbies.

In gutting pro-gun bills, establishment Republicans have the ability to hide behind weak bills that eventually get passed. From there, Republicans from Greg Abbott down to the typical establishment hack in the State House can pound their chest about being pro-gun, while doing nothing to change Texas’s gun laws.

Republicans must be held accountable for their underhanded actions to undermine otherwise sensible pro-freedom legislation.
And this my children is why all politicians should never,ever be trusted. Regardless of "party" affiliation. They are ALL criminals of the most heinous kind. I will not go into detail of what each should rightly experience.
And this my children is why all politicians should never,ever be trusted. Regardless of "party" affiliation. They are ALL criminals of the most heinous kind. I will not go into detail of what each should rightly experience.

Plus 1 !
Need to get all Abbott to not sign the bill.

But then again, it was probably his clandestine idea...
The bill comes out of the 'special' committee without amendments and goes to the full Texas Senate!!
The bill comes out of the 'special' committee without amendments and goes to the full Texas Senate!!

I'm glad it got that far.

But I'm sure not holding my breath for the traitorous RINO's to not kill it with a vote.

Candy ass corksuckers.

But I'm sure not holding my breath for the traitorous RINO's to not kill it with a vote.

Candy ass corksuckers.

A pivotal moment for Texas politics.

Thank you for keeping track, any idea how soon they’ll vote on it?

Thank you for keeping track, any idea how soon they’ll vote on it?

No, that's up to Lt. Gov. Patrick. Apply pressure to his office, he has to whip the senate for 18 votes to make this happen. If he feels the heat, he'll see the light.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Candy ass corksuckers.

No.
If he ever wants to have folks vote for him for any office AGAIN he better do the right thing.

Candy ass corksuckers.

^^^This^^^

PREZACTLY!!!

I've been saying something similar for years, vis-a-vis SOTB immigration.

"If we can't out fight you, we can out f##k you!"
How many votes required in the Senate to pass, simple majority 16 or more?
Dan Patrick’s phone number (512) 463-0001 ??
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Candy ass corksuckers.

No.

I think it is just for the face value of it passing.

If it fails that might be an indicator of the future direction of personal rights in the state of Texas.

Steve, 18 needed votes for was mentioned.

18 votes needed in the Texas Senate. There are 18 Republican senators. Shouldn't be a problem, but it's a huge problem because a few of them are going all 'Lisa Murkowski' and wanting something for their votes.

18 votes needed in the Texas Senate. There are 18 Republican senators. Shouldn't be a problem, but it's a huge problem because a few of them are going all 'Lisa Murkowski' and wanting something for their votes.

Yep and that’s why it’s called politics.

Yes, that's his office phone number. And flood his message center, "I Want To Share My Opinion On A State Issue":

https://www.ltgov.texas.gov/contact/

Candy ass corksuckers.

No.

If it fails that might be an indicator of the future direction of personal rights in the state of Texas.

You may me be right, but honestly most people in Texas don't really care.

Candy ass corksuckers.

No.

You may me be right, but honestly most people in Texas don't really care.

I suspect that, much like Louisiana, everyone there is packing whether or not legislation passes or fails.

1st rule of Gun Safety:
Don’t be without it.

2nd rule:
Come and take it.

I’m hopeful it passes just for the public statement attached to the action.
Exactly. "Don't bring your guns to town." was kinda what Texas guns law were based on. Now there are big cities. Millions of people from places like California, New York and even Minnesota are coming by the millions. With them come more complicated rules.
From Shooting Illustrated (April 27):

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2021/4/27/20-states-now-have-constitutional-carry

20 States Now Have Constitutional Carry

Tennessee joined 19 other states that allow constitutional carry when Gov. Bill Lee signed Senate Bill 765/House Bill 786 into law earlier this month. The measure takes effect July 1, applies to law-abiding citizens 20 and older, and a provision includes those serving in the military who are 18 to 20 years of age.

“This bill is a great step forward in the advancement of self-defense rights and Second Amendment freedoms for all Tennessee gun owners,” said NRA-ILA Executive Director Jason Ouimet. “It simply means law-abiding Tennessean’s no longer have to pay a tax to exercise the right of self-protection.”

The number of states joining those with constitutional carry has grown quickly in 2021. On Feb. 18 Montana Gov. Greg Gianforte signed House Bill 102 into law, allowing constitutional carry for state residents. Iowa became the 19th state to enroll on April 2. The measures become effective June 1 and July 1, respectively.

The other 17 states with constitutional carry laws are Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah (effective May 5), Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.

The merits of similar or nearly identical measures are currently being considered by a number of other state legislatures. One passed muster in a Louisiana Senate committee and is headed for debate on the body’s main floor. Texas lawmakers are also considering a permitless carry provision and South Carolina’s House recently approved a constitutional carry measure. Others are in the works across the nation.

The number of concealed carry permits issued nationwide has reach record-setting levels, despite the rapid growth of constitutional carry states. A study issued by the Crime Prevention Research Center in September 2020 reported, “Last year, the number of permit holders continued to grow by about 820,000.”

Yes, that's his office phone number. And flood his message center, "I Want To Share My Opinion On A State Issue":

https://www.ltgov.texas.gov/contact/

Tks, the nice lady who answered sounded like she had been fielding a bunch of such calls.
Supposed to come to a vote before the Texas Senate this week.

Time for another round of calls.
These are RINO's who need to be called.

Senator Robert Nichols (R, SD - 3) ​
512-463-0103
[email protected]
Senator Paul Bettencourt (R, SD - 7)
512-463-0107
[email protected]
Senator Larry Taylor (R, SD - 11)
512-463-0111
[email protected]
Senator Jane Nelson (R, SD - 12)
512-463-0112
[email protected]
Senator Joan Huffman (R, SD - 17)
512-463-0117
[email protected]
Senator Donna Campbel (R, SD - 25)
512-463-0125
[email protected]
Senator Kel Seliger (R, SD - 31)
512-463-0131
[email protected]

None are committed to supporting Constitutional Carry.

Sadly, we have to stay after them.
Just posted a thread about a text that I received wanting to stop this effort in Louisiana.
Just posted a thread about a text that I received wanting to stop this effort in Louisiana.

Won't take much convincing with the LA governor.

Won't take much convincing with the LA governor.

Maybe.
Republicans have enough votes to override his veto.
Senate debate on HB 1927 (constitutional carry). Warning - the Democraps are doing everything they can to derail this legislation through emotional rhetoric and outright lies:

https://tlcsenate.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=5&event_id=3863

There needs to be a cleansing.
The amendments to HB 1927 being proposed are being approved/denied by a margin of 18 votes in favor of HB 1927. This is hopeful because 18 votes are needed for HB 1927 to head out of the senate and go to the governors desk to be signed into law.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

There needs to be a cleansing.

It’s like a Chinese scchitt house.

Where to begin? By the time you think you’re finished ya gotta start over again.

And again.
I knew the gun grabbing commies would blitz the senate.
b
The amendments to HB 1927 being proposed are being approved/denied by a margin of 18 votes in favor of HB 1927. This is hopeful because 18 votes are needed for HB 1927 to head out of the senate and go to the governors desk to be signed into law.

OH Boy, is Abbot going to be pissed if this passes the Senate. He is counting on it to fail.
b

OH Boy, is Abbot going to be pissed if this passes the Senate. He is counting on it to fail.

Wrong. Abbot goes with the flow. Nothing more, nothing less.
Abbot goes with the flow. Nothing more, nothing less.

Spot on.

He pulls his finger out of his butt each morning to see which way the political winds are blowing and follows that direction.

He's on record as committed to signing this bill now, if it crosses his desk. Then he'll act like it was all his idea if it does.
can't wait. I'll carry one of the 1911s, now.
Watch the gun grabbers who oppose the bill..

They have the blood of scared children running in the streets now. (I heard that about 10 minutes ago.) sick

https://apps.texastribune.org/features/2021/texas-legislature-livestream/
The HB1927 PASSED the senate! grin

WOOO HOOOO!!! 😎😎😎😎

....how soon can Gov. Abbot sign it?
Well hell,
I hope for my home away from home, that Governor Abbott signs it in to law forthwith.

WOOO HOOOO!!! 😎😎😎😎

There are slight differences in the Senate & House passage.

Now it goes to a joint committee to resolve those into the final bill that Abbott will sign.
Congrats Gentleman, our carry law in Utah actually went into affect today. Carry on!
Congrats

Well now that's just hunkeydory
Well done Texas !

Still waiting here in Louisiana.

Good news!!!!!
Well done Texas !

Still waiting here in Louisiana.

Ditto
Good news.
Its a cool political statement, getting past 1870 and all.

It won't matter much as to who is armed, but getting rid of a "tax" on on a Constitutional right is a pretty big deal.
Its a cool political statement, getting past 1870 and all.

It won't matter much as to who is armed, but getting rid of a "tax" on on a Constitutional right is a pretty big deal.

All the same people still carry around here too.
smile
At long last. After 150 years of repression!

WOOO HOOOO!!! 😎😎😎😎

Now it goes to a joint committee to resolve those into the final bill that Abbott will sign.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/constitutional-carry-gets-approval-in-texas-senate/

Constitutional carry passed a major milestone on Wednesday.

A legislative priority of the Republican of Texas, constitutional carry would allow citizens to exercise their right to bear arms by removing the requirement for a license to carry handguns.

In a meeting that lasted more than eight hours, the Texas Senate considered House Bill 1927, authored by State Rep. Matt Schaefer (R–Tyler). State Sen. Charles Schwertner (R–Georgetown) is the bill’s sponsor in the Senate. The measure ultimately passed by a vote of 18 in favor and 13 in opposition.

The debate lasted a few hours and seemingly was largely orchestrated behind the scenes. More than 25 amendments were offered, and only eight were adopted by the end of the debate.

One amendment that was added would prohibit an individual from carrying a handgun if they have also been convicted of disorderly conduct with a firearm, deadly conduct, terroristic threat, or an assault resulting in bodily injury in the last five years. Sources say this amendment might make the bill subject to a point of order, potentially delaying its eventual consideration back in the House.

Another amendment, by State Sen. Brian Birdwell (R–Granbury), added that it was an offense to carry a handgun in a public place while intoxicated.

Other amendments that were adopted were authored by Schwertner himself. One enhanced criminal penalties for felons in possession of a firearm to that of a second-degree felony with a five-year minimum of mandatory jail time; it would increase it to a third-degree felony for those already convicted of a Class A family violence misdemeanor.

Another amendment removes what Schwertner called the “savings clause,” which would have helped people who in good faith carried a handgun into a prohibited place by law without allowing them to correct their mistake by leaving the premises immediately.

Schwertner also amended the bill by stripping language originally added by State Reps. Senfronia Thompson (D-Houston) and Harold Dutton (D-Houston) when the bill was being deliberated in the House. The language in question dealt with record expungement as well as codification of case law stating that law enforcement could not stop someone merely for carrying a handgun, without also having reasonable suspicion.

Next Steps

Now that the bill has passed the Senate, it will be up to the House of Representatives to decide whether it accepts the changes or whether it will appoint a conference committee to debate the differences.

Timing is crucial, however. With fewer than 26 days left in the 140-day legislative session, in the event a conference committee is appointed, both chambers will have to accept the conference committee report in order to get the bill to the governor’s desk.

Whoa.
Originally Posted by RiverRider
At long last. After 150 years of repression!

Just in time for the new reconstruction.
Now that the bill has passed the Senate, it will be up to the House of Representatives to decide whether it accepts the changes or whether it will appoint a conference committee to debate the differences.

Timing is crucial, however. With fewer than 26 days left in the 140-day legislative session, in the event a conference committee is appointed, both chambers will have to accept the conference committee report in order to get the bill to the governor’s desk.

So what you’re saying is we ain’t quite out of the woods yet, opponents of this bill (mostly but not limited to Democrats) could still throw a wrench in the works?

So what you’re saying is we ain’t quite out of the woods yet, opponents of this bill (mostly but not limited to Democrats) could still throw a wrench in the works?

The senate amendments could be an issue, according to GOA-Texas (sign up for their e-mail updates):

The bill author, Rep. Matt Schaefer, stated Thursday evening :

“We are now reviewing amendments that were added by the Senate to look for issues that would break House rules governing the purpose of HB 1927. Our first impression has us very concerned. Will share more as soon as we can. Our goal is to make Texas the 21st Constitutional Carry state.”
ALL of the Hispanic-surnamed Texas senators (Hinojosa/Lucio/Menendez/Zaffirini/Blanco/et al) opposed HB 1927 - they need to go back to Ye Olde Mexico where they can rule over the impoverished and downtrodden populace as they wish they could do in Texas:

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-pol...l-allowing-permitless-carry-of-firearms/

Texas Democrats opposed the measure, stating it opens Texas up to “lose more loved ones to gun violence.”

“Texas Republicans continue to be a major threat to public safety, this time attempting to remove all requirements for people to carry a handgun in public,” Texas Democratic Party Chair Gilberto Hinojosa said in a statement. “This law would further embolden hate groups and white supremacist organizations who thrive off of intimidation tactics and sowing distrust in institutions of public safety.”

Hinojosa cited the El Paso and Midland-Odessa massacres, saying Republicans “have quickly forgotten” lives lost to gun violence in the state.

“Their blatant disregard for Texans’ safety is appalling,” he stated.

Citing the Texas Safety Action Report published by Gov. Greg Abbott’s office in the wake of the El Paso and Midland-Odessa shootings, State Sen. César Blanco, D- El Paso, asked whether HB 1927 adopted any of the recommendations of the report. Schwertner said he had not read the report.

HB 1927 had previously passed out of the newly-formed Senate Special Committee on Constitutional Issues on April 29 in a 5-2 vote after 10 hours of testimony. It passed out of the House largely along party lines last month.

HB 1927 passed out of the upper chamber with some changes attached to the version approved by the House. It heads back to the House for approval on those changes. If the changes are approved, the bill heads to the Governor’s desk. If the changes are not agreed-upon by the House, the bill heads to a conference committee where a panel of lawmakers will iron out the differences between the versions before sending the bill to the Governor’s desk.

“No celebration yet folks! We are now reviewing amendments that were added by the Senate to look for issues that would break House rules governing the purpose of HB 1927,” said State Rep. Matt Schaefer, R-Tyler, who authored the legislation, in a tweet Wednesday night. “Our first impression has us very concerned. Will share more as soon as we can.”

Abbott signaled he would sign the bill into law should it reach his desk.
[quote=rockinbbar]The HB1927 PASSED the senate! grin

WOOO HOOOO!!! 😎😎😎😎

Next Steps

26 days left?

What happens if The House can’t come to an agreement in 26 days.

Is the Bill dead and has to start all over in the next session?
ALL of the Hispanic-surnamed Texas senators (Hinojosa/Lucio/Menendez/Zaffirini/Blanco/et al) opposed HB 1927 - they need to go back to Ye Olde Mexico where they can rule over the impoverished and downtrodden populace as they wish they could do in Texas:

Texas Democrats opposed the measure, stating it opens Texas up to “lose more loved ones to gun violence.”

“Texas Republicans continue to be a major threat to public safety, this time attempting to remove all requirements for people to carry a handgun in public,” Texas Democratic Party Chair Gilberto Hinojosa said in a statement. “This law would further embolden hate groups and white supremacist organizations who thrive off of intimidation tactics and sowing distrust in institutions of public safety.”

Hinojosa cited the El Paso and Midland-Odessa massacres, saying Republicans “have quickly forgotten” lives lost to gun violence in the state.

Citing the Texas Safety Action Report published by Gov. Greg Abbott’s office in the wake of the El Paso and Midland-Odessa shootings, State Sen. César Blanco, D- El Paso, asked whether HB 1927 adopted any of the recommendations of the report. Schwertner said he had not read the report.

HB 1927 had previously passed out of the newly-formed Senate Special Committee on Constitutional Issues on April 29 in a 5-2 vote after 10 hours of testimony. It passed out of the House largely along party lines last month.

HB 1927 passed out of the upper chamber with some changes attached to the version approved by the House. It heads back to the House for approval on those changes. If the changes are approved, the bill heads to the Governor’s desk. If the changes are not agreed-upon by the House, the bill heads to a conference committee where a panel of lawmakers will iron out the differences between the versions before sending the bill to the Governor’s desk.

“No celebration yet folks! We are now reviewing amendments that were added by the Senate to look for issues that would break House rules governing the purpose of HB 1927,” said State Rep. Matt Schaefer, R-Tyler, who authored the legislation, in a tweet Wednesday night. “Our first impression has us very concerned. Will share more as soon as we can.”

You guys need to PRIMARY THEIR ASS.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

You guys need to PRIMARY THEIR ASS.

All of those idiots are democrats.

Their constituents are communists too.

There's not enough conservatives in their districts to get rid of them.
"There's not enough conservatives in their districts to get rid of them."

This is what the not too distant future holds for the entire state!

Thousands more democrat voters arriving from the south daily... mad

Schools are churning out commies as fast as they can.
One of the amendments smells a lot like a red flag law sneaking in from behind. We'll see. There should be no debate whether we have the right to carry a firearm.
Originally Posted by rainshot
One of the amendments smells a lot like a red flag law sneaking in from behind. We'll see. There should be no debate whether we have the right to carry a firearm.

Texas gun control politicians...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hinojosa and his ilk get their marching orders from La Raza and the cartels.
Opposition to it makes no sense, since it assumes that currently criminals are deterred by it's being illegal for them to carry a gun. When the reality is that, under Constitutional Carry, criminals are still prohibited, but will carry exactly as often as they did before Constitutional Carry. They aren't deterred by activities being illegal. That's what makes them criminals.

Their other argument is that common disagreements between otherwise non-criminal people will, by virtue of one party (or both) being armed, will escalate into deadly force encounters. Well, that has not been found to be the result of Constitutional Carry in other states, so why would it be in Texas? In fact, when otherwise non-criminals are packing heat, what they are more likely to do during a confrontation is deescalate it or leave, being concerned that an escalation might result in the need to use their weapon, and then their being forced into defending their actions to the police and/or the criminal justice system, which regular folks would like to avoid if at all possible.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Opposition to it makes no sense, since it assumes that currently criminals are deterred by it's being illegal for them to carry a gun. When the reality is that, under Constitutional Carry, criminals are still prohibited, but will carry exactly as often as they did before Constitutional Carry. They aren't deterred by activities being illegal. That's what makes them criminals.

Not only that, but in Texas, you can carry a rifle or shotgun now. Just not a handgun.

Idiots.
What about illegals and non-us citizens, what is the penalty for them carrying.
Its all about "reconquista". And what would stand in its way.

These people are not illegal immigrants, they are illegal colonists.

They are here for one purpose only. They have no plan for assimilation.

Bob, You Damn sure got that right. Rio7
What about illegals and non-us citizens, what is the penalty for them carrying.

The wording of the bill states that if you are legally able to own a firearm, you can carry.

Wetbacks are not legally able to own a firearm.
They have no plan for assimilation.

They haven't for decades.

That's one reason we have to "Press 1 for English"... mad

I'll say it again, Texas will go the way of California and Arizona.

Yep. Just a matter of time.

Jorge you are absolutely correct.

And I am not referring to Tejanos in my statement above.

They have learned to work the system so well.

Watch 3 the other day in Lowes by $6,000 of construction material and right it off as an ag exemption ( no sales tax) and said they were building a "chicken house". Bullschidt! Damn chickens iive in the front yard with the goats and bull calves.

They have learned to work the system so well.

Watch 3 the other day in Lowes by $6,000 of construction material and right it off as an ag exemption ( no sales tax) and said they were building a "chicken house". Bullschidt! Damn chickens iive in the front yard with the goats and bull calves.

Sadly, that abuse of the Ag Exemption in Texas will eventually result in more regulation.

Right now, there's no minimum acreage or minimum animal units.

That will change though. I'm seeing the agencies wise up already.
https://www.newsmax.com/us/texas-handguns-license-senate/2021/05/06/id/1020364/
Passed 18-13

dont forget all the liberal Californians coming to Texas with the jobs being tranferred from CA to TX
good I can now visit Texas with a peaceful feeling now
House: We passed Constitutional Carry, and sent a clean Bill over to the Senate only to watch them muddy it up.

Senate: We passed Constitutional Carry, and added corrections to the Bill the House mistakenly overlooked to create a clean Bill.

House: These additional amendments are not acceptable, and only further restrict the Constitutional Rights of the citizens. If we pass the Bill, we will have not represented the citizens of Texas as we swore an oath to do. The Senate should be held 100% liable for derailing this legislation we promised the citizens of Texas we would get passed during this legislative session.

Senate: We passed the House's Bill, and the citizens of Texas should hold their Representatives accountable for failure to accept the needed corrections.

In the Back Rooms: [They all are laughing at the citizens}

The citizens are being played again...all the way up to the deadline...with a carefully choreographed show to hopefully appease the peasantry into believing "they tried again", but just couldn't get it across the finish line, because of the wrenches the other side threw into the cogs on the wheel of "democracy".

Watching citizens testify before the Senate committee, and "begging" to get back their Right to Bear Arms, and listening to Communist Senators make excuses for "not" supporting what they swore an oath to defend, Citizen's Rights, was pretty pathetic.

What was even more pathetic was watching CHL instructors attempt to justify their position that citizens "must be instructed" before they can use a Constitutionally protected Right. Sure is funny how society went through the 1600's", 1700"s, 1800's, and early 1900's without needing "training".

...and once Texas tips Blue, there will never be a Republican President again in our lifetimes.
There will never be one as long as the Demorats have the machines and the counters.

Originally Posted by NYNY
There will never be one as long as the Demorats have the machines and the counters.

Pity that so many here just can’t grasp this simple truth.

“ We will take back the House in 2022”

“Let’s primary the bums out”

“Trump in 2024”

On and on and on it goes with the dilution, that we can vote our way out of this.
Steve4102: Link: https://www.nationalreview.com/news...ontent=top-bar-latest&utm_term=first
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

From your link.

The measure, already passed by the Texas House last week, now heads to a conference committee for the two chambers to debate amendments and settle differences until the House and Senate versions are identical. The bill will then go to Governor Greg Abbott’s desk for his final signature.

Note that they only have till the end of may to sort this out and get it to Abbott

Note that they only have till the end of may to sort this out and get it to Abbott

I’m guessing it depends on how much the Democrats want to stonewall this thing, sounds like they probably could.

PO’d people are the most reliable voting demographic, I’m hoping they’ll decide it ain’t worth a fired-up PO’d Republican base here in Texas and let this thing pass into law.

Gun control has always been bad news for the Democrats.

https://legiscan.com/TX/text/HB1927/2021
Joint committee to reconcile HB 1927:

https://capitol.texas.gov/Committees/MemberShipConfCmte.aspx?LegSess=87R&Bill=HB%201927

House Conferees: Appointed (05/12/2021) Schaefer (Chair) | Burrows | Canales | Guillen | White

Senate Conferees: Appointed (05/13/2021) Schwertner (Chair) | Birdwell | Campbell | Creighton | Hughes

CALL early and call often and ask them to straighten this matter out and send it to Hot Wheel's desk.
House rejects Senate version, Allen West says Patrick put “poison pills” in Senate version to ensure its demise.

Now gone behind closed doors to a joint Congress/Senate committee to hash out a version both sides can approve.

20 (???) days left in this session.

Still not a done deal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...tutional-carry-handguns-legislation/amp/
Joint committee to reconcile HB 1927:

https://capitol.texas.gov/Committees/MemberShipConfCmte.aspx?LegSess=87R&Bill=HB%201927

House Conferees: Appointed (05/12/2021) Schaefer (Chair) | Burrows | Canales | Guillen | White

Senate Conferees: Appointed (05/13/2021) Schwertner (Chair) | Birdwell | Campbell | Creighton | Hughes

CALL early and call often and ask them to straighten this matter out and send it to Hot Wheel's desk.

Hah! Hot wheels.
House rejects Senate version, Allen West says Patrick put “poison pills” in Senate version to ensure its demise.

Now gone behind closed doors to a joint Congress/Senate committee to hash out a version both sides can approve.

Still not a done deal.

Who knows it might be a quick turnover.

Still not a done deal.

Predicted
Fuggin' Dan Patrick.
Vote him out.
Both Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick and Speaker Dade Phelan appear to want this to pass:

https://twitter.com/DanPatrick

Dan Patrick: Absolutely. Speaker @DadePhelan and I have 10 great conferees on #HB1927 and we are very close to getting #2A Con Carry across the finish line — despite an avalanche of misinformation and just plain lies from outside agitators, we are on track for a big #2A win. #txlege

Dade Phelan: Texas is on the cusp of a watershed victory for #2A. @DanPatrickTX and I are energized and optimistic that the House and Senate we will get HB 1927 done and to @GregAbbott_TX very soon. #txlege twitter.com/morrisreports/…
Fuggin' Dan Patrick.

PREZACTLY!!! He needs to go!!! 😡
Abbott “claims” he’ll sign it if it crosses his desk.
https://texasscorecard.com/state/next-step-for-constitutional-carry-in-texas/

Both chambers have appointed members to a conference committee to reconcile the differences between their versions of the bill.

By Jeramy Kitchen May 13, 2021

Late Wednesday evening, State Rep. Matt Schaefer (R–Tyler), the author of the bill, attempted to bring up the bill on the floor. Before being able to do so, State Rep. Chris Turner (D–Grand Prairie) called a point of order that caused about a half-hour delay in any further bill deliberation, while House leadership held discussions behind the scenes about how to continue forward. When they came back, the point of order was withdrawn and Schaefer temporarily withdrew his bill.

A few minutes later, Schaefer brought the bill back up and made a motion to not concur with the Senate amendments on the bill; he instead requested the appointment of a conference committee to work on the differences. The assigned conferees from the House are State Reps. Matt Schaefer, James White (R–Hillister), Dustin Burrows (R–Lubbock), Ryan Guillen (D–Rio Grande City), and Terry Canales (D–Edinburg).

On Thursday afternoon, the Texas Senate responded by also appointing conferees to the conference committee. These conferees include State Sens. Charles Schwertner (R–Georgetown), Brian Birdwell (R–Granbury), Donna Campbell (R–San Antonio), Brandon Creighton (R–Conroe), and Bryan Hughes (R–Mineola).

The House passed the bill in mid-April by a vote of 87-58. The Senate passed the bill with additional amendments on May 5 by a vote of 18-13 along party lines.

Now that a conference committee has been appointed, two impending deadlines come into consideration. Saturday, May 29, is the last day by which both the House and Senate can distribute copies of the Conference Committee Reports on bills, and Sunday, May 30, is the last day either chamber can adopt the conference committee reports, finally passing the bill.

There are fewer than 20 days left in the 87th Legislative Session.

Both chambers have appointed members to a conference committee to reconcile the differences between their versions of the bill.

Late Wednesday evening, State Rep. Matt Schaefer (R–Tyler), the author of the bill, attempted to bring up the bill on the floor. Before being able to do so, State Rep. Chris Turner (D–Grand Prairie) called a point of order that caused about a half-hour delay in any further bill deliberation, while House leadership held discussions behind the scenes about how to continue forward. When they came back, the point of order was withdrawn and Schaefer temporarily withdrew his bill.

A few minutes later, Schaefer brought the bill back up and made a motion to not concur with the Senate amendments on the bill; he instead requested the appointment of a conference committee to work on the differences. The assigned conferees from the House are State Reps. Matt Schaefer, James White (R–Hillister), Dustin Burrows (R–Lubbock), Ryan Guillen (D–Rio Grande City), and Terry Canales (D–Edinburg).

On Thursday afternoon, the Texas Senate responded by also appointing conferees to the conference committee. These conferees include State Sens. Charles Schwertner (R–Georgetown), Brian Birdwell (R–Granbury), Donna Campbell (R–San Antonio), Brandon Creighton (R–Conroe), and Bryan Hughes (R–Mineola).

The House passed the bill in mid-April by a vote of 87-58. The Senate passed the bill with additional amendments on May 5 by a vote of 18-13 along party lines.

Now that a conference committee has been appointed, two impending deadlines come into consideration. Saturday, May 29, is the last day by which both the House and Senate can distribute copies of the Conference Committee Reports on bills, and Sunday, May 30, is the last day either chamber can adopt the conference committee reports, finally passing the bill.

Sounds to me like an effort to kill the bill.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

It's a nail-biter, for sure. I'll be genuinely shocked if Hot Wheels signs it into law.

It's a nail-biter, for sure. I'll be genuinely shocked if Hot Wheels signs it into law.

Hope he does !!!
https://texasscorecard.com/state/de...ats-for-supporting-constitutional-carry/

Democrat Lawmaker Censured by Democrats for Supporting Constitutional Carry

This week, the County Executive Committee of the Bexar County Democratic Party issued a formal censure resolution, admonishing State Rep. Leo Pacheco (D–San Antonio) for voting for constitutional carry and supporting House Bill 1927.

The bill, which has passed the House and the Senate, would allow the carrying of firearms without a permit.

The resolution states that the Democratic Party platform calls for the prohibition of constitutional carry, as well as “prohibiting open carry of all firearms and repealing ‘campus carry’ policies.”

The bill enjoyed bipartisan support, however, with Democrat State Rep. Terry Canales (Edinburg) being a joint author.

According to Gun Owners of America, 32 other states have some form of permitless carry, including Democrat-controlled states.

While most Texas Democrats have favored gun control, opponents argue criminals don’t follow the law or abide by the restrictions, which causes harm to law-abiding citizens.

Pacho was among seven Democrats in the House who voted in favor of constitutional carry.

The censure resolution was approved with 89 percent of the vote.
There seems to be some that just can't stand folks doing what they should already be able to do.

They need to get off their ass and get it done.
https://texasscorecard.com/state/de...ats-for-supporting-constitutional-carry/

Democrat Lawmaker Censured by Democrats for Supporting Constitutional Carry

This week, the County Executive Committee of the Bexar County Democratic Party issued a formal censure resolution, admonishing State Rep. Leo Pacheco (D–San Antonio) for voting for constitutional carry and supporting House Bill 1927.

The bill, which has passed the House and the Senate, would allow the carrying of firearms without a permit.

The resolution states that the Democratic Party platform calls for the prohibition of constitutional carry, as well as “prohibiting open carry of all firearms and repealing ‘campus carry’ policies.”......

......Pacheco was among seven Democrats in the House who voted in favor of constitutional carry.

The censure resolution was approved with 89 percent of the vote.

Rep. Pacheco is clearly Old-School Tejano, descendant of the original Canary Islanders who were part of the founding of this city 290 years ago. Graduated from Harlandale High School too which is about as puro South Side as it gets. Drove a city bus while working his way through college, didn’t run for the State House until about age 60, prob’ly retired.

Musta snuck in under the radar, but now he has doubtless PO’d Rosie Castro (mother of the Castro twins) and her Progressive Left minions, this is prob’ly his last term.

Damn, I hope this thing passes.
I wouldn't trust Dan Patrick or Greg Abbott any further than I could throw them. This crap is what democrats and RINOs do well. Tie things up and run out the clock. That way nobody has to make a decision that might affect their re-election.
Originally Posted by rainshot
I wouldn't trust Dan Patrick or Greg Abbott any further than I could throw them. This crap is what democrats and RINOs do well. Tie things up and run out the clock. That way nobody has to make a decision that might affect their re-election.

...then use it as campaign fodder forever
A week later, still in committee, maybe a week to go....

https://www.nraila.org/articles/202...-in-conference-committee-take-action-now
They need to get off their asses!
Hope it turns out.

I would ask them where exactly has constitutional carry resulted in the streets turning red.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hope it turns out.

I would ask them where exactly has constitutional carry resulted in the streets turning red.

The gun grabbers use that on every pro 2nd Amendment legislation that comes up.

Yet, they never, ever, ...offer any examples of it.

In fact, the opposite is true. Crime rates go down.
Texas is one step closer today!

The joint committee reached an agreement with the Constitutional Carry Bill.

Now it leaves committee and goes to the House and Senate for final okay, then to Abbott's desk! smile

Permitless carry legislation a step closer to reality as Texas House, Senate negotiators reach agreement

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Negotiators in the Texas House and Senate announced on Thursday they had reached an agreement on legislation that removes the state’s licensing requirement to carry firearms for people 21 years or older.

House Bill 1927, known commonly as the permitless carry bill, was passed by both the House and Senate, but changes made in the upper chamber required a conference committee of lawmakers to work out the differences.

“The House and Senate conferees have reached an agreement on House Bill 1927, a critical benchmark before this bill reaches Gov. (Greg) Abbott’s desk,” state Rep. Matt Schaefer said in a statement. “By working together, the House and Senate will send Gov. Abbott the strongest Second Amendment legislation in Texas history, and protect the right of law-abiding Texans to carry a handgun as they exercise their God-given right to self-defense and the defense of their families.”

Members of the full House and Senate will have to approve the agreement before it’s ready to be signed into law by the governor.

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, who presides over the Senate, cheered the news Thursday afternoon, saying the agreement “includes the thinking of national gun rights advocates and many in Texas law enforcement and affirms our commitment to protect the rights of gun owners and the safety of those in law enforcement.”

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-pol...ouse-senate-negotiators-reach-agreement/

Hope this passes, we need this real bad here on the Border, most of the people here are carrying anyway, but it would be nice if they were legal, the town cops are the people that give everyone a bunch of Chitt , and they are owned by the cartels. Rio7
Wonder if Abbott's finger in the wind is gettin all nervous and confused.
Texas is one step closer today!

The joint committee reached an agreement with the Constitutional Carry Bill.

Now it leaves committee and goes to the House and Senate for final okay, then to Abbott's desk! smile

Permitless carry legislation a step closer to reality as Texas House, Senate negotiators reach agreement

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Negotiators in the Texas House and Senate announced on Thursday they had reached an agreement on legislation that removes the state’s licensing requirement to carry firearms for people 21 years or older.

House Bill 1927, known commonly as the permitless carry bill, was passed by both the House and Senate, but changes made in the upper chamber required a conference committee of lawmakers to work out the differences.

“The House and Senate conferees have reached an agreement on House Bill 1927, a critical benchmark before this bill reaches Gov. (Greg) Abbott’s desk,” state Rep. Matt Schaefer said in a statement. “By working together, the House and Senate will send Gov. Abbott the strongest Second Amendment legislation in Texas history, and protect the right of law-abiding Texans to carry a handgun as they exercise their God-given right to self-defense and the defense of their families.”

Members of the full House and Senate will have to approve the agreement before it’s ready to be signed into law by the governor.

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, who presides over the Senate, cheered the news Thursday afternoon, saying the agreement “includes the thinking of national gun rights advocates and many in Texas law enforcement and affirms our commitment to protect the rights of gun owners and the safety of those in law enforcement.”

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-pol...ouse-senate-negotiators-reach-agreement/

YEEEAAAHOOOOOOO!!!!! 😎😎😎😎

...but I ain’t gonna celebrate until it’s signed and done.....

...how many Democrats gotta vote for it a second time?
It's not a done deal until Hot Wheels signs it into law. It could still not pass muster in either the House or Senate, even at this late date.
Lt. Gove. Patrick gives his pronouncement on the proceedings:

https://www.ltgov.texas.gov/2021/05/21/lt-gov-dan-patrick-announcement-of-hb-1927-agreement/

May 21, 2021

“A historic victory for the Second Amendment”

AUSTIN – Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick issued this statement today announcing that a full agreement has been reached on House Bill 1927:

“I congratulate Rep. Matt Schaefer, R-Tyler, and Sen. Charles Schwertner, R-Georgetown, for reaching a full agreement on Constitutional Carry – HB 1927. This legislation restores our Second Amendment rights and upholds every Texan’s right to self-defense. HB 1927 is a historic bill and a national model. It includes the thinking of national gun rights advocates and many in Texas law enforcement and affirms our commitment to protect the rights of gun owners and the safety of those in law enforcement.

“As a longtime Second Amendment advocate and NRA member with a strong NRA voting record, I am especially proud of HB 1927. I have worked hard alongside Sen. Schwertner to deliver the votes needed on HB 1927. The bill will become eligible for a final vote early next week, and on that day we will celebrate this great Second Amendment victory.

“Those who said HB 1927 would never pass and who perpetuated stories of a ‘poison pill’ and other conspiracies willfully misled many Second Amendment supporters in Texas. They also underestimated how hard members of the House and Senate were working to pass this bill.

“Once again, I want to thank Rep. Schaefer for his leadership and vision on HB 1927 and Sen. Schwertner for his diligence and commitment to making this legislation a reality. I look forward to celebrating with them when this bill is finally passed next week. “
From TSRA (today):

“ Hello .........,

House Bill 1927 by Representative Matt Schaefer has been announced by Lt. Governor Dan Patrick, Speaker Dade Phalen, Representative Matt Schaefer and Senator Charles Schwartner as all but done. Even Governor Abbott has said in social media that he looks forward to signing the bill.

We aren't done yet-the votes in each Chamber are not cast on this bill but I am putting the champagne in the refrigerator to chill.

Voting, according to the Lt. Governor should be next week. I am waiting to see the language from the Conference Committee but what I am hearing is all things that law abiding gun owners can easily live with.”

If it's not already a lost cause, I'd say it's time to fast and pray.
Originally Posted by RIO7

Hope this passes, we need this real bad here on the Border, most of the people here are carrying anyway, but it would be nice if they were legal, the town cops are the people that give everyone a bunch of Chitt , and they are owned by the cartels. Rio7

Wow. That sucks. Really sorry to hear that.
has this "Compromised" version been published yet?

You have to pass it to find out what's in it
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

If it's not already a lost cause, I'd say it's time to fast and pray.

That was a month ago. It did pass the senate. But they added amendments to it that caused it to go to a joint committee to be reconciled. Yesterday the committee agreed on the bill, and now it goes to approval of the house and senate.
hope it passes, I'll be able to carry one of the 1911s on a otwb holster instead of my sps101.
I'm cautiously optimistic, Roger.

Dan Patrick is not our friend. Dan has never been in favor of CC and this would have already have been a done deal but Patrick kept ignoring advice that the senate bill contained some procedural language in which elements in the House could use to keep the bill from passing. The biggest problem is the Senate version is so watered down, unlike the House version, due to the influence on Patrick by the Sheriffs Assn and the law enforcement lobby who don't respect our rights. I'm told some of the senate language leaves too much to the discretion of an arresting officer, like the old Vernon's code we were saddled with for so many years. Patrick's latest statement is political boloney. Besides, anybody who sits next to Sheila Jackson Lee in Joel Osteen's den of iniquity won't ever get my vote.

Dan Patrick is not our friend. Dan has never been in favor of CC and this would have already have been a done deal but Patrick kept ignoring advice that the senate bill contained some procedural language in which elements in the House could use to keep the bill from passing. The biggest problem is the Senate version is so watered down, unlike the House version, due to the influence on Patrick by the Sheriffs Assn and the law enforcement lobby who don't respect our rights. I'm told some of the senate language leaves too much to the discretion of an arresting officer, like the old Vernon's code we were saddled with for so many years. Patrick's latest statement is political boloney. Besides, anybody who sits next to Sheila Jackson Lee in Joel Osteen's den of iniquity won't ever get my vote.

Ol' Dan and Grabbott are both backed in a corner on this one.

If they don't do their jobs, they know their careers in Texas politics will be over. So they put on a fake smile and tell us all what a big promoter of the 2nd Amendment they are.

I think citizens have put enough pressure on them that they see the way the wind blows, and have to go with it.
I'll put my flame suit on.

I'm not for the passage of this bill. We had a concealed carry system that worked well, wasn't broken and provided basic training to ensure safe handling, storage and education of laws pertaining to the use of deadly force. In addition, the law enforcement agencies voiced their own opposition to it. All this talk about supporting our law enforcement agencies in contrast to the defund movement, but then you push for a bill that our law enforcement agencies denounce because it will impact their safety and make their jobs harder.

With the passage of this law you're risking an increase in events that will polarize the views against gun ownership. Including more unnecessary/unlawful armed confrontations and firearm theft.

You're creating a problem where one did not exist.
Originally Posted by gsganzer

I'm not for the passage of this bill. We had a concealed carry system that worked well, wasn't broken and provided basic training to ensure safe handling, storage and education of laws pertaining to the use of deadly force. In addition, the law enforcement agencies voiced their own opposition to it. All this talk about supporting our law enforcement agencies in contrast to the defund movement, but then you push for a bill that our law enforcement agencies denounce because it will impact their safety and make their jobs harder.

With the passage of this law you're risking an increase in events that will polarize the views against gun ownership. Including more unnecessary/unlawful armed confrontations and firearm theft.

There's SO much wrong with what you say. I'm not even going to get into the whole statement.

But the first mainstream media lie you repeat is that Texas law enforcement is against this.

The fact of the matter is, that MSM made a big deal out of LIBERAL CITY police chief's being against it. They are liberals. Dallas, Austin...

The second fact is that 83% of Texas county sheriff's SUPPORT Constitutional carry.

Here's the poll article. https://www.brettsanders.me/exclusive-83-of-texas-sheriffs-support-constitutional-carry/

So your statement about "our law enforcement agencies denounce it" is pure BS.

How about we have LESS goddam govt interference and regulation?

When you have to jump through hoops and PAY for a constitutional right, it ceases to be a "right" and becomes a privilege. crazy

Try again.

BTW, are you an LTC instructor?
[quote=gsganzer]I'll put my flame suit on.

There's SO much wrong with what you say. I'm not even going to get into the whole statement.

But the first mainstream media lie you repeat is that Texas law enforcement is against this.

The fact of the matter is, that MSM made a big deal out of LIBERAL CITY police chief's being against it. They are liberals. Dallas, Austin...

The second fact is that 83% of Texas county sheriff's SUPPORT Constitutional carry.

Here's the poll article. https://www.brettsanders.me/exclusive-83-of-texas-sheriffs-support-constitutional-carry/

When you have to jump through hoops and PAY for a constitutional right, it ceases to be a "right" and becomes a privilege. crazy

Try again.

He's right you know.
Who's right?

Where has this happened?

What does the data show in states that have constitutional carry?
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

Where has this happened?

It hasn't.

20 other states have Constitutional Carry.

There has been no bloodbath. No running gun battles down Main Street.

Probably see a dip in the crime rate though.

I'd like to see the training and marksmanship certificates of the CRIMINALS who carry.... crazy They are armed. Why punish the law abiding? Even the playing field. Quit making criminals out of citizens who want to protect themselves.
Who's right?

You

When you have to jump through hoops and PAY for a constitutional right, it ceases to be a "right" and becomes a privilege.

Yeah, why not require a masters degree in English Literature to be licensed for free speech, or in Theology to practice freedom of religion?

My home state of Wyoming has had constitutional carry for a few years and I haven’t noticed the streets being any more bloody than they used to be.
Wyoming has very little violent crime compared to Blue states. Armed robberies, carjackings, home invasions, etc are quite uncommon, almost unheard of. Our children play in their front yards , our old folks go for evening walks in the neighborhood, kids walk to school, for the most part we are a peaceful place. Wonder why that is, could it be that most of us are armed? If you stop and search 10 random vehicles, you will get at least 5 firearms and the sweet little old lady sitting next to you in the church pew has a revolver in her purse.

100% opposite of reality right here.
This is way more true than they wanna believe. Rural conservatism does not cover one city of hippies. and Texas has got its share of hippies in Austin and the college towns. Add the DFW and not conservative at all
Originally Posted by EdM

What does the data show in states that have constitutional carry?

As you are doubtless aware Vermont has always had constitutional carry, whereas adjacent New York State has always had the Sullivan law strictly restricting handgun possession.

I’d like to say that Vermont is demonstrably safer than comparable areas of Upstate NY but I doubt you’ll find that is so. The moral of that story being that gun laws or the lack thereof have a minimal effect on violent crime.

OTOH as previously pointed out here those states that have switched over to constitutional carry have seen no spike in violence either. So there’s no reason not to allow law abiding citizens their full rights in this regard.

Try again.

I'm not trying to start an argument with you, but did you actually read the Brett Sanders survey/article you provided the link for, or just the title and parts of the article the author chose to highlight? I've been out watching my kids rodeo all day and I might be lacking some comprehension, but the title of the article doesn't seem to match the content.

My take away is that 66% of Sherriff's actually voted "NO" to allowing a law abiding person to carry open or concealed without a license (Question 1). It's only when it's phrased as "constitutional carry" that it gets an 83% approval (Question 2). Which means, the Sherriff's may not know what "constitutional carry" is and just support the buzzword.

Look deeper in the article and you'll see the actual questions and responses.
Question 3 says 88.5% of sheriff's do not believe a CHL infringes on our unalienable right to bear arms.
Question 4 says 60% support open carry. However,
Question 5 says 88.7% of sheriff's believe a CHL should be required for open carry.

I do agree with others that the litmus test may be the history of what has happened in other states when constitutional carry has been allowed. I still think we had a CHL concealed/open carry system that wasn't broken.

And NO, I'm not a CHL instructor.
That was actually back in 2015 when CC was up in legislation but failed to get out of committee.

This time, currently, polls through the Sheriff's Association of Texas show a majority of sheriff's supporting HB1927.

They do want the senate amendments about not expunging the records of those caught and convicted of UCW previously, and want certain misdemeanors in the past 5 years to disqualify carriers.

In Texas, you are already allowed to carry a handgun in your vehicle, and carry a long gun outside your vehicle.

But put a 1911 in your holster, you are UCW (Unlawfully carrying a weapon?)

No sense in it.

The criminals are armed. The illegals invading our country are also armed. Gun control laws don't affect them. Just the law abiding.

Texas should have been leading the nation in Constitutional carry, instead of being 21st to pass it.

The problem is the state has no business demanding that we ask them permission to exercise a constitutional Right. It worked fine in Texas until Reconstruction and the Constitution of 1869 stepped over that line. If some LEO's don't like it then they are free to turn in their badge and gun and find another line of work.
I don’t think Texas is as conservative as think it is.

But that's become the problem with all of the US. Our media and political parties have caused many to polarize to the lunatic fringe of the far left and far right, when the majority of us probably land somewhere in between. I'd be willing to bet the majority of Americans would classify themselves as socially moderate and fiscally conservative. But yet, neither party seems to propose legislation that plays between the 40 yard lines. That's what's created our inability to be able to legislate anything and instead resort to legislative actions. Each group looks for the chance for an advantage to then stick their thumb in the eye of their opponent with legislation that's in the extreme. Then leaving that legislation open for retribution and reversal if the pendulum ever swings in the other direction.

That's been my argument that the current TX CHL process (that IMO) was played between those 40 yard lines. It the past years in TX, we've allowed public carry of long guns, we've passed the castle doctrine that extends your "castle" to include your vehicle. We've passed concealed carry with a CHL and then we passed open carry with a CHL. Why not leave it with that? To paraphrase the words and thoughts of Ronald Reagan, "I'd rather get most of what I want, then go off the cliff with my flag flying and getting noting." The CHL appeased the concerns of the other side and the current concerns the sheriff's association and others have of "Constitutional Carry". I don't buy the argument that TX law enforcement approves of constitutional carry. In fact, after continued research, it looks like the sheriffs association and many other TX law enforcement agencies keep asking for more amendments so they can give constitutional carry their tepid approval. Quite frankly, those amendments which include prohibitions for those with certain prior misdemeanors, put back in place many of the restrictions of the previously haggled CHL legislation.

The existing CHL had some added benefits, it required firearm training, proficiency training, fire arms storage training, de-escalation training and review of the laws that pertain to the use of deadly force. What's wrong with that? We ask that same training (and more) of our law enforcement officials. As established by SCOTUS rulings, rights are not absolute and have some restrictions and caveats. Aren't many of this same group advocating for voter ID laws? How is this much different? You want someone to show their qualified to vote, but the same preface doesn't apply to someone showing their basic ability to handle a firearm safely while walking amongst us in public?

If we keep fighting our battles on the extremes, we'll always have extreme battles to fight. It seems like we already had this battle won, but decided to poke the other side in the eye and then wonder why they want to fight (or resurrect this battle in a future fight).

I'm done posting on this thread.
It seems like we already had this battle won, but decided to poke the other side in the eye and then wonder why they want to fight (or resurrect this battle in a future fight).

The Other Side doesn’t need to be poked to make it come after us, it will never stop anyway.
A license is just that, a LICENSE. Miss a few child support payments/alimony/etc, and all the sudden, the govt says you can’t protect yourself/hunt/fish/drive/cut hair......
It seems like we already had this battle won, but decided to poke the other side in the eye and then wonder why they want to fight (or resurrect this battle in a future fight).

The Other Side doesn’t need to be poked to make it come after us, it will never stop anyway.

PREZACTLY!!! Fugg “The Other Side” !!! It’s not their place to decide My Rights !
I don’t think Texas is as conservative as think it is.

Thanks

PREZACTLY!!! Fugg “The Other Side” !!! It’s not their place to decide My Rights !

To the best of my knowledge in California you now have to pass a background check and be on an authorized persons list merely to buy or even transfer ammunition.

To get on the authorized ammunition purchaser list you first have to be on record as a gun owner via the Automated Firearms List either by submitting a record yourself or by way of record when you purchased or received the firearm.

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/apap

All of this signed into law just two years ago.

....and not because folks were prodded in that state by constitutional carry.

It’s eventually gonna get worse, even in California. Liberals will never rest.
Anybody that’s stupid enough to wait upon government to allow for personal self defense doesn’t have enough intellect to own a firearm! I’ve been totin iron for 65 years and didn’t and won’t pay a fee to protect myself or family!
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Anybody that’s stupid enough to wait upon government to allow for personal self defense doesn’t have enough intellect to own a firearm! I’ve been totin iron for 65 years and didn’t and won’t pay a fee to protect myself or family!

While a lot of folks follow that line of thinking, why risk your ability to legally own and have a firearm if caught and charged, or heaven forbid you actually have to use it in defense of your person or family?

That's the whole point of Constitutional Carry. It allows you to arm yourself without fear of persecution/prosecution.
Breaking News! House just passed HB 1927 after coming out of reconciliation committee. Now, only the Senate has to pass it before it goes to hot wheels for him to sign into law.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/HB1927?src=hashtag_click
Breaking News! House just passed HB 1927 after coming out of reconciliation committee. Now, only the Senate has to pass it before it goes to hot wheels for him to sign into law.

Excellent!

Just passed. On its way to Abbott’s desk....
PTL
PTL

Amen Mike!
Excellent!

Better late than never!
Cool so now I will be able to open carry an actual full size pistol, three cheers for my 1911!
Originally Posted by rickt300
Cool so now I will be able to open carry an actual full size pistol, three cheers for my 1911!

Folks in Bandera have never been timid about open carry thereabouts,
gsganzer - according to your arguments, we should license keyboards, printing presses, and microphones.
Do you agree?
About time.
Originally Posted by FOsteology
About time.

Yes.

I'm mildly surprised this went the distance. But glad it did.
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Just passed. On its way to Abbott’s desk....

Yep!!! 17-13, one Republican not present.

https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=87R&Bill=HB1927#vote1105
https://texasscorecard.com/state/constitutional-carry-to-become-state-law-in-texas/

Constitutional Carry to Become State Law in Texas

AUSTIN — Texans will soon have a greater ability to defend themselves and their families, thanks to a soon-to-be state law.

On Monday, the Texas Legislature finalized House Bill 1927, or constitutional carry, to protect citizens’ Second Amendment rights to self-defense. Under the law, Texans 21 or older—who aren’t otherwise prohibited from owning a gun—may carry a handgun without permission from the government.

The self-protection bill has had an eventful journey in the Republican-controlled Legislature over the past couple of months.

In mid-April, the proposed law was first approved in the House of Representatives by a vote of 87-58. The bill then traveled to the Senate, where it initially appeared it may face potential obstacles.

The Senate, rather than immediately considering the House-approved bill, proposed a completely new law, confusing many citizen activists.

Adding to the confusion, the Senate then sent their new version forward in the legislative process, while sending the House version to their newly formed Special Committee on Constitutional Issues—which they created just for this particular bill.

The Senate’s actions left citizens wondering which proposal was actually being considered and why senators were over-complicating the process.

After pressure from citizens, the Senate ultimately scrapped their own proposal and instead chose to send the House version forward to the full chamber for a vote.

A week later, the full Senate approved the bill on a party-line vote of 18-13. However, they made several changes to the proposal, forcing it back to the House for reconsideration.

Back in the House, Democrat state representatives attempted to kill the bill with parliamentary maneuvers, but the bill’s author, State Rep. Matt Schaefer (R–Tyler), requested the Legislature appoint a conference committee—a panel of 10 lawmakers from the House and Senate—to work out the changes in the proposed law.

On Sunday, that committee completed their work and released their final version of the law. By Monday evening, the House and Senate both approved the final document.

The bill will now head to the governor’s desk to be signed into state law and will make Texas the 21st state in the nation to enact a constitutional carry law.

Rep. Schaefer said this bill is about empowering law-abiding Texans to protect themselves and their families from violent criminals.

“The simple truth is that those that intend evil, those who are criminals, don’t care what [the state Legislature] does in this building. They haven’t in the past, and they won’t in the future. We are charged with defending the freedoms that are owed to Texans and guaranteed by the Constitution,” Schaefer told fellow lawmakers in his closing speech on Monday.

“I want to stop tragedies. I am against evil acts. But my faith is with law-abiding Texans, who are the first to respond because they are there,” Schaefer continued. “It is that man or woman that owes the duty to themselves, to their children, to the families, to the people they are with, to defend themselves. How long before someone with authority shows up? How long? Who’s responsible for me and my family?”

“Law-abiding citizens carrying a handgun have to follow a narrow path,” he concluded. “After this bill passes, they will still have to follow a narrow path. But a person who wants to harm someone goes wherever they want, whenever they want. The Second Amendment says ‘the right to keep and bear arms,’ and law-abiding citizens should have the constitutional right to bear arms.”

After the governor’s signature, the law will take effect on September 1.
Will Abbot sign it ? Only reason I asked is our former governor vetoed it 3 times when it his his desk. I'm liking our new governor, one of the things he ran on was if it hit his desk he would sign it and he did. Gook luck gentlemen I hope it goes through.
Good news that it has been finally signed into Texas law.
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Will Abbot sign it ? Only reason I asked is our former governor vetoed it 3 times when it his his desk. I'm liking our new governor, one of the things he ran on was if it hit his desk he would sign it and he did. Gook luck gentlemen I hope it goes through.

Well, Moms Want Action will be sending a petition to hot wheels demanding that he not sign it. I don't think he'll listen to those bints.
Originally Posted by crittrgittr

Well, Moms Want Action will be sending a petition to hot wheels demanding that he not sign it. I don't think he'll listen to those bints.

Abbott's already committed publicly to signing the bill.

Abbott said, “Once the Senate passes it out, the House and Senate will convene and work out any differences and get it to my desk. And I’ll be signing it.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ays-will-sign-constitutional-carry-bill/
Good deal, of course, I've always carried anyways, just don't have to worry about getting in trouble now.

Try again.

I'm not trying to start an argument with you, but did you actually read the Brett Sanders survey/article you provided the link for, or just the title and parts of the article the author chose to highlight? I've been out watching my kids rodeo all day and I might be lacking some comprehension, but the title of the article doesn't seem to match the content.

My take away is that 66% of Sherriff's actually voted "NO" to allowing a law abiding person to carry open or concealed without a license (Question 1). It's only when it's phrased as "constitutional carry" that it gets an 83% approval (Question 2). Which means, the Sherriff's may not know what "constitutional carry" is and just support the buzzword.

Look deeper in the article and you'll see the actual questions and responses.
Question 3 says 88.5% of sheriff's do not believe a CHL infringes on our unalienable right to bear arms.
Question 4 says 60% support open carry. However,
Question 5 says 88.7% of sheriff's believe a CHL should be required for open carry.

I do agree with others that the litmus test may be the history of what has happened in other states when constitutional carry has been allowed. I still think we had a CHL concealed/open carry system that wasn't broken.

And NO, I'm not a CHL instructor.

If sheriffs want to make law than they should run for congress. Otherwise they are no more than the average citizen when it comes to votes. Many know less about the constitution than the average too. Well, at least those born before 2000, maybe 1990.
I present the Texas constitutional carry fiasco, and even this is incomplete. I'll swear, the legislature has a Republican majority and instead of this being a slam-dunk they turn it into a high-wire act. It's the worst in the nation. It'll take THREE sessions, if ever, to clean up this convoluted balderdash.

From GOA:

https://texas.gunowners.org/hb-1927-final-version-what-does-it-say/

Who can carry:

Assuming Gov. Abbott signs HB 1927, then, beginning September 1, those age 21+ who can legally possess a firearm will be able to carry a handgun – concealed, or openly in a holster – in non-prohibited public places.

Exception: those who have been convicted of certain misdemeanors in the previous five years will not be able to carry handguns outside of their property or vehicle. These misdemeanors include assault causing bodily injury; deadly conduct; terroristic threat; and disorderly conduct with a firearm. (See Section 22 of the Conference Committee Report.)

Note: We opposed this exception because it creates a class of people who cannot carry handguns even though they can legally possess firearms – and because several of these misdemeanors are defined so loosely that it is easy to be convicted even when not acting wrongly.

See this handout for a listing of people prohibited by Federal and Texas law from possessing a firearm.

Prohibited carry:

Prohibited places include the following:

Schools (including both K-12 and colleges; school activities; school buses)

Polling places

Courts or offices utilized by the court

Racetracks

Airports past security

Bars (establishments that make 51% or more of their income from sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption)

Sporting events (high school, college, or professional)

Correctional facilities

Civil commitment facilities

Hospitals

Nursing homes

Mental hospitals

Amusement parks (75+ acres, in large counties, and open at least 120 days a year)

Governmental open meetings if notice is provided

No “Savings Clause” included:

Carry onto prohibited places can result in a Class A misdemeanor or 3rd-degree felony.

The House version had an exception to the penalty (“Savings Clause”): it said that if you carried into one of the above prohibited places but left as soon as you were given personal notice, you could not be penalized.

Unfortunately, the Senate insisted on stripping out the Savings Clause (we supported the Savings Clause).

The final language does include a defense to prosecution if you carry into one of the above prohibited places when no signage was posted informing you that carry was prohibited.

Other prohibited permitless handgun carry:

Carry while intoxicated will be prohibited except on your property, in your vehicle, or on / in another’s property or vehicle with their consent.

Campus carry is still prohibited for permitless carry (only those with an LTC carrying concealed can carry handguns on campuses, and even then, with significant restrictions).

Handgun carry on Lower Colorado River Authority property is protected for LTC holders but not for permitless carry.

Private businesses can prohibit unlicensed carry by providing notice under Penal Code Chapter 30.05. This notice can be a specifically worded sign, somewhat similar to a 30.06 or 30.07 sign, or it can be another sign or communication that simply gives notice that entry with a handgun is forbidden. The maximum penalty is identical to the penalty for carrying past a 30.06 or 30.07 sign: maximum class C misdemeanor and $200 fine if you leave as soon as you’re told to leave.

Federal property: In general, Federal law prohibits carry on Federal property, and state law does not affect Federal property.

Protected permitless handgun carry:

Foster parents who can legally possess firearms will be able to carry handguns while transporting foster children in a vehicle.

Increased penalties:

HB 1927 increases penalties for illegal possession of firearms by the following classes of people. We did not oppose raising the penalty for those with a violent felony conviction or those who have committed a Class A misdemeanor of family violence.

Note: We opposed increasing penalties for mere passive possession of a firearm by all non-violent felons, because we believe this unjustly includes some who committed a completely nonviolent crime decades earlier.

Excellent!

Great news!!!
I present the Texas constitutional carry fiasco, and even this is incomplete. I'll swear, the legislature has a Republican majority and instead of this being a slam-dunk they turn it into a high-wire act. It's the worst in the nation. It'll take THREE sessions, if ever, to clean up this convoluted balderdash.

From GOA:

https://texas.gunowners.org/hb-1927-final-version-what-does-it-say/

Who can carry:

Assuming Gov. Abbott signs HB 1927, then, beginning September 1, those age 21+ who can legally possess a firearm will be able to carry a handgun – concealed, or openly in a holster – in non-prohibited public places.

Exception: those who have been convicted of certain misdemeanors in the previous five years will not be able to carry handguns outside of their property or vehicle. These misdemeanors include assault causing bodily injury; deadly conduct; terroristic threat; and disorderly conduct with a firearm. (See Section 22 of the Conference Committee Report.)

Note: We opposed this exception because it creates a class of people who cannot carry handguns even though they can legally possess firearms – and because several of these misdemeanors are defined so loosely that it is easy to be convicted even when not acting wrongly.

See this handout for a listing of people prohibited by Federal and Texas law from possessing a firearm.

Prohibited carry:

Prohibited places include the following:

Schools (including both K-12 and colleges; school activities; school buses)

Polling places

Courts or offices utilized by the court

Racetracks

Airports past security

Bars (establishments that make 51% or more of their income from sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption)

Sporting events (high school, college, or professional)

Correctional facilities

Civil commitment facilities

Hospitals

Nursing homes

Mental hospitals

Amusement parks (75+ acres, in large counties, and open at least 120 days a year)

Governmental open meetings if notice is provided

No “Savings Clause” included:

Carry onto prohibited places can result in a Class A misdemeanor or 3rd-degree felony.

The House version had an exception to the penalty (“Savings Clause”): it said that if you carried into one of the above prohibited places but left as soon as you were given personal notice, you could not be penalized.

Unfortunately, the Senate insisted on stripping out the Savings Clause (we supported the Savings Clause).

The final language does include a defense to prosecution if you carry into one of the above prohibited places when no signage was posted informing you that carry was prohibited.

Other prohibited permitless handgun carry:

Carry while intoxicated will be prohibited except on your property, in your vehicle, or on / in another’s property or vehicle with their consent.

Campus carry is still prohibited for permitless carry (only those with an LTC carrying concealed can carry handguns on campuses, and even then, with significant restrictions).

Handgun carry on Lower Colorado River Authority property is protected for LTC holders but not for permitless carry.

Private businesses can prohibit unlicensed carry by providing notice under Penal Code Chapter 30.05. This notice can be a specifically worded sign, somewhat similar to a 30.06 or 30.07 sign, or it can be another sign or communication that simply gives notice that entry with a handgun is forbidden. The maximum penalty is identical to the penalty for carrying past a 30.06 or 30.07 sign: maximum class C misdemeanor and $200 fine if you leave as soon as you’re told to leave.

Federal property: In general, Federal law prohibits carry on Federal property, and state law does not affect Federal property.

Protected permitless handgun carry:

Foster parents who can legally possess firearms will be able to carry handguns while transporting foster children in a vehicle.

Increased penalties:

HB 1927 increases penalties for illegal possession of firearms by the following classes of people. We did not oppose raising the penalty for those with a violent felony conviction or those who have committed a Class A misdemeanor of family violence.

Note: We opposed increasing penalties for mere passive possession of a firearm by all non-violent felons, because we believe this unjustly includes some who committed a completely nonviolent crime decades earlier.
Typical. Politicians could screw up a wet dream.
They just applied the same restrictions that apply to Texas LTC holders. Figured that would be thrown in from the start.
Nothing new here. Same places you could not ever carry a gun in TX.

At least good, honest Texans won’t have to pay for a License or wait 3 or 4 months for the application to go through before they can carry now.

Regardless, I’m glad it finally passed. Bout damn time.

I’ll still keep my LTC for travel purposes, though, since we have Reciprocal Agreements with 40 other States.
will this be for Texas residents only , or any citizen of the USA ?
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger

It applies to everyone in Texas.

If you live somewhere else, but are visiting or working in Texas, the law applies to you.

If you live somewhere else, but are visiting or working in Texas, the law applies to you.

good deal........I think there are some of the "constitutional" carry states where only residents are allowed to carry without a permit
Watch the 'sausage (law) being made' in the Texas Senate. Sen. Eddie Lucio, Jr. Cameron County and Sen. Juan "Chuy" Hinojosa Hidalgo County give their parting shots at the inevitable:

https://tlcsenate.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=49&clip_id=16215

2:26:16 - Bill called up
2:26:44 - Sen. Schwertner recognized
2:29:02 - Sen. West - Questions of the author
2:32:55 - Sen. Huffman - Questions of the author
2:35:59 - Sen. Menendez - Questions of the author
2:43:21 - Sen. Whitmire - Questions of the author
2:52:34 - Sen. Lucio - Questions of the author
2:56:03 - Sen. Hinojosa - Questions of the author
3:01:51 - Sen. Schwertner moves adoption - record vote 17 ayes - 13 nays, conference committee report is adopted
They just applied the same restrictions that apply to Texas LTC holders. Figured that would be thrown in from the start.
Nothing new here. Same places you could not ever carry a gun in TX.

At least good, honest Texans won’t have to pay for a License or wait 3 or 4 months for the application to go through before they can carry now.

Regardless, I’m glad it finally passed. Bout damn time.

I’ll still keep my LTC for travel purposes, though, since we have Reciprocal Agreements with 40 other States.

This.
Watch the 'sausage (law) being made' in the Texas Senate. Sen. Eddie Lucio, Jr. Cameron County and Sen. Juan "Chuy" Hinojosa Hidalgo County give their parting shots at the inevitable:

https://tlcsenate.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=49&clip_id=16215

2:26:16 - Bill called up
2:26:44 - Sen. Schwertner recognized
2:29:02 - Sen. West - Questions of the author
2:32:55 - Sen. Huffman - Questions of the author
2:35:59 - Sen. Menendez - Questions of the author
2:43:21 - Sen. Whitmire - Questions of the author
2:52:34 - Sen. Lucio - Questions of the author
2:56:03 - Sen. Hinojosa - Questions of the author
3:01:51 - Sen. Schwertner moves adoption - record vote 17 ayes - 13 nays, conference committee report is adopted

They absolutely couldn't have gotten any dumber, or more desperate.

Always good for a clown show.

Does this clause include Corps of Engineers property like say their public hunting areas and national forests in Texas?

Does this clause include Corps of Engineers property like say their public hunting areas and national forests in Texas?

I think they mean federal buildings and infrastructure...

I lived and worked in Natl. Forests in NM, and never saw it stop anyone from carrying open or concealed.

National Parks and Monuments probably not.
FO is pleased !

Larry Root luvs him her some Walmart

Well, it’s Friday and if it was signed already by Gov Abbot I musta missed it.

Is there a deadline on signing?
Well, it’s Friday and if was signed already by Gov Abbot I musta missed it.

Is there a deadline on signing?

I don't think there is. As long as it's on or before the date in the bill to become effective.

I also think the governor can refuse to sign the bill, but it would become law by default after so many days. (As long as he doesn't veto it.)
So no restrictions on what you can carry? Suppose I want to carry my Colt Woodsman all the time?
So no restrictions on what you can carry? Suppose I want to carry my Colt Woodsman all the time?

Whatever floats your boat is legal, it's all about whatever discomfort you're willing to endure to carry it.
It will make no difference, but I get it.
.22 wouldn’t be MY first choice. But it beats the heck out of a stick. 🤠
I’ll still need my Texas LTC - in order to legally carry in other states which recognize Texas reciprocity, but not currently “unlicensed carry” states.
.22 wouldn’t be MY first choice. But it beats the heck out of a stick. 🤠

There are times when a .22 can be pretty useful, having a gun on you isn't always about self defense. And like you said still better than a sharp stick.
Two weeks later, still not signed into law.

What’s the holdup?
It will still pass even if the Gov doesn’t sign it.
As long as he doesn’t Veto it.
Has it reached his desk?

If so, why has he not signed it, didn’t he State publicly that he would sign it if and when it reached his desk?
Has it reached his desk?

If so, why has he not signed it, didn’t he State publicly that he would sign it if and when it reached his desk?

Both it and the suppresser bill have been signed, will be law Sept.1.
He'll sign it.

Not been anything about any of the bills on his desk yet.

I think it reads the bills then does it all in short order.
Has it reached his desk?

Reads like you are hoping he doesn't sign it...
Has it reached his desk?

I can't find anything that shows those bills signed yet...
Has it reached his desk?

If so it has somehow escaped the attention of the media, as of Friday 4th no signature yet....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texastribune.org/2021/06/04/texas-constitutional-carry-el-paso/amp/
Any further word on this?
I heard he signed both bills. Guess I am wrong.
All the latest;

Celebrating Texas' best stand for gun rights since the Alamo!

Hello friend,

Texas' 87th Legislative Session brought unprecedented wins for the right to keep and bear arms! It was almost certainly the most pro-gun session in Texas history. We're thrilled to bring you this session recap on the legislation that you helped to pass!

Priority Legislation PASSED by the Texas Legislature

Before session, we identified several GOA priorities. We're thrilled that the Legislature passed four of our priorities -- including our top priority, HB 1927. All four of the bills below were sent to the Governor within the last few days of session, which means that he has until June 20 to take action. After being signed, these bills will go into effect on September 1. We will keep you updated!

Constitutional Carry (HB 1927 by Schaefer)

The term "Constitutional Carry" is used across the nation to mean "if you can legally own a handgun, you can carry it, open or concealed, without a permit." This bill repeals the permit requirement to carry a handgun for legal gun owners age 21+, with one small exception: those who have been convicted within the past five years of one of four misdemeanor offenses (bodily assault causing injury, deadly conduct, terroristic threat, or disorderly conduct with a firearm) will not be able to carry handguns in public places under this bill even though they can legally possess firearms.

The existing prohibited places will still be in place for all those who can legally carry a handgun. We oppose prohibited places; however, the important issue of "gun-free" zones is historically addressed separately from Constitutional Carry. We will prioritize this issue in the next legislative session.

The current LTC law will not change -- you can still apply for an LTC using the same process and eligibility requirements. Texans may choose to keep their LTCs for reciprocity and gun purchases. Also, campus carry will still require an LTC.

Remember that, even after the Governor signs HB 1927, the bill will not go into effect until September 1. It is important for Texans to take personal responsibility to know the law and to be trained before carrying a handgun. You may wish to obtain this free e-booklet produced by the top self-defense attorneys in Texas explaining the new Constitutional Carry law. You also get first access to the official GOA Texas HB1927 FAQ handout!

See HB 1927 FAQ | Read final passed version

Repeal of Emergency Powers (HB 1500 by Hefner)

This bill repeals a Texas governor's current statutory ability to regulate firearms during a disaster declaration or state of emergency. It also codifies AG Paxton's opinion that municipalities are prohibited from regulating gun stores through local emergency declarations.

See bill information | Read final passed version

Suppressor Freedom (HB 957 by Oliverson)

This bill repeals the Texas criminal penalty for manufacturing, transporting, or possessing a suppressor without following Federal regulations. It establishes a class of "Made in Texas" suppressors that will be declared exempt from Federal regulations if they meet certain criteria. It also gives a path to secure a court judgment on the constitutionality of this law before someone manufactures "Made in Texas" suppressors. Anyone who wants to take advantage of this law should first give notice to the Attorney General, who is then required to seek a declaratory judgment from a federal court upholding the constitutionality of this law.

Please understand that this bill is an important first step but not the final step. We urge you to wait for a final court judgment before attempting to make or own Made In Texas suppressors.

Those who try to manufacture or own suppressors without following Federal regulations before a successful and final court judgment may be subject to prosecution for a felony offense.

Also, remember that even after a successful court judgment, you will still need to fully follow Federal suppressor regulations for all suppressors that do not meet the specific Made In Texas requirements.

Second Amendment Sanctuary (HB 2622 by Holland)

This bill helps to keep Texas personnel and resources from being used to enforce Federal gun-related laws enacted after January 19, 2021 that are not in Texas law. If an entity or agency violates the provision and tries to help enforce future federal gun laws, that entity will be denied state funding.

Note that the bill is not designed to protect against existing Federal infringements or against any state-level infringements, and it does not stop the federal government from enforcing its own laws.

"When is the Governor going to sign Constitutional Carry?"

We understand that you are all anxious to see these bills signed. We're thrilled to let you know that Governor Abbott has announced that he will be signing these priority bills (including Constitutional Carry) next week at a special signing ceremony.

See a note from Rachel with additional information.

If you want to receive a text alert as soon as we have public updates about bill signings, be sure to opt in to our text alerts: text your zip code to 833-922-1212.

More Pro-Gun Bills Passed by the Texas Legislature

In addition to the four priority bills listed above, the Legislature also passed the following bills related to your right to keep and bear arms:

HB 781 by Sanford: on-body carry for junior college school marshals (this is also covered by SB 741)

HB 918 by Leman: LTC for 18-20-year-old domestic violence victims

HB 1387 by Harris: foster home firearm storage (guns and ammo together in the same safe)

HB 1407 by Schaefer: expands open carry options in vehicles (this is also covered by HB 1927)

HB 2112 by Metcalf / SB 550 by Springer: removes the "belt and shoulder" holster requirement for open carry (this is also covered by HB 1927)

HB 2675 by Guillen: expedited LTC for domestic violence victims and their families

SB 19 by Schwertner: limits taxpayer-funded contracts with anti-gun companies

SB 20 by Campbell: traveler protection (firearm possession by hotel guests)

SB 741 by Hughes: on-body carry for all school marshals

What's Next?

We're humbled and thankful for all of our amazing members who showed up, stood up, and spoke up. It is because of your dedication that we achieved historical wins for gun rights this year.

But we're not done yet! Stay tuned for more information about projects we're planning for this fall and how you can continue to be involved in the GOA Texas community.

In the meantime, please consider joining or giving an additional donation to support our continued fight for your all-important right to keep and bear arms.

Join GOA Texas!

For liberty,

Rachel Malone
GOA Texas Director

Felisha Bull
GOA Texas Director

Gun Owners of America
8001 Forbes Pl. Ste. 202
Springfield, VA 22151

You are currently subscribed to a mailing list of Gun Owners of America. If you wish to unsubscribe, please click here.
VoterVoice
Thanks for the Update, Bob!

Hear! Hear!
Tks Bob!

Just goes to show you what a Republican majority can get done if they have the resolve. I wish things like this had been accomplished at the National level by the House and Senate when we were able..
Tks Bob!

Just goes to show you what a Republican majority can get done if they have the resolve. I wish things like this had been accomplished at the National level by the House and Senate when we were able..

Never forget: Sen. Chuck Grassley killed H.R. 38 at the end of 2018 - national concealed carry reciprocity act. It would have let anybody with a state-issued license carry in ANY state.
Abbott has until Monday to sign the Bill.

Apparently he is being pressured by TX Law Enforcement to veto the Bill.

https://house.texas.gov/about-us/bill/

GOVENOR’S ACTION

Upon receiving a bill a governor has 10 days in which to sign the law, veto it, or allow it to become law without a signature

The final version was passed by the committee May 24th, almost three weeks ago, dunno the official date of Gov. Abbott receiving the bill.

https://house.texas.gov/about-us/bill/

GOVENOR’S ACTION

Upon receiving a bill a governor has 10 days in which to sign the law, veto it, or allow it to become law without a signature

The final version was passed by the committee May 24th, almost three weeks ago, dunno the official date of Gov. Abbott receiving the bill.

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2021/06/11/deadline-abbott-constitutional-carry-n46439
Has Abbott followed through with his promise and signed The Bill?
"Never forget: Sen. Chuck Grassley killed H.R. 38 at the end of 2018 - national concealed carry reciprocity act. It would have let anybody with a state-issued license carry in ANY state."

A bill repugnant to the whole idea of having separate states.
Has Abbott followed through with his promise and signed The Bill?

Nary a peep in the media so I expect not, at least now it will become law by default..... I hope.

Prob'ly he's waiting for a more politically opportune time to sign it and other new firearms-related laws, doing this right after the Austin shooting would just be handing raw meat to the MSM.
Originally Posted by 5thShock
"Never forget: Sen. Chuck Grassley killed H.R. 38 at the end of 2018 - national concealed carry reciprocity act. It would have let anybody with a state-issued license carry in ANY state."

So your drivers license shouldn't be recognized in ALL states? Wouldn't that be equally repugnant?
Originally Posted by MickeyD

So your drivers license shouldn't be recognized in ALL states? Wouldn't that be equally repugnant?

Interstate driving is so beneficial to the commerce of all states that I think it probably is a legitimate special case. But I do take your point.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...as-constitutional-carry-greg-abbott/amp/
And further proof,,,,

https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=87R&Bill=HB1927
Does this bill apply to anyone legally present in Texas or just residents?
Originally Posted by MickeyD

Interstate driving is so beneficial to the commerce of all states that I think it probably is a legitimate special case. But I do take your point.

"The right of the people KEEP and BEAR arms SHALL NOT be infringed" is FAR more beneficial to a free society!!!!! The only gun control laws we should have would be those that were in place at the time the Constitution was ratified.....that would be none!

By the way, a marriage license from any state is recognized by all states. That surely must also be repugnant to the idea of separate states???

"By the way, a marriage license from any state is recognized by all states. That surely must also be repugnant to the idea of separate states???"

I stand well and truly corrected. You are right, I was wrong.
JFC, it's a done deal and nobody in Texas really cares. I get the symbolic significance, but if you understood the previous laws and culture you'd know that nothing will change.
JFC, it's a done deal and nobody in Texas really cares. I get the symbolic significance, but if you understood the previous laws and culture you'd know that nothing will change.

the only thing that will change for me is I'll carry a 1911 now that I don't have to worry about concealing it, especially in the summer.
© 24hourcampfire