Home
Posted By: Great_Wazoo Save the NRA - 04/29/21
Everyone that cares about the Second Amendment should know about the troubles that Wayne LaPierre has caused the NRA. You can find out a great deal of that information right here.

Edit added: This is not a link to an NRA site, this is about ousting WLP!

Help Save the NRA

Some folks have simply moved on to supporting other organizations like GOA. They are certainly worthy of your support. But none of them can replace the NRA and all of the benefits that it has traditionally provided to gun owners.

If you would like to see the NRA back on its feet Please look into saving the NRA. There is a go Fund Me associated with the group if you decide they are worthy of your support.

Go Fund Me link for Help Save the NRA

Disclaimer: I am not in any way affiliated with this group, but I do think they are doing necessary work.

GW
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Save the NRA - 04/29/21
Wayne L. and the NRA BOD are the only ones that can save it now, by getting rid of Wayne and actually starting to fight for the 2nd instead of always compromising more of our rights away. Until that happens fuuck the NRA. I hope it dies.
Posted By: Great_Wazoo Re: Save the NRA - 04/29/21
Yeah....they don't get another nickel from me until WLP is gone.

The Retire WLP website I linked is about that, as well as fixing the Board.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Save the NRA - 04/29/21
The NRA could save themselves.

They won't.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Save the NRA - 04/29/21
Originally Posted by Great_Wazoo
Yeah....they don't get another nickel from me until WLP is gone.

The Retire WLP website I linked is about that, as well as fixing the Board.

Just a guess but WLP would probably leave with the right golden parachute but he’s not worth it.

As Rbb said, they could save themselves but they won’t and we members have ourselves to blame for the present state of the NRA.

Jmo
Posted By: urbaneruralite Re: Save the NRA - 04/29/21
NRA has not done the heavy lifting for quite some time. Do not waste your resources nor effort on the weakest link.

There's a progun bill in the House right now. GoA and NAGR are on it. NRA not so much. Supporting NRA literally makes us weaker.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Save the NRA - 04/29/21
For God's sake don't give them money while WLP is still there unless you're trying to fund his next vacation. [bleep] that POS, and [bleep] the NRA for letting him get away with his BS. GOA for me.
Posted By: boliep Re: Save the NRA - 04/29/21

Wayne is not going to leave the NRA until his paycheck bounces.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Save the NRA - 04/29/21
Originally Posted by boliep

Someone had posted a long while back that WLP had a modified poison pill type departure package.

That’s been back when Oliver North and Col. West were trying to invoke major changes to the org.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Save the NRA - 04/29/21
NRA=BLM
Posted By: antlers Re: Save the NRA - 04/29/21
lmao
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

They won't.

NRA can eat a bag of dicks.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
Yeah, let's contribute to the wealth of Go Fund Me, the crowd sourcing company that shut down the Kyle Rittenhouse fund, to support a dysfunctional "gun rights" organization that is led by a dishonest, bumbling, self-serving sorry excuse of a human. That's a double dose of dipshittery right there.
Posted By: KyWindageII Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
Screw the NRA. My dad gave me a life membership in 1966 and I used it to shoot competitively and for club membership for years. After Wayne took charge I stopped contributing and was glad my magazine subscriptions was costing them money.
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
Pass.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Yeah, let's contribute to the wealth of Go Fund Me, the crowd sourcing company that shut down the Kyle Rittenhouse fund, to support a dysfunctional "gun rights" organization that is led by a dishonest, bumbling, self-serving sorry excuse of a human. That's a double dose of dipshittery right there.

LaPierre had his own Go Fund Me page where he was able to suck lavish vacations and $5,000 suits off his contributors. Another bumbling, dishonest, self serving, sorry excuse of a human. Funny how BLM and NRA are able to use fear to get folks to pony up. Wayne is a dick. Maybe he can get a house next to that BLM dingbat.
Posted By: reivertom Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
Wayne and his minions know exactly how we feel. They don't give a rat's ass about the NRA or they'd quit..
Posted By: hanco Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
No mo money, no mo money, no mo money
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

They won't.

Exactly!

Just like I said in my comments on the petition to dump LaPew, "Not one thin dime until LaPierre resigns, retires, goes away, gets hit by a bus, abducted by aliens..........."
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
How many of you have written a nice letter to the Board of Directors asking that WLP be departed from the organization, otherwise you'll be contributing elsewhere. WLP is not the NRA, he is supposed to REPRESENT the NRA, and we the NRA are dissatisfied with his performance.
Posted By: blanket Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
Life member for 50 years, instructor in rifle, pistol and shotgun. They can eat a bag of dicks until Wayne Is gone
Posted By: JackRyan Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
Not me.

I wrote asking them to dump all the good times band wagon green ass members they had to BEG to even get to join a gun organization the last ten years. Keep Wayne and get rid of the whiney ass do nothings.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
Originally Posted by JackRyan
Not me.

I wrote asking them to dump all the good times band wagon green ass members they had to BEG to even get to join a gun organization the last ten years. Keep Wayne and get rid of the whiney ass do nothings.

Some people don't mind being played.
Posted By: JackRyan Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
Originally Posted by Great_Wazoo
Everyone that cares about the Second Amendment should know about the troubles that Wayne LaPierre has caused the NRA. You can find out a great deal of that information right here.

Help Save the NRA

Some folks have simply moved on to supporting other organizations like GOA. They are certainly worthy of your support. But none of them can replace the NRA and all of the benefits that it has traditionally provided to gun owners.

If you would like to see the NRA back on its feet Please look into saving the NRA. There is a go Fund Me associated with the group if you decide they are worthy of your support.

Go Fund Me link for Help Save the NRA

Disclaimer: I am not in any way affiliated with this group, but I do think they are doing necessary work.

GW

I don't believe you ever spent a nickle or ten minutes doing anything to support gun owners or the NRA.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
Originally Posted by boliep

Even if he has to cash them in prison.
Posted By: Great_Wazoo Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
So...for those that assumed these links are to an NRA site....they are not. They go to the Retire Wayne LaPierre site.

It is former board member Dave Dell'Aquila's grass roots effort to oust WLP and reform the board. I titled this thread "help save the NRA" because there is still a baby in that bath water. If you give a damn about the 2A, go to the site and read up. If links scare you, here is the URL:

https://helpsavethenra.com/

Info from there web page below:

Our Approach
About Me
My name is David Dell’Aquila and I am a strong and tireless supporter of the 2nd Amendment. Over the past twelve months, I tried to work within the current NRA’s leadership to reform it. I have spoken to several of Mr.LaPierre’s direct reports and it was only until the 2019 Annual NRA Meeting in Indy that I realized that reform from within is not possible.

Please join me in the grassroots effort to ‘retire’ LaPierre and his leadership and begin an era of ‘accountability’ and ‘transparency’ to the NRA’s most valuable asset - YOU - the members of the historic NRA!
Posted By: Pugs Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
NRA Advertising through the years

You can see the massive shift from a sportsman, competitor, education driven organization to a gun rights organization with the gun control act of 1968, which they foolishly stood behind as "something we can live with". Shortly after that the politicians went all in on gun control, starting with the "Saturday Night Specials" lie, and the NRA realized that they had to step up to the game. In fact, they were pretty darn effective and despite well-meaning and ineffective things like the Clinton "assault rifle" ban we're as a nation in much better shape nationally in the gun rights than any time since 1968. How many 2nd amendment sanctuary states, Constitutional Carry or Shall issue states did we have then? I think that answer is zero (but I could be wrong).

As a life member, I'll echo others here that the NRA will get zero dollars from me until they get rid of Wayne P and hopefully the complete restructuring of the board. Other things to consider;

- Make it very clear that there is the NRA and the NRA-ILA and where the messaging and roles lines are..

- Very clearly organizationally split the competition and education off from the big umbrella org. Those of us who shoot competitively know that organization does a good job but I'm equally sure that the fees I pay are poached by other areas of the organization - Host grassroots competitive and fun shooting to bring others into it. That should include subsidizing clubs (and other orgs like Appleseed) for firearm and ammo purchases to hold free clinics and attract and train new shooters. We're a nation of shooters and hunters. Let's make sure they all directly understand the link between their rights and laws and it's easier to do that when they are active shooters.

- Team with other gun rights orgs to present a coherent and united message. Don't waste time with duplication. Each org gets respective leads on certain aspects that we need to keep the press on to fix.

- Focus on states. The Federal government has it's guns right issues but the states are the real suppressors of gun rights (yea, I know "move" got it and will in < a year but not everyone has that option). Team with, augment, fund and provide backing for growing states firearms advocates. State representatives are much easier to influence when it's local voting citizens are the one's you're hearing from.

Without a doubt, WLP and his ilk are corrupt and have committed fraud in our organization. There are other good gun rights orgs out there but I'm not writing off the NRA until this legal stuff has passed and we'll see if they are salvageable. If not and dissolved, it opens a need for someone to run competitions as that will go down just like the rest.

Would to hear other's idea's on how to fix the NRA vice just abandoning it.

Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
I think it’s fairly well concluded here that when WLP goes, we’ll return with $ support .

Wazzo, your thread is a good one as is the discussion here from it.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
Originally Posted by JackRyan
Not me.

You are joking????
Posted By: MtnHiker Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
Core Mission aside Wayne should be gone for the financial mismanagement that is likely criminal. The contract with Ackermman McQueen was ridiculuos. 76 board members is a ridiculuos number. The personal spending is ridiculuos. The self dealing is ridiculuos.

Many Years ago on my membership renewal I had to choose which of the 2 magazines (at the time I think they had American Rifleman or American Hunter) to get. I said I wanted both and would pay for the second one. I was on hold forever and they came back with we are not set up for that! I explained Iwould pay a premium and even sent a letter recomending this as a source of revenue. Crickets. Combine that with the massive volume of wasted mail preaching to the choir to a member regareding ILA activities. At that point I knew as an organization the were [bleep] up. They were not making money.

Have not been a member so long I can't even remeber when I dumped them. GOA for now. I would like to see them fixed.
Posted By: bowmanh Re: Save the NRA - 04/30/21
WLP needs to go but it remains to be seen if he will. The NRA could still be a very useful organization, but the board has to step up to make that happen. In the meantime, most of my 2A donations go to the Second Amendment Foundation. They are responsible for most of the Pro-2A cases going through the courts, including the case just accepted by SCOTUS. GOA is a good organization, but unfortunately they do not have the lobbying clout that the NRA has with congress.
© 24hourcampfire