Home
Posted By: tndrbstr Gas prices - 05/11/21
I went into get a cup of coffee yesterday at a place I usually stop everyday. The counter guys asks me if I’m gonna get gas cause the price is fixing to go up .20
I’m thinking well I better top of all my vehicles off while the gettins good. I say sure, when are you jacking the prices? He say’s just as soon as you get done pumping your gas! ... DOH!
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21
Nice guy, They'd keep my business.

Cyber attack is the new excuse to raise prices.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21
Don't need a cyber attack excuse in California...went through Lee Vining California last week, 5.29 for 87 grade regular, at Shell and Chevron. It's always been a tourist trap, but Jeez. Same day in western Arizona, regular was averaging 3.19.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21

No doubt the price of gasoline, diesel, etc., is and will continue to increase overall but something I've watched time and again over the years is locally a lot of the price is based on competition's prices within a given area.

Three gas station / convenience stores in the little town I live. Two are national chain brands and one is locally owned chain with about a dozen or so locations over a 30 - 40 mile area. All three never vary in price from each other more than a few cents and even then not for long before the others price match regardless up or down.

Same exact brands, including the locally owned one located in nearby towns often vary in price as much as 20 - 30 cents from those not in their competition area.
Posted By: MAC Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21
Regular is holding at $2.54 and diesel is holding at $2.84 here in Amarillo. Not sure how long that will last though.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21
$2.90
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21

$2.98 around here

reg 85
Posted By: Whiptail Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21

Why would a pipeline that serves the east coast impact prices in the rest of the country?
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21
Murphy (Wally World), has gas for about $2.55ish, but most stations are a dime higher, or there about. Some stations, in out of the way places, are a .25 cents or so higher. That's for 87 octane with10% ethanol. The good gas is higher and so is diesel. Off-road diesel is $2.60.
Posted By: MD521 Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21
It didn't take long, and the price will go higher.
Posted By: centershot Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21
Just paid 3.299 for 91 Octane at Costco.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21
Originally Posted by MAC
Regular is holding at $2.54 and diesel is holding at $2.84 here in Amarillo. Not sure how long that will last though.

Around here hasn't gone up much either. With the Colonial problem there should be lots of finished product (gas, diesel) available to ship elsewhere, so I expect TX prices to go down some. The refiners have to send it somewhere.......
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21
The hacking is real. It's starting to have an effect in the mid-Atlantic states. even the airlines are adding fuel stops to their "no stop' flight out of Philly and Charlotte. Ihope they can fix this soon.
Posted By: Uncle_Alvah Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21
Here in eastern NC, many stations are out of gasoline all together. Small station up the road said Saturday is the earliest they can get a delivery......maybe.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21
so was the pipeline hack a finished gasoline pipeline?
because crude has trended down over the past week...
75% of the USA refining capacity is in TX and LA. They ship finished product (fuels, etc) all over the country, so yes, it is a pipeline for fuels, not crude. Crude oil is shipped in, piped in, etc to these refineries in TX and LA, refined. and shipped out.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by MAC

Around here hasn't gone up much either. With the Colonial problem there should be lots of finished product (gas, diesel) available to ship elsewhere, so I expect TX prices to go down some. The refiners have to send it somewhere.......

Can 'refined' product be stored in barges[that once had crude or...]?
Not sure about barges, but I'd guess yes.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Not sure about barges, but I'd guess yes.

I suppose tankers would have been more appropriate.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21
Been around 2.90 for a few weeks. Waiting for 3.
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21
Barges are used for refined fuel on the Mississippi River and others I’m sure.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21
Nuthin to see here, move on
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Gas prices - 05/11/21
gas dropped .03 here overnight in North FL. Most, if not all of our gas comes by ship into Jax, Ft Lauderdale or Tampa
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
gas dropped .03 here overnight in North FL. Most, if not all of our gas comes by ship into Jax, Ft Lauderdale or Tampa

Florida has zero refineries, so either shipped or piped to a terminal.
© 24hourcampfire