Home
Posted By: hatari M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
On sale right now. Italian surplus, went there striaght from European Theater.

Almost all sold out this morning.

Buy right now if you want one.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
Didn’t you hear? Larry is a douche for offering these to the public.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
Almost sold out!
Posted By: JoeBob Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
I meant to and I forgot. Damn. Well, I think I’m going to console myself by buying a Pedersoli Hunter Light 86/71.
$1,800.00? No thanks.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
$1,800.00? No thanks.

No kidding. He can keep 'em.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
How will I ever survive without an overpriced gun with very limited usefulness?
Posted By: EdM Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Almost sold out!

Yep. They must have been priced right.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Almost sold out!

Yep. They must have been priced right.

Yessir, supply and demand theory tend to confuse many here.....
Posted By: RIO7 Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21

Bought one from a ranch hand, about a month ago, that looks and shoots great for what it is, 3, 15 rnd mags , correct sling an 2 mag ammo pouch on the stock, $300 bucks with 2-- 50 rnd boxes of ball ammo, maybe I hit the JACKPOT !! Rio7
Posted By: Magnumdood Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
The only reason I would buy an M1 Carbine is if I lucked into one of the rare variants, in at least good shape, and the owner was asking a reasonable price. A piece of firearm history is an attractive lure for me, but only at a reasonable price; so it's very unlikely I will ever own any more pieces of firearm history than I already own. The M1 Carbine is a very good example of the notion that having a gun, any gun, when you need one is better than not having a gun when you need one.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
Link?
Posted By: BobBrown Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
Originally Posted by RIO7

Bought one from a ranch hand, about a month ago, that looks and shoots great for what it is, 3, 15 rnd mags , correct sling an 2 mag ammo pouch on the stock, $300 bucks with 2-- 50 rnd boxes of ball ammo, maybe I hit the JACKPOT !! Rio7

Sounds high for rough condition
Posted By: hatari Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
There are collectors that are on the look out to get one from every manufacturer. Tought o find them in unaltered condition. Nice ones are pricey on the open market as it is. Rock-O-La made less than 300,000 whereas Winchester made over a million. There are several Saginaw variants. The fact that Clinton stopped the import of surplus carbines from Korea 30 years ago has caused the current market.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
I'm still holding out for an AR15 with Basspro points.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
I miss mine...but at 1800....oh well
Posted By: MOGC Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
I wouldn't choose an M1 Carbine over a modern M4 variant of the AR15 for defensive purposes given a choice. With that said, loaded with some softpoint ammo and within reasonable self defense ranges and scenarios around the farmhouse I wouldn't feel too bad about the gun in hand.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Try and keep your chin up ole chap.
Posted By: scrooster Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Didn’t you hear? Larry is a douche for offering these to the public.

He has nothing to do with it and all of them are ridiculously over-priced imho.

Although, I guess I am now M1 Carbine rich.

Those prices are ridiculous.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
I've never been much for collecting....I'm just an accumulator. I had an M-1 carbine back in the '60's for a while, don't know what make. It went down the road to finance my first "real varmint rifle" a 788 .222. No regrets. I do have an Auto Ordnance M-1 carbine I bought new, probably 20 years ago, give or take. I paid the extra for a walnut stock. I like the carbine as a walking-around/range-toy/plinker. Good for Larry, rounding up and bringing home a bunch of carbines for those who want them. And yes, if they're sold out, he must have priced them right. Hard lesson for some of us, that the price is predicated on what someone is willing to pay, rather than what someone else thinks the item "should" sell for.
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Link?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022746132?pid=274763
Posted By: cra1948 Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
Originally Posted by local_dirt
$1,800.00? No thanks.

It doesn't look like he'll have to keep them. It looks like all he's got left are a few Inlands for $1149. The $1800 number thrown out above must be a typo, Midway shows prices from $1149 to $1399.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
Universals are far cheaper
Originally Posted by cra1948
$1,800.00? No thanks.

It doesn't look like he'll have to keep them. It looks like all he's got left are a few Inlands for $1149. The $1800 number thrown out above must be a typo, Midway shows prices from $1149 to $1399.

When I did a search at MidwayUSA for an M1 Carbine, the price was $1,800.00. Maybe that was a primo one they had for sale.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/08/21
I can remember when they were $150.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/09/21
cmp was selling those italian m1's a few years ago for if i remember right about 600-700 dollars. i got a couple of themand they were primo.
refered to as "f.a.t." carbines.
I am kind of a whore on many things, cheapest i have paid for a carbine was about 175bucks.
of the returns, the german ones i think are about the best, with the exception of the two italian i got that looked brand new.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/09/21
I bought a couple back when they were $180. Inland and Underwood. They're all right. Much better choices unless they're down around that price. I'd have jumped on that $300 one with accessories like a bo hawg on a sow.
Posted By: EdM Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/09/21
My two eldest sons killed their first deer with a Winchester 30 Carbine at age 8 and 9. Remington Soft Points IIRC, They are 30 and 31 now.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/09/21
$1,800.00? No thanks.

There's a sucker on every corner.

I've already got a pristine 1944 Inland.
Don't need a rip-off from Larry.
Bought 16-18 yrs ago.
With two stocks, paratrooper (with jump bag) and full wood stock.
And plenty of ammo.

Yeah. That $1800 number must have been a typo. It was actually $1899 and $1999.
Posted By: Paul_C Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21
Congrats to you.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21
Might buy a Garand for $1,800.00, but not an M1 carbine. I wouldn't pay half that for a Carbine.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Try and keep your chin up ole chap.

Hahaha. Tff. Yiu and Col Travis.
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21
Originally Posted by hatari
The fact that Clinton stopped the import of surplus carbines from Korea 30 years ago has caused the current market.

I wonder if they're still over there.
Posted By: CCCC Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21
Probably got ripped off way back then - got mine through CMP.
Posted By: Rossimp Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21
Certainly understand the collecting and nostalgia of the firearm, but it is simply an inferior chambering for a combat weapon. By today’s standards for a useful shooter in a comparative firearm, the Ruger Mini 14 eats its lunch whether in 7.62x39, 300 Blackout or 5.56. The Mini 14 is a tank (Garand/M14 variant) in terms of durability and shoots 100 yard groups at 2.25” without any real adjustment, plenty good for any combat use as well as having up to 30 round clips. Would be less expensive to own and shoot if shooting is your desire, possibly not for the 30 M1 Carbine collector. Just my opinion on WWII variants.
Posted By: slumlord Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21
Originally Posted by Whelenman

And they didn’t charge extra for the duct tape kit
Originally Posted by slumlord

If I recall correctly, Dad said he payed around $15 for the one he got though the NRA in the early 60’s.
It’s a 1945 Inland Model. Looks brand new and U.N.-issued.
Posted By: slumlord Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21
I bought a new ‘46 Ford when I started at Johns Manville for $1.260
Posted By: BobBrown Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

If I recall correctly, Dad said he payed around $15 for the one he got though the NRA in the early 60’s.

I’ll give you %1000 of that purchase price for it.

It’s NOT For Sale.

It’s NOT For Sale.

Joking. Already have a picture of one.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21
In 1968 in a Walmart in Little Rock, Arkansas they were $99.99. Back when Walmart only carried USA made products.
Posted By: blanket Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21
If you want one pay the man
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21
I don't know why we beat the crap out of each other over gun prices. If a fellow wants one of these carbines, or anything else, and spends his money on it, so what. It's like saying you want a new truck, and a bunch of clowns start pontificating "I bought my truck back when you could get a great truck cheap. I didn't pay but $2600 for my 1973 Chevy Step Side, and it's got a v8 and 4x4"
That observation aside, I have three carbines, and a truck load of ammo, both ball and SP. My Quality Hardware carbine with a red dot makes a great travel rifle. I didn't pay anything for it, as it was a gift from my brother in law. smile
Originally Posted by Rossimp
Certainly understand the collecting and nostalgia of the firearm, but it is simply an inferior chambering for a combat weapon. By today’s standards for a useful shooter in a comparative firearm, the Ruger Mini 14 eats its lunch whether in 7.62x39, 300 Blackout or 5.56. The Mini 14 is a tank (Garand/M14 variant) in terms of durability and shoots 100 yard groups at 2.25” without any real adjustment, plenty good for any combat use as well as having up to 30 round clips. Would be less expensive to own and shoot if shooting is your desire, possibly not for the 30 M1 Carbine collector. Just my opinion on WWII variants.

2 & 1/4" groups at 100 yards with a Mini-14 out of the box? Wow! One in a million gun right there. Every one that I've seen my friends shoot did shotgun patterns at 100 yds. 4" at 50 yards. Inaccurate but reliable.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I don't know why we beat the crap out of each other over gun prices. If a fellow wants one of these carbines, or anything else, and spends his money on it, so what. It's like saying you want a new truck, and a bunch of clowns start pontificating "I bought my truck back when you could get a great truck cheap. I didn't pay but $2600 for my 1973 Chevy Step Side, and it's got a v8 and 4x4"
That observation aside, I have three carbines, and a truck load of ammo, both ball and SP. My Quality Hardware carbine with a red dot makes a great travel rifle. I didn't pay anything for it, as it was a gift from my brother in law. smile

Great price. smile

(And travel gun).
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21
Originally Posted by tjm10025
The fact that Clinton stopped the import of surplus carbines from Korea 30 years ago has caused the current market.

I wonder if they're still over there.

yes

i think it was a way for the army to get rid of them, declaring them obsolete or worn out.
few years ago i came across a postal meter, completely postal as to parts, copy of the cashiers check to buy it,
shipping order to buyer, and about 500rounds of lake city ammo. the gun was basically brand new.
Posted By: CCCC Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21
I don't know why we beat the crap out of each other over gun prices. If a fellow wants one of these carbines, or anything else, and spends his money on it, so what. It's like saying you want a new truck, and a bunch of clowns start pontificating "I bought my truck back when you could get a great truck cheap. I didn't pay but $2600 for my 1973 Chevy Step Side, and it's got a v8 and 4x4" That observation aside, I have three carbines, and a truck load of ammo, both ball and SP. My Quality Hardware carbine with a red dot makes a great travel rifle. I didn't pay anything for it, as it was a gift from my brother in law. smile
Should have bought a 1972 - better value.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21

That's what old farts do, Sam.
Posted By: john843 Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21
The different manufacturers rifles were priced based on their desirability to collectors in descending order. From Rock-Ola and Irwin-Pedersen down to inlands and Winchesters. The National Postal Meter, IBM, and Saginaws and such fell in between. The cheapest price for any of them total was about $1140 for a somewhat rough shooter to change under 2 grand for a "Fine" graded anything. All the fine graded went in a couple of hours (after Midway's computer glitched hard) but then again, there probably isn't ONE of them they're selling that you couldn't buy and turn around and put it on Gunbroker or International marked up 2 or 3 hundred bucks and sell them quick.
Hell, a USGI carbine barreled receiver in decent shape will run you almost a grand now.

John
There are collectors that are on the look out to get one from every manufacturer. Tought o find them in unaltered condition. Nice ones are pricey on the open market as it is. Rock-O-La made less than 300,000 whereas Winchester made over a million. There are several Saginaw variants. The fact that Clinton stopped the import of surplus carbines from Korea 30 years ago has caused the current market.

there were carbines as well as garands lendleased to various foreign governments those when they come back are in the hands of the cmp.
then there are those that are outright purchased by foreign governments. those have been purchased for resale by big importers.
in the last 20 years guns have come in from germany, italy, the phillipines, south america and others.
I personally tore apart about 100 carbines that came back from israel with star of david stickers inside them.
there were estimates of about 187000 garands, carbines and 1911's in the deal with south korea. it after a long term was finally approved by everybody, then the deal was squashed by hillary when secretary of state.
Posted By: g5m Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21

Yes, through the DCM, Director of Civilian Marksmanship, IIRC. 1903's were $20 and maybe $30 for the select models and 1911's were $17. Garands were much higher, maybe $84 but I believe those had ben accurized for competition. Those numbers are as I remember them from about 1960.
Posted By: Paul_C Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21
So I'm one of the suckers. Mine came in yesterday. $1349 for a Winchester s/n 1163xxx which makes it mid-43 production. My gunsmith who knows helluva lot more than me took it apart and cleaned all the cosmoline out. Says receiver, barrel, stock etc all are original. Trigger guard appears to have been replaced as it's the late-war stamped version. Also has the later version rear sight, not the flip up L sight. Wood is nice...worn but no stamps or markings on it other than "95" stamped on the base of the piston grip. Like a lot of you guys I had 2 that I bought 10-15 years ago. One now lives with my Dad, it's a nice Inland that I paid 1/2 of what I paid for this, and the other was another decent Inland that I sold to fund some project I can't recall. Sure I paid more than I wish I had to, but in 15 years I get to mock all the new generation of suckers that will be paying 2x-3x these prices for a piece of history.

I hope Larry made a nice return on the time and money he committed to bringing these back from Italy.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21

Same here. Mine cost $19.95. You didn't get a choice but mine was a Winchester, looked to be unfired.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/11/21
Hard to believe that there were more M1 carbines issued in WWII than any other type of small arm.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Same here. Mine cost $19.95. You didn't get a choice but mine was a Winchester, looked to be unfired.

Mine was $19.75
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/12/21
Hard to believe that there were more M1 carbines issued in WWII than any other type of small arm.

The ballistics are pretty anemic. Were they worth a hoot in battle?

P
Posted By: stevelyn Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/12/21
I'll pass and leave them for the collectors.
Posted By: hatari Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/12/21
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

Better in hand than a 1911 or so it goes.

Issued to beaucoup alt.s and Capt in combat

P

Better in hand than a 1911 or so it goes.

Issued to beaucoup alt.s and Capt in combat

Better than a 1911 ain’t saying much, combat-wise.

P
Posted By: Paul_C Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/12/21

P

30 carbine at 100 yards hits like a 357 mag at the muzzle.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/12/21
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It will work on pigs. Rio7
Posted By: scrooster Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/12/21

Bought 16-18 yrs ago.
And plenty of ammo.

So it came with the folding stock and D bag? Or was that aftermarket that the original owner threw-in?

I've been looking for one for forty years. I've run across a lot of the aftermarket Paratrooper stocks, no original D bags. Most of those were dry rotted by the 80s.

I own a really nice Inland 44 mfg that my uncle carried in WWII and brought home ... but my holy grail has always been a paratrooper. Buddy of mine in Atlanta scored one a few years ago that he says he is going to sell me one day but he'll probably outlive me so his doesn't count.

This one is mine.

Originally Posted by Paul_C

P

30 carbine at 100 yards hits like a 357 mag at the muzzle.

Research indicates otherwise. Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m just going off what I read.

Standard load was 110 grain fmj at 1990 fps.

‘The .30 carbine cartridge is essentially a rimless version of the then-obsolete .32 Winchester Self-Loading cartridge introduced for the Winchester Model 1905 rifle.[17] The propellant was much newer, though, taking advantage of chemistry advances. As a result, the .30 carbine cartridge is approximately 27% more powerful than its parent cartridge. A standard .30 carbine ball bullet weighs 110 grains (7.1 g), a complete loaded round weighs 195 grains (12.6 g) and has a muzzle velocity of 1,990 ft/s (610 m/s) giving it 967 ft·lbf (1,311 joules) of energy, when fired from the M1 carbine's 18-inch barrel.“

A 357 mag fires a 125 grain bullet at 2200 fps.

P
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/12/21
Willing to bet if’n you got shot in one leg with a .30 M1 and the other with a .357 you’d not know which was what after you took the blindfold off.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/12/21
A little weak for 300 yards.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

Effective range was quoted as 200 yards.
Posted By: hatari Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/12/21
There is a reason it was abandoned. While good in hot humid climates, it was prone to jamming in cold. Korea exposed that. Special lube was developed to keep it working in sub zero conditions. It was fine in the Pacific. It was a good choice for the ARVN because the low recoil was easier on the slightly build ARVN troops than the Garand or M14. Marvin didn't get many M16s until we were pulling out.

The M2 variant was an ammo hog with a high cyclic rate of fire.

Magazines are the key to proper feeding and function. I'll go through the various 15 and 0 round mags and mark the ones that function flawlessly. The others I will bend the lips to help improve the feeding, and that often works with a little tweaking. Bad ones I mark and set aside.

As for stopping power, there are many stories from Korea of the quilted cold weather clothes that the NORKS and ChiComs wore preventing penetration of the M1 round. The Garand sent them to meditate with Buddha.
Posted By: deflave Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/12/21

P

Jim Cirillo was pretty fond of them.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/12/21

Dat's cool. I can see about 50 yds max in my neighborhood.

Effective range was quoted as 200 yards.

Well then, that’s settled.

LOL
Posted By: sackett Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/12/21
$1,800.00? No thanks.

Bought 16-18 yrs ago.
And plenty of ammo.

How is being a current buyer a sucker?

Because you bought 18 years ago? What is that person was 5 years old 18 years ago? How is he to buy one beside GB and GA? Not to mention have you seen the prices for M1 carbines lately?

Would you care to sell me you carbine for the price I bought mine, 4-5 years ago for?
Posted By: BobBrown Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/12/21
Originally Posted by sackett
$1,800.00? No thanks.

Bought 16-18 yrs ago.
And plenty of ammo.

Because you bought 18 years ago? What is that person was 5 years old 18 years ago? How is he to buy one beside GB and GA? Not to mention have you seen the prices for M1 carbines lately?

Would you care to sell me you carbine for the price I bought mine, 4-5 years ago for?

Dumb dirt
Posted By: BobBrown Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/12/21
Tank crews had them . A tool for every job
Posted By: dale06 Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/12/21
Saw some M1 carbines at a gun show this morn, $2500-3500. Don’t recall the manufacturer.
Originally Posted by dale06
Saw some M1 carbines at a gun show this morn, $2500-3500. Don’t recall the manufacturer.

Strong work.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/12/21
Originally Posted by deflave

P

Jim Cirillo was pretty fond of them.

What did he know? All he ever did with them was shoot guys. I don't think he was even a member here.
Posted By: sackett Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/12/21
$1,800.00? No thanks.

Bought 16-18 yrs ago.
And plenty of ammo.

Dumb dirt

That is a real intelligent answer from a troll like you. Keep it up bobbie as I guess the truth hurts you too.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/13/21
$1,800.00? No thanks.

Bought 16-18 yrs ago.
And plenty of ammo.

I've seen all kinds of prices. Good and bad. You need to do your diligence. I do.

And no. Mine's not for sale. I've been offered $2500 for the gun from a close personal friend and I turned it down. That did not include the paratrooper jump bag and stock.

It was originally a gift to my Pop, who gave it back to me when he knew his time was getting short. It was the closest thing I could get to the cut down stocked M2 he carried in the Sherman with him across Europe.
Tank crews had them . A tool for every job

Truth.
Originally Posted by Paul_C
So I'm one of the suckers. Mine came in yesterday. $1349 for a Winchester s/n 1163xxx which makes it mid-43 production. My gunsmith who knows helluva lot more than me took it apart and cleaned all the cosmoline out. Says receiver, barrel, stock etc all are original. Trigger guard appears to have been replaced as it's the late-war stamped version. Also has the later version rear sight, not the flip up L sight. Wood is nice...worn but no stamps or markings on it other than "95" stamped on the base of the piston grip. Like a lot of you guys I had 2 that I bought 10-15 years ago. One now lives with my Dad, it's a nice Inland that I paid 1/2 of what I paid for this, and the other was another decent Inland that I sold to fund some project I can't recall. Sure I paid more than I wish I had to, but in 15 years I get to mock all the new generation of suckers that will be paying 2x-3x these prices for a piece of history.

I hope Larry made a nice return on the time and money he committed to bringing these back from Italy.

Congrats. Hope you enjoy it for many years to vome.
Originally Posted by SCRooster

Bought 16-18 yrs ago.
And plenty of ammo.

So it came with the folding stock and D bag? Or was that aftermarket that the original owner threw-in?

I've been looking for one for forty years. I've run across a lot of the aftermarket Paratrooper stocks, no original D bags. Most of those were dry rotted by the 80s.

I own a really nice Inland 44 mfg that my uncle carried in WWII and brought home ... but my holy grail has always been a paratrooper. Buddy of mine in Atlanta scored one a few years ago that he says he is going to sell me one day but he'll probably outlive me so his doesn't count.

This one is mine.

Nice looking gun.

To answer your question. I bought it as a package, the gun, both stocks and the jump bag. IIRC, There was some 110 FMJ included in the deal. This was a good thing because I wanted to get my Dad out shooting it right away. His health was starting to degrade and he wasn't doing near as much fun stuff outdoors anymore.

I had been looking for one for a while and this package came up. So I jumped on it. I actually bought it off GunBroker, I think.
Posted By: scrooster Re: M1 Carbines at Midway - 06/13/21
Yeah I hear you on the Dad thing .... mine is in his late 80s and I though the M1 Carbine was going to be perfect for him ... he hated it. Made me get him a Mini 14.

My wife sure loves the M1 Carbine though.

Reads like you got a real steal for yours.
© 24hourcampfire