Home
I am thinking about ordering the Escalade. For the last 10 years I have been driving a 4x4 F-150 and before that it was a 250 with the V-10 engine. I am pretty much out of the horse business so pulling a goose-neck is no longer a consideration.
I find myself wanting luxury and creature comforts so have thought about several options. ie the Escalade, fully loaded, the Lincoln Navigator or an Expedition Platinum. 4x4 is a must and I would usually be traveling by myself w/ one dog, sometimes another person but rarely. I need enough room for some canvas tentage and camping and fishing/hunting gear but that would not take up that much space.

Am in the research stage right now and would be grateful if anyone here had any experience with a later model Escalade.
Thanks

e
I am no expert on cars, however, for several years I drove limo for a local businessman and drove a Caddy Escalade for another local businessman part-time. The Caddy was always having issues, electrical, engine, etc. I got on some forums and started carrying extra relays, fuses, etc for the rigs I drove, and I do not remember all the specifics. The Caddy was mostly driven by the owner's wife(she was a smokin hot party animal). Momma got rid of the caddy and went back to the Ford Expedition.
I think that would depend if you are a pimp or not!
Save some money and get a fully loaded Yukon Denali or Tahoe instead. They will be just as luxurious and cheaper to maintain (Cadillac dealers charge more for service and parts because, they can).

You pay a lot for the Cadillac badge. It is only a status symbol.
My wife has a fully loaded Tahoe Premier. It’s pretty darn nice.
Thanks for the info. all.
For those that know how does the Yukon Denali or the Tahoe stack up against the Expedition Platinum?
Toyota Land Cruiser. Luxury+reliability
Originally Posted by Full3r

this n never look back
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk
Save some money and get a fully loaded Yukon Denali or Tahoe instead. They will be just as luxurious and cheaper to maintain (Cadillac dealers charge more for service and parts because, they can).

This. I had two and then went to the Yukon, driving them since. Very happy with the Yukon.

Osky

I’ve actually got one of these too, a restored “79”. Luxury isn’t quite the term I’d use for that one.

Osky
For quite a few years the Escalade ranked as the most stolen vehicle in America. It's also common for parts to be stolen from it.

It's been bumped down from #1 in recent years but I'd still watch where I parked one and keep it garaged when at home.

So, anyway it's got that going for it.
Originally Posted by JeffA
For quite a few years the Escalade ranked as the most stolen vehicle in America. It's also common for parts to be stolen from it.

It's been bumped down from #1 in recent years but I'd still watch where I parked one and keep it garaged when at home.

That is because it is the most popular vehicle in the "hood".
Just put a gold crown on the dash and nobody will touch it, thinking it is a gansta drug dealer.
pimp mobile

lefty
Lexus.
You got it made when you drive an Escalade
Of those you mention, IIRC, the Lincoln ranked higher than the others via Car and Driver (long term subscriber). I would search for their tests (long term included) on all three for a pretty straight review.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

This right here ^^^. In my neck of the woods I'd guess about 80% or more of the Escalades are driven by a certain racial population.
don't forget the gold teefus and flat brim raiders hat to go with it.
I dont know of a single cracker in my neck of the woods that drives one. Only "democrats" do. Funny, see a line of Escalades parked at one the local churches every time they do energy assistance program for folks gas and power bills. Can afford a escalade but not a 30 a month natural gas payment. They love a navigator too.
Escalades are for drug dealers/pimps, pompous aholes, or somebody that found an old one cheap.
Originally Posted by whistle1
I am thinking about ordering the Escalade. For the last 10 years I have been driving a 4x4 F-150 and before that it was a 250 with the V-10 engine. I am pretty much out of the horse business so pulling a goose-neck is no longer a consideration.
I find myself wanting luxury and creature comforts so have thought about several options. ie the Escalade, fully loaded, the Lincoln Navigator or an Expedition Platinum. 4x4 is a must and I would usually be traveling by myself w/ one dog, sometimes another person but rarely. I need enough room for some canvas tentage and camping and fishing/hunting gear but that would not take up that much space.

Am in the research stage right now and would be grateful if anyone here had any experience with a later model Escalade.
Thanks

e

Wife has had a Yukon Denali and now has an Escalade. The Escalade is a lot nicer and rides better. I’m not enamored with all the electronic gadgets but the ride is better. So far, the Yukon had more issues than the Caddy. Haven’t had any real issues with the Caddy. Had several with the Denali.

I prefer the Cadillac and the Denali to any of the Ford products because of the engine. The 6.2 is about the best engine out there. It has plenty of power and it is t some souped up six cylinder or even four banger like they put in the Expeditions.
not that it means much but it seems the favorite automobile for big time athletes is the Navigator. Maybe it affords more legroom than the others, but its a staple of professionals.
You see a lot of fat gurls driving Escalades!!!
Yukon Denali, or Tahoe High Country or Premier.

Luxurious vehicles without many of the electrical only functions of the Escalade. Most every function on the Escalade is touch screen. Yukon and Tahoe have a touchscreen also, but not near as complicated.

Expect 6 figures for the Escalade and around 80 for the Denali or High Country.

Clyde
I'd be embarrassed to ride around in a Escalade
I think the Escalade is an overpriced POS.
I had no idea an escalade was offered in 4wd.
You can’t get a V-8 in the Navigator or Expedition.
Two of the people in our campground had Escalades; briefly. One now drives a Lexus and the other a Mercedes. Both said they breathed a sigh of relief when they handed over the keys to the Caddy. GD
I if were in the market for a ghetto status symbol the Escalade would be the first vehicle I'd look at.
I couldn’t do it for several reasons. The people that drive them are almost all what I call fake rich. They have a complex of look at me I made it in life. It’s a lot of times a fake titted bleach blonde driving them. Without fail I say to myself when I see someone driving one. I wonder how much real estate got bought? Probably none. It’s people who waste their money on a depreciating asset, all for what? To look cool? And depreciate they do. After 4 years they are only a few thousand more than a Tahoe.

But I do think kinda the same about the expeditions platimunms and the navigators I see around. People who pretty much have no business driving them because they have done nothing to secure lasting wealth for themselves. The funny thing is the people focused on that never buy those vehicles even though they can most afford it. None of the people I know that “really got it” by truly earning it and making it would drive an Escalade. Invest the 80k in real estate that cash flows enough to to make the payment on the Escalade? Now we are talking. That is respectful and I will not make fun of the decision.
Lease one and if you like it, buy it at the end of the lease.
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I couldn’t do it for several reasons. The people that drive them are almost all what I call fake rich. They have a complex of look at me I made it in life. It’s a lot of times a fake titted bleach blonde driving them. Without fail I say to myself when I see someone driving one. I wonder how much real estate got bought? Probably none. It’s people who waste their money on a depreciating asset, all for what? To look cool? And depreciate they do. After 4 years they are only a few thousand more than a Tahoe.

The other day I drove by an Escalade and I thought 'Hey, there's an Escalade.'

Your life sounds way more exciting.
Don’t let the poors get you down. The Caddy, the Yukon, and the Tahoe are all GM trucks. GM generally makes good trucks. They are as reliable as any other GM truck and the only thing more electronic on the Cadillac than anything else nowadays is that it doesn’t have gauges. Otherwise, your average Chevrolet pick-up nowadays has enough cameras and electronics to dock the space shuttle. It’s overpriced, but they all are nowadays.

But the best advice would be to wait a year or two no matter what you buy. Used cars are selling for $10k or $12k OVER Blue Book at auction and new ones for that much over sticker NOT INVOICE, but sticker because of production shortages.

As for depreciation. Well, my buddy sells them. His wife just put 5k on a Denali and he is selling it for almost $20k more than he paid for it.
Tint the windows real dark, they'll think you're a real life Watermelon Bandit
I drive a 17 navigator. In my mind Iwanted a v 8 but the 3.5 twin turbo 6 is the only option. It has pleny of power. Fast, quiet and smooth. IMO gm quality is [bleep] these days. I was down to the expedition, navigator or a,platinum suequia.
I drive an 88 Suburban.

Makes an Escalade seem gayer'n aids.
I do love these threads though. These are the threads where guys driving $60k pick-ups call people driving $90k Cadillacs “fake rich”.

I honestly don’t know what to do. If you want something decent and new, you’re going to pay more than $50k for it. If you go used, you’re probably going to pay $40k and get a schittier interest rate to boot. To get down in the $30k and $20k range you’re suddenly looking at high mileage. That’s a lot to pay for something with more than 100k miles on it.

If you’re going to be making payments anyway, the difference between $60k and $90k is just a few hundred a month more. I drive a 2013 pick-up. I tell my wife she can drive whatever she thinks that she can afford. I listen to her bitch about my schitty truck and I’m just going to keep driving it for now.

But I do think kinda the same about the expeditions platimunms and the navigators I see around. People who pretty much have no business driving them because they have done nothing to secure lasting wealth for themselves. The funny thing is the people focused on that never buy those vehicles even though they can most afford it. None of the people I know that “really got it” by truly earning it and making it would drive an Escalade. Invest the 80k in real estate that cash flows enough to to make the payment on the Escalade? Now we are talking. That is respectful and I will not make fun of the decision.

When is your book coming out, Dave Ramsey Jr?
If it's just you and the dog, I wouldn't even bother with a full size truck. I'd get a midsize.
Originally Posted by UPhiker
If it's just you and the dog, I wouldn't even bother with a full size truck. I'd get a midsize.

You would get a lavender Prius.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Oh chit!!
ROR
I always wanted one, but the cost of one is crazy. Twice as much as the first house we bought. Maybe some day

Daughter has owned Accura. Lexus and her last vehicle was a Lincoln, all where bought new and all were AWD. She liked them all but said dealing with Lincoln over warranty covered issues wasn't worth the hassle so this time she trade the Lincoln in on another new Lexus and never looked back.

This...^^^^^^^^^^^....or a Lexus LX 470/570

This is the Toyota LC with Lexus badges---built in the same Japan factory

LX 570 is newer version starting in 2008...with 5.7L..thus the '570'

LX 470 ran from 1998-2007 with the well know million mile motor the 4.7L

Quality control & build quality are something GM can only dream about

Good luck with your selection...go drive an LX 570

Two Lexus SUV's in my garage--'03 LX & '11 GX

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
most of those around here are owned by negros
Just like the GM/GMC model but more ethnic package... nothing but democraps drive them here...
Cadillac tests all the high end electronics in those models and they trickle down to the other lines once they are proven.

Don't pay to do endurance testing...
A friend of mine has an Escalade for limo service with visiting celebrities here in Miami. He's had problems with it.

I don't know, but my 2 yo tricked out 4Runner is still pleasing to look at for me and pretty darn comfortable. Back seat folds flat. Very handy for me, since I'm often carting a lot of stuff.

If not, I'd probably go with a slicked out Yukon. That was my 2nd choice when I bought the 4Runner.

This '03 LX 470

18+ years old.........have completely gone through

AZ native.....195K miles.....no rust.......leather interior is spotless...runs as smooth as silk

Just broke in !

Mercedes GL550
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Mercedes GL550

I'd run from that car

and I own a Mercedes GL series.
We've had three Suburbans and a Yukon and they've been plenty likable. I'm a fan of the platform, its been very good to us.
I wouldn't and didn't stretch to the Escalade, they seem to have gadget problems according to the few I know who own them.
The lift in price, to me, seems to far exceed the value. YMMV.

Only you would think of something like that. Is there something you're trying to tell us?
You might as well be painting a target on your back from a theft perspective. We have two GMC SUV's the same model, different years. One is the SLT version and the other is the Denali version. Both have been trip vehicles and both have the Theft Deterrent warning package. The SLT has never been touched, but the Denali has shown "Theft Detected" on the dash at least 6 times when it was locked and parked. A little understated in the vehicle department is never a bad idea. I didn't get a raise after I bought a nicer car than my vindictive boss drove.
The wife has a caddy and it will be the last.

They are overpriced and they don't stand up to everyday use.

More problems with the gadgets they put in them than there should be.

Won't be getting another.
Minus a few small things. A Escalade is just a Chevy Tahoe/Suburban with Cadillac emblems.
Isn't the Escalade just a Denali with fancier trim?
My neighbor has one that's the Avelanche style, (older), . He loves, but it has had a lot of repairs, engine, paint issues, electronics---
We bought an 07 DTS from my mother in law, in 2013. My oldest drives it still. I had to put a new power steering hose on it for her two weeks ago. First repair in eight years. Its been bulletproof from my perspective. I'd own any Cadillac auto, would be glad to do so. I just don't see the need for the Escalade, myself.
Originally Posted by KFWA
Mercedes GL550

I'd run from that car

Wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. One of my tenants is a Mercedes Tech with all the certs.
OK, I am getting it narrowed down to either the Expedition Platinum(maybe Max) and the Yukon Denali(maybe XL). I will wait to see what the 2022s of each look like, which will be available for order later this summer.
GM gets $0 from me.
Elilad is ma favorite ride!
Cracker in hunt club has one jacked up with brush guard and winch. It appears to do well off road for him. That means deep ruts and mud.

Ran into big money timber investor way back in woods once. He was in a Lexus station wagon. Us regular folks don't even drive our trucks back there.

Point being luxury versions are capable. Buy what you want. I'd buy used though.

Only you would think of something like that. Is there something you're trying to tell us?

You would look fabulous at those defund the police rallies.
Originally Posted by Osky

I’ve actually got one of these too, a restored “79”. Luxury isn’t quite the term I’d use for that one.

Osky

Certainly my choice!
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite

He was in a Lexus station wagon. Us regular folks don't even drive our trucks back there Buy what you want. I'd buy used though.

exactly......let the original owner eat any depreciation

Whole lots more depreciation in a GM or Ford than Toyota/Lexus

Oh......reliablity mentioned too

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/JTJHY7AX2H4225800
I've owned quite a few GM vehicles in my lifetime, but looking back I realized the latest one was a 1999 Suburban 4x4. Based on that experience and what I have kept hearing about GM since 1999, General Motors is at the very bottom of the heap. I've been having WAAAAAY better luck with Fords since the early 90s.

I got really pissed at Ford over Motorcraft warranties back about eight months ago and swore there'd never be another Ford in my garage. When it came time to fish or cut bait, I went shopping for another F150 as "my last vehicle"...we'll see about that. I just could not bring myself to even look at Dodge (okay, RAM for you sticklers) or GM. Toyota might have been an option, but for various reasons I stuck with Ford and put a 2015 5.0 Lariat 4x4 with 55,000 miles in the garage (never bought a brand new car in my life, just doesn't make sense to me). I'm lovin it, too.

If I WAS in the market for an SUV, my past experiences with GM vehicles would prevent me from even considering looking at an Escalade.

Lame.

Thanks

e

Just traveled to a track meet with a friend and he has a 2018 Escalade. Nice truck for highway trips, at least from the passenger seat. Quiet and smooth. Don't know about MPG but it has plenty of power. Comfortable seats. About 5 hours in the truck just last week.
No one should drive one unless they are a multi millionaire. Read the book millionaire next door. Got a buddy who is lucky to pull down 90k a year but has assets nearly a million and multiple times the wealth of his friends making 250k or more per year.

I read an article that GM makes the closest to sales price on them than other models. It reminds me of my son. Get a little money in his pocket and he blows it. The type of people that buy them are the worst at negotiating.

Buy an asset that generates enough to make the payment. Watch the video. Between that and what I said I just taught y’all something more valuable than what you learn in 4 years of college.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Mercedes GL550

I'd run from that car

Wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. One of my tenants is a Mercedes Tech with all the certs.

I've heard when they started building them in Alabama, they started having problems.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that U Tube fugger is full of himself---------------
If you should be millionaire to drive an Escalade, how much should you be making to drive a $60k pickup?

Lame.

Oh snap!

You go Karen!
Originally Posted by 163bc

this n never look back

My first thought before I finished reading the OP
Except that the Land Cruiser is no longer sold in the US.
No one should drive one unless they are a multi millionaire. Read the book millionaire next door. Got a buddy who is lucky to pull down 90k a year but has assets nearly a million and multiple times the wealth of his friends making 250k or more per year.

I read an article that GM makes the closest to sales price on them than other models. It reminds me of my son. Get a little money in his pocket and he blows it. The type of people that buy them are the worst at negotiating.

Buy an asset that generates enough to make the payment. Watch the video. Between that and what I said I just taught y’all something more valuable than what you learn in 4 years of college.

a net worth of a million dollars isn't really that impressive anymore. Do agree with buying a lightly used vehicle. Well Cadillacs are well known for their electrical problems like Mercedes and BMW's. Look at their resale value and depreciation after 4 to 5 years
I say go for it and make your first road trip to the Miami airport.

Good luck!
Originally Posted by add

Good luck!

Can you still get spinners?
Mercedes GL550

I'd run from that car

I've heard when they started building them in Alabama, they started having problems.

They've never been built anywhere else.
My Opinion? No fughing way would I buy one.

Toyota 4runner, base model or upper end AND NEVER LOOK BACK!
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Except that the Land Cruiser is no longer sold in the US.

'21 last year

check out the +$8K market adjustment

https://www.brentbrowntoyota.com/in...ser-four-wheel-drive-5-jtmcy7aj1m4108115

Lame.

Oh snap!

You go Karen!

Even lamer. Go deal with your own life.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

This '03 LX 470

AZ native.....195K miles.....no rust.......leather interior is spotless...runs as smooth as silk

Just broke in !

Beauty! I've given up looking for one because of the crazy prices asked for them here. Does that one have the front and rear lockers?
Originally Posted by ridgerunner_ky
Escalades are for drug dealers/pimps, pompous aholes, or somebody that found an old one cheap.

Only 293 posts, and you hit the nail on the head!
Originally Posted by kolofardos

This '03 LX 470

Just broke in !

Beauty! I've given up looking for one because of the crazy prices asked for them here. Does that one have the front and rear lockers?

No......

only the center diff lock

Thanks

e
No more Cadillacs for me. No more luxury than a Yukon and about twice the expense on parts. Doesn't matter how rich you are, it doesn't make good sense.
Originally Posted by add

Good luck!

In Kansas City or Tulsa. I don't know about Wichita.
How 'bout curb feelers?
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by add

Good luck!

In Kansas City or Tulsa. I don't know about Wichita.

Miami -> You goot.
They are great until they get some miles on them, then I hope you have plenty of money and time for repairs.

If he wasn't interested in that, he wouldn't be looking at a pimpmobile. And making sure we all know about it.
Be sure to get some spinners.
If you should be millionaire to drive an Escalade, how much should you be making to drive a $60k pickup?
. A pick up can be a tool for a trade. I don’t spend 60k on a pickup. . Agreed on the million. I say that because I bet 90% of Escalade owners aren’t.
If you want to stay with GM, the GMC Yukon ultimate Denali is a better value with very similar luxury. The Cadilac name demands a premium price that it doesn't really match in features.
. A pick up can be a tool for a trade. I don’t spend 60k on a pickup. . Agreed on the million. I say that because I bet 90% of Escalade owners aren’t.

You ain’t bought many pickups lately.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

PREZACTLY!!!
Even if money was no object, I’d buy a Ford King Ranch Edition 4x4 Expedition. With the V-6 Turbo Eco-Boost engine and never look back. 🤠

This...^^^^^^^^^^^....or a Lexus LX 470/570

This is the Toyota LC with Lexus badges---built in the same Japan factory

LX 570 is newer version starting in 2008...with 5.7L..thus the '570'

LX 470 ran from 1998-2007 with the well know million mile motor the 4.7L

Quality control & build quality are something GM can only dream about

Good luck with your selection...go drive an LX 570

Two Lexus SUV's in my garage--'03 LX & '11 GX

Have a Toyota 4runner but need a better seat for my back. Drove a Lexus Gx460 (2018) oh boy much more comfort and quieter. 4runner is getting traded soon on a used Lexus
Mercedes GL550

I'd run from that car

the only problem we've had has been the air compressor for the suspension going out.
Mercedes GL550

LMAO

hell I even got a snorkle on my LX Lexus...........

Its dusty here in Utah.................. grin

This truck will go anywhere you point it........

Your LX-LEXUS, looks like it has a good sized lift kit. and 33s, hows that for a guess??? Rio7
Originally Posted by ACTDad
If you want to stay with GM, the GMC Yukon ultimate Denali is a better value with very similar luxury. The Cadilac name demands a premium price that it doesn't really match in features.

If I was going to stick with a luxury GM, that's the way I'd go.

Always thought an Escalade was a Nigerian Tahoe
lexus or infinity,much better reliability and overall comfort,plus quieter.also the lincoln is a step above the caddy.
Is it legal for white people to own Escalades or Chrysler 300’s for that matter?
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Is it legal for white people to own Escalades or Chrysler 300’s for that matter?

Its nor a matter of legality........Cadillac and Chrysler consider it gravy
Originally Posted by RIO7

Your LX-LEXUS, looks like it has a good sized lift kit. and 33s, hows that for a guess??? Rio7

UR close...

yes Cooper ST Maxx 285-70x17's....

2" Iron Man lift with AHC hydraulic delete

Building a Coastal Off Road rear bumper as we speak...

Complete with high clearance off road bumper w/2 swing outs

Front Iron Man bumper & 12K winch still on boat from Austrailia

Great trucks.......but money pits for the off roader.....

Prob could sell my '03 LX for $5K more than I paid...less mods

Super clean AZ native

Originally Posted by Borchardt

>>>>>>>>>>>>> grin<<<<<<<<<<<<

110 replies...........

and OP still buying an over priced/under rated ghetto Escalade.........

I like to stir the pot !!!!
Originally Posted by add

Good luck!

In North Charleston there are at least two places whose entire business is RENTING fancy wheels and lo pro tires to a certain demographic.
Groid wagon around here.
I am thinking about ordering the Escalade. Am in the research stage right now and would be grateful if anyone here had any experience with a later model Escalade.
Thanks

No experience with the new Escalade/Yukon/Burb. Had a 2003 Yukon XL, and I liked the size of that config but it had numerous problems. Nothing too serious, except the transfer case ate a hole in it's side. Not uncommon, and the new models are supposed to be more reliable.

If I was looking for that type of car today, I'd look at a Sequoia but it's getting long in the tooth for the asking price and probably won't meet your expectations for luxury. Cruiser would be awesome, but it seems like you want a fullsize.

Whatever you get, I'd look into any potential accessories that you may want down the road before you buy. Steel bumpers, sliders, lift, etc. Or be prepared to fabricate as needed. Seems like availability can be mixed for the big SUVs.
bought a Sequoia with less than a hundred thousand miles for a thousand bucks. runs great but does need a paint job.

Thanks

If you’re a rapper, professional athlete or “upper middle class hoping to portray yourself as upper class”, then go for it.
If you’re a basic white man there’s much better choices.
Originally Posted by ribka
No one should drive one unless they are a multi millionaire.

a net worth of a million dollars isn't really that impressive anymore. Do agree with buying a lightly used vehicle. Well Cadillacs are well known for their electrical problems like Mercedes and BMW's. Look at their resale value and depreciation after 4 to 5 years

Nowadays someone with a million dollar net worth will be driving a Camry if he/she has any sense. I view the Escalade as a gussied up Tahoe, basically the same vehicle with some fancier interior trim. Superficial stuff that I personally wouldn't be willing to pay any extra for. If I'm going to pay a premium for a vehicle I expect better baseline quality, not just softer seats. To me that means I'd pay more than Tahoe money for a Toyota or Lexus but not an Escalade.

Heard the OP is at the GM dealer now
bought a Sequoia with less than a hundred thousand miles for a thousand bucks. runs great but does need a paint job.

You flat stole it for that price.
Around here’s its the colored with the dubs and white folks jones’n for the neighbors.
pimpin an escalade tell tha boys I am not afraid because Im pimpin an escalade.
© 24hourcampfire