Home
Posted By: Hubert Paraguay - 05/31/21
can anyone tell me about Paraguay? My grandson is moving to that country in July. Its his wifes idea and his mother Inlaw.. I don't know what the problem is.he has two children a 2 year old girl and a 6 mos old boy..he has quit his job and will have to find work..his MIL is buying a house there.. but her Husband is not coming with Her..I have decided his MIL and wife are insane.. Tell me what you know about the country I know nothing..I am really confused.. HELP.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Paraguay - 05/31/21
The in-laws from there?

Or just a random place picked on the map?
Posted By: Hubert Re: Paraguay - 05/31/21
In-laws from Germany Grand son married a German Girl..
Posted By: GeoW Re: Paraguay - 05/31/21
[Linked Image from cdn1.matadornetwork.com]
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Paraguay - 05/31/21
Sounds like a bad idea.
Posted By: efw Re: Paraguay - 05/31/21
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Paraguay - 05/31/21
Originally Posted by Hubert
can anyone tell me about Paraguay? My grandson is moving to that country in July. Its his wifes idea and his mother Inlaw.. I don't know what the problem is.he has two children a 2 year old girl and a 6 mos old boy..he has quit his job and will have to find work..his MIL is buying a house there.. but her Husband is not coming with Her..I have decided his MIL and wife are insane.. Tell me what you know about the country I know nothing..I am really confused.. HELP.

FIL not going.
Hmmmmm....

MIL and wife idea..................
Gee........

FIL probably glad to get rid of his wife and dont care about relatives that went their after WW2???
Sounds like the frauleins are running da show.

Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Paraguay - 05/31/21

#strange.

Not that he married a German gal, but they picked Paraguay.

Posted By: dale06 Re: Paraguay - 05/31/21
Was there a few times on business in the 1990s. Frankly don’t remember a lot, but seems like it was quite poor. I was almost entirely out in the countryside as opposed to in the cities. Not sure why anyone from the USA would move there, unless it was a temporary work assignment.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Paraguay - 05/31/21
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

#strange.

Would have thought Argentina.
Posted By: hanco Re: Paraguay - 05/31/21
I wouldn’t move there!
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Paraguay - 05/31/21
Ever think to ask your grandson why?
Posted By: Morewood Re: Paraguay - 05/31/21
"Paraguay was a popular place for German leaders accused of war crimes to retreat after the second World War. Also, there is a large minority of German descendants living in the department of Itapúa, mainly in the Departmental Capital, Encarnación and the German town of Hohenau. Most of the Germans who settle in this region came from the larger German colonies from neighboring Brazil and Argentina."
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Paraguay - 05/31/21
I believe it is the poorest country in S. America. What President Trump called a "sh** hole country." Run by a dictator. Sounds like a great place to live.
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Paraguay - 05/31/21
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

#strange.

Would seem to be the better choice. I think I'd be pretty ok with Argentina.
Posted By: bowmanh Re: Paraguay - 05/31/21
Seems like an odd choice. Paraguay is a poor, landlocked and relatively small South American country. It has a lot of the problems common in Latin American countries, namely, corruption and marginal rule of law. It's probably cheap to live there, which might be part of the rationale for wanting to move there. Still, unless you had relatives or close friends there, it seems like an unlikely choice.
Posted By: 4th_point Re: Paraguay - 05/31/21

That was going to be my first question. I have a friend here who has family in Paraguay. They moved there from Germany and Russia.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
You wanna know what's insane, Argentina and Paraquay have German colonists from the Nazis and before. Both are beautiful countries. There are German towns in several of those countries that will blow your mind.

My question to you is do you have money?

If so, you can pay local bandits to harass them so much they move back to the USA.

All of this Plandemic stuff has affected folk in many different ways, they might be able to enjoy a more unmonitored stress free life with more freedoms than in other countries to include our own.

I hope your grandson ain’t carrying a life insurance policy, red flags in your post.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
They goin by submarine?

Tradition and all.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Rural America is better
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/paraguay/
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Moving to a chithole with a mother in law, 2 kids to feed and no job sounds like a good life choice. It will be cheaper for him to divorce her now so she can’t take the kids out of country, because that’s going to end badly.
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I believe it is the poorest country in S. America. What President Trump called a "sh** hole country." Run by a dictator. Sounds like a great place to live.

Not much different than the US right now.
https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/static/732a87476c48e6e79b98f760407e8330/PA-travel-facts.pdf
Y’all trust cia info, a joke
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Moving to a chithole with a mother in law, 2 kids to feed and no job sounds like a good life choice. It will be cheaper for him to divorce her now so she can’t take the kids out of country, because that’s going to end badly.

Or worse if he has good life insurance
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Y’all trust cia info, a joke

It's basic stats not much else. What part do you find in error?

Mike
They suck at everything except being unAmerican and criminal
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
When a country of 7 million people has 90% of its wealth locked up in fewer than 200 people....
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
This business of dragging kids off to some foreign toilet often seems to be the idea of wives and mothers-in-law.
Posted By: Whiptail Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21

When I worked in Brazil, the Brazilians made fun of Paraguay. I guess it's known for cheap electronics so the Brazilians go there to buy them.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Sounds like a bad move spurred by single agenda females.

Still haven't said what the attraction was for the two females.
Posted By: ejo Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Divorce!

Keep the kids in the US.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Being a broke expat living in a country with two women who are 3/4 nuts sounds like a blast.

Good Luck to the young man.

🦫
Posted By: Dess Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Witness protection for German war criminals...what could possibly go wrong?
Posted By: 79S Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Fun facts I found

OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM. Paraguay is generally a safe country though it has its many dangers in the form of petty crime, violent crime, smuggling, money laundering, corrupt police and many other.

The most famous are 'the heart of South America', 'the land of water' and 'the island surrounded by mainland'. Largest navy: Although Paraguay only has land borders, it has a large navy. Of all the countries in the world without access to the sea, Paraguay has even the largest naval power

Paraguay is a rich country, but full of poor people,” says Eladio Flecha, general secretary of the Partido Paraguay Pyahura. “The distribution of wealth is very unequal: 80 percent of land is held by 2.5 percent of the population, and 161 people control 90 percent of the wealth of our country.
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Paraguay
Posted By: 79S Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Originally Posted by BFaucett

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Paraguay

Lol
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Originally Posted by 79S

Lol

grin grin
Posted By: DMc Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
161 people control 90% of the wealth in Paraguay, which also has the largest Navy, for a landlocked country, in the world. OK..., what are they shipping? (In, or out?) And to what ports?
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Sounds like your grandson has his head screwed on straight and is in for a wonderful ride.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Sounds like your grandson has his head screwed on straight and is in for a wonderful ride.

Or, the grandson got screwed and lost his mind.
Aother screwing, like he never imagined, is coming his way.

Hubert, does he live in Philthy now?
If so, Paraguay might be an upgrade, and he is mentally prepared.

Seriously, good luck to your family.
I hope this goes well.
Posted By: chesterwy Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Be sure to let us know how it goes for him.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
A large navy, and no access to the sea. Why would they spend so much money on a navy? I wonder if they have a big lake they can float around on. The Paraguayan Admirals can recreate the Battle of Midway on the lake in Paraguay. War games.

Next month, they will recreate the Battle of Trafalgar.
Posted By: viking Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Divorce her now.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Paraguay or anywhere’s else, he’s pretty well fugged.

About the only place south of the border having anything close to resembling a democratic government would be Costa Rica and it’s changing rather fast.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
The US sold/gave old ships to a lot of S. American countries, Paraguay included.
We made UNITAS cruises (circumnavigated the continent),excersicing and training the Navies.
Oh yeah, and visiting fun places
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
A large navy, and no access to the sea. Why would they spend so much money on a navy? I wonder if they have a big lake they can float around on. The Paraguayan Admirals can recreate the Battle of Midway on the lake in Paraguay. War games.

Or Jutland

Mebbe they have of overabundance of former Kreigsmarine officers just setting around with nothing to do.

Posted By: renegade50 Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Isnt this where Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid got whacked??
Or Uruguay????

Probably not alotta gringo love in either place still..

Unless your German and have ties to the places and certain populations down their.
Probably a buncha RB 15,s and Jon Boats with wpns on em.
🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
If I wanted to starve to death somewhere, I would pick a place that spoke english.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Or Uruguay????

Unless your German and have ties to the places and certain populations down their.

Bolivia
Archaeologist son had a great time on a project in Ecuador. And, apparently they use our money. They were real close to one of the coastal towns where Papa Hemingway was trying to snag on of those record swordfish. Him being a bit of a foodie, he said he went to the market every day and grabbed up fresh seafood items he prepared for evening chow.

However he did say he didn’t want to live there. He also said getting there was a bit of a challenge. Had to do an over night stop in El Salvador which was worse than Indian country.
Posted By: johnw Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Paraguay has been a refuge for many through the years. It was the destination of choice for Anastazio Somoza after the U.S. denied him the right to enter.

Of course, he was assassinated there within the year...
Assuncion is a pretty cool place, none the less...
Posted By: johnw Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

About the only place south of the border having anything close to resembling a democratic government would be Costa Rica and it’s changing rather fast.

Who has a stable representative democratic republic north of the border?

And you are incorrect about the government of Paraguay. They have issues (and we don't?) but their government seems to be modeled after ours
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by renegade50
Or Uruguay????

Bolivia

Ahhhhh.....
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
I think a lot of my wife, but if she and the mother in law were moving to Paraguay, they’d go without me amd the kids.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

I hope this goes well.

I was being facetious. Anyone who lets his wife and mother in law decide anything besides what’s for dinner isn’t exactly squared away. smile
Posted By: 4th_point Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Whatever became of the land that GW Bush bought down there? Ranching? Or the aquafer?
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Ever think to ask your grandson why?

Not trying to throw out an insult, but it sounds like a case of terminal pussy-whip.

Thump him in the head and kidnap him, until he grows out of it.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Poster country for “Third world Schthole”
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Hey OP, do you know anything about the father in law?

No one seems to have mentioned the fellow might be the issue and since mother in law came from Germany perhaps there's no relatives for her to get away from the old man here in the States.

Might could be he's a wife beater and for all we know diddled the daughter for years and still wants to.

Lots of reasons to leave, and maybe the women have a good one?

or maybe they's crazybitches. wink
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Archaeologist son had a great time on a project in Ecuador. And, apparently they use our money. They were real close to one of the coastal towns where Papa Hemingway was trying to snag on of those record swordfish. Him being a bit of a foodie, he said he went to the market every day and grabbed up fresh seafood items he prepared for evening chow.

However he did say he didn’t want to live there. He also said getting there was a bit of a challenge. Had to do an over night stop in El Salvador which was worse than Indian country.

Hemingway and others used to fish Cabo Blanco Peru for beeeg black marlin. Had a clubhouse that hosted John Wayne and other notable Americans.

Pretty sure it's reverted back to the natives at this point.
https://www.vayaadventures.com/blog/hemingway-glory-days-cabo-blanco-peru/
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
The navy is for riverine operations.
There's much, much more to the story than we're hearing...
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Originally Posted by johnw

Who has a stable representative democratic republic north of the border?

And you are incorrect about the government of Paraguay. They have issues (and we don't?) but their government seems to be modeled after ours

Lots of governments have attempted to model ours.

Enjoy your visit there if you go.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Hemingway and others used to fish Cabo Blanco Peru for beeeg black marlin. Had a clubhouse that hosted John Wayne and other notable Americans.

Thanks Madmooner. I was alluding more to the waters! Same general area. South Ecuador/ North Peru. 😉😊
Posted By: DMc Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Well thanks! Duh. Hand to forehead.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21

I have experience in SA, but not with Paraguay specifically. Although I did train a couple guys that were Paraguayans.

Paraguay is poor. Even by SA standards.

A number of places that I would consider living in SA. Paraguay would not be one of them from what I have heard and experienced. In fact, if I were to list places in SA to spend an extended period of time, Paraguay would be about 5 or 6th from the bottom.

Others have touched on the subject, the situation as described is a train wreck happening before your eyes. For grown adults to suggest what your daughter in law and her mother are suggesting is beyond idiocy. It is lunacy. It will not end well. Your son needs to put his foot down and say no. And if the dil balks, file divorce papers pronto to keep her from taking the kids out of the country.

There is no way this ends well for him or the grandkids.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

I hope this goes well.

I was being facetious. Anyone who lets his wife and mother in law decide anything besides what’s for dinner isn’t exactly squared away. smile

I figured it for sarcastic. grin
But what the hey!

Gotta be careful here.
We're confusing smart ass and smart Alex.
Before you know it...big dam fight.
And we agree!
Posted By: OldHat Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Sounds like an excellent place to live if you like rural living. I suspect an ambitious moderately educated person could do well in the agricultural industry.

Southern south America has some excellent hunting for introduced species! The trout fishing on the eastern slopes of the Andes is world class - all introduced.

Paraguay Population Density
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Are they bilingual?
Are they bilingual?

Unilateral

Possibly triply funded
Spanish is one of the easier languages to learn for an English speaker.
Originally Posted by DMc

Well thanks! Duh. Hand to forehead.

He is sharp as a tack. Lol

Thanks Madmooner. I was alluding more to the waters! Same general area. South Ecuador/ North Peru. 😉😊

Right on, Kaywoodie. It was meant as an add on to your post. Pretty sure the old man fished where ever the big fish swam! Ecuador, Peru, Cuba....

Even an occasional submarine. Lol.
Cerveza grande =big beer

The Parana River is over a mile wide on their border and it is not far down that to the sea. They probably have ocean access through treaties.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
OK, I didn't think of that, rivers.

"Paraguay – The Armed Forces of Paraguay operate a navy of around a dozen vessels and has several thousand personnel. It operates on the country's major rivers, notably the Paraguay River and the Paraná River. The Paraguayan Navy could reach the open sea by traveling downriver through Argentina. The Paraguayan Navy served in the Paraguayan War and in the Chaco War."

Even an occasional submarine. Lol.

With Thompsons, no less! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well they woulda if they coulda!!!
Posted By: rem141r Re: Paraguay - 06/01/21
Originally Posted by OldHat

The Parana River is over a mile wide on their border and it is not far down that to the sea. They probably have ocean access through treaties.

probably don't want to bother taking swimming trunks
Posted By: Hubert Re: Paraguay - 06/02/21
Are they bilingual?
yes- they speak several tongues. and are well collage educated..
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: Paraguay - 06/02/21
shot doves down there 20 years ago... neat place. Wouldn't live there though...
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Paraguay - 06/02/21
Well Hubert, your grandson has already let it ALL go too far, a man doesn't get led around by a mouthy woman OR her mother, a man should listen to his own mother, but then do as "he" see's fit, he ignored the warning signs early on with these two and married those problems anyway, so he now has to ride that shltshow out.
Posted By: Chisos Re: Paraguay - 06/02/21

#strange.

Lot of the Nazi SS wound up in Paraguay.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Paraguay - 06/02/21
Originally Posted by Chisos

#strange.

Bunch of Nazis ended up in both places, actually.
Originally Posted by gunner500
Well Hubert, your grandson has already let it ALL go too far, a man doesn't get led around by a mouthy woman OR her mother, a man should listen to his own mother, but then do as "he" see's fit, he ignored the warning signs early on with these two and married those problems anyway, so he now has to ride that shltshow out.

Allowing his and his children's future to be washed down the drain by a couple of heavy-handed female nut jobs.

Surprised they're not antifa, too.

Purple or blue hair?
Posted By: rem141r Re: Paraguay - 06/02/21
paraguay chicks got the big asses like brazilian chicks? could be a deciding factor.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Paraguay - 06/02/21
Meh...frick it. You’re only young once. He should go and have some adventures. Nearly every country in the world has an enclave of two that are as nice as anywhere. Usually Americans and Europeans can get in them by virtue of their relative wealth.

If you travel a little, one thing you learn is that the “Home of the free and land of the brave” is a load of bullschit in lots of ways. Sure, lots of countries have worse laws, but they are a whole lot less concerned about enforcing them than we are. They don’t have that puritanical Yankee neurotic desire to stamp out all fun and make sure everyone fits a cookie cutter mold of correct thought. I mean schit, ask those poor bastards getting cornholed on a daily basis in Washington D.C. jails for the last five months while they await trial on the deadly serious crimes of things like misdemeanor criminal trespass how free they feel. Can anything in Paraguay be any worse?

By the way, Paraguay consistently ranks as “The happiest country on earth” based on polls of residents. A little research shows it to be a fairly right wing place and one of the fastest growing economies in South America. Hell, your son might be getting in on the ground floor of a good thing.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Paraguay - 06/02/21
Originally Posted by local_dirt

#strange.

Plus Chile. I'd take Chile or Argentina over Paraguay. Only thing that Paraguay makes is Tagua holsters (junk).
On a related note, I just finished reading a book called The Real Odessa about the Nazi ratline to Argentina. Everyone knows that Pope Pius was crooked but the book also mentions Cardinal Montini as being heavily involved. He became Pope Paul VI. Yet another reason that I've abandoned my Catholic upbringing.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Paraguay - 06/02/21
What about the women in Paraguay? That’s what I’m talkin bout
https://www.mylatinlife.com/blog/2020/7/31/paraguayan-girls
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Paraguay - 06/02/21
BobBrown getting to the 'meat' of the matter.
Damn , Bobby May need a grass hut in Paraguay for the winters
Posted By: old_boots Re: Paraguay - 06/02/21
@Hubert,
It's June 2nd and not too late.

Tell Grandson to wake up and get his head out of his AZZ... Tell him to tell his wife " NO " we are not moving to some shiit-hole south american country and endangering our children. That's just nuts.

He needs to get his job back or look for a new one ASAP, plenty of help wanted signs out there.
Originally Posted by old_boots
@Hubert,
It's June 2nd and not too late.

Tell Grandson to wake up and get his head out of his AZZ... Tell him to tell his wife " NO " we are not moving to some shiit-hole south american country and endangering our children. That's just nuts.

He needs to get his job back or look for a new one ASAP, plenty of help wanted signs out there.

Someone from New York is advising someone on not moving to schitholes? Got more than seven rounds in your magazine, comrad?
Posted By: paulfish308 Re: Paraguay - 06/02/21
new germania (i know nothing of this web site): https://archive.curbed.com/2019/6/28/18744439/nueva-germania-failed-utopia
Posted By: old_boots Re: Paraguay - 06/02/21

[/quote] Someone from New York is advising someone on not moving to schitholes? Got more than seven rounds in your magazine, comrad?[/quote]

Notice I live in "rural" NY, there is a difference. Just because I live in NY doesn't mean I'm in step with the program here. Care to share where you reside? By the way this is the correct spelling of the word "comrade".

Someone from New York is advising someone on not moving to schitholes? Got more than seven rounds in your magazine, comrad?

Notice I live in "rural" NY, there is a difference. Just because I live in NY doesn't mean I'm in step with the program here. Care to share where you reside? By the way this is the correct spelling of the word "comrade".
[/quote][/quote]

The question is why is anyone on this board trying to dissuade a young man from going somewhere where he might be a bit more free? Post pics of your 30 round magazines and see how long it takes them to come get you. You may not be on board with it, but you still live under it.

#strange.

Plus Chile. I'd take Chile or Argentina over Paraguay. Only thing that Paraguay makes is Tagua holsters (junk).
On a related note, I just finished reading a book called The Real Odessa about the Nazi ratline to Argentina. Everyone knows that Pope Pius was crooked but the book also mentions Cardinal Montini as being heavily involved. He became Pope Paul VI. Yet another reason that I've abandoned my Catholic upbringing.

You just can't understand how dark the popes were until you go to Italy and study their history. Incredible.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Paraguay - 06/02/21

#strange.

You just can't understand how dark the popes were until you go to Italy and study their history. Incredible.
Oh, I know about that. It's just when something happens in your lifetime (him being pope), it's a lot different than old history. You can always think "things were different back then and we're more civilized now". Nope, in some cases.
Posted By: old_boots Re: Paraguay - 06/03/21
Originally Posted by JoeBob

[/quote]

The question is why is anyone on this board trying to dissuade a young man from going somewhere where he might be a bit more free? Post pics of your 30 round magazines and see how long it takes them to come get you. You may not be on board with it, but you still live under it. [/quote]

A bit more free in Paraguay perhaps. How good is living there otherwise though? 56% of the population lives in poverty, avg. monthly income is $422. With political unrest, chronic economic and crime problems I'll stay right here in NY until I'm ready to leave... Yap all you want.
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Paraguay - 06/03/21
If I had to live in that area of the world and couldn't go to Argentina, Belize seems a hell of a lot better than Paraguay.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Paraguay - 06/03/21

#strange.

Oh, I know about that. It's just when something happens in your lifetime (him being pope), it's a lot different than old history. You can always think "things were different back then and we're more civilized now". Nope, in some cases.

Well stated. We're obviously looking at another collaborator pope in our own times.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Paraguay - 06/03/21
Not the USA.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Paraguay - 06/03/21
Originally Posted by xxclaro
If I had to live in that area of the world and couldn't go to Argentina, Belize seems a hell of a lot better than Paraguay.

Some relatives Farm soybeans in Belize. They like it and enjoy the aspect of coming and going as opposed to living there full time.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Paraguay - 06/03/21

Your "that area of the world" encompasses many thousands of miles. Belize to Argentina is about 4200 miles.

Your "that area of the world" encompasses many thousands of miles. Belize to Argentina is about 4200 miles.

Pretty sure xxclaro means the “area of the world” that’s south of North America..
Posted By: johnw Re: Paraguay - 06/03/21
Guessing here that Belize is closer to Canada than it is to Paraguay...

And in more than one way....
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Paraguay - 06/03/21

Pretty sure xxclaro means the “area of the world” that’s south of North America..

Hey if its hot, sticky and full of brown people its all part of the same "place" to me lol.

Hey if its hot, sticky and full of brown people its all part of the same "place" to me lol.

Leave Louisiana outta this !!
Grins
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Paraguay - 06/03/21
Originally Posted by johnw
Guessing here that Belize is closer to Canada than it is to Paraguay...

And in more than one way....

Guy new the better spot!! 🤪

Posted By: gunner500 Re: Paraguay - 06/04/21
Originally Posted by gunner500

Allowing his and his children's future to be washed down the drain by a couple of heavy-handed female nut jobs.

Surprised they're not antifa, too.

Purple or blue hair?

No shlt Buddy LD, i dont talk to anyone that way, damn sure wont take lip from a mouthy woman OR her mother, i have never had to apologize for anything i've said to the people i love and care for, it's a simple matter of thinking before you speak, these crazy head yapping bitches would get hit in the head with a maul around here!
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Paraguay - 06/04/21
Leave the resort town and Belize is an epic 3rd world schit hole, like most of central America.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Paraguay - 06/04/21
Reminds me of that old Harrison Ford movie. Mosquito coast?

Hope the kids don't go native.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Paraguay - 06/04/21
I just got back from Costa Rica. It's a nice country, beautiful beaches, people are pretty nice. There is still a lot of poverty and petty crime there though and it's supposed to be one of the best places south of here. I liked it much better than Mexico.

A friend of mine who's also here on the campfire said his dad had to sell his dream home he built down there at a major loss and come back to the USA. I guess his taxes had gone up 1000% over 10 years and his home started getting broken into.

Food seemed very expensive down there and not very good. It was $10 for a small box of cereal and milk was $6 a gallon. My wife kept asking how do these people afford to eat. I told her they eat beans and rice not imported processed stuff. It seemed like little of the food we bought was made there.

When I lived in South Africa we ate well for less money than in the USA. But they had all their own brands and made many things there and didn't have to import. Some of it was very good quality.

Bb
Posted By: AKCHOPPER Re: Paraguay - 06/04/21
It does sound like a nice place.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Paraguay - 06/04/21
Paraguay is known for beef.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Paraguay - 06/04/21
It's okay, but I like butter better.
© 24hourcampfire