Home
Posted By: MPat70 CMMG .22lr conversation kit - 04/23/21
Anyone with experience using the CMMG 22lr conversation kit for their .556/.223 AR-15?
Here are some results I posted up a couple years back.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../13764559/cmmg-22lr-adaptor#Post13764559
I am interested too. I bought a MK Banshee 10 mm.....my favorite gun, only weighs 5 lbs. Takes Glock 15 33 mags. I wonder if they make a conversion kit too. I'm really impressed with the workmanship of these rifle/pistols.
Posted By: MTDan Re: CMMG .22lr conversation kit - 04/23/21
I've had great luck with my dedicated CMMG .22 upper. Same guts as the conversion kit, but with a barrel twisted for .22LR. very accurate and no reliability issues
Originally Posted by MTDan
I've had great luck with my dedicated CMMG .22 upper. Same guts as the conversion kit, but with a barrel twisted for .22LR. very accurate and no reliability issues

+1
Mine has een flawless and extremely accurate.
Mine has been flawless and extremely accurate.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: CMMG .22lr conversation kit - 04/23/21

My AR has a 1-8 twist so the .22lr may not be as accurate. I might look into the dedicated upper. Thanks for the info.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Here are some results I posted up a couple years back.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../13764559/cmmg-22lr-adaptor#Post13764559

Good deal. Thanks for the information.
Originally Posted by Lonerider
Mine has been flawless and extremely accurate.

What is your barrel twist?
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

+1

That's really the only way to go, if you want to get any kind of good accuracy. 3" groups may work for some people, but not me. I'd invest in the complete upper. I say this after witnessing what guys at my club have went through with their conversion kits... The best example and most recent was at one of our golf ball shoots. Guy couldn't even hit the golf balls at 50 yards with his.
© 24hourcampfire