Home
Love to sit on the front porch sipping cheap wine and watching a thunderstorm roll in.

This one is shaping up to be more intense than most.
Headed our way, Birdie. Looking like early hours Friday.
Sounded like someone casually throwing rocks, before the storm hardly started.
Make sure the manure holding your grass hut together doesn't get soggy.
my pavillion has a metal roof and open framing. a hail storm under that sucker will deafen you. even a hard rain is loud as heck
Only thunder out here Mike. That said, the vehicles are in.
Was guaranteed to be here yesterday, last night, today and tonight.

Sprinkled a bit here yesterday on Buchanan at 1:00 but not enough to.make me head for the boat ramp.

Big storm woke me at 5:00 am today. Huge lightning show and 4” of rain. More big storms rolling through tonight.

Had some golf ball sized hail last week here.
Some of the best sleeping is done under a tin roof.

It makes a small shower seem like a flood.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

grin

Mud huts defy all expectations to those without experience with ‘em, thatch roofs too.

A good hour plus long heavy rain, another round inbound, we need it.
Is this similar to Head Banging?!
Norman OK, about 10 miles south of us, just had a multi-million dollar thunderstorm roll through with high winds and tennis ball sized hail. Car windshields were shattered, and even home glass windows shattered. Poles blown over, obvious roof damage. So far no report of tornado, just high winds, rain and hail.

https://www.news9.com/story/608a263...ilstorm-causes-damage-flooding--outages-
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

You're nearly as mean as slumlord.
Not sure who Hal is, or why he is banging off on the roof of your neighbor's carport, but if I were you I would call the cops
This far South we usually escape the worst storm damage, even as compared to the North Side of San Antonio, gotta be an elevation thing.

2:00am, ‘Nother cell moving in (third round).

The local toads (plains toads) are throwing a party in the ditch down the street, around here they gotta make hay while the sun shines,metaphorically speaking.
So far in Austin, lots of racket and lightning, little rain.
Send it all down here! smile
A foot of thunder and lightening here.

Very little rain
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Norman OK, about 10 miles south of us, just had a multi-million dollar thunderstorm roll through with high winds and tennis ball sized hail. Car windshields were shattered, and even home glass windows shattered. Poles blown over, obvious roof damage. So far no report of tornado, just high winds, rain and hail.

And 50 miles east we just got a little more rain.
After watching his first hailstorm, my young nephew thought hail popped out of the grass and he was afraid to step on it.

The same kid would give snapping turtles a 50’ cushion - for all he knew they were as fast as cats.

Nephew grew into one of the most practical people I know.
Dodged a bullet, major hail and wind damage just west of town and on the far North Side.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/202...from-severe-weather-west-of-san-antonio/

Originally Posted by JOG
After watching his first hailstorm, my young nephew thought hail popped out of the grass and he was afraid to step on it.

The same kid would give snapping turtles a 50’ cushion - for all he knew they were as fast as cats.

Are you sure you had no role in giving the kid those impressions? 🙂
About 11:30 last night it started to rain.

It has been going since then and it is nice.

Can't remember when it did this last so i hope the rain gauge don't have a crack in it. grin

my grandson got hit in his area of Fort Worth last night. 2 hours later some measured 2 inches across.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

I had heard about that, but only saw some of the video damage this morning on local news... Back windows of cars shown were GONE - and plastic was taped on all over the place.. Roofs of buildings looked like they'd just been strafed by WWII fighters... Damn.....
© 24hourcampfire