Home
Posted By: dale06 NRA board of directors vote - 06/09/21

Just received my monthly magazine from the NRA, with ballot for board of directors.
Is it worth my time to vote, or should I just trash it?
I don't care about an organization that doesn't care about me. Fire the current board, and CEO, and then we can talk. Until then, I have zero interest in the NRA
GOA is where it's at!
Threw mine in the trash. I don't believe its possible to fix the NRA without just stopping the flow of money.

The situation sucks as we really could use a strong NRA now.

Sending my money to GOA and SAF.
Posted By: dale06 Re: NRA board of directors vote - 06/09/21
Thanks
Was thinking that I would run mine through our shredder.
Posted By: jnyork Re: NRA board of directors vote - 06/09/21
I am going to vote for every candidate that is not already a member of the BOD, then write in "LAPIERRE OUT"
Only vote for the "outsider" candidates or petition candidates. The groupthink needs to end, and Wayne needs to wane. WE members want OUR power focused where it belongs, on protecting OUR rights, not Wayne's wardrobe.
Originally Posted by jnyork
I am going to vote for every candidate that is not already a member of the BOD, then write in "LAPIERRE OUT"

This.
Good idea.
My magazine is right here on the table by my recliner.
If you toss it you loose a small chance to send the message
The last time I received my monthly magazine from the NRA (which was 2-3 years ago, despite being a Life Member for around 30 years) I wrote in "Tom Gresham" as my only vote for the board. Anybody who knows who Tom is, and his attitude toward WLP, knows what I meant.

That's about when my monthly "lifetime" magazine stopped showing up.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
The last time I received my monthly magazine from the NRA (which was 2-3 years ago, despite being a Life Member for around 30 years) I wrote in "Tom Gresham" as my only vote for the board. Anybody who knows who Tom is, and his attitude toward WLP, knows what I meant.

I knew Grits and that apple fell right next to the tree.
Funny, but I haven't seen my American Rifleman in a while either. I guess I can expect to NOT see the one with a ballot in it either.

Whatever.

FUCK the BoD and their stranglehold on the organization.
John, I don't think you've missed much.
Old Toot,

Yep, I was privileged to know Grits very well too!
Like voting matters to them.

Their minons count em.........
Posted By: g5m Re: NRA board of directors vote - 06/10/21
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

So, write in Tom Gresham, and maybe Oliver North??
Originally Posted by dale06

Just received my monthly magazine from the NRA, with ballot for board of directors.
Is it worth my time to vote, or should I just trash it?
For the first time in a couple of decades, I TOSSED mine in the trash... Until and unless WLP is gone, my support will be gone as well..
Last time, I wrote "None of the Above" and mailed it.
Everything I get from the NRA, I write "Get rid of Wayne or no more $." on it and mail it back to them.
All the folks on the Board are awaiting their turn thru the chairs
They will not want to upset the system.
They all gotta go
My magazine and ballot arrived yesterday with 28 candidates listed. Serious questions for anyone that knows. Are there any listed candidates that will oppose Wayne Lapierre and openly question his malfeasance? The nominating committee put up 30 names not all of which are on the ballot. What gives with that? Will a write in vote even be counted?
Originally Posted by Hastings
My magazine and ballot arrived yesterday with 28 candidates listed. Serious questions for anyone that knows. Are there any listed candidates that will oppose Wayne Lapierre and openly question his malfeasance? The nominating committee put up 30 names not all of which are on the ballot. What gives with that? Will a write in vote even be counted?

I see the whole charade as an opportunity to protest in writing.

For whatever that’s worth and probably very little.
I think we should put together a thread here to come up with a list of write-in names. About the only way this will be turned around is to get together an online community of reform-minded members. In this day and age, it can be done. The NRA itself is, fundamentally, too great a resource for us to just turn our backs on. We can get rid of WLP and the rest of the scumsuckers who are dragging down the NRA, but we con't accomplish it by pissing and moaning and tossing the AR in the garbage, waiting for a miracle.
If there were even 2 or 3 board members who were dissident and outspoken it could attract others who might be secretly dissident. I'm thinking Tom Gresham, Jeff Knox, and Phillip Journey have already been outspoken if they are NRA members. The write in votes will be discarded for the least issue such as having the name slightly misspelled or the city and state of principal residence not to the vote counters liking. I know it is just a dream but we could deal a little misery. The NRA ruling council is as firmly entrenched as Castro in Cuba ever was.
Originally Posted by Hastings
If there were even 2 or 3 board members who were dissident and outspoken it could attract others who might be secretly dissident. I'm thinking Tom Gresham, Jeff Knox, and Phillip Journey have already been outspoken if they are NRA members. The write in votes will be discarded for the least issue such as having the name slightly misspelled or the city and state of principal residence not to the vote counters liking. I know it is just a dream but we could deal a little misery. The NRA ruling council is as firmly entrenched as Castro in Cuba ever was.

The NRA council,,,,,,and WLP,,,,,I’m pulling for the New York DA.

That’s a helluva thing to say, I know.
© 24hourcampfire