Home
Doc's just found a large mass in my Dad's colon in the ER. They are admitting him.

Prayers would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Rooster Jim
Done.
Sorry man. Positive energy and prayer from St. Cloud.
Gall dang it Jim!

You guys been through the ringer!

Good luck to him!
Sure hope they get that cleared up!

Prayers!
Im sure sorry! To reflect the other posts, I pray for the best and this gets cleared up.
Prayers sent.
Prayers coming from NC for your Dad and all your family.
Absolutely!

Prayers for a complete healing
Prayer sent for God to see your dad through this.
Prayers sent.
Prayers sent.
Of course you, and your father have my Prayers.
Done here.
Done "big Jelly" !!
sent.
may it be benign.
Dam, hoping for the best!
I will pray right now as well as pass this along to you for him.

https://vitalitycapsules.com

The report covers a non inflammatory diet.
It also talks about how to go more than once per day.
This helps get rid of the toxins that can lead to various growths.
Dr. Daniels used to charge a lot for the information.
It's free to you and your Dad. It just requires an email to verify for the small download of the report. She recommended that you read it at least twice. Most are prone to mistakes if read only once.
Email her if you have any questions.
She may answer it on her weekend class that she will send a link to. Your name will not be mentioned.

Happy Camper
Sent a couple your way.

🦫
Prayers sent
Sorry to hear that! Prayers for him!

I can relate to that. I had colon cancer. They did surgery, got it all and 12 years later I am still cancer free.

I will pray that they found it early and any treatment will be successful.
Thanks everyone. Very much appreciated.

If it's not one thing it's another, I guess...
Done.
Prayers for your whole family
Prayers sent for Dad!
Prayers sent.

🙏🙏🙏
Geez. Sorry to hear. Best of luck to your Dad.
Prayed for him to be healed.
Prayers for healing.
Prayers sent!
Rooster7,

Prayers on the way.
Keep us posted.
Prayers from Maine, Rooster.
You got them
Prayed for the best possible outcome. Hang in there!
Prayers sent for your Dad as well as the rest of the family.
Damn Jim, prayers sent.
Dang
Prayers for your dad !🙏
Done. & here's hoping that the recovery goes well.
Prayers sent
Prayers sent for your Dad, and all others who have to deal with the effects of this scourge - family, friends, et al.
May our Lord watch over all of you.
Best of luck,hoping they got it early and he can heal quickly.
Prayers for his complete recovery.
done
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Keep us posted.

I called his room last night. He was pretty out of it.They went in just up to the mass to do a biopsy. Depending on the results of that, they will go down his through his stomach to do one from the the other side.

The hospital still has the stupid Covid restrictions in place. Visiting hours end at 6:00 pm and only 2 visitors allowed per day and you can't switch off. 2. That's it. They just bumped that up from 1.
Prayers sent.
Got up to the hospital yesterday and they discharged him as soon as Mom and I walked in.

It's cancer. 15cm mass on the colon.

They will call Monday and give us the details of the pre-surgery requirements and the surgery date. I sure hope they schedule it after Fathers Day. My wife and I just bought her parents lake cabin and we have plans to have a huge Fathers Day celebration out there next Saturday.

I want my Dad there...
Is that a big tumor?
Praying for your father, you and the rest of the family.
Dad made it through surgery Ok. His tumor was the size of a softball and grew into his small intestine so they had to remove part of that too. Now they will send the mass and the lymph nodes into pathology to see if it has spread. He felt his liver and didn't feel any masses or anything there so that's good. We certainly appreciate all the prayers and well wishes.
Certainly. Prayer that it's benign.
Thank you. The surgeon is 99% positive it is malignant. Now we pray it hasn’t spread.
Prayers sent.
Prayers
Words have power, I'm saying he will be fine.
Continued prayers for you all.
I can't find it now, Billy Graham says Prayer is the most powerful force in the universe.
Prayers from here, again.
And, yes wabi, Billy is right.
That seems like a nice, quick turnaround!

Good deal!
Prayers sent. Hope all goes well
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Good deal!

The quick turnaround on the surgery was because when they did the biopsy on Friday night, they perforated his colon which caused intense pain and fever. They had to operate ASAP in order to stop sepsis infection. Unfortunately, due to this he has to have the bag. He was disappointed about that but he said he doesn't care what they have to do as long as they get rid of that pain.

If you know my Dad, you would know that when he says something hurts, he's in A LOT of pain. The surgeon told us he's been a sick, sick man for a long time. Stubborn fart had to make sure Mom was ok with her health issues before thinking of himself, ya know...
My family wants to thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. It means more than you'll ever know.
More prayers sent.

🦫
Prayers for you're Father and family Rooster7.
Quick update before I leave work and head up to the hospital.

LONG story short:

Good news is, the cancer was contained to the colon and did not spread to the small bowel. 29 lymph node's that were checked came back clean.

Bad news is, he has two types of bacteria in his blood from the colon leak. One in which they have identified and other they could not. They sent it to Mayo clinic to get a positive ID so they would know how to treat it.

I just got word this morning that Mayo can't ID it either.

I'm heading up there now to see if I can talk to his infectious disease doctor and find out how potentially serious this is.

I need to get him out of that hospital ASAP. He's is going stir crazy and is getting depressed and anxious. They put him in a chair at 6:30 am and he sits there all day. The chair has alarms on it so he can't try to get up by himself, so every time he even tries to adjust his sitting position they go off.

We have been trying to get him into a TCF with no luck so far. I'm hoping to MAKE that happen today.
Wishing you a great outcome with getting him admitted, and the issues resolved.
Let's hope he comes through.
So sorry to hear this.
Praying for good health.
Prayers sent.Get him out of the hospital as fast as possible.My wife almost died from different diseases caught in the hospital after cancer surgery and chemo.
Prayers sent.
more prayers coming
Dad is coming home today!

Thank you all!
Thats good news. That generation and the generations before seem to have a high tolerance of pain.
Lucky they caught the sepsis in time

Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Good deal!

The quick turnaround on the surgery was because when they did the biopsy on Friday night, they perforated his colon which caused intense pain and fever. They had to operate ASAP in order to stop sepsis infection. Unfortunately, due to this he has to have the bag. He was disappointed about that but he said he doesn't care what they have to do as long as they get rid of that pain.

If you know my Dad, you would know that when he says something hurts, he's in A LOT of pain. The surgeon told us he's been a sick, sick man for a long time. Stubborn fart had to make sure Mom was ok with her health issues before thinking of himself, ya know...
Thanks ribka. Yeah, it could have been much, much worse.
Praise God.
Thats good.
Sounds like good news
Prayers sent from Idaho for Dad's surgery.
Prayers of thanks sent - along with prayers for many more good years.
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Thanks ribka. Yeah, it could have been much, much worse.

Hopefully recover so you can some fishing and hunting with him soon
Prayers for his full recovery, Rooster.
Prayers sent. I hope your dad gets well
© 24hourcampfire