Home
Posted By: Tarquin Removing ethanol from gas.... - 05/11/21
It's easy to do but a guy needs a 5-6 gallon translucent container with a petcock at the bottom to drain off the ethanol. Does anyone know where to get such a container?
Originally Posted by Tarquin
It's easy to do but a guy needs a 5-6 gallon translucent container with a petcock at the bottom to drain off the ethanol. Does anyone know where to get such a container?

BobbyBrownEye should be along shortly.

He pets a lot of cock.

😬🦫

Up your anti-Trump ass.
My first post.
Search for nalgene 5 gallon container with drain. They 'spensive.
What do you do with the drained off ethanol?

I don't know but I'd think you'd be the guy to know where to get a pet cock.
start with one pint and check your result.
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Says the man who has no cock! laugh And DeFlave, I see you're hitting the bottle again. Thought nearly dying from CV-19 would teach you some humility but I guess not.

Says the man who has no cock! laugh And DeFlave, I see you're hitting the bottle again. Thought nearly dying from CV-19 would teach you some humility but I guess not.

Lol. Now it’s clear that you believe everything the MSM tells you.
It can’t be done. It takes 1000 gallons of water to make 1 gallon of ethanol!
Originally Posted by dale06

Do not even think of drinking it.
Industrial ethanol is contaminated with MEK, by law.
And you can't (practically) seperate them. The distill in the same
temp range. That's why they use MEK.
Hope this thread keeps going. My interest is starting up, not that I would attempt to do it, but would like to learn a bit about ethanol.
The Sinclair in Salmon sells non-ethanol gas
Originally Posted by Quartermaster
Hope this thread keeps going. My interest is starting up, not that I would attempt to do it, but would like to learn a bit about ethanol.

I might have something 4 you, the chemistry part is good

Originally Posted by 700LH

You think this idiot lives in Salmon, Idaho?
Originally Posted by 700LH

Its pricey as hell.
Posted By: JOG Re: Removing ethanol from gas.... - 05/12/21

Mr. Funnel

Fuel ethanol is denatured with gasoline.

The process also remotes the octane booster(which is usually the ethanol).

Specifically, a bushel of corn used for ethanol produces 1.5 pounds of corn oil, 17.5 pounds of high-protein feed called DDGS, 2.6 pounds of corn meal and 31.5 pounds of starch. The starch can be converted to sweeteners or used to produce 2.8 gallons of ethanol. DDGS displaces whole corn and some soybeans traditionally used in animal feed and in actuality it only takes 3.8 gallons of water to make ethanol.
I have a couple of clear plastic collapsible containers meant for water. I bought them for camping. They weren’t expensive. You reckon that would work?

I just go to the Co-Op and buy non ethanol gas.

Hand sanitizer
Tarqueen would be better off removing his head from his big, fat, ass.

LOL
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife

Hand sanitizer

I hear you can use it to dilute gasoline.
Originally Posted by Beaver10

BobbyBrownEye should be along shortly.

He pets a lot of cock.

😬🦫

I don’t care who you are.... that’s fucqin funny! LMAO!
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Lol. Now it’s clear that you believe everything the MSM tells you.

Yep, stupid fuqk ain't got a clue.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I just buy the non-ethanol gas.. I won't put that ethanol crap in anything..
Around here one of the Shell pumps is ethanol free.
For my small engines like my weed wacker I just buy ethanol free 2 stroke in a quart can. Kinda expensive, but it is stable and when I pull the rope it kicks over quick. Beats stale gas with ethanol. My buddy has a small engine dealership, mowers, tractors, chainsaws, etc, and he says bad gas pays for his 2 engine techs. The other work they do is his profit.
We just Ethanol free gasoline here
All the Murphys here sell ethanol-free gas, not that much more than regular gas.
Real Gas is available at the pump in WV and VA. I’ll pay the extra $.20 and skip the DIY.
Anyone know how long it takes for separation? I am forced to use it in my boat and had to replace 2 internal fuel pumps that got compromised by ethanol. I don’t think it’s as simple as pouring gas in a clear container. Going to take time to separate.
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Anyone know how long it takes for separation? I am forced to use it in my boat and had to replace 2 internal fuel pumps that got compromised by ethanol. I don’t think it’s as simple as pouring gas in a clear container. Going to take time to separate.

Phase seperation occurs when water is added to it.
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by Mike_S

Phase seperation occurs when water is added to it.

The water grabs the alcohol. Or the other way around, no chemist here.

Growing up racing 2 strokes we fooled with every thing under the sun for more HP. Got costly a few times!
© 24hourcampfire