Home
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/08/21
Anybody here own one of have experience with them? I've 2 neighbors, one has a 55 hp a couple years old, other just bought a 58 hp. I'm looking at either the 6158 or the 6168. So far the neighbor that has had his for awhile is happy enough. Only one issue and that some something with the regen BS but was covered by warrantee. Wife wants a cab, but it's about 5k cheaper without, and I honestly prefer an open cab. Benefits to both. Anyways, any input from posters with experience on or with them would be appreciated.

Thanks
Posted By: Cheesy Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/08/21
No LS experience. But I’d only want a cab if I were in the field all day long. Dinky utility tractor I want visibility, nimbleness, and ability to hear around me.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/08/21
The only reason not to buy a cab tractor is money. I keep hoping Kubota will put a cab on their big diesel zero turn mower.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/08/21
Originally Posted by Cheesy
No LS experience. But I’d only want a cab if I were in the field all day long. Dinky utility tractor I want visibility, nimbleness, and ability to hear around me.

haha 58-68 horse isn't dinky to me, but I can see how if your used to driving million dollar 1000 hp houses on wheels they'd seem that way. smile

I grew up driving old tractors, and it was hammered into me from childhood to pay attention, listen, and feel. Can't do that with a cab. I'm just going to be pushing snow, moving logs and roundbales around and whatever else comes up. Not farming.

If I were still in Havre I'd put a cab on to be honest. I've been dangerously cold a couple times pushing snow with my old case.

Buut, the cab does provide a bit of protection if a chain pops dragging a log out, and they offer different control options with it too. But honestly, I don't need the heat or AC where I am now, and it's just more shidt to break really.

Didn't really mean to go down the rabbit trail of open vs cab, but hell i'm open to anything.

almost
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/08/21
Dang.

I was gonna say something....then I read "almost".
Posted By: BobBrown Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/08/21
How much cheaper is an LS than a New Holland (apples to apples) in same size tractor?
Originally Posted by BobBrown
How much cheaper is an LS than a New Holland (apples to apples) in same size tractor?

Good question. Didn't realize there was a New Holland dealer here, but I see there is. Quick bit of google-fu seems they might be close. Both neighbors bought their tractors from an outfit in AR that even with shipping beat local price enough to add implements.

I'm not married to any brand. But I can't afford a Deere, or a Kubota, and I haven' the time or experience to work on an older model that is going to give me fits. Thus I'm shoehorned into a new or newish model from someone with support local.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/08/21
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Good question. Didn't realize there was a New Holland dealer here, but I see there is. Quick bit of google-fu seems they might be close. Both neighbors bought their tractors from an outfit in AR that even with shipping beat local price enough to add implements.

I'm not married to any brand. But I can't afford a Deere, or a Kubota, and I haven' the time or experience to work on an older model that is going to give me fits. Thus I'm shoehorned into a new or newish model from someone with support local.

I'd go with the dealer that gave me the best vibe. The dealer was my deciding factor, and that has already paid off for me.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/08/21
Dealer support.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/08/21

New Holland compact tractors are made by LS.

Go with the best dealer.

My NH dealer says the Workmaster tractors are okay for hobby farm use, but didn't think they be a fit for me as hard and as many hours as I use a tractor.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Go with the best dealer.

My NH dealer says the Workmaster tractors are okay for hobby farm use, but didn't think they be a fit for me as hard and as many hours as I use a tractor.

It'll come down to price for comparable models. I'll talk to the NH dealer monday, and see where they are at. I'm looking at pretty low hours, but when I use it, it'll be used. If that makes sense. What I've read elsewhere online is just by LS and use the savings to buy implements.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/08/21
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Go with the best dealer.

Yep, but the size he is looking for is a "utility" tractor. I am pretty sure LS and NH part ways above the boomer level. It's been a while since I did my research though.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Yep, but the size he is looking for is a "utility" tractor. I am pretty sure LS and NH part ways above the boomer level. It's been a while since I did my research though.

They list a 60 horse Workmaster that size wise would be right at what i"m looking for.

Fugking things cost as much as a used pickup.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/08/21
How easy is it to switch attachments on LS tractors? I'd like a small tractor for the house with a snowblower and back hoe attachment and a bucket of course. Gets old bringing the mini excavator or the Massey with bucket/snowblower from the property when I need it. Unfortunately price is an issue.
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
How easy is it to switch attachments on LS tractors? I'd like a small tractor for the house with a snowblower and back hoe attachment and a bucket of course. Gets old bringing the mini excavator or the Massey with bucket/snowblower from the property when I need it. Unfortunately price is an issue.

I haven't done it myself, but neighbor switches between the snowblower, forks, and grapple himself. He's spry but in his 70's. He did have the dealer add a pto mid body, and the aux hydraulics up front to be able to mount the blower up front. I'm skipping the snowblower for now, but will have the aux hydraulics put on to run the grapple.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/08/21

No regen or DEF onna Mahindra.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/08/21
Thanks billygoat. LS dealer about 25 miles away. I may just go check them out
Posted By: jwp475 Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/08/21
Anybody here own one of have experience with them? I've 2 neighbors, one has a 55 hp a couple years old, other just bought a 58 hp. I'm looking at either the 6158 or the 6168. So far the neighbor that has had his for awhile is happy enough. Only one issue and that some something with the regen BS but was covered by warrantee. Wife wants a cab, but it's about 5k cheaper without, and I honestly prefer an open cab. Benefits to both. Anyways, any input from posters with experience on or with them would be appreciated.

Thanks

Get the cab, you'll be glad you did
Posted By: SamOlson Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
Cabs are for puzzies...
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
Not much into cabs myself. They have their place but...
Posted By: smithrjd Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
Looking to find a CUT myself, perhaps not as high HP. Then again told I would want higher HP. The dealer is the key. Besides LS there is Kioti, Branson (all Korean) and then Yanmar and Mahindra. Looking at the local dealers in my area, Kioti, and Kubots seem the best. Bobcat is a rebranded Kioti. NH and JD use several different manufactures depends on the exact model. YEP money.. $25+K for a 25 to 30HP with basic implements, FEL, Brush Hog, Box Blade. Goes up from there. I have not seen very many used tractors for sale that would outweigh having a warranty. Going to be using mine in the woods, so perhaps no Cab for myself.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Cabs are for puzzies...

And its more shidt to break.

Can't see or hear everything,

And it's like 5k off the price smile

If I were dragging a plow or seed drill for miles at a time it'd be a different story.
No mahindra dealers close enough to count.

I'm not paying for the paint on a Deere or Kubota.

That leaves Kioti, LS, Massey, or New Holland.

Unless something changes I'm still looking at LS.
Father in law is a farmer, been doing it his whole life and he's pretty godsdamned handy fixing tractors and equipment. Told my wife last night, I never in a million years thought I'd wish her folks lived closer lol. I could get away with a cheaper older, and larger tractor if he were around to help keep it running.

On the balance, I'll pay for the warrantee and get a smaller tractor. wink
Posted By: coobie Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
Cabs are for puzzies...
You bursted my bubble since your post may 5th with you in a cab tractor.Enjoyed the video by the way.LOL...I have a Kioti 45 hp cab tractor and love the chit out of it.Keeps the old bones nice and warm in winter and the air is nice in the summer.No bugs or dust is a plus.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
Father in law is a farmer, been doing it his whole life and he's pretty godsdamned handy fixing tractors and equipment. Told my wife last night, I never in a million years thought I'd wish her folks lived closer lol. I could get away with a cheaper older, and larger tractor if he were around to help keep it running.

On the balance, I'll pay for the warrantee and get a smaller tractor. wink

Smaller tractor=always bad
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
Do not buy a smaller tractor than you need, By a brand that will be there for awhile. Finance your note longer than you like if you have to. Buy once, Cry once

Do not leave the tractor dealer without a frontend loader, a phrase my Dad said over 40 years ago. I still made that mistake and ended up having to buy another tractor because of the expense of trying to add a loader latter.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
Originally Posted by coobie
Cabs are for puzzies...
You bursted my bubble since your post may 5th with you in a cab tractor.Enjoyed the video by the way.LOL...I have a Kioti 45 hp cab tractor and love the chit out of it.Keeps the old bones nice and warm in winter and the air is nice in the summer.No bugs or dust is a plus.

LOL! grin

I think he was pulling your lag...

I reckon like me, about every tractor Sam operates has a cab. wink
Posted By: elkaddict Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
By a size or two larger than you think you’ll need. FEL are a necessity as is FWD if you have any weather or intend to move anything heavy. Dealer counts more than color. I have cabbed and open. There is a place for both... With my winters, a cab is golden....but it’s too big to get into my woods plots. Final thought is weight: For heavy work, extra mass is your friend....and can be more important than a few xtra hp (exact opposite of sports car hp/weight ratio thinking).
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
Buying something because of the warranty should make one question the purchase.
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Buying something because of the warranty should make one question the purchase.

Having a tractor company willing to stand behind their product for an extended time is not a bad thing.

I've had both. And had much more trouble with the tractor that had a short factory warranty.
Posted By: ChuckKY Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
No mahindra dealers close enough to count.

I'm not paying for the paint on a Deere or Kubota.

That leaves Kioti, LS, Massey, or New Holland.

Unless something changes I'm still looking at LS.

You can still parts for a nearly 100 year old tractor from John Deere, most others haven't been making tractors for for half that long. Have you actually priced a John Deere? The compact and utility tractor market is very competitive, may not be as much difference as you thing. I've had several Deere's and will probably stay with them for support as much as anything, they've been good tractors. I had a David Brown many years ago. Built like a tank, but got to the point I had to make anything I needed for it, I mean anything. It was what I could afford at the time. Good luck with your tractor search, but look at everything before you buy, remember what "they" say about assume. Never had a tractor with a cab, but always wished I did about every three or four years when we get enough snow to plow and push in January around here in KY. Worst sunburn I ever got in my life was pushing snow all day in January. I looked like a boiled lobster for a week.
Gotta agree with the weight issue. We have a little Massey 1705 at the property. Beat the crap out of it for the last 7 years and only had 1 mechanical issue. At 1500lbs it's lacking at times.

At times I will put the tiller on the back to help counterweight. Like when I put the forks on to move a blind, etc.

Definitely could use more a$$
Posted By: dubePA Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
Farmer neighbor at hunting cabin area, now has a mid size LS w/loader. Guessing it's probably 50-60 HP? He uses it more than any of their "big stuff", because it's handy.and has a cab. So that's what he uses to move round bales, clean out the snow, etc. Matter of fact, almost every farmer around there now has some sort of mid size utility tractor.

Joked with one who has a dairy operation and also a pretty good sized beef herd, how it feels to get off one of his FWD Case/IH turbo diesels and on the utility? He said there's a tractor for every chore.

Run a Kubota track loader SVL 75, that has the regen cycle. Can be a pain now and then if you're in a hurry to do something and it needs to regen, but not all that bad? Think next size up requires DEF? Use the 14 yo Kubota L3130 HST most of the time. About to turn 2,000 hours and has been a good machine.
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
Cabs are for puzzies...

If I were dragging a plow or seed drill for miles at a time it'd be a different story.

You can't hear anything on most tractors anyway, I'm always doubled up with earplugs and muffs on mine. If you're not wearing hearing protection it means you're already deaf from running one too long without any so you can't hear anyway. As for the not seeing anything from a cab, that's different than my experience. If anything you can see better because you're not always worried about getting hit in the face with limbs.

My tractor is a 72 hp massey without a cab. I occasionally run friends tractors with cabs. Is the cab nicer? Oh yeah, in every way. I've got an extra $5000 in my pocket that they don't because mine doesn't have a cab, that was a big deal when I bought mine 13 years ago. Today with a little bit better income you can bet anything I bought would have a cab. Bottom line, the only reason not to have one is to be cheap, the other reasons are BS to justify being cheap. Cheap isn't necessarily bad, I'm pretty cheap myself. My dad was cheap, in 1977 when we moved to Mississippi I remember he specifically ordered a car without air conditioning because every car on the lot had it and he didn't want to pay for it. There's a reason all the cars sold in Mississippi had air conditioning. My mom and I were high fiving each other when he totaled that car a couple of years later. The moral of the story is that any appreciable amount of time spent on a tractor is much more pleasant with a cab.

Deere green paint is definitely expensive, I'll disagree about Kubota orange. Kubota's around me aren't any more than the lesser known brands, they're well built tractors plus there's a dealer in every town. Kubota outsells everything else about 10-1 in my area.
A cab may cost more, obviously.

But it's not like you are throwing money away on a cab. That cab increases the value by that much if you ever sell or trade the tractor.

Kinda like four wheel drive on a pickup. You never really pay for four wheel drive because you get all or most of the money back. Plus you have the handiness of the option.

Not an option for me to not have a cab. Aside from dust and plant particles trying to kill me, several times a year I encounter swarms of bees or yellowjackets. I just laugh at them as they pound on the glass. grin
Posted By: Mikewriter Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
I use a tractor for my fairly small - 10 acre - woods property. Found out a to of the small/midsize brands come from North Korea. Had ome with a Kubota diesel from a local dealer that did well, lost it to a hurricane flood. Found a used Century a local vet was selling for my replacement. Has Yammar diesel, front end loader, pulls my mower real well. Always starts, fills my uses, - I'm happy with it.

Mike Holmes
Posted By: atomchaser Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
I have an LS 45 HP tractor. I've had it for 4 years, no issues. The regen is a non-issue. You can continue to work when it's regenerating and only regens about every 30-50 hours depending on how hard you run it. If you run the tractor at idle a lot, it will regen more often. I have a cab on mine and it's well worth the extra coin if you are blowing snow or running over yellow jacket nests. The dealer network is little thinner/less robust than some of the bigger sellers. My dealer has been responsive when I needed something but the LS dealers tend be be smaller operations with a couple employees.
Posted By: deflave Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
I'd sweat resale value more than anything else.

Posted By: jwp475 Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
Originally Posted by deflave

Why? You buying to resale?
Posted By: dubePA Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
Once had two guys that helped mow at our sportsmen's club that wore ear muffs. Neither one of them ever heard something clattering/making a noise early enough, that it could've been more easily repaired, if they'd had them ear muffs up their arses.

Been running equipment since I was a kid, sans muffs. Three to five cords of wood cut every year for decades. Mid 70s, hearing is still fine.

Wear muffs to shoot now, never started doing that until my 40s.
Thanks for them that posted answering my questions as experience with the tractors in question.
Originally Posted by jwp475

Why? You buying to resale?

Maybe.
Thanks for them that posted answering my questions as experience with the tractors in question.

Don't get kghunty.
Originally Posted by dubePA
Once had two guys that helped mow at our sportsmen's club that wore ear muffs. Neither one of them ever heard something clattering/making a noise early enough, that it could've been more easily repaired, if they'd had them ear muffs up their arses.

Been running equipment since I was a kid, sans muffs. Three to five cords of wood cut every year for decades. Mid 70s, hearing is still fine.

Wear muffs to shoot now, never started doing that until my 40s.

Huh?

Don't get kghunty.

Don’t be retarded.
I just made (another)tractor vid...

Cab was involved.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
Pussy!

My favorite tractor has no cab.
Cabs can be nice. Growing up working on a farm, cabs kept the sun off you. Didn't have AC in the 80's on our tractors.

When we bought our mini excavator the guy selling it had the exact same model with a cab w/ac. It was only a grand more. I went with standard ROPS. Glad I did. It was hot last year and the AC would have been nice but I know I would have paid much more in glass replacement.
I just made (another)tractor vid...

Cab was involved.
. laugh
laugh
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/09/21
Yeah....cab as in a nice cabernet from the CoOp.
Toiling away...
(no vaginas were harmed while filming this video)

Toiling away...

Nice..I am a pussy also.Love the cab winter/summer. wink
That's cool Sam.
In that kind of terrain and that use, I'd be running a cab all day long
Toiling away...

You’re killin it dude.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/10/21
Cabs are for puzzies...

$5k is a small price to pay for the piece of mind that you will not have frozen White Claw's. wink smile
Posted By: jwp475 Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/10/21
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Cabs are for puzzies...

$5k is a small price to pay for the piece of mind that you will not have frozen White Claw's. wink smile

And not breathing dust and debri
Posted By: blairvt Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/10/21
After getting attacked by a underground nest of bees, a friend of mine said he will pay whatever a cab costs.
Posted By: kingston Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/10/21
Toiling away...

"Couldn't back the Tacoma up to the hay bales."

LMFAO
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/10/21
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Cabs are for puzzies...

When it's cold enough to worry about that I'm keeping warm with bourbon or something similar!
THere's lots of reasons to get a cab, not many apply to me or my usage.

Plenty of reasons not to get a cab, some of which I've outlined.

I've been using my old Case 530 to to what I've needed for 12 years or so. No cab, and I'm not dead yet. That's weird I know.

To each their own. smile
Posted By: slumlord Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/10/21
Originally Posted by blairvt
After getting attacked by a underground nest of bees, a friend of mine said he will pay whatever a cab costs.

LOL

He must be a dumb ass like you.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/10/21
THere's lots of reasons to get a cab, not many apply to me or my usage.

Plenty of reasons not to get a cab, some of which I've outlined.

I've been using my old Case 530 to to what I've needed for 12 years or so. No cab, and I'm not dead yet. That's weird I know.

To each their own. smile

Just get a cab
Posted By: slumlord Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/10/21
No cabs on either of ours, but the application would justify it certainly if a man had to be on it several hours a day in harsh weather.

We finally put a roof canopy over the tobacco tractor (our kubota 30hp) toughed it since 1986. Still a good machine

The massey was open station too.

My new mahindra, used mostly for dirt work, logging and food plot work.

None of that is have-to work like it would be with feeding animals or trying to beat a weather system to a crop. So if the weather is bad, I just get on 24 and troll

i suppose cost figures in somewhat too,

And that's WITH hydraulics getting ran out front an a grapple added to the package on the LS.
Wow, I wouldn't have expected an LS to be $10k cheaper, that's like two cabs.

Ok, so found a used Deere, 6400 with grapple and decent tires for 28k. Almost 4500 hours though.........

Size wise she's perfect and in stock. Nobody else has anything in hand.

Bitch of it is it's 5.5 to 6 hours away. I'd have to pay freight to have it hauled to even look at it.

What does the 'fire say about this model Deere? Too many hours?

And that's WITH hydraulics getting ran out front an a grapple added to the package on the LS.

What model is it that you're looking at?
Originally Posted by kingston

What model is it that you're looking at?

That's a 6168 ls and 65 NH

I've got a half chub on the Deere now though......
Posted By: blairvt Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/10/21
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by blairvt

LOL

He must be a dumb ass like you.

Anytime M-fer. We both know that won't happen. You are a keyboard warrior, nothing else.
Fuggit.

I signed papers on the Deere. Should be here in a week or so.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/10/21
Congrats BGG. I'm sure it will do you good
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Congrats BGG. I'm sure it will do you good

Thanks man. Size I really wanted, but couldn't afford new.

Like any big purchase on a used item, time will tell how stupid I was.
Posted By: deflave Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/10/21
Fuggit.

I guess paying for paint wasn’t such a bad idea after all.
Fuggit.

I guess paying for paint wasn’t such a bad idea after all.

When it's 27 years old things tend to even out. Price out new and do your research and get back to us.

Please regale me with your experience on buying and using tractors and related equipment.
Posted By: deflave Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/11/21
If you can post on a golf thread I can post on a tractor thread.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/11/21
Gruff, what are the details on the 6400?

Cab, mfwd, JD loader?
(link?)

Hours wouldn't scare me. I bought my yuppie tractor with 5600 hours on it and could sell it for $5-10k more than I paid. Certain models really hold their value.

We have a 6430 Premium and it is a nice tractor. Too fancy though, I would have preferred a simpler, standard version 6430.
Posted By: kingston Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/11/21
https://www.machinerypete.com/details/40-99-hp/1994/john-deere/6400/20285934
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/11/21
MFWD, JD loader, grapple. No cab.

It's at Torgersons. Was hesitant to say before I locked it in smile

Cousin has a newer verson (6420 or 30?) he's happy with.
If you can post on a golf thread I can post on a tractor thread.

touche dickhead
Do John Deere tractors hold their value better than the LS and New Hollands?
Gruff, what are the details on the 6400?

Cab, mfwd, JD loader?
(link?)

Hours wouldn't scare me. I bought my yuppie tractor with 5600 hours on it and could sell it for $5-10k more than I paid. Certain models really hold their value.

We have a 6430 Premium and it is a nice tractor. Too fancy though, I would have preferred a simpler, standard version 6430.

Kingston's link is the tractor in question.

I'll post drunken escapades if it runs when I get it. Gotta pay to haul it to them. He told me to day might not be able to deliver it to me after they do all the fluid/filter changes blah blah. I said I'll just road that bitch home.

Hopefully in rush hour. CA plates beware. Drunk hillbilly with a tractor might not care as much about your subaru as you do.

Depends model/year.

Go away. Iguana sodomist.

Depends model/year.

Go away. Iguana sodomist.

10-4

Hope the paint is still pretty. Good luck.
Posted By: funshooter Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/11/21
Congrat's
Have fun with it when you get it and let us know how you like it.

I'll post drunken escapades if it runs when I get it. Gotta pay to haul it to them. He told me to day might not be able to deliver it to me after they do all the fluid/filter changes blah blah. I said I'll just road that bitch home.

Hopefully in rush hour. CA plates beware. Drunk hillbilly with a tractor might not care as much about your subaru as you do.

Video Gruff, video needed!
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/11/21
27 year old green is a far cry from new blue. That thing is a beast. I hope it serves you well.

Video Gruff, video needed!

Not sure if KPD or the county have body cams they upload. I'll end up on a clip posted by one of the BLM posters here getting tazed and my ass beat laugh
🤣
Seriously man, any local knowledge would be appreciated. It's a kraut machine imported. Read some horror stories about wiring and fires, and read some reports of decades of faithful service. I dunno. Only a couple hundred hours a year here at most.

Is there a way to post vids besides screwtube? I'm too shy and don't have the 'net service.

And I worry about uploading the wrong vid.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
27 year old green is a far cry from new blue. That thing is a beast. I hope it serves you well.

Thanks Paul. I hope so too!
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/11/21
Just hope they don't use USPS or UPS to ship it to you. grin

Really nice tractor and good price as well.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/12/21
Seriously man, any local knowledge would be appreciated. It's a kraut machine imported. Read some horror stories about wiring and fires, and read some reports of decades of faithful service. I dunno. Only a couple hundred hours a year here at most.

Is there a way to post vids besides screwtube? I'm too shy and don't have the 'net service.

Gruff, I am not sure about other ways to post vids.

On my phone I press the screen about 4 times and a vid downloads, too easy... Haven't figured pics out, phone pics always look grainy, pretty sure it's photobucket not working right with the phone.

Back to what matters.

That greasy JD you just bought.

Bet it runs like hell!
Posted By: blanket Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/12/21
Regen can be a problem
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/13/21
Originally Posted by blanket
Regen can be a problem

On a ‘94? I didn’t think they had that crap back then
Posted By: BobBrown Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/13/21
Regen can be a problem

On a ‘94? I didn’t think they had that crap back then

They didn’t lol
Regen can be a problem

Wabi? That you ?

On my phone I press the screen about 4 times and a vid downloads, too easy... Haven't figured pics out, phone pics always look grainy, pretty sure it's photobucket not working right with the phone.

Back to what matters.

Bet it runs like hell!

Got the loan sorted, signed my life away yet again lol. Should be delivered to the local dealer in the next few days. Super stoked. Was trying to figure weight on it, I can find weight of bare tractor (8,200) but can’t find anywhere that lists weight of a 640 loader. Oh and there’s calcium in the rears so she’s gonna be a little more than my flatbed (5500# tandem) can haul lol.

By the by, tractor dealers are way more friendly to drunk hillbillies than banks are. Just sayin.
Posted By: deflave Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/13/21
What color is it?

Back to what matters.

Bet it runs like hell!

Got the loan sorted, signed my life away yet again lol. Should be delivered to the local dealer in the next few days. Super stoked. Was trying to figure weight on it, I can find weight of bare tractor (8,200) but can’t find anywhere that lists weight of a 640 loader. Oh and there’s calcium in the rears so she’s gonna be a little more than my flatbed (5500# tandem) can haul lol.

By the by, tractor dealers are way more friendly to drunk hillbillies than banks are. Just sayin.

It’s easy as fugk to buy a tractor if you’re ayankee
What color is it?

Same as your crank after you molest a lizard.
What color is it?

Same as your crank after you molest a lizard.

White and purple?
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/13/21
Iguana....not lot lizard.
Gruff gets mad any time I express interest in his new hobbies.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 05/13/21
Hahaha!

Nothing a couple rounds of golf wouldn't clear up I bet.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 06/26/21
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Got her home finally
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 06/27/21

Got her home finally
Looks pretty good. Who knows about the price? Tractors are about like guns and real estate right now. As if they weren't before the whole COVID anyway. Congrats. JD's are the gold standard when it comes to holding their value. I wouldn't be skeert of the hours. I can't tell much about the tires. Looks like they've got some life left.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 06/27/21
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Got her home finally
Looks pretty good. Who knows about the price? Tractors are about like guns and real estate right now. As if they weren't before the whole COVID anyway. Congrats. JD's are the gold standard when it comes to holding their value. I wouldn't be skeert of the hours. I can't tell much about the tires. Looks like they've got some life left.

Thanks.

Fronts I'd say are at least 60% but have cracking. Rears are more like 30-40%. For me, unless they pop a leak or start seeping air they should be fine for a long time. I"ll just fab up some chains come snow season. smile
Posted By: 12344mag Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 06/27/21

Got her home finally

Congratulations BGG!!

Yer a farmer now boy!
Posted By: SamOlson Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 06/27/21
Sexy...
Sexy...

So far she's a smoking hot chick that went home with me, then I realized had a bit of funk about her. She could end up giving great head and I'll just realize she was working up a sweat on the dance floor.

Or she's a godsdamned bad decision.

Jury's out. smile
Posted By: deflave Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 06/27/21
It’s beautiful, Clark.
Sexy...

Must be all that green paint.
Sexy...

Go fugk yourself with a golf club

But gently
It’s beautiful, Clark.

Thanks buddy
Sexy...

But gently

Been a farmer for one day and you’re already grumpy.

Sheesh.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 06/27/21
Gentlemen, do not be alarmed.

The maiden voyage can be funky.

Experience tells me it will only improve.
Sexy...

But gently

Been a farmer for one day and you’re already grumpy.

Sheesh.

I’ve read those Kubotas hold their value too.
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 06/27/21
I’ve read those Kubotas hold their value too.

They do, and they have good dealer backup.

That's a big deal.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 06/27/21

Got her home finally

Nice tratter Gruff! That'll get chidtt done for ya, I'm sure.

Is that Gumby posing with it?
Posted By: OldHat Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 06/27/21
Real farmers watch Netflix while there John Deere StarFire takes them on a tour of their fields. LOL
Posted By: JD338 Re: LS Tractors Pro/Con - 07/01/21
Nice tractor. You are going to love the grapple rake.
I bought a LS MT352HC along with a grapple rake, 72" tiller and a 72" box blade.I put 45 hours on it in 3 weeks getting things done on our 68 acres. The grapple rake really gets things done.

JD338
© 24hourcampfire