Home
Posted By: TLB2 UTV shortage - 05/16/21
Been looking for couple weeks for a 4x4 utility vehicle. Dealers are sold out everywhere. The only one Ive found is the Tracker 800 at BPS
Posted By: AU7MM08 Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
I know this doesn't help you really any but the Polaris plant in Huntsville, AL is very busy.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
Same with Jet Skis
Posted By: TLB2 Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
Ive heard that. My first choice is a John deere because ive worked on them for 25 years. August before we can get any. I do like the 570 full size polaris
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Same with Jet Skis

Which is sad because the demand is there.

Not sure if it's an entirely good thing that demand is there, considering that many overleveraged people will be financing these toys but regardless demand is there.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
Same with, boats, kayaks, bicycles, guns, RVs and so many more items.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
Was the same thing last fall. UTV dealers could not get product in stock.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
Originally Posted by AU7MM08
Same with Jet Skis

Not sure if it's an entirely good thing that demand is there, considering that many overleveraged people will be financing these toys but regardless demand is there.

Yep. When Covid first hit sales on skis and boats went through the roof, people were tired of lockdowns and wanted to play. Then of course they shut the factory’s down.
Same with Jet Skis

Yep. When Covid first hit sales on skis and boats went through the roof, people were tired of lockdowns and wanted to play. Then of course they shut the factory’s down.

When the housing market/economy goes tits up, at least you'll be able to outrun the repo man/live in your RV when the overleveraged house & vehicles get taken back. laugh
Posted By: sidepass Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
No shortage that I can see. Find the damn things every where their not supposed to be. Most going to fast for the conditions and operated by morons. Calling in a big Bull in a meadow 1 mile from the closet trail and in comes 2 utv's with the operators hollering to each other they think there's no Elk here. Not any longer!

Shortages on all "toys" right now. 3 months to get a kayak then took almost as long to find the gear to outfit like I want. Shopping for a pcp airgun right now, good luck there too. That fishing gear that I stopped at BPS was not in stock. Crazy times we are living in.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
When this stuff all becomes available there will be huge demand and the prices will go sky high. I don't see things being "normal" for 2 more years. That is if some war or huge natural disaster doesn't screw it up..

kwg
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
My local shop was bursting at the seams with new motorcycles, ATVs and UTVs when I dropped my UTV off for service last week. Getting an appointment for service in less than three weeks is impossible, too.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
Buy a 4 wheeler ya puzzy
Posted By: BobBrown Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
My local shop was bursting at the seams with new motorcycles, ATVs and UTVs when I dropped my UTV off for service last week. Getting an appointment for service in less than three weeks is impossible, too.

Makes sense . Typically, Millennials can’t do damn thing mechanical.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
Everything is short.

ATV's, UTV's, Tractors, Implements, pickups, lumber, feed, etc.

All commodities are short right now.
Posted By: IA_fog Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
In 2018 I paid 11250 for a one owner low mile ranger(1600 miles) dealership offered me In December 10800 and I only put 1200 on it, couldn’t hardly pass that up
Said they can’t keep any used on lot
When I first started looking they were offering a 10% discount on any accessories I purchased now no discount as they can’t ahrdly get any and other dealerships are paying full price to get them
Crazy
Posted By: hanco Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
Glad I have one, hate to pay full price for anything
Posted By: CCCC Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
Want to buy a good older ATV Have my Honda Rancher apart for carb cleaning/rebuild - a mess to get to and remove - but will have it up and running tomorrow.
Originally Posted by hanco

Good thing you're not looking for a house.
If you offer the asking price in a hot market, you'll be laughed out of the room.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
Originally Posted by hanco

Good thing you're not looking for a house.
If you offer the asking price in a hot market, you'll be laughed out of the room.

I saw a $60,000.00 over asking price offer get turned down in favor of another offer last week. This on a $500,000 +/- home.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
Originally Posted by TLB2
Ive heard that. My first choice is a John deere because ive worked on them for 25 years. August before we can get any. I do like the 570 full size polaris

I bought the Gator 825M last fall, no regrets and I don't need one that goes 70+
Posted By: urbaneruralite Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
Couldnt buy one last year, either. The supply actually looks better now, FWIW. Boats, OTOH, NOPE.
Posted By: CBB15 Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
Still running the ole Yamaha Rhino.
The damn thing is bomb proof.

Considered a full cab enclosure can am but I can be cold a couple more years and I like not spending $20k on a buggy.
Posted By: EdM Re: UTV shortage - 05/16/21
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Makes sense . Typically, Millennials can’t do damn thing mechanical.

What age group are millennials? I forget.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
I get calls every week from dealers wanting to buy my "quality used boat" because their inventory is low. I'm a fishing guide...what do I do then?
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I get calls every week from dealers wanting to buy my "quality used boat" because their inventory is low. I'm a fishing guide...what do I do then?

I have a guy wanting to buy my 15' shredder.

Problem is, I can't replace it. Maybe some day, but not in the foreseeable future.

On the used market, it's worth what I paid for it 6 years ago.

Crazy.
Posted By: smithrjd Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
Things are crazy, thinking I am going to be stuck in the middle of it. Bought our retirement home in March. Our house is on the market next week. Realtor says $575K+ about $50K more than I thought. Looking at our market, only 3 house for sale in a large area around our house. Going to need a tractor, would like a fishing boat, new house needs windows and an HVAC system replaced. Got a feeling it's going to cost me.. Dealer is begging for my truck, a 2500HD Diesel 4X4 LTZ Silverado with only 42K on the clock (2014) Same with the car, offering dang near what I paid for it.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21

Price in the opportunity costs and see if it works out.

Like Rockinbar says..."I can't replace it."
Posted By: irfubar Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
It's called inflation guys..... too many dollars chasing to few goods.... good grief who didn't see this coming? or who still cannot see this for what it is.....
Goobermint is paying people to sit on their azz and pumping out trillions...... can we say Zimbabwe? wake the fugg up
Posted By: broomd Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
I recently tossed wife's 2008 Yamaha 700 Grizzly on CL, had considered selling it. The bike's immaculate, low miles/hours, camo, PS etc. I mentioned in the ad we were testing the waters.
I listed at $6500 and must have had 50 emails; a day into the ad saw folks wanting to pay $1000 more--cash in hand--just to get the bike.

In the end we kept it. When the 2022's do hit the showrooms again they'll likely be 20% more in price than they were pre-covid. The used market will remain strong.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
I think the world will still be turning if there's less UTV's out there hauling ass on roads and tearing up the forests lol. They pretty much define luxury item, like a jetski.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I think the world will still be turning if there's less UTV's out there hauling ass on roads and tearing up the forests lol. They pretty much define luxury item, like a jetski.

Hey now.... I did a 30 mile loop today through the hood, and didn't exceed 25 mph , even did a stop at the lake to cool off.... no bears, I was ready..... smile wink
Oh and I deserve luxury.... smile

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: P_Weed Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21

improvise

You’re in a good place! Enjoy.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
Originally Posted by irfubar

Hey now.... I did a 30 mile loop today through the hood, and didn't exceed 25 mph , even did a stop at the lake to cool off.... no bears, I was ready..... smile wink

Strictly a work item...
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Strictly a work item...

Yes brother Sam.... a hard day at the office.... smile

I really miss you man. Tell Barb I said hello.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
Sweet pic Fubar.
Sweet pic Fubar.

Thanks Sam.... I was being a dick because Gruff was being a Luddite.... again... smile
Posted By: Torqued Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
Hobby Time power sports outside of town hasn't had more than about 3 or 4, if that many utv's at any given times for probably a year. Before the scamdemic they kept the lot and showroom full of new and used equipment.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
It's called inflation guys..... too many dollars chasing to few goods.... good grief who didn't see this coming? or who still cannot see this for what it is.....
Goobermint is paying people to sit on their azz and pumping out trillions...... can we say Zimbabwe? wake the fugg up

Not so much inflation as it is normal demand versus shortages and the current low supply for so many items.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Not so much inflation as it is normal demand versus shortages and the current low supply for so many items.

Toot, we will have to agree to disagree.... time will tell though... wink
Posted By: 280Rem1 Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21

Where in Wyoming?
I looked statewide for several weeks for one of three makes/models. Was headed to Colorado to purchase one and a dealer in South Dakota called (I spoke to them the day prior) and one of several they had on order came in unexpectedly. We drove 7.5 hrs round trip to purchase it... but I was prepared to drive over twice that as I had been looking for some time.
California, South Carolina and Florida are loaded with them.
Check out "ATV Trader".

Agree.

And it's all a result of Government interference, no matter how you interpret it.

And it's all a result of Government interference, no matter how you interpret it.

Yessir.
A fabricated shortage.
Yes, a COVID fabricated shortage caused by the Governments over reaction. Unfortunately for us it is what it is. Thinking I will be paying more for what I need. Those that don't believe in supply and demand have not paid attention to life or the market. Got transferred in '03, got a whole lot of money for my home. Paid a whole lot for the next one as well. (Sellers Market) where we are at now.
Originally Posted by 280Rem1

Where in Wyoming?
I looked statewide for several weeks for one of three makes/models. Was headed to Colorado to purchase one and a dealer in South Dakota called (I spoke to them the day prior) and one of several they had on order came in unexpectedly. We drove 7.5 hrs round trip to purchase it... but I was prepared to drive over twice that as I had been looking for some time.
California, South Carolina and Florida are loaded with them.
Check out "ATV Trader".

cheyennemotorsports.com. But, I was not searching for a specific machine. Colorado is a quick trip for me as well.

I really miss you man. Tell Barb I said hello.

You know where we live and you are welcome anytime.
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Yes, a COVID fabricated shortage caused by the Governments over reaction. Unfortunately for us it is what it is. Thinking I will be paying more for what I need. Those that don't believe in supply and demand have not paid attention to life or the market. Got transferred in '03, got a whole lot of money for my home. Paid a whole lot for the next one as well. (Sellers Market) where we are at now.

Yup...my little one man business as a fishing guide is about as simple to understand as it gets. I pay higher taxes, more for fuel and supplies. My customers have to pay more. When they can't...I can't.
Posted By: deflave Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
This website has to be the largest collective of behind the times mother fugkers on the planet.

Every week somebody is stunned by a different variety of shortages that have been going on for 12-18 months.
Originally Posted by deflave
This website has to be the largest collective of behind the times mother fugkers on the planet.

Every week somebody is stunned by a different variety of shortages that have been going on for 12-18 months.

I wear my mask in consideration of other people.
I don't wear my mask in consideration of others
I can’t find .380 anywhere. What’s up with that?
Posted By: jackmountain Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21

It’s a combination of things for sure, but to think 13 years of QE and massive amounts of liquidity injected into the markets in the form of economic stimulus hasn’t devalued the USD and isn’t fueling the hyper inflation we’re seeing now is ignorant. Undoubtedly, democrat policies that incentivize people to stay home is just as big a part of the problem.
Posted By: deflave Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
I can’t find .380 anywhere. What’s up with that?

We may need a new thread to get to the bottom of that one.
Actually bought one, (380) decided to get the reloading supplies that I did not have. I can make whatever I need. Thankfully I did that before all this BLEEP hit.
Can anyone explain why 300 wsm dies are unobtainium?
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
Sweet pic Fubar.

Thanks Sam.... I was being a dick because Gruff was being a Luddite.... again... smile

Been called worse. laugh
Posted By: kingston Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
I wear my mask in consideration of other people.

I wear pants in consideration of other people.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
Shortages everywhere, from boats, to houses, to trucks, to motorcycles, to toilet paper. It ain't nothing 10% interest rates won't cure. Well, maybe not the toilet paper.
Posted By: Theoldpinecricker Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
I've been wanting a Honda XL650R dual sport bike. Nothing even close in my area.
Posted By: diamondjim Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
Any shortage of hookers?
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
Originally Posted by diamondjim
Any shortage of hookers?

Not if you've got .22 LR to trade.
Or Primers...
Posted By: sidepass Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
Brother bought a home 10 years ago for 600 k short sale. Just put it on the market in 3 days he got 1.8 mil. Insane! Real estate agent down the st
offered us 900k for our 2 bed 1 bath 93 year old cottage in the Oakland hills. Insane,
Posted By: JPro Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
Guy I know has worked at boat dealerships for years. Got let go this past week because the dealership can't get any boats to sell. I hear car dealerships are having to do the same.

There's no reason for the workforce not to be at 90%+ right now.....
Posted By: smarquez Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Same with, boats, kayaks, bicycles, guns, RVs and so many more items.

The closest to me RV dealer (trailers) is starting to get inventory.

Other than that the OP is about 9 months behind on breaking news.
Posted By: slumlord Re: UTV shortage - 05/17/21
Used to be some grumpy old man on here, people get to talking about wheelers and UTVs, he would post a pic of some ratty old boots. Like everyone was soft.
Haha, I viewed him for doing that as someone that didn’t financially plan well.

Probably some bolo tie wearing shîthead that fisted the neighbor’s mares.
Originally Posted by JPro
Guy I know has worked at boat dealerships for years. Got let go this past week because the dealership can't get any boats to sell. I hear car dealerships are having to do the same.

They can't obtain resin to build fiberglass boats, among other things.
Posted By: smarquez Re: UTV shortage - 05/20/21
Originally Posted by JPro

They can't obtain resin to build fiberglass boats, among other things.

That's supposedly the reason that plywood and OSB prices are rediculoius. Adhesives for lay-up. I don't get lumber prices.
Posted By: TLB2 Re: UTV shortage - 06/13/21
Finally found a utv. I found a Used 2019 John Deere 590m in olive color. with power steering. 198 hours on it. Runs great and I work on them for a living so I should be set.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: UTV shortage - 06/13/21
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] Got one yesterday only reason they had it was guy put a deposit down to order and never picked it up
Posted By: mrfudd Re: UTV shortage - 06/14/21
Much cheaper to buy an old Jeep, Tracker or Samurai. Seems like most of the UTVs are $17k and up. I picked up a 75 CJ5 and 02 Wrangler for less than that combined.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: UTV shortage - 06/14/21
Originally Posted by mrfudd
Much cheaper to buy an old Jeep, Tracker or Samurai. Seems like most of the UTVs are $17k and up. I picked up a 75 CJ5 and 02 Wrangler for less than that combined.

I’d love to have an old Samuria. With air conditioner. 🤠
Posted By: SamOlson Re: UTV shortage - 06/14/21
Full cab adds up quick to the price.

We have a 2016 Polaris 900 XP and it was $20k new 5 years ago.

I would like to upgrade but a modern version is $25k.

Crazy $$$ for a lightweight machine. But they are so handy when it's muddy.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: UTV shortage - 06/14/21
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Everything is short.

ATV's, UTV's, Tractors, Implements, pickups, lumber, feed, etc.

All commodities are short right now.

Yep. Thanks to the Commie DemoRat’s and their damn fake “pandemic”. 😡
Posted By: CRS Re: UTV shortage - 06/14/21
They may be short at the dealers, but here in Black Hills you can't throw a rock without hitting a UTV.
Posted By: Higginez Re: UTV shortage - 06/14/21

A fully locked, light weight, nimble 4x4 with a 1,000# payload, dump bed, and a ton of ground clearance from the factory under $20k is a tough act to follow.

Jeeps and Samurais aren't even in the same league especially if you're working out of them.

Posted By: KFWA Re: UTV shortage - 06/14/21
Originally Posted by Higginez

A fully locked, light weight, nimble 4x4 with a 1,000# payload, dump bed, and a ton of ground clearance from the factory under $20k is a tough act to follow.

Jeeps and Samurais aren't even in the same league especially if you're working out of them.

What did people use before these came out?
Originally Posted by KFWA

Posted By: robertham1 Re: UTV shortage - 06/14/21

Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: UTV shortage - 06/14/21
Just buy a tacoma. Can't believe anyone would drop $20k on an ATV 🙄 Every redneck 30-something in my town has one. Constantly see them driving around choking on dust. Weird...
Originally Posted by robertham1

Hardest part about the donkey was wearing the GPS antenna on my head!
Posted By: Raeford Re: UTV shortage - 06/14/21
Full cab adds up quick to the price.

We have a 2016 Polaris 900 XP and it was $20k new 5 years ago.

I would like to upgrade but a modern version is $25k.

Crazy $$$ for a lightweight machine. But they are so handy when it's muddy.

My 08 Rhino 660 was $8K out the door.
Yeah, prices have gotten pretty crazy. But as Dogcather said, everybody's got one.

Must be something to it.

Heck, a Northstar Ranger with AC and heat will run ya $30k. Yikes!
Posted By: Valsdad Re: UTV shortage - 06/14/21

Higginez.

don't laugh, as soon as His Overlordship Gavin gets word that's a working version he'll outlaw fossil fuel UTV spray rigs like yours.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Higginez.

don't laugh, as soon as His Overlordship Gavin gets word that's a working version he'll outlaw fossil fuel UTV spray rigs like yours.

That stupid fugger would have the donkey in rubber boots and a Tyvek suit!
Posted By: Valsdad Re: UTV shortage - 06/14/21
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Higginez.

That stupid fugger would have the donkey in rubber boots and a Tyvek suit!

With a parade diaper on it too. Maybe a filter of sorts on it's muzzle to catch the methane burps.
Posted By: CRS Re: UTV shortage - 06/17/21

My Ranger works fantastic out on the ranch. But when looking for another one to have at home for snowplowing, ended up going with a 2 door jeep wrangler. Much better pricing and way more enjoyable to use around town and the woods.
Posted By: Higginez Re: UTV shortage - 06/17/21
If a Jeep will do what you need it to do, why wouldn't you buy a Jeep?

A Jeep wouldn't even cross my mind for what I do, but Jeep guys have told me for years I oughta build one. The only boxes a Jeep checks is that they go off road pretty good and wouldn't need to be trailered. That's it!

It's kinda like the guy that shows up to shoot Ground Squirrels all day with his .25-06 and thinks it's the best thing going for varmints and questions why you'd be shooting a measly .20 Vartarg.
© 24hourcampfire