Home
Posted By: Beoceorl Punctuation Really Does Count - 04/20/21
Really.

[Linked Image]
Walkers, dog walkers, and other groups have been pretty busy on the WMA I hunt, especially since the Plague began. Used to avoid weekends because of all the extra hunters. Now it’s packs of civilians.

VA makes you buy an access permit for their properties if you don’t have some kind of hunting or fishing license. Think it’s time for WV to think about that.
Posted By: rte Re: Punctuation Really Does Count - 04/20/21

LOL

The person who created that sign is a graduate of our wonderful public school system.
Originally Posted by rte

LOL

The person who created that sign is a graduate of our wonderful public school system.

Or maybe he wasn't and the sign says exactly what was intended? grin
As one of the board's self-appointed Grammar Cops, I'd be delighted if people would learn to correctly use just the apostrophe. I still see people using one to pluralize instead of possession, and nobody seems to know the difference between your and you're.

These are correct examples: Rick Bin's forums are full of grammar mistakes. Your problem is you're ignorant.
Half of the mistakes made spelling, are the result of Otto spell.
Originally Posted by Heym06

No. Those are due to our “educational system” being used for liberal indoctrination and feel good bullchit instead of basic education in STEM
this one has been around a long time. It doesn't mention the fast children.

[Linked Image from images.smartsign.com]
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

No. Those are due to our “educational system” being used for liberal indoctrination and feel good bullchit instead of basic education in STEM

So spelling mistakes, made by senior citizens is due to liberal indoctrination and feel good bull schitt. I don't think so! You are correct about the edcuation system, as we know it today!
Posted By: las Re: Punctuation Really Does Count - 04/20/21
There is a sign on Airport Way in Fairbanks that says (possibly with some veracity),

STATE JAIL
PIONEERS HOME
<-------

I love it!
Posted By: las Re: Punctuation Really Does Count - 04/20/21
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
As one of the board's self-appointed Grammar Cops, I'd be delighted if people would learn to correctly use just the apostrophe. I still see people using one to pluralize instead of possession, and nobody seems to know the difference between your and you're.

These are correct examples: Rick Bin's forums are full of grammar mistakes. Your problem is you're ignorant.

I was of yore.... smile

[Linked Image from cdn.someecards.com]

Rocky.....
You need a snickers bar baaaadly man.

Signed' , : ; ???

Biggest offender of english rules and spelling on here!!!
😁😁😁

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Our daughter saw that sign a number of years ago, her comment was "Awww . . . that's so sad".
Nearly noon here on the Left Coast. Let's eat Grandpa.

There, their, they're
It’s a personal peeve I’ll admit. I don’t suffer fools or incompetence.
You can barely read some replies do too two or more syntax error's. Be Well, RZ.
Homophobes and homophones together in one place. There probably happy their they're.
Originally Posted by Hastings
Homophobes and homophones together in one place. There probably happy their they're.

They’re probably happy they’re there.

Flummoxed much?

< guffaw >
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

So spelling mistakes, made by senior citizens is due to liberal indoctrination and feel good bull schitt. I don't think so! You are correct about the edcuation system, as we know it today!

I am 64 years old. It has been going on since I was in school.
Posted By: Dess Re: Punctuation Really Does Count - 04/20/21
Two bears with invited their neighbor Bob over for a meal. When the preparations are complete, here's the conversation:

Let's eat, Bob...
or
Let's eat Bob.

Comma's are important to Bob.
Originally Posted by ModelT
It’s a personal peeve I’ll admit. I don’t suffer fools or incompetence.

Well that is really special, welcome to suffer centralgrin

LOL

mike r
Irregardless the point is mute
[Linked Image from mk0gshpinc6hrnokfucq.kinstacdn.com]
Let's eat, grandma. Let's eat grandma.
Change the original sign from pedestrians to progressives -
and I could care less. But, I would be much happier! smile smile smile
Originally Posted by Dess
Two bears with invited their neighbor Bob over for a meal. When the preparations are complete, here's the conversation:

Let's eat, Bob...
or
Let's eat Bob.

Comma's are important to Bob.

I think Bob is too trusting, and lives in a weird neighbourhood
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

We should have these posted at our hunt club.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

We should have these posted at our hunt club.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Do slow children playing grow up to be slow men working?

YES !

Some people ain't go no learnin !! smirk wink
grin
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
You can barely read some replies do too two or more syntax error's. Be Well, RZ.

yes, 3 at least grin
When I was in first grade in 1957, the teacher wanted us to put a period at the end of sentence.

My thought was, "My parents would never put a period at the end of a sentence. This idea of a period is ridiculous."
My excuse for my grammer......

This damn smart phone has a type A personality and just takes charge of whatever I try to send.....

Smart phone my ass...
Can we get the last portion to read "commies rioting in the streets" ?
Sad people go to school for years and can't understand things without what they see written using absolutely 100% what's considered proper English...

Is that like today's young that can't make change?
Posted By: las Re: Punctuation Really Does Count - 04/21/21
Ambiguity can be fun.
Originally Posted by mark shubert

Or maybe you really couldn't care less?
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Originally Posted by mark shubert

Or maybe you really couldn't care less?

How often I see this error. But generally I couldn't care less about what others do.
It started out people could not care less. People had trouble with reality in English. Also complaining that something is a crock of dirt. Now it is a lot of crock? What? Thinking before they say something is a good skill to develope. Maybe with the new anglisch it is devellup. But we went deer hunting and we SEEN em as they COME over the ridge. It will make no difference with us discussing it. They are too lazy to care if they are ignorant. And maybe don't own a dictionary. And that's not about on a smart phone. Be Well, RZ.
© 24hourcampfire