Home
I borrowed a friends lock kit to change the locks on my sons house, I dropped the tray that holds all the pins.......Damn what a mess. here's a picture where I'm about an hour and a half into the clean up.

The pins vary in size from .165 to .300 in .015 increments, not enough difference to be able to see it with my eyes so I measured each one with Calipers. That was fun, Lol, I got about 6 hours into this fuqkup.

[Linked Image]
Damn, that sucks !!!
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
Damn, that sucks !!!

X2
"The Dropsies" suck big-time!
And get more common as you age, and don't have the dexterity you used to have.
Yep, that looks like no fun at all.
Best star over and use a micrometer to be certain LOL
Just damn !

šŸ¦«
Shoulda just bought new knobs.šŸ˜‰
Well Kamala wished you an enjoyable long weekendā€¦
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Lol, now ya tell me........

Between door handles and dead bolts the kid has 10 tumblers to change Woulda cost the 300 bucks for new locks. under normal circumstances this would a been a bargain.
What's a new pin kit like that cost? A hundred bucks or less, I would be tempted just to buy him a new one.
Last one I saw were color coded . That sucks with a big straw!
Originally Posted by auk1124
What's a new pin kit like that cost? A hundred bucks or less, I would be tempted just to buy him a new one.

Pins are about 7.00 per hundred, there's a couple hundred pins per tray 10 trays.......Gets a little pricey besides he needs to use the kit Monday to do a job.

My fuqkup, my responsibility.

I got to spend a lot of time listening to Joe Bonamassa so it wasn't all bad.

Lol, The kid is feeling bad, I could probably get a little mileage out of that anyways......... grin
That's very nice of you. Your friend dropped it earlier. He was going to borrow your calipers...
If you have a very precise scale and the weight differences between various sized pins are sufficiently significant, you might be able to save time/effort sorting by weight.
Originally Posted by efw
Well Kamala wished you an enjoyable long weekendā€¦

Yeah....no kidding.
Ya clumsy fugger!! Donā€™t do that!
Good luck widdit.
That is epic.
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Ain't that the truth šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚
That would be my luck too.
Originally Posted by Dess
That's very nice of you. Your friend dropped it earlier. He was going to borrow your calipers...

Too funny! I have a few unpleasant chores to do today. Now they donā€™t look so bad.
Originally Posted by hanco

Lotsa people go through life and schit like this never happens to em.

Annoying things like dropping a pen or pencil and it rolls to the most unreachable place always.
Dropping a wrench into a engine cranny and no way to get it out even with a magnetic finger.
Ect ect ect.
Just annoying schit that you accidently do and you know it is gonna turn into a PITA every fugging time cause it's never been any other way for ya.
Like god is snikering at ya and set it all upšŸ„“šŸ„“šŸ„“

Some people it just never seems to happen too ever.
Life is a non annoyingly simple event for em.

If I spilled that tray like 12344 did.
I woulda spent hours unfugging it all like he did.
The bead shop called.

They said to tell you to stay the hell out!

laugh
At least it didn't land on your foot.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I borrowed a friends lock kit to change the locks on my sons house, I dropped the tray that holds all the pins.......Damn what a mess. here's a picture where I'm about an hour and a half into the clean up.

The pins vary in size from .165 to .300 in .015 increments, not enough difference to be able to see it with my eyes so I measured each one with Calipers. That was fun, Lol, I got about 6 hours into this fuqkup.

[Linked Image]

Karma Toby Karma!!!
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by hanco

Lotsa people go through life and schit like this never happens to em.

Annoying things like dropping a pen or pencil and it rolls to the most unreachable place always.
Dropping a wrench into a engine cranny and no way to get it out even with a magnetic finger.
Ect ect ect.
Just annoying schit that you accidently do and you know it is gonna turn into a PITA every fugging time cause it's never been any other way for ya.
Like god is snikering at ya and set it all upšŸ„“šŸ„“šŸ„“

Some people it just never seems to happen too ever.
Life is a non annoyingly simple event for em.

If I spilled that tray like 12344 did.
I woulda spent hours unfugging it all like he did.

When I see someone have a meltdown over nothing...

I always think/say,
"Wish my life had been so easy that i saw that as a big deal".
Iā€™m not laughing.

That sucks.
I think I'd be putting them in little ziplock baggies this time.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The bead shop called.

laugh

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
I know I shouldn't laugh but d@mn... šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
You make my fingers hurt. And ya, a powder scale will show the difference.
I think I would have just used the pins for tumbling media, and bought a new set. lol
Ouch!

Donā€™t listen to Denny.
Heā€™s a meanie.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I think I'd be putting them in little ziplock baggies this time.

Agreed, and then I'd use a double-tall 3700 Plano box with a gasket.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The bead shop called.

laugh

Good, ever since I dated Amanda beads scare the hell out of me...........
After separating the pins you're now qualified to pick fly s hit out of pepper.
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
At least it didn't land on your foot.

I guess there is a bright side.

Originally Posted by Whelenman
Karma Toby Karma!!!

Those who live in glass houses......... wink
Originally Posted by gunswizard
After separating the pins you're now qualified to pick fly s hit out of pepper.

Lol, and here i am down at the pond squeezing the piss out of the frogs to raise the water level.
My youngest asked to make a cake for her motherā€™s birthday.

I cannot bake.

Nevertheless, Google we did and found an adequate recipe. The whole nine yards. Cake and frosting all from scratch.

Put cake on cake holder thingy. Picked up by handle to take to garage (it was winter).

Cake holder thingy failed on one side.

Four hours of work, and it looked like a cow just schit on the kitchen floor. LOL
Originally Posted by deflave

I cannot bake.

Nevertheless, Google we did and found an adequate recipe. The whole nine yards. Cake and frosting all from scratch.

Put cake on cake holder thingy. Picked up by handle to take to garage (it was winter).

Four hours of work, and it looked like a cow just schit on the kitchen floor. LOL

Awe hell, scrape it up and blow it off, enough frosting will fix anything!
My youngest asked to make a cake for her motherā€™s birthday. I cannot bake. Nevertheless, Google we did and found an adequate recipe. The whole nine yards. Cake and frosting all from scratch. Put cake on cake holder thingy. Picked up by handle to take to garage (it was winter). Cake holder thingy failed on one side.
Sorry about the thingy failure and cake ruination, but I admire the effort - and like this post.
Not as bad a mess as what you have there, Paul, but yours reminds me of one of my own messes like that. I had a work van that was set up pretty much the way I liked it. I had a set of 3 drawers with carrying handles on top that pulled out individually to be used as trays. I had just re-stocked that morning with all the various screws and nails of several different sizes and types. Long, medium and short drywall screws. 2-3 different types of sheet metal screws and at least 3 different types of nails, roofing, 8d Nad 16d.

Got to the site that morning, strapped on my tool belt and decided to re-stock my pouches from my freshly topped off screw and nail drawer/tray. Pulled out the drawer juuuust a bit too far and dumped the whole damned thing out into about an inch of fresh, fluffy snow.

Didn't take me 7 hours to pick them all up, but it did take long enough to get my fingers good and cold.
Whoopsies
And I thought it was bad when during a move, a moving box with several boxes of component bullets got dropped, and I had to sort about 600 6.5mm, 7mm, and .308 bullets out!
Don't ever put your open tackle box containing over 200 salmon spoons on the engine cover (I/O...) while fishing in 4'~5' waves. šŸ¤®

grin
I feel for you mainly because I've done stupid stuff like this so many times I can't count them all.... I've gotten to the point I don't even get upset (much) any more- I just start picking stuff up and get to sorting and cleaning....

Once you start expecting this stuff to happen is when you know you're really in deep.... wink

Hope the rest of your day went better...

Bob

I cannot bake.

Awe hell, scrape it up and blow it off, enough frosting will fix anything!

#BundtCake
Mighta just bought a new one
Next thing you know he'll drop the freaking calipers
Told my friend about it when I gave him the kit back.........He laughed his ass off, Basturd liked how it was so organized now.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Yep, that looks like no fun at all.

Agreed.

Zero fun.
Are we supposed to believe you actually have a friend.

I cannot bake.

You really are a dipchit. 4 hours and you have to follow a simple baking recipe, and you drop the fuggin thing.

Congrats
I did the exact same thing in 2010. I borrowed the set and it got knocked off the stool i had it on. I just eyeballed them the best I could.
I got one of those Craftsman mega socket kits for Christmas some years back. Metric and SAE, 1/4, 3/8, & 1/2" drives, 6 point and 12, standard and deep. All come in a injection molded case that has a spot for every friggin' one. At least 3 to 4 times a year I open that thing wrong. The OCD in me HAS to get every one back in the same labeled spot.

Goes like this:

One of the kids: "Mom! Dad is on the floor of the workshop and he's really mad!"
Wife: "He must've dropped the sockets again."
Kids: "He's SWEARING!"
Wife: "You know better. Stay away from him unless he needs you to crawl under the workbench like last time."

Props to you Mag. I usually need a drink afterwards.
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
I got one of those Craftsman mega socket kits for Christmas some years back. Metric and SAE, 1/4, 3/8, & 1/2" drives, 6 point and 12, standard and deep. All come in a injection molded case that has a spot for every friggin' one. At least 3 to 4 times a year I open that thing wrong. The OCD in me HAS to get every one back in the same labeled spot.

Goes like this:

One of the kids: "Mom! Dad is on the floor of the workshop and he's really mad!"
Wife: "He must've dropped the sockets again."
Kids: "He's SWEARING!"
Wife: "You know better. Stay away from him unless he needs you to crawl under the workbench like last time."

Props to you Mag. I usually need a drink afterwards.

Give me a call next time Brother, I'll bring the Calipers.......... wink

Lol, I thought I had at least you fooled, you know it's your turn to buy breakfast.

yer such a mean little man.......
Originally Posted by MPat70
I did the exact same thing in 2010. I borrowed the set and it got knocked off the stool i had it on. I just eyeballed them the best I could.

Lol, Why didn't you warn me?
Originally Posted by auk1124

Pins are about 7.00 per hundred, there's a couple hundred pins per tray 10 trays.......Gets a little pricey besides he needs to use the kit Monday to do a job.

My fuqkup, my responsibility.

I got to spend a lot of time listening to Joe Bonamassa so it wasn't all bad.

Lol, The kid is feeling bad, I could probably get a little mileage out of that anyways......... grin

You can borrow my tools any time.

Only for another 12 hours. When his friend goes to work tomorrow and realizes his kit is jacked up.

Sayonara

šŸ˜šŸ¦«
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Only for another 12 hours. When his friend goes to work tomorrow and realizes his kit is jacked up.

Sayonara

šŸ˜šŸ¦«

I guess I'll have to start being nice to Denny again on Tuesday........
I hate it when stuff like that happens. And it does.

Back in '69, entering data into a computer meant "keypunching" lots of cards. You had to get an appointment to use the keyboard, and pay by the hour to use it.

A classmate walked out of the computer building with an open box of several hundred cards, representing several days' work. The wind caught the box, the cards flew, and he was just sick. The worst part was knowing that he had carried an open box outside in Kansas, where "calm" means wind below 20 mph.
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Sayonara

šŸ˜šŸ¦«

I guess I'll have to start being nice to Denny again on Tuesday........

Itā€™s Tuesday !!!!! When is it going to start???
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Don't ever put your open tackle box containing over 200 salmon spoons on the engine cover (I/O...) while fishing in 4'~5' waves. šŸ¤®

grin

And that ainā€™t no schit.
My brother in law wouldnā€™t listen when I told him to close AND latch the spoon box.
Dipschit actually asked me to help him untangle the treble hook orgy. I laughed. It took him about a half hour to get them separated enough to stuff them in the box.
© 24hourcampfire