Home
Spent 4 hours today doing the yard sale thing.
Just looking for whatever might catch my eye hunting or shooting related.
Might hit 3 or 4 yard sales before you see some hunting stuff...
Even then it is mostly junk.....
Most yardsales are fugging clothes of all ages around here with some Fat cow and granny on 02 presiding it seems.
Biden Bucks are tapped out for em probably.
Fashion disaster stuff that should be sent to Guatemala...
To help keep the flies off the half nekked children....

Only thing worth a fugg today.

Scored this pair of Rocky,s for 10 bucks.
Look like older deer stalker model before they went full blown retard with the complete covered nylon gortex craze..
Be the the clarabelle the clown model for all I care....

Had been in the closet dust on em.
They fit 👍👍👍 tried em on sitting in some 5 dollar lawn chair.

Tread has basically zero wear.
But the leather is broken in somewhat.
They insoles still have the Rocky logo on em.

Pretty sure these will work in Antarctic Tennessee temps for deer hunting.🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Not bad, Danners would be better!, I bought a Stanley saw yesterday for 8 bucks, runs good.
Great score Rene! Rocky’s aren’t bad hunting boots.
My Rocky Snake boots are at least 10 years old now and still going. Still waterproof too.
Yard sales are the best.......just don't ask if the boots were owned by a dead guy.

I wore a shirt for a year........then my wife told me.

Rockys can be iffy.......but those look decent.
My unca suga gratuitous issue Belleville ECWCS from my last tour in Korea 04 05 are getting long in the tooth...
LOL!!!!

You can see the leather crack hole in the left boot that appeared last Dec.
Not fun walking thru water in hard wood bottoms area late last season in the morning dark going to a stand.
I got some mileage outta those Bellevilles.

I loved the cornstalkers in the 90’s. Wore a few pair out. Most comfort boots out of the box I ever owned.
Save the laces from those Bellevilles...
Wash em in the sink.
Burn the fuzz off em with a lighter.
Fugging non fraying/ breaking indestructible...
You did well!!
What if the previous owner had foot fungus.
Love tag sales ! Today I found a great pair of Red/Black wool hunting pants for $5. No name but I 'm thinking 1950's. Woman in her 70's said her husband ran Blueticks for coon and bobcats for the bounty.
Amazing that they were in your size!
Originally Posted by OldHat

Lysol.
Originally Posted by Masshunter
Love tag sales ! Today I found a great pair of Red/Black wool hunting pants for $5. No name but I 'm thinking 1950's. Woman in her 70's said her husband ran Blueticks for coon and bobcats for the bounty.

That's a gift!
I saw a moth fluttering around yesterday and thought I better wrap mine up in a sealed bag. If not for those they'll outlast us. I wore my 97% wool mil shirt last week when it cooled down.

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."

James 1
\/. \ /

He ain't ascard of no fungus laugh
You can get some fabulous deals on hunting stuff at lawn/garage sales. About 5 years back I got a Filson tin cloth upland hunting jacket for 3.00 and a Woolrich insulated mackinaw for 10.00. I don't think either had ever been worn. They looked brand new.
Not to be the topper....but i too went yard saling today. Guy down the way had a pair of husky chainsaws in a case. A 272xp missing the top cover. I asked how much after pulling it over....good compression.

He said free....gotta take the case too.

Brought em home added fresh fuel and 3rd pull.....BAM! Runs great.
The fungus among us.
Previous owner barely wore em looking at the Rocky logo intact on the insoles.
Like chillin said
Some good spraying inside with whatever antifungal foot spray.

I doubt I do it though.

LOL!!!
Shopping at yard sales and Goodwill for clothing is indicative of poor planning or extreme boredom... or both.

#misspentyouth

mike r
Originally Posted by high_country_
Not to be the topper....but i too went yard saling today. Guy down the way had a pair of husky chainsaws in a case. A 272xp missing the top cover. I asked how much after pulling it over....good compression.

Holy schit!!!
Originally Posted by 673

He ain't ascard of no fungus laugh

LOL
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by high_country_

Holy schit!!!

I hit it with my pressure washer and it doesn't have a scratch on the the thing.....its like new.
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Amazing that they were in your size!

Dude I find alot of stuff.
Out and about all the time.
#,s and probability = finds.
Wear a 10.5 or 11
Fit alotta times is different from manufacturers.
Plow boots I got on now are 11,s.
Been on kinda a roll last couple of months.
Guns, scopes, ammo, and now a pair of boots.
Damn good snag, if they fit Bonus points!
You’ll never wear those out
Just about ready to drunk order.

https://www.yeti.com/en_US/coolers/soft-coolers/backpack/18050124000.html#start=1

Three 36oz bottles will stand upright with room to spare for snacks and an ice pack.

Slice the straps off ASAP, lunch afield...lol
I love flea markets. Yard sales, not so much.

I stopped at a few today. Typical "our junk could be your junk!". Kids clothes, and other clothes that would never come close to fitting me, tables FULL of ceramic knick knacks, old dvds and vhs tapes, and falling-apart old furniture.

I prefer ebay. The yard sale you can browse from the comfort of your own home.... and actually find something!
Is this another sensible shoes thread?

smile
Is that them Rockys that rubber sole peels off after you get a 100 yards from the truck?? 🤣🤣

10-1/2 lol

same size as Tattoo from fantasy island
you seen feets like my dad, you'd spray them things. pops toe nails looked like trisquets. so thick he cut then with linemans scissors..

great boots. you got a friggen deal. breaks my heart that i no longer fit into two pairs of really nice boots. ariat work hogs perfectly broken in and mid 90's rocky bear claw all leather 1000gr boots, also well broken in and mainly used on really cold weather hunts.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Is that them Rockys that rubber sole peels off after you get a 100 yards from the truck?? 🤣🤣

10-1/2 lol

I'm moving on up into Keebler " High Dollar Gear" territory.
Working on building up a 40 pd daypack full of Deer hunting gadgets to "Geardo" myself out for this fall.
But aint gonna spend a nickel for some ammo to learn how to shoot
LOL!!!

Be sure to the the “ as seen on tv” gear.

Cough silencer.
Butt out.
The grapple that looks like the Pick-up-a-toy crane game so when you drop your handkerchief outta the stand.
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Is this another sensible shoes thread?

smile

Not without proper participation.

Lol.
Side bar..........

I picked up and moved Keebler jr,s daypack last fall on one of his gut shot deer tracking adventures.
Thing weighed 35 pds at least....

Zippy couldnt follow simple instructions on that blood trail I was helping him on.
Your the shooter
I'm the tracker..

He couldnt put a shot on it at about 85 yds when I spotted it hobbling along down in a valley in plain f u c k ing veiw thru open hardwoods.
Said he couldnt see it in his scope.
Told him let me have your rifle now I see it....
Didnt carry mine cause I was bloodhound/sighthound
Stupid fugg had it on super black out 9 power mode...
JFC.........
Deer banged a left up another hollow by time I zipped it down to 3 power and tried to get a shot....
Even then eye releif blacking out sight picture on least little misalignment.
Quarter mooning , half mooning, total blackout...

That was about 45 mins into the schit show.
Tried to impart some advice about his craptastic setup in a nice way, basically went in one ear and out the other....

Daddy Keebler came up behind us with his coke bottle glasses.

I tapped out at that point.
Said you 2 got this now.
I gotta go...

I will never help them on a blood trail ever again.
They wound and lose 2 or 3 deer a yr consistently....
And those are just the ones me and slumlord know of.

But they have 700 or 800 bucks of geardo clothes and hunting equipment each.👍👍👍👍👍👍
But cant shoot worth a fugg with their craptastic set up rifles.

I even mentioned shooting at a range with em to help em out.
And not to be a dick about it, just to honestly help em out and improve their rifle set ups and some shooting advice based on watching them shooting.
Basic Teach, coach, mentor stuff... it's in my nature......

Naw...... they are good to go they said...

Yep..... you both sure are GTG..... JFC......
sounds like he could use a good pair of boots..
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Lysol.

He obvioulsy hadn't worn them long enough!

Nice score for $10.
Man you are retired , we’ve got to find you a another friggin hobby. You spending Biden gas prices and wearing your truck out to buy someone else’s stinky ole boots 🥾
Not only that but you retired and stayed in Clarksville. You need an intervention man..
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Yard sales are the best.......just don't ask if the boots were owned by a dead guy.

I wore a shirt for a year........then my wife told me.

Flashback time. In Africa used Goodwill-quality clothing collected in the West is commonly and cheaply sold in the market places. I suppose this is true all over the Third World, so when ya see some guys on video wearing random polyester t shirts and slacks or old blue jeans that is most likely where they got them. Generally used as everyday work attire in the sticks. Outfit often finished off by cheap plastic flip flops with a safety pin sometimes inserted under the sole into the toe strap base to hold it in place after the plug wears out.

Where I was these clothes were called “Obruni Wawu” (Dead White Guy), after the popular belief about their origin.

One time over there I came across a guy wearing a windbreaker embossed with the logo of a garage just down the road from my parents’ house back in NY State. Pretty sure the proprietors of that outfit were still alive at the time.
And when they print up shirts for sports championships but the wrong team lost.
Renegade

Seriously start filming all your hunts and scouting activities. I bet a Walmart will sponsor you and you’d get your choice of ANY OUTFITTING GEAR Walmart sells. Bad ass !

Bob
Originally Posted by Stophel
Iv

Typical "our junk could be your junk!". Kids clothes, and other clothes that would never come close to fitting me, tables FULL of ceramic knick knacks, old dvds and vhs tapes, and falling-apart old furniture.

I !

My wife and I hit every yard sale in town. 95 % exactly what Stophel said, but every so often a hit that makes your day.
I have a very good library of nonfiction books on military history and history of the West, average price probably less than a buck. Several guns and lots of reloading equipment and components. Tools. Fun.

10-1/2 lol

Hope they hold up for R Five-Oh. I'll never own another set of Rocky's (spits on ground). I dragged three rifles out of a snowy, steep canyon maybe 500' deep with a pair of them on their very first hunt in northern Idaho, after breaking them in back home. This is what the sole looked like back at the truck. Never again.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

10-1/2 lol

Hope they hold up for R Five-Oh. I'll never own another set of Rocky's (spits on ground). I dragged three rifles out of a snowy, steep canyon maybe 500' deep with a pair of them on their very first hunt in northern Idaho, after breaking them in back home. This is what the sole looked like back at the truck. Never again.

I bought 2 pairs of light weight Rocky pac boots and the soles feel off both pairs. The most comfortable and stealthy pac boots that I've owned. For $10 I might try another pair.
Originally Posted by ridgerunner_ky
Man you are retired , we’ve got to find you a another friggin hobby. You spending Biden gas prices and wearing your truck out to buy someone else’s stinky ole boots 🥾
Not only that but you retired and stayed in Clarksville. You need an intervention man..

🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴
I know.....

LOL!!!
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

10-1/2 lol

That sucks big time man....

See how my 10 buck experiment turns out.
Catman boots

😂😂🤣
I've two pairs of Rockys have the soles fall of after little too no wear.

Grumble, grumble, grrrrrrrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Renegade

Seriously start filming all your hunts and scouting activities. I bet a Walmart will sponsor you and you’d get your choice of ANY OUTFITTING GEAR Walmart sells. Bad ass !

Bob

Ask Slumlord about his pro staff status for summit tree stands IIRC.

No bullschitt....

LOL!!!
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
I've two pairs of Rockys have the soles fall of after little too no wear.

Grumble, grumble, grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Jeebsus.....

I might have ta buy a case of shoeglue after all the feedback on Rocky boots on this thread.

They failing in really cold conditions like KG,s did???

Geuss they aint got the vulcanize schitt down very good?????
Catman boots

😂😂🤣

LOL!!!
Flexseal muddafoucka!!!
Flexseal muddafoucka!!!

You on their prostaff thing too???
😄😄😄

Renegade

Bob

No bullschitt....

LOL!!!

Damn right!!

Gatorade is not just for football. It’s for the Turtleman too.

yee yee!!!
Renegade

Bob

No bullschitt....

LOL!!!

Damn right!!

Gatorade is not just for football. It’s for the Turtleman too.

yee yee!!!

LOL!!!!
[quote.
I might have ta buy a case of shoeglue after all the feedback on Rocky boots on this thread.
[/quote]

Get some of that gorilla glue or whatever that woman put in her hair a few months back. Apparently that stuff holds.
Rene . . .

Shoe Glue ain't the solution the da777ed foam under the sole fails.
Remember the source and their goal is to get them shipped and sold to the US of A.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]screen shots

🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴
I know.....

LOL!!!

I don’t know man you might be beyond hope. You done showed us a big boat on the Cumberland earlier. That could have been your escape from Clarksville. Them Calvary guys I tell ya.

I’m not much of one to talk I was 13B. Pull string, BIG BOOM , ground shake, beat chest, jump around like cave man, take nap, wait for radio again so i can pull string some more and make big noise. Uncle Sam paid for me this [bleep] and sent me to exotic lands and everything!

Yeah

But do they have CICI peetzuh where you’re at?

laugh
Yeah

laugh

Well you go me on that one. But we do have decent BBQ’s every 50 feet around here and we had dovies hamburgers since 1940 until our stupid Governor screwed that up, now it’s for sell.
Dayum you guys run 800 g down there? My feet would sweat horribly in those even in late season weather up here. What’s the coldest you guys get ina typical year?

Nice score for the money tho.
I wore ‘church shoes’ to the stand even on cold days. Now my feet don’t get cold but my neck ears do.

😃

Ren usually wears blue jeans and maybe 2 shirts

Might have only had 2 or 3 mornings it was below 25 here. 😃

I think he got them boots just satisfy his hormonal, menopausal compulsive shopper itch. LOL

Originally Posted by efw
Dayum you guys run 800 g down there? My feet would sweat horribly in those even in late season weather up here. What’s the coldest you guys get ina typical year?

Nice score for the money tho.

No not really needed for the cold down here most of the time.
Some mornings late season might be high single digits or teens to start the day.
Not frequently.
I bought em cause the price was right.

Wear plow boots and good padded Dickies over the calf work socks most of the season.

Bust out the old Bellevilles mid dec to early jan when needed.

The old "B",s need retiring and these popped up for the replacement.
Yeah

laugh

LOL!!!

😁😁😁

🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴
I know.....

LOL!!!

I don’t know man you might be beyond hope. You done showed us a big boat on the Cumberland earlier. That could have been your escape from Clarksville. Them Calvary guys I tell ya.

I’m not much of one to talk I was 13B. Pull string, BIG BOOM , ground shake, beat chest, jump around like cave man, take nap, wait for radio again so i can pull string some more and make big noise. Uncle Sam paid for me this [bleep] and sent me to exotic lands and everything!

It was a good lifestyle....

FTA!!!!!

FUN
TRAVEL
ADVENTURE

LOL!!!
I wore ‘church shoes’ to the stand even on cold days. Now my feet don’t get cold but my neck ears do.

😃

I think he got them boots just satisfy his hormonal, menopausal compulsive shopper itch. LOL

Pleeease negro.....

Yous bundleds up like dat eskimo pies ice creams cat.

Dude got more layers of clothes on than Vidalia onion has layers.

LOL!!!😄😄😄😄

😃

Pleeease negro.....

LOL!!!😄😄😄😄

Kidney disease fugs with your body temp regulation. When I go to a deer stand I look like the Ralphie kid in the Christmas Story movie lol

[Linked Image from media.vanityfair.com]

😃

Pleeease negro.....

LOL!!!😄😄😄😄

Wicking layers

Technical wear
Originally Posted by auk1124

😃

Pleeease negro.....

LOL!!!😄😄😄😄

Kidney disease fugs with your body temp regulation. When I go to a deer stand I look like the Ralphie kid in the Christmas Story movie lol

[Linked Image from media.vanityfair.com]

LOL!!!
Funny
But I understand
See similar with slumlord also.

Be riding in a car with him and its 90 out and he has the heater on.
Holy fugg...

Think he is Vulcan and then Frosty the snowman temp sense wise at times.

The meds....

WTF????
I just watched this.🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴😄😄😄😄
Don’t be such a sweat hog all the time.

Sheesh

Somethin wrong with your thyroid

😂🤪
Slumlord on phone:
Dude is it warmed up enough to go out arrowhead hunting

Me:
Man their aint a cloud in the sky and it's like 85 right now and supposed ta get into the mid nineties today.

Slumlord: think I need to bring a jacket???

Me: SMH....

LOL!!!
I have electric jacket for that now. April can be brutal.
I have electric jacket for that now. April can be brutal.

Lol!!!
Oh hey

New wheeler can get me and you both to them mile deep back corners now

You can ride ‘bitch’ 😃

Take a cooler and sheeit. It’ll be dope

Oh hey

New wheeler can get me and you both to them mile deep back corners now

You can ride ‘bitch’ 😃

Take a cooler and sheeit. It’ll be dope

I was thinking of that the other day.
Might still wanna include the stealth panzer in daily decoy plan.
Park and break opposite from you or use both to cover se and sw corners.
Keeblers will be set up in their same old same ole anyways.
It's what they do....
Beside wound deer and chase em all over charging em up on adrenaline...

LOL!!!
Kinda....

😃

Them the hangee down neck ears, or just the floppies.

smile

😃

Pleeease negro.....

LOL!!!😄😄😄😄

LMAO.
© 24hourcampfire