Home
Posted By: thumbcocker red wing super sole - 06/07/21
Do any of you guys wear red wing boots with the super sole to work on concrete? I just started a job in a warehouse and my feet are killing me. Lower legs too. I have a like new pair of red wing 202's with the super sole. Are they any good on concrete?
Posted By: Cheesy Re: red wing super sole - 06/08/21
In typical campfire fashion….I love my wedge sole Thorogoods.
Posted By: Hammer2506 Re: red wing super sole - 06/08/21
Everyone’s feet are different, red wings kill my feet on concrete I have to rely on my wolverine durashocks to keep me going all day.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: red wing super sole - 06/08/21
Never owned a pair, but a podiatrist recommended those wolverines when I had trouble with plantar fasciitis. I wear meindl comfort fit hikers right now and no foot pain.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: red wing super sole - 06/08/21
I use Stihl and Husky both. Gas is pushing $4 here.
Posted By: Bclark Re: red wing super sole - 06/08/21
Red Wings are great boots but they take the longest to break in I believe. Others guys at work swear by Carolinas?
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: red wing super sole - 06/08/21
No idea.
I wear their best selling King Toe 5 or 6 in boots.
The toe is key for my weird wide toes. As far as working on
concrete, I use the fancy computer fit insoles. After 6-8 months of
pounding, my gravity breaks them down and me feet start to hurt.
Posted By: funshooter Re: red wing super sole - 06/08/21
I have been wearing Red Wing boots for over 30 years now and I have not had any problems with a Break in period
Mine have been steel toed and the latest aluminum toe.
I guess every ones feet are different as has been said in other posts.
Posted By: Dan700mn Re: red wing super sole - 06/08/21
When I was machining I wore red wings only.
Never had an issue with my feet hurting.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: red wing super sole - 06/08/21
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I use Stihl and Husky both. Gas is pushing $4 here.

Impossible! It’s either or, not all of the above…,
Posted By: add Re: red wing super sole - 06/08/21
Soak those Redwings in SeaFoam overnight.

Both are high quality MN companies...
Posted By: High_Noon Re: red wing super sole - 06/08/21
The Red Wing SuperSole would be a good choice for concrete. It's a soft, squishy sole. The main issue I have with the SuperSole is that they do not last very long at all and they crack and break up into pieces. Don't expect to get more that a couple of years out of them before needing a resole.

When the last two pair of Red Wings I have with the SuperSoles wore out, I had Red Wing resole them with Vibram soles. I like the Vibram much better.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: red wing super sole - 06/08/21
Originally Posted by Cheesy

+1

For me, redwings last. But take awhile to break in. And so so for comfort.

Thorogoods are comfy outta the box.
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: red wing super sole - 06/08/21
Thanks for the advice
Posted By: czech1022 Re: red wing super sole - 06/08/21
You can go to a good shoe store and get really good inserts that will do a lot for your feet regardless of shoe brand. FORGET cheap Dr Scholl's brand!

I went to Scheels and when the first pair I tried didn't work out - they were too soft and felt like walking on a bag of marshmallows - they took them back and gave me a different pair to try with no hassle at all.

All I can say is don't be afraid of a medium-stiff insole. You need a really good arch support to be comfortable when you are on your feet all day long.

P. S. Once you've found the right one for your feet, you can buy replacements online at Amazon for a lot less.
Posted By: ribka Re: red wing super sole - 06/08/21
good boots and use green superfeet inserts
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: red wing super sole - 06/15/21
I just bought a pair of timberland pro titans. Very little selection out there. I have them on now. Will see how they do in the coming days
Posted By: Barney_Fife Re: red wing super sole - 06/15/21
I wore Redwings for over 20 years and made the switch a few years ago to Irish Setter.

Less break in time and more comfortable sole.

Irish Setter - Marshall 9" lace up

As long as they make these I'll not ever go back to Redwings (even though Irish Setter is a division of Redwing).

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: red wing super sole - 06/15/21
Doc Martens were originally aimed at British factory workers with the exact same problem; hard concrete floors.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: red wing super sole - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by Cheesy

The same here. They are low quarter style shoes but they are the most comfortable shoe I own.

kwg
Posted By: jackmountain Re: red wing super sole - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Doc Martens were originally aimed at British factory workers with the exact same problem; hard concrete floors.

Wore out a few pairs when I was a teenager. 8 hole ox bloods.
Comfortable boot.
Posted By: ihookem Re: red wing super sole - 06/16/21
I have been wearing Redwing 606's for 21 yrs. now. I dont know if they are the super soles but they do crack after about 1 1/2 yrs and by the time they are 2 yrs old they are done. Likely the reason for too long of a break in is cause they are a tight fitting boot . Therefore I go a little wider. I think I will try Thorogood next time. I dont think the 606 is all that comfortable , mostly cause I do go a bit wider, but then the outside of my boot stretches and hangs over the outside of my sole a little and it is uncomfortable cause the side of my foot is not on the cushion. That makes for some sore feet. and a boot that will wear out faster . Not good.

However , they are a very tough boot and made in USA. Sadly though, in Minnesota .
© 24hourcampfire