Home
It is with great regret that I must report the condition our our friend, hillbillybear (Shannon Parsons). Shannon has been fighting two types of cancer, multiple myeloma and lymphoma. In recent months, the cancer has gotten much more aggressive. His doctors responded with aggressive treatments of chemotherapy and radiation. Last week, the doctors informed Shannon that they have done all they can for him. With the treatments over, Shannon is now in the care of his two wonderful parents, at their home in western N.C. Although the doctors have given up, Shannon and his family are fighting on. We are asking for prayers from the Campfire faithful for Shannon and his family. For those inclined, please send some prayers for this fine Carolina boy and his family.
Sent!
This sucks to hear. I always thought he was a decent gentleman.
Cancer sucks. Prayers sent

Dale
I'm in.
What a long night.....Prayers sent for Shannon.
Done.
Sad news. Prayer sent.
Sending prayers.
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa.
F cancer. Stay in the fight hillbilly bear. Prayers sent.
Damn.... stay strong HB. Life is worth fighting for.
Woah, another prayer for someone else with cancer this evening? That is sad that it is so very common and has touched your friend.
I will pray as I just did for pahacks friend's son.
May he be healed and blessed with good health, happiness and life forever.

I will pray and ask for the Lord to send someone to him who will share the good news. If he pulls through this and lives a hundred more years, it will be a blessing to him no matter how long on this earth. May he receive this gift from our Good Lord and Savior.

I hope that this will be forwarded to him and he will be blessed before he goes into the surgery.

Done
Prayers for him multiple myeloma is not curable, it took my mother.
Done.
Dammit. Sorry to hear this. Hang in there, HB.
Prayers sent from this locale - for him, and his family.
Prayers for HB and family!
Prayers sent
Prayers for Shannon
Sent!

Prayers sent, may he remain strong and keep the faith! memtb
On the way
For he and his family.

πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Done.
Very sorry to hear this.
Prayers for Shannon and his family .
Hillbillybear is a wonderful person. I never met him, but he always took the time to pray for others despite his own medical issues. He never complained and would humbly ask for prayers.

Dear God, please grant Shannon peace that only you give. Please lift him up beyond his circumstance.

Godspeed Shannon. We are all pulling for you on the fire!
Dang, really sorry. πŸ˜•
Prayers for Shannon and his family.
HBB- You're in my thoughts. Keep your head up.
May God bless HBB and his family during this difficult time.
Prayers sent.
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
F cancer. Stay in the fight hillbilly bear. Prayers sent.

I hate cancer and all that it is!

Prayers for HBB and his family. Stand tall Brother.
Prayers sent
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Hillbillybear is a wonderful person. I never met him, but he always took the time to pray for others despite his own medical issues. He never complained and would humbly ask for prayers.

Dear God, please grant Shannon peace that only you give. Please lift him up beyond his circumstance.

Prayers up πŸ™
Prayers
Prayers for hillbillybear and his wonderful parents.
Prayers sent. I am in a similar fight myself ( both follicular lymphoma and diffuse large b-cell lymphoma). Will be undergoing stem cell transplant next month. The fight can be tough at times but you have to do it. And focus on the now as much as possible

Sending up smoke.

Thoughts and prayers with HBB and his loved ones.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
It is with great regret that I must report the condition our our friend, hillbillybear (Shannon Parsons). Shannon has been fighting two types of cancer, multiple myeloma and lymphoma. In recent months, the cancer has gotten much more aggressive. His doctors responded with aggressive treatments of chemotherapy and radiation. Last week, the doctors informed Shannon that they have done all they can for him. With the treatments over, Shannon is now in the care of his two wonderful parents, at their home in western N.C. Although the doctors have given up, Shannon and his family are fighting on. We are asking for prayers from the Campfire faithful for Shannon and his family. For those inclined, please send some prayers for this fine Carolina boy and his family.

Very sad news and prayers sent. Shannon's a fine man and I hope the best for him and his family.
Shannon is a very good guy. If this is his time to be called home may the Lord ease the suffering in this life for both him and his family. Prayers lifted up by both Jayne and I.
God Bless and prayers sent.....
Prayers sent.
Originally Posted by pahick
Sent!

Right behind pahick !!
Prayers sent.
He and his family are in my prayers.
Done
Very sorry to see this. Prayers sent.
Lifted from Idaho....
Prayers from up north.
They're on the way.
Prayers sent.
Damn. He's a good man. Prayers lifted up....
Shannon and his family are in my prayers
cancer the ultimate evil.prayers sent to all
Praying now for a great guy. Godspeed friend. Amen.
Hang tough Shannon.
Once again, a good man stricken with this terrible disease - earnest prayers for you and your family Shannon as you fight on. Strength, comfort and peace.
I'm sorry. Prayers sent.
Prayers sent from south Jersey, for both Mr. Parsosn, as well as my cousin, Jim Kirkbride, also fighting cancer.

Jeff
Prayer sent.
Prayers sent from New Jersey!
Prayers sent.
Sent from here.
Prayers sent
I despise cancer. Prayed for his healing in the name of Jesus.
Prayers for you Shannon.I hate cancer.
I Pray that the lord heals and blesses him.
Praying for the best resolution.
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
This sucks to hear. I always thought he was a decent gentleman.

I feel the same. He will be missed if "C" does eventually win. Prayers for him that it won't.
Prayers sent
Prayers for his complete recovery from this terrible disease.
Praying for a fine man.
Prayers sent!
This is hillbillybear's father. You guys on the campfire mean so much to him and us. Thanks for the prayers. Please keep them coming as we continue on with this very difficult heart breaking fight. May God bless you all.
Words sent upwards for my friend!
Prayers for HB and his family.

To hell with cancer.
Praying for peace and comfort for Shannon and especially, for a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ for he and all of his family.
Prayers sent

Done
God bless you, Shannon!
Damn...

Prayers.
Prayers sent
mercy, comfort, and healing ...
Add me to the list.

Lord God Jesus, please send Your healing Grace to our friend.

Your will be done.
Sent
Dam, prayers sent from Michigan!
Prayers sent.
Prayers for Shannon and his family!
Originally Posted by Crusader
Praying for peace and comfort for Shannon and especially, for a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ for him and all of his family.

My prayer exactly. I will be praying for a miracle and a complete healing as well.

Jim
Gosh dang it. Fight the good fight.
Praying now!

Check out information on Vitamin B17 treatments for cancer. I know 2 people it did wonders for. One was supposed to be dead in 3 months, but he was cured 100%. He and I hunted elk together after he recovered for 4 years. Later he moved to Colorado and to the best of my knowledge he's still doing well.

If you can find one buy the Book A World Without Cancer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1333495159...y2Zuw8AIVKwytBh35Vw3yEAYYASABEgKV1_D_BwE

My dad died of cancer in 1997 and I learned about B17 too late, but I will not stand on the side line and let anyone die without at least telling them about it.
Praying for HBB and family...
I will keep HB and his family and friends in my prayers! Hang tough from here , as well!
Sent from here.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Gosh dang it. Fight the good fight.

Yes sir.
Prayers on the way from here for him and his family.
They have mine!
Prayers sent.
prayers sent from Colo.
Prayers sent.
Done.
Paul B.
Prayers from here!

Ed
Guys, lets keep this thread up on top.

If we can run pages and pages of some crazy topics, surely we can do that here to show our support for one of the nicest guys on the campfire!
Hillbilly Bear,

Prayers sent from Western NC buddie.
This is something you can do.
Prayers.
Prayers for Shannon - hillbillybear - hang in there my friend ! ! ! ! ! !

If we can run pages and pages of some crazy topics, surely we can do that here to show our support for one of the nicest guys on the campfire!

+1. Bump for Shannon.
Prayers from Maine to you. Be strong.
Prayers from Maine to you. Be strong.

more prayers sent
Another one sent for HB.

🦫
Shannon has been a friend for years. We talk on a regular basis, Saturday his mom let me know about his downturn. I’ve had the pleasure of shooting with Shannon at his range. He is one of the finest men I’ve ever met. Please keep him and his family lifted up in prayer.
More prayers for Shannon
Never met the man, but enjoyed his posts. Isn't his place the house with the pond above it, in a holler surrounded by trees but with a big yard? Every time I saw the pic posted I thought it was an amazing place.

I'll add my prayers for him as well.
Prayers sent
Hang in there HBB, we're fighting with You Sir.
Prayers sent for all involved.
Originally Posted by gunner500
Hang in there HBB, we're fighting with You Sir.

+1
Sent from Texas.

I've had to pray many of these kinds of prayers lately. Even so - come, Lord Jesus!
Prayers Sent !
Prayers for Shannon and family incoming from me.
Indeed my thoughts and prayers are with Shannon and his folks as well.

May they all have God's peace in this trying time.

Dwayne
Google something like beating stage 4 cancer or word it similarly and you will be amazed at the stories. Plenty of people are alive to testify so DO NOT give up hope!

As Shannon’s buddy, I’d like to thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes. I will pass on your support to his family, as they will be very grateful. I will also keep you updated as to his condition. Thanks again!!!!!!!

Keep praying for Shannon
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Keep praying for Shannon

+1
Prayer sent
Best wishes, and prayers.
Prayers sent to Shannon and his family
It is my great regret to report that Shannon Parsons (hillbilly ear) passed away this morning. He was at home and among his close and loving family. The cancer was just too overwhelming to be stopped. It is amazing that just a month ago he was still teaching school. Shannon and his family read all the posts of prayers and well wishes, and were VERY grateful for it all. Shannon really loved the Fire and many of us on here as well. I was proud to be his buddy and I will miss him terribly. Thanks again to everyone.

wilkeshunter
Sad to hear. RIP
Darn...
RIP HBB, strength to family and friends.
RIP Shannon
Done.
RIP sir
My condolences to the family. May he RIP.
RIP HBB
RIP. Sorry.
It is my great regret to report that Shannon Parsons (hillbilly ear) passed away this morning. He was at home and among his close and loving family. The cancer was just too overwhelming to be stopped. It is amazing that just a month ago he was still teaching school. Shannon and his family read all the posts of prayers and well wishes, and were VERY grateful for it all. Shannon really loved the Fire and many of us on here as well. I was proud to be his buddy and I will miss him terribly. Thanks again to everyone.

wilkeshunter

I am very sorry to hear this! God's Peace to all that knew him and loved him.
RIP Shannon!!!
My condolences.
So sorry. We lost a great guy! RiP
RIP
This was a fine gentleman, may he RIP.
Godspeed Shannon

Condolences to family and friends,
Another gone one gone way too soon.
RIP Hillbillybear.
My sincere condolences and deepest sympathies to his family.
Godspeed!

WS
RIP Shannon. frown
Damn. Cancer sucks.

Condolences and fly free HBB.
what a huge loss for all of us. Prayers for his family
Prayers sent for the family and friends.
RIP, Hbb.

Too soon gone.
My sincere condolences to friends and family. RIP.
RIP HBB until you are one day again reunited with loved ones in the presence of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
RIP Hillbillybear.
Dam, RIP Shannon
So sad to hear.

Hope the family gets the strength to cope.

Prayers sent.
RIP HBB

🦫
I will miss his posts. A glass raised to Shannon wishing him a safe passage into the Light.

Strength and comfort to his loved ones.
wilkeshunter;
Thanks for delivering this sad news sir.

Please accept my sincere condolences.

My thoughts and prayers are with the friends and family left behind.

Dwayne
There is a Bible passage, something about, " We are not without hope".

Rest in piece good man.
He was a good man and will be missed!
Very sad news for his Family and Friends . Godspeed to Shannon and prayers of Peace for his loved ones . πŸ™πŸ»
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
This was a fine gentleman, may he RIP.
Yes - well said - and my condolences go to his family.
A Good Man. Too soon gone.
I'm sorry to hear that.
We will all be reunited with our loved ones one day. RIP hillbillybear.
From my family to yours, prayers sent.
Patrick
Sincere condolences to Shannon's family and friends from Colorado.

Damn cancer....
Good luck to his family.
RIP
RIP HBB
Sorry to read. RIP Shannon.
Praying for the family.
Dang. πŸ˜•
My sincerest condolences to the family. He was a man of integrity and character.

Godspeed, hillbillybear.
I was really hoping not to read this.

At a loss for words. So sorry for the family.
My sympathies go out to his family, and prayers for the Good Lord God to be with them all at this time and in the coming days of their lives. Amen.

Lynn
My prayers to his family.
I am glad to hear if he had to go, he went quickly. Working in hospitals, I've seen many people die of cancer... cancer needs to be cured, period.

Condolences and I morn the loss of Shannon.. But I am glad his suffering wasn't drawn out.

He is now with the Lord, a goal we all should wish for...

He is now eternal and will always been young, happy and fulfilled from this day forward.

Sounds like to me, down here Shannon, ya did good, real good.

We all should be so fortunate. Peace be with you and comfort be with your love ones, in their loss..

Amen
Condolences
Godspeed Shannon

Prayers

Mike
RIP Hillbillybear.
So sorry to read of his passing. Prayers for peace and understanding for the loved ones he left behind and God Bless Shannon.
Damn!
I wish this wasn't true.

You will be missed.
Rest in peace, my prayers to the family
Condolences to the family,,,,

Cancer sux...
Damn, we lost another good one.

Condolences to, and prayers for the family and friends.
Originally Posted by Seafire
I am glad to hear if he had to go, he went quickly. Working in hospitals, I've seen many people die of cancer... cancer needs to be cured, period.

Condolences and I morn the loss of Shannon.. But I am glad his suffering wasn't drawn out.

He is now with the Lord, a goal we all should wish for...

He is now eternal and will always been young, happy and fulfilled from this day forward.

Sounds like to me, down here Shannon, ya did good, real good.

We all should be so fortunate. Peace be with you and comfort be with your love ones, in their loss..

Amen

Seafire,

That is an incredibly touching, truthful, and heart-filled homage to a truly wonderful man and his testimony to people on this earth of what a man should be in all respects, and an example for all humans.

God Bless You and Yours, and May The Good Lord Keep You All Well.

Lynn
RIP hillbilly bear

My long-term 24-hour buddy, Hillbillybear passed away at 9:46 this morning. Here is an e-mail from Linda, his Mom.

Steve, just wanted to let you know Shannon passed away this morning at 9:46. The angels came down and took him home. We can't imagine life without him but please keep our family in your prayers. We do pray that your health is on the mend. God Bless

May God bless all of you. Steve

I'm not good at this sort of thing, but Prayers for all.
RIP HBB, comfort to the family.
© 24hourcampfire