Home
Turns out Pocahontas was my 10th great grandmother.

What interesting characters are in your family tree?

Oh, and I'm also descended directly from the Habsburgs a little farther back.
Just one George W. Tumlinson, 22 yrs old

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortal_32
Others were Tx Rangers And Old 300

George Washington
Habsburg? What’s your lower jaw look like?
Originally Posted by denton

Uh oh.

TRH just put you on ignore.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Bifurcated.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Bifurcated.

A sure sign!
Also suggest you stay outta Sarajevo.
Jimmy Doolittle was a distant cousin to my mother’s side.
The Blond “Dodge Girl” from the 1960’s was a cousin on my Dad’s side.
I'd be afraid to look..
Captain Cook on my grandfathers side
One of my ancestors died in a duel. Killed by a sitting V President.
There was a guy on here several years back that was always braggin’ about being the illegal illegitimate alien great grand love child of Pocahontas. Or some such thing. Always referred to himself as “ we native Americans". Retired army dude in San Antonio i think.

Y’all remember him???? Liked to use a lot of capital letter words
Cross Eyed Ben Turpin was some kind of distant Uncle or Cousin to my dads mom.
Other than that no else that i know of
Daniel Boone, Gen. Francis Marion.
Aaron Burr.

Guess ole Alex Hamilton should have thought twice about messing with my kin! grin
Absolutely no one famous.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

You might be surprised. Go to relativefinder.org. Stay away from relativefinder.com.
Davy Crockett's wife Polly Finley on mom's side. Dad's side Alexander Graham Bell. Always thought that was funny. Dad worked for a telephone company for 30 years...
Chief Vann of the Cherokee on my mothers side. Long ago, far away.
Maj George Washington Newton
BIRTH 1835
Arkansas, USA
DEATH 15 Mar 1907 (aged 71–72)
Buckholts, Milam County, Texas, USA
BURIAL
Oak Hill Cemetery
Cameron, Milam County, Texas, USA
There was a guy on here several years back that was always braggin’ about being the illegal illegitimate alien great grand love child of Pocahontas. Or some such thing. Always referred to himself as “ we native Americans". Retired army dude in San Antonio i think.

Yep. The same one that claimed his mother was Audie Murphy’s School Teacher and that he wrote her a long letter when he was wounded in WW-II
He got really pissed when I proved Murphy didn’t attend the school in the grade his mother was supposed to have taught him.
I challenged him to post the Audie Murphy “letter”. He quit posting right after that. 😜
His Indian name must’ve been “ He who’s full of schitt” 🤪
mom's maiden name was Nixon.

and that leads to one Richard Milhouse Nixon.
All I know is that a grandfather emaciated from Scotland. I understand his motivation was related to the legal ownership of a horse.
Horse thieves and moonshiners.
Merriweather Lewis on my maternal grandfathers side, John Quincy Adams on his side as well, or my grandmothers.

The Lewis & Clark thing kinda tricky as great aunt married a Clark & that tree goes back to William Clark.
I'm afraid to even look into it laugh

Yes big fake, knew everything about nothing.
Those are some very impressive pedigrees for sure..
My roots go all the way back to Noah.
Yup, the very one who built the Ark to God's specs.

🦏🦏🦎🦎🦉🦉🦓🦓🦔🦔🦈🦈🐇🐇🐊🐊🐍🐍🐐🐐🐍🐍🐃🐂🐓🐔🐖🐖🐜🐜🐑🐑🐢🐢🦃🦃🦆🦆🦅🦅🐴🐴🐫🐫🐘🐘

⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️
🌈
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Forgot to mention the Apaches.
I have forefathers who were Chief traders for the Northwest Company and some higher up fur traders that were Hudson Bay men, doing the research is interesting.
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️
🌈

The male or the female ass?
Originally Posted by NVhntr

⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️
🌈

"Thou shall not covet thy neighbor’s ass" ??????? 🤷‍♂️
I don't even know the names of all my grandparents.

Yes big fake, knew everything about nothing.

WTF was that phony’s screen name.???

He also claimed he worked for the “Secret” ABC Agencies in South America

⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️
🌈

"Thou shall not covet thy neighbor’s ass" ??????? 🤷‍♂️

LOL ! You crack me up Bob!!!
Had one ancestor in the Alamo. Several in the War of Northern Agression and the American Revolution.
Traced another ancestor the other day back to the Mayflower.

Nobody famous that I know of, though.
I got you all beat.

First cousin was one of Manson’s close associates.

In other news I’m a direct descendant of King Richard.
Some of mine killed Chinaman, down on Snake River! One served as a Lt. Adjunct to George Washington! Family served on both sides in the War of Southern Rebellion! And the War of Northern Aggression! Depends on whom your talking with! Other than that just a bunch of Irish, English, German and Swede mix! Might call me a mutt!
All my ancestors were religious fanatics
Originally Posted by Ole_270

Crazy James or Rich Joe?
Yup, lot’s of Cherokee Vanns!
My 5th grandfather Capt. Thomas Kennedy served in the Penn Flying Line made it to being a Capt. in the Revolutionary War. He was under William "the Irish Beauty" Stewart and then fought the rest of the war under General Mad Anthony Wayne. His group didn't retreat. His brother in law was Maj. James McFarlane who was killed by some Anglican Bastards who were trying to overtax side whiskey production during the Whiskey Rebellion. Those Revolutionary War guys were pipethumping hardcore sobs. Thomas and James went all the way up to Montreal to break a brother out of prison and fought with Indians the entire way. You go further than that and my family has lineage back to the Lords of Carrick with some heavy duty azzkicking and meanspirited lordship. One of them killed the fiance of Mary Queen of Scots and his bodyman by strangling them. The term holding your feet to the fire came from them when Archibald Kennedy forced Baltistan Castle and its lands from a fat abbot by holding the cleryman's feet to a fire while he signed over the deed to his land. I get back to the Lords of Galloway and Nial of Ninetails but we were lowland Scots. I can go with them back to Alfred the II.

The other line offers my Great Grandfather John Erickson who was a farmer immigrant from Sweden. He once held the outlaw Jesse James at bay with a pitchfork when Jesse came to rob his horse after the failed shoot out at the Northfield Bank. John had 10 children and they are spread across the country. His family was from Northern Sweden but spent some time in Germany as merchants.

The Wiswalls were English and came over before the Mayflower. They worked to establish the town of Newton Massachusetts and are buried in the Cambridge next to Harvard Yard.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

How about infamous? grin
Ace of Aces in WWII. Possibly the best fighter pilot during the war statistically speaking

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_Salvatore_Gentile

http://warbirdsnews.com/warbirds-news/flight-don-gentile.html
I can’t believe it went this far and nobody’s has said my great grate ever so grate grandparents were Adam and Eve.

Mine were!
Aaron Burr.

Guess ole Alex Hamilton should have thought twice about messing with my kin! grin

So, how many generations does this feud last? Do I have to put you on ignore? grin
They say Genghis Khan is in the DNA of a huge number of folks in Europe to this day......so a bunch of us could have the ultimate wild ancestor.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Ole_270

Crazy James or Rich Joe?

Gee, I'll have to look into that, memory isn't what it used to be. Rumor was he was a rich, not so nice guy. I know Moms family came over the Trail of Tears to Oklahoma, Grandma's birth certificate showed Nowata, Indian Territory as birthplace. Will Rogers was also a distant cousin.

6x/First Cousin Andrew Bell Caddell at San Jacinto.
Originally Posted by jwp475

George Washington

President George Washington had no direct descendants, and his wife Martha Custis was a widow when they married, but he adopted Martha's grandchildren — "Wash" and his sister "Nellie" — and raised them on his Mount Vernon estate.
An ancestor of mine was a judge for the Salem witch trials. Somehow I don't think those judges had a whole lot of credibility.
Scots-Irish and Welshmen. The Welshmen were in the War of Northern Aggression and I have a name when one came back after the War. Read it in the old family Bible I have. Some Swiss thrown in for fun. Be Well, RZ.

You must be really excited - so exactly what kind of cousin are you to Elizabeth Warren?? 😁
Don't know if he was wild but had a great(i don't know how many back) grandfather that while not being a citizen of the us at the time was a cannoneer on the ship Old Ironsides.

He survived the war and many years became a citizen while living down in New Orleans.

The other side might have been banditos in the south MS.and LA.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

i am connected to boone too. one of mine, married one of his daughters.
Originally Posted by Slope77

You must be really excited - so exactly what kind of cousin are you to Elizabeth Warren?? 😁

Oh...OUCH!!

Looking at the family tree, I calculate that I am 1/4096 Powhatan indian, which is better than the Senator.
He is a couple, don’t know how wild they were.

- Abraham Lincoln is my 3rd cousin (5x - generation’s removed)
his GG (Enoch Flowers) grandfather is my 7th GG. His daughter Rebecca Flowers married John Lincoln and her sister Elizabeth Flowers is my 6th GG.

- Cyrus McCormick - inventor of the reaper is also my 3rd cousin ( 5x gen. removed). We share a great grandfather . Cyrus McCormick was also born same year as Lincoln ( 1809).

- John Finley is my 6th great grandfather, and he was a good friend and path finder guide of Daniel Boone.

- Polly Finley ( wife of Davy Crockett ) is a cousin of mine. See above, she shares a GG of mine and John Finley.

A few other interesting people, ( even a couple Native American wives thrown in) but no others as well known as some of the ones above.

My family has extensive records of Geneology since most of my ancestors lines have been here in US since 1600’s. Most were big farm land owners and patriots that have been here for long time. And most of those sons and daughters tended to marry into the various big families that were in the area.

Besides my Geneology records that we have, I have been able to confirm through DNA match’s these record connections.

Most all of my Dad’s side of the family came from the farm lands in Pennsylvania. Schooly’s; McCormick’s; Hunter’s; Oakes; etc.
Found out a few years ago two of my ancestors were chiefs of the Mississippi Choctaw Tribe, one of whom led the Choctaw Native Americans on the “Trail of Tears” in the early 1800’s from Mississippi to the “Indian Nation” in Oklahoma. Henry Nail, chief of the Choctaw from late 1700’s to early 1800’s; and George Hawkins, chief for several decades in the early 1800’s who actually led my ancestors to Oklahoma during the forced “relocation”. Cool stuff, but sad. Nowadays I wish I was running around wearing only a loincloth on a bareback horse with a feather in my long hair, and only a flint knife, flint spear, and only a bow and arrow to my name! Oh, and also a voluptuous squaw; lol!! I’ve told my wife for years that I was born in the wrong century. I absolutely despise this modern slavery society

"We're descended from thieves and whores."
Frank and Jesse James along with Cole Younger are cousins of mine somewhere on my dad's side.
Hatfield's of Mingo and Logan Counties West Virginia on my mother's side.
My lineage is just Highlander Scotts and Indians, with a little English and Dutch moved in about in the 1820s
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I had the DNA run, and I am higher in the Neanderthal DNA than 96 percent of the population! I say, if the shoe fits, wear it!

Here is my family in The Cave in Scotland in 44, 376 BC. I am the little kid in the right front with the big rock.
We had such a wonderful Christmas that year.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

I had the DNA run, and I am higher in the Neanderthal DNA than 96 percent of the population! I say, if the shoe fits, wear it!

Why is that Neanderthal holding an RPG? You sure that’s a Neanderthal?
Originally Posted by Chisos

6x/First Cousin Andrew Bell Caddell at San Jacinto.

two of his uncles fought at San Jacinto, I'd have to look up their names, we're old 300
Henry the XIII on my dad's side..... My wife was not to amused with this news but she is Southern country and I'd be afraid to try to cross her no matter what deep seated urges might be in my DNA cool

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2352438/henry-viii-six-wives-anne-boleyn-beheaded-weddings/
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
[
Here is my family in The Cave in Scotland in 44, 376 BC. I am the little kid in the right front with the big rock.
We had such a wonderful Christmas that year.

I bet neanderthal chicks were fun
Neanderthal girls liked it dog style. Back then, we called it "Mastadon Style."
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I can’t believe it went this far and nobody’s has said my great grate ever so grate grandparents were Adam and Eve.

Mine were!

HOLEY Crap
You mean to tell me we are related
That Can not be I do not believe it.

Just Kiddin
Direct descendent of Cain.
My greatX2 uncle was supposed to be the first candidate for the Virginia electric chair...got life in prison instead.
My mother has gone full daughter's of the American revolution since my dad died 6 years ago.

After many grave ceremonies, she's telling me there's a cradle in the Smithsonian that came off the santa Maria and held my great grandfather x7.

I'm not sure. But I've got a bunch of ancestors buried all over the eastern seaboard way before Boone came up into the Cumberland gap. That much is sure.
Originally Posted by Colorado14er
Frank and Jesse James along with Cole Younger are cousins of mine somewhere on my dad's side.

We may be kin.
My Mother's maternal Grandmother was a cousin to Bersheba Younger, Mother of Cole. Their maiden name was Fristoe. My Mother's last surviving sibling has told me of their Grandmother, who knew them, saying " those boys didn't do everything they were accused of". I've not found any family connection to the James's but the Dalton's were cousins to the Youngers.
Bersheba, Cole, Jim and Bob are buried in Lees Summit in the cemetery on the west side of 281.
Kings, a couple of presidents, explorers all the way down to rapists and murderers. Looks like I’m covered on many fronts. No Africa blood tho.
Originally Posted by teamprairiedog

We may be kin.
My Mother's maternal Grandmother was a cousin to Bersheba Younger, Mother of Cole. Their maiden name was Fristoe. My Mother's last surviving sibling has told me of their Grandmother, who knew them, saying " those boys didn't do everything they were accused of". I've not found any family connection to the James's but the Dalton's were cousins to the Youngers.
Bersheba, Cole, Jim and Bob are buried in Lees Summit in the cemetery on the west side of 281.

They used to live up the street here back in
the 1800's with Belle Starr when they called
this neighborhood the old Scyene community
When I was young, there was the remnants of
one of the old livery stables that rented horses
and buggies and leased stable stalls.
An uncle used to lease it for his horse pasture
years ago.
Originally Posted by Ranger99

We may be kin.

years ago.

The father of Cole and the rest was Henry, who was wealthy and owned liveries and had a Postal concession and from what I've read was a peacefull man who did his best to remain neutral to all of the political drama but was robbed during Jim Lane's raid on Oceola and on other occasions and eventually murdered while traveling on business near the Little Blue just east of KC and when found was still wearing a moneybelt full of $$$. So not a robbery.
I wish school children would learn about the Jayhawkers and Red Legs and Jim Lane and General Order #11 but that's all being omitted. Might just change the narrative of what really happened.

Originally Posted by Whelenman

Mine were!

(Not) in the words of Charles Darwin: "Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!"
My 75yr old mother insisted that I needed to research my family tree by the DNA test. I responded, “If you go back far enough you will find out that we are all related”. And I also said, “What if all your digging into ancestry reveals that an ancestor of ours was a serial killer or pedophile”?
Anyway, I reluctantly complied for craps and grins. Turns out that my Great, Great Grandfather was a KKK Grandmaster in Georgia, LOL!!! You seriously can’t make this crap up! Mom did NOT like
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
An ancestor of mine was a judge for the Salem witch trials. Somehow I don't think those judges had a whole lot of credibility.

Interesting! One of my grandmothers was Martha Carrier, convicted and executed for witchcraft at Salem.
On my Dad's side, we were salt merchants going all the way back we managed to buy ourselves a cardinalship and a small barony outside of Munich. That had all evaporated by WWI. Our only big mark on history is that our family was one of the first to give succor to Martin Luther. However, we do have one sincere character in our ranks: my great-grandfather, Georg, is still considered the patron saint of drinking in Marburg, the oldest college town in Western Europe. His bust appears in the pubs.

On Mom's side, I'm related to the Plymouth Rock Wetbacks. We are also kin to the Shreves. The most notable of these was Henry Miller Shreve. Shreve built the first steamboat to go all the way up the Mississippi. He later invented the snagboat and cleared the Red River. Shreveport LA is named for him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Miller_Shreve

KYHillChicks kin are also quite interesting. On one side, she's related to Tecumseh. On the other, Mary Ball, George Washington's mother. Her kin were at Kings Mountain. Her one relative was the one that was put in charge of the British prisoners.

The association between the Balls and the Shreves go all the way back to the court of Elizabeth I. Our marriage is not the first of its kind. We've also documented her Acadian side (the ones with ties to Tecumseh) being at New Madrid while Henry Miller Shreve was there plotting out the town's streets.
Fifth cousin was Ingemar Johanson. Other than that mostly farmers and carpenters in Sweden.
The Farther of the Texas panhandle ranchers, Charles Goodnight, is somewhere in my roots.

Yep, Beav has some Tejas blood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Goodnight

Advance payment for Flave....GFY

Laffin

🦫
Very unfashionable on the 'fire to admit to being an old Californian...but it is what it is...The miners came in '49
The whores in '51
And when they got together
They made a native son.
One of my forebears married Miles Standish’s daughter
Originally Posted by pabucktail

Interesting! One of my grandmothers was Martha Carrier, convicted and executed for witchcraft at Salem.

Just how old are you?!
One ancestor owned the land that is now Arlington national cemetery.

Robert E. Lee?

Robert E. Lee?

Or, Martha Washington?
Christopher Columbus, George Washington , Andrew Jackson , Hercules, Conan the Destroyer, Sitting Bull , George Costanza , Ben Franklin, Maya Angelou
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Christopher Columbus, George Washington , Andrew Jackson , Hercules, Conan the Destroyer, Sitting Bull , George Costanza , Ben Franklin, Maya Angelou

..........Oprah, Obammy, Cher , Sonny,
And Richard Pryor!

Robert E. Lee?

College: Tony was from Kentucky. Joe was from Iowa. During a history discussion, Tony kept referring to "Robert A. Lay". Joe, always one to try to make people comfortable, at one point abandoned his "Robert E. Lee" and referred to "Robert A. Lay". At this point, Tony, always as nice as could be, corrected Joe that it was pronounced "Robert A. Lay", not "Robert A.Lay".
Originally Posted by llama2

his GG (Enoch Flowers) grandfather is my 7th GG. His daughter Rebecca Flowers married John Lincoln and her sister Elizabeth Flowers is my 6th GG.

- Cyrus McCormick - inventor of the reaper is also my 3rd cousin ( 5x gen. removed). We share a great grandfather . Cyrus McCormick was also born same year as Lincoln ( 1809).

- John Finley is my 6th great grandfather, and he was a good friend and path finder guide of Daniel Boone.

- Polly Finley ( wife of Davy Crockett ) is a cousin of mine. See above, she shares a GG of mine and John Finley.

A few other interesting people, ( even a couple Native American wives thrown in) but no others as well known as some of the ones above.

My family has extensive records of Geneology since most of my ancestors lines have been here in US since 1600’s. Most were big farm land owners and patriots that have been here for long time. And most of those sons and daughters tended to marry into the various big families that were in the area.

Besides my Geneology records that we have, I have been able to confirm through DNA match’s these record connections.

Most all of my Dad’s side of the family came from the farm lands in Pennsylvania. Schooly’s; McCormick’s; Hunter’s; Oakes; etc.

Looks like we are related...mccormicks here too along with Finleys...polly and John. Small world.
And Richard Pryor!

And Gene Wilder, Rodney Dangerfield
And if you really roll up your sleeves and dig in to the genealogy CEASAR
If your grandparents didn't have any children, it is probable that your parents didn't have any either.
(Please don't do the adoption thing - that isn't what we are talking about here.)
my wife`s great grandparents were from Germany and Norway ,my great grandparents one from Germany , Sweden, Ireland so we both come from the Norseman clans ,big people, boozers and fighters. my Grandfather was with John Dillinger , many American soldiers in wars in my wife`s family and my family too ,none of us like what Biden/Harris are doing to America.

Robert E. Lee?

don't remember his name, my uncle has all that info, sons of the revolution, or whatever it's called, is what he's a member of. I know the first ancestors on my dad's side were some of the earliest settlers of Virginia and the Carolinas.

Robert E. Lee?

don't remember his name, my uncle has all that info, sons of the revolution, or whatever it's called, is what he's a member of. I know the first ancestors on my dad's side were some of the earliest settlers of Virginia and the Carolinas.

Same. We’re probably related
Originally Posted by 5sdad
If your grandparents didn't have any children, it is probable that your parents didn't have any either.
(Please don't do the adoption thing - that isn't what we are talking about here.)

#TacoTuesday
#ChipsAndMargs
"Hey, Clyde - find out who your old man was yet?"

Anyone else remember that?

Robert E. Lee?

Same. We’re probably related

I'll call him tonight if he's not working and get some info.
My ancestors were all good-looking.

French likely
According to my Dad’s aunt, we descended from William the Conquerer.

I bet a lot of others w UK heritage are also.

We may be kin.

years ago.

The father of Cole and the rest was Henry, who was wealthy and owned liveries and had a Postal concession and from what I've read was a peacefull man who did his best to remain neutral to all of the political drama but was robbed during Jim Lane's raid on Oceola and on other occasions and eventually murdered while traveling on business near the Little Blue just east of KC and when found was still wearing a moneybelt full of $$$. So not a robbery.
I wish school children would learn about the Jayhawkers and Red Legs and Jim Lane and General Order #11 but that's all being omitted. Might just change the narrative of what really happened.

Quite interesting. I have never done any research on them. Just going by what my dad told me growing up. I believe Cole Younger is the closer connection and I was always told by dad he was a cousin of the James boys. Guess I should look into it more.

Thanks

Interesting as I has been said I was related to Robert E. Lee on my mother's side. I was supposed to get a copy of the geneology from a great Aunt but she passed away before she got it done. Tried a few times to chase it down but no luck. Tried a few times to contact a few relatives that knew her her but no one remembers anything. Most are all dead now anyway.
Paul B.
I love these threads on the campfire . About like reading an onion article some of you are so full of BS. It’s cheap entertainment though. Keep the BS coming!
One of my great uncles was Arnold Guthrie!!!!!
Though not related, many pictures of relatives on my dad's side look like Adolph Hitler (even some of the women).
Originally Posted by ridgerunner_ky
I love these threads on the campfire . About like reading an onion article some of you are so full of BS. It’s cheap entertainment though. Keep the BS coming!

Everything I've posted is true and have the documents to back it up, my uncle spent yrs researching this stuff, we are members of the sons of the republic of texas and my uncle's, sons of the American revolution. I never got into it as much as they did.
Some family papers report my great, great,great grandmother as splitting logs with Abraham Lincoln.

They both grew up in Kentucky, but there is too much age difference.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Some family papers report my great, great,great grandmother as splitting logs with Abraham Lincoln.

Between you and Lincoln, Richard??? Couldn’t be that much????
Adoptions and bastard children never happened lol. It’s all in Great grandmas bible!
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Between you and Lincoln, Richard??? Couldn’t be that much????

laugh
Ya Bob, Abe wasn't such a bad kid in school, that Moses, on the other hand, like to pick on us younger kids. laugh
This guy and some of his family were in the first wagon train to reach California. He hobnobbed with Fremont and Kit Carson. His wife sewed the Bear Republic flag. They killed a bunch of Indians out there, wound up in Texas for a while and killed some Comanches, then in his 50s he moved back to California and rode with a Confederate guerilla band during the civil war. A newspaper article back during his lifetime called him "the Indian killer." He pretty much looks it. Some of my mother's people.

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

French likely

Naah, Ancestry.com nailed it down to like a city block in SW Ireland, which agrees with what we know. Turns out the reason they could be so specific was like three generations of inbreeding leading up to the famine. Once word got out Ancestry.com ain’t that specific anymore 🙃
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

i am connected to boone too. one of mine, married one of his daughters.

Another Boone descendent here. Daniel's sister's side.
The Waner brothers, Paul and Lloyd, baseball HOF
Wife's side: Sir John Hawkins, English naval commander, privateer, and slave trader

We may be kin.

years ago.

Quite interesting. I have never done any research on them. Just going by what my dad told me growing up. I believe Cole Younger is the closer connection and I was always told by dad he was a cousin of the James boys. Guess I should look into it more.

Thanks

Jesse is buried in Kearney MO. and Bob Ford ( his killer) is buried in Richmond MO. maybe an hours drive apart. Ford was killed in Creede CO. and brought back to MO. ... I've always thought that odd.
Mayflower on my mother's side (Tilley, Priest , and Howland). Pocahontas' father (er maybe grandfather) on the other.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Aaron Burr.

So, how many generations does this feud last? Do I have to put you on ignore? grin

Nah, I wasn't even aware of the connection until one of my paternal uncles did his genealogy recently and let us know.
Originally Posted by ridgerunner_ky

Everything I've posted is true and have the documents to back it up, my uncle spent yrs researching this stuff, we are members of the sons of the republic of texas and my uncle's, sons of the American revolution. I never got into it as much as they did.

Not you Stx, you are one of the more interesting cats on here.
Originally Posted by Steve
Mayflower on my mother's side (Tilley, Priest , and Howland). Pocahontas' father (er maybe grandfather) on the other.

Well then, you and I are distant cousins.
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Originally Posted by llama2

Looks like we are related...mccormicks here too along with Finleys...polly and John. Small world.

We probably are. I thought that also when you mentioned Polly Finley earlier.
My great-grandpa was the ultimate wild ancestor!

A drunk Irishman who pilfered a dairy in San Franciso one night and was caught the next day - from then on he was known as "The Butter Bandit".

I guess that's why I'm the crazy wild guy I am!
Originally Posted by Steve

Well then, you and I are distant cousins.

Like 15 times removed. Unless someone wasn't being honest about who they were diddling.
Thomas Paine. Explains a few things.

Martha was my 8th great grandmother on my dad's side. Are you the rich cousin I've been looking for?
I'm related to Martha through my mom's people. I'm not rich, but I do believe River_ridge could square up with us nicely for our 329 year old family hurt and trauma by providing us each with some sort of Blaser rifle.
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Thomas Paine. Explains a few things.

Are you familiar with a gentleman named Moncure Conway?
I'm related to Martha through my mom's people. I'm not rich, but I do believe River_ridge could square up with us nicely for our 329 year old family hurt and trauma by providing us each with some sort of Blaser rifle.

#reparations
I'm related to myself, and my relatives, and that is good enough for me.
My ancestors spend eternity bragging that they are related to me. grin
^^^^good one
The Cherokee women must have either been the biggest whores ever or the.men were the ultimate cockhounds. Many people that lives within 100 miles of the trail claims they have some Cherokee blood in them.
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
The Cherokee women must have either been the biggest whores ever or the.men were the ultimate cockhounds. Many people that lives within 100 miles of the trail claims they have some Cherokee blood in them.

a lot of them would be proven wrong with a DNA test.
© 24hourcampfire