Home
Posted By: jorgeI SO I'M AT THE CABIN UP IN PA - 06/02/21
Wive's family cabin up in PA (she owns it now along with her sister and (idiot) BIL) and I discover this gem that my FIL says has not been shot in at least fifty years. Barrel was clean and shiny so I loaded some cheap-assed Armscor 22LR HPs and shot it at fifty yards with that ancient Weaver...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Suffice it to say, it's mine now....
Nice!
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Wive's family cabin up in PA (she owns it now along with her sister and (idiot) BIL) and I discover this gem that my FIL says has not been shot in at least fifty years. Barrel was clean and shiny so I loaded some cheap-assed Armscor 22LR HPs and shot it at fifty yards with that ancient Weaver ....

..... and?

And?

Don't leave us hangin' bruh.
Looks like it hasn't lost its accuracy .
Oh hell yeah!
thats, goes right along with those lafers and knee high socks
Originally Posted by SCRooster
Wive's family cabin up in PA (she owns it now along with her sister and (idiot) BIL) and I discover this gem that my FIL says has not been shot in at least fifty years. Barrel was clean and shiny so I loaded some cheap-assed Armscor 22LR HPs and shot it at fifty yards with that ancient Weaver ....

..... and?

And?

Don't leave us hangin' bruh.

read under the picture... smile
Posted By: efw Re: SO I'M AT THE CABIN UP IN PA - 06/02/21
Dang man talk about a score! That’s a beautiful little .22! Congrats!
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Oh hell yeah!

Yep.
An icon from another era 😎
Originally Posted by gitem_12

It's cold in PA this time of year, right?
Nice. A lot of the old time squirrel hunters used rifles and scopes like that. Where's the cabin?
So wtf is the mask and gloves for? Don't get covid from guns only from the lack of time with guns. Mb
Originally Posted by thumbcocker
Nice. A lot of the old time squirrel hunters used rifles and scopes like that. Where's the cabin?

Rothrock State Forest. 99 acres.

48 degree mornings. It was glorious.
Posted By: papat Re: SO I'M AT THE CABIN UP IN PA - 06/02/21
Rem 121?
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
An icon from another era 😎

Jorge or the rifle? grin

That's a nice find.
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
So wtf is the mask and gloves for? Don't get covid from guns only from the lack of time with guns. Mb

Hanta virus protection.!!

48 degree mornings. It was glorious.

Don't think it got that cold here this morning. Heat wave. 95F yesterday. Have had to fire up the swamp cooler and window A/C even.

Rothrock SF sounds familiar. Knew a gal with that last name many years ago...........she was fun!

Enjoy that while you can, I sure would.
What make & model is it?

That is cool, that is where I live. Im in those woods all the time.
Cannot read your mind, so I must ask- Remington or Winchester?
Posted By: las Re: SO I'M AT THE CABIN UP IN PA - 06/02/21
We had one of those when I was growing up. After my folks died, my oldest brother glomed it, then his outlaw kid sold it for booze/drugs.

Bastard!

And yes, very accurate! Ours never was scoped - killed many hundreds of rabbits, some squirrels, a few pheasants, and at least one deer.
I'm jealous, both of the gun and where the cabin is! I love that area of Pennsylvania.
Good for you Jorge, cool rifle

probably to a floridian
Posted By: Pugs Re: SO I'M AT THE CABIN UP IN PA - 06/02/21
Originally Posted by Terryk

Hatari and I and our spouses were up for the weekend as well. Truly a cool place. This is the larger cabin the big family group owns. Built in 1902 it's in the process of a major rehab with more lodging in the attic level, new HVAC and kitchen and a whole lot of upgrades. Next is re-chinking (racist! grin ) and blasting it with media to clean up the creosote. It's great now and will be amazing when done. Always nice of Jorge to have us up. We did a fair amount of shooting.

First 22 I ever shot was that model with iron sights.
Posted By: davet Re: SO I'M AT THE CABIN UP IN PA - 06/02/21
Rem 121, I love mine, produced in 1958.

If it has lost any accuracy in that time, I can't tell it.

Well done Jorge! Same Weaver on my Rem. 550-1! Nothing wrong with em! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

PS. Damn nice cabin!
OK you guys,

quit with the "cabin" labeling. If it's got any sort of "HVAC" system it surpassed the cabin stage a long time ago. One might even consider it to have passed cabin stage when it was electrified.

Y'all are as bad as some of them folks with "deer camps" that are more decked out than some fancy lodges I've been in. grin
Looks like a beautiful camp and I know the area is beautiful. Gun ain't bad either.

Enjoy
Very nice, jorge.
Posted By: ROMAC Re: SO I'M AT THE CABIN UP IN PA - 06/02/21
Shoot the 250-3000 99 Yet?
Posted By: acy Re: SO I'M AT THE CABIN UP IN PA - 06/02/21
Sweet setup. Rifle and cabin.
Wive's family cabin up in PA (she owns it now along with her sister and (idiot) BIL) and I discover this gem that my FIL says has not been shot in at least fifty years. Barrel was clean and shiny so I loaded some cheap-assed Armscor 22LR HPs and shot it at fifty yards with that ancient Weaver...

Sweet!
Cool looking old rig
Beautiful old rifle. I wish some of the old rifles were still being made. Not many new rifles could shoot with them today without a lot of work.
Rem. 572 adl .
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by Terryk

Hatari and I and our spouses were up for the weekend as well. Truly a cool place. This is the larger cabin the big family group owns. Built in 1902 it's in the process of a major rehab with more lodging in the attic level, new HVAC and kitchen and a whole lot of upgrades. Next is re-chinking (racist! grin ) and blasting it with media to clean up the creosote. It's great now and will be amazing when done. Always nice of Jorge to have us up. We did a fair amount of shooting.

You need a guy for the blasting, let me know.
Got one. It's his main thing. Houses, cars, furniture.
Local Vette restorer uses him, gotta have your ducks lined up
blasting a 60's fiberglass body.
Got one of them to , extractor broke on it ..should get my brother to drop off with Lee and get it fixed !
That's some sweet luck right there!
For those who asked, it's a Remington 121. As to the definition of "cabin" it and the one adjacent (where we stay) sure as f uck is a cabin. The Fireplace is beautiful and we burned wood all weekend. The "Big House" (in pic) has been completely redone inside with brand new kitchen, heads, etc. Next year it will get the outside sandblasted to remove the old creosote and replace any rotting logs (we have a saw mill company on standy) as well as new CHINK(ing) to replace the horse hair now in place.

From the pic, I could have mistaken the rifle for the 572 in my safe. 572 was purchased new in 84 or 85.

This one wears a Bushnell Scopecheif IV 3-9x40 purchased 20 years earlier. "Command Post", ringless mounts and all.
© 24hourcampfire