Home
Posted By: Fireball2 root canal @ 8:50 am Monday - 06/14/21
I better get some opioids that's all I can say.
Old enough to remember vibrations from drills, the smell of smoke, and pain. Now one is hardly aware of the work being conducted. Nearly fell asleep in the chair last time I was in.
Don't worry bout it.
Send me some .
Pfft. Root canal?
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Send me some .

You betcha. Damn tooth been buggin me for months and covid schit couldn't get in quick.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Pussy.
Originally Posted by mathman

Pussy.

You betcha. I ask for opioids any time I get anything done, which is about once ever 5 years.
Seriously though, are you that worried about pain?
They're not nearly as bad as reported. You don't really need opioids.

You must have great teeth if you’re worried about a root canal, congrats.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Never hurts to have some on hand though.

Long hikes while hunting alone, they might get you back to the truck without passing out from the pain if the injury is bad enough. And around some parts out our way, there is no cell service.

Used to be a family doc could prescribe a few just for a hiking trip. Likely means a loss of license and income for that doc now.
A close friend of mine just passed his fourth kidney stone. During his first experience he was given one of the oxy drugs and he says the drug side effects were worse than the unmitigated pain. So for stones two and onward he specifically asked for something just strong enough to take the edge off. Better to be a little sore than drug sick.
Wonder if it was the constipation that bothered him so?
It was the nausea and room spinning.
Posted By: hanco Re: root canal @ 8:50 am Monday - 06/14/21
I’ve had several, not too bad. It’s expensive
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Never hurts to have some on hand though.

Long hikes while hunting alone, they might get you back to the truck without passing out from the pain if the injury is bad enough. And around some parts out our way, there is no cell service.

Used to be a family doc could prescribe a few just for a hiking trip. Likely means a loss of license and income for that doc now.
In total agreement. Fireball should get some if he can. I had a root canal a couple of years ago and I think they prescribed a few. I took one and then didn't take anymore. Hydrocodone doesn't do much for me anyway.
I've had a root canal. On two occasions I've had four extractions at a time. (No, not from having rotten teeth. grin) I never needed anything after the local wore off. Maybe I'm really a numbskull. laugh
I've had tons of dental work. Four wisdom teeth at once was the worst. Even had the roof of my mouth split with a chisel and a spreader bar installed that I had to crank a little each day to make more room for my teeth. Braces, extractions, crowns, root canals, fillings.

Oh yeah.
I had two extra wisdom teeth buried in the gum, had to have em chiseled out before I could go to Africa, at my own expense. I was doing day labor in New Mexico at the time, cheapest to have it done with just novocaine so I was there through the whole thing.

Chisel, hammer and pliers were the tools of choice, all shiny stainless steel and surgical looking, but the grunt work involved with pulling teeth that don’t wanna be pulled ain’t changed much since the Middle Ages 🙂

Couldn't feel a damned thing, but the sound effects were spectacular.
I had a wisdom tooth removed last year. The doc told me since I was there by myself, he couldn't give me the gas. Ok, I wasn't about to wait until I could have my wife take time from work so I told him to go ahead with it. Local only, wasn't all that bad. You'll be fine.
Best of Luck Roy.....hope ya heal up quickly.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Pfft. Root canal?

+1

Dr. deadened it good and did 4 root canals at one sitting. Then he filled them and made a casting. Nothing to it. Once the nerve is out, there is nothing to hurt.
They only gave me one days worth after having my Achilles cut off part of my heel removed, my calf muscle cut in 3 places and lengthened and my Achilles screwed back on. They also sent me home from open back surgery of 2 laminectomies with twenty 5 MG pills at a time I had a huge tolerance from taking 60mg a day for months before surgery. Nothing like puking in withdrawal 2 days after major back surgery. My pain Dr was pissed because I didn't use his surgeon friend for the surgery. He made me pay for it and openly told me next time I should follow his advice. That was the end of pain Dr's for me.

I went through so much pain after those 2 surgeries I'm scared to death to get worked on again. The Crack down on pain meds leaves a lot of people in severe pain. Another example of the government interference making lives miserable.

Good luck with the proceedure. I'll be rooting for you.

Bb
Posted By: hatari Re: root canal @ 8:50 am Monday - 06/14/21

Good luck! You'll do fine.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

You must have great teeth if you’re worried about a root canal, congrats.

The only thing that "worries" me is paying for it.
Have fun at the Dentist man!!!👍👍👍👍👍😁😁😁😁😁
Originally Posted by blindshooter
The only thing that "worries" me is paying for it.

Hoo boy! Isn’t that the truth.

At some point I’m gonna have to invest serious money in restorative dentistry, ain’t looking forward to it. As oft posted around here; growing old ain’t for sissies.
As I've aged, and boy have I ever, I stopped worrying about hair, it's the vital organs that count!

Teeth do come in handy. laugh
Always heard people talk of root canal as such a bad thing.

Then I had one, I left out of there thinking JFC what was the big deal?

But, I’ve had toenails extracted and cameras ran up my dick so ...
Originally Posted by renegade50

A man of experience !!!

LOL

Count Chocula

😂😂😂😂
Originally Posted by Oldman03

Dr. deadened it good and did 4 root canals at one sitting. Then he filled them and made a casting. Nothing to it. Once the nerve is out, there is nothing to hurt.

Good God, 4 root canals????

I guess all that peanut brittle and ole timey ribbon candy worth it.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by renegade50

A man of experience !!!

LOL

Count Chocula

😂😂😂😂

Originally Posted by 1minute
Old enough to remember vibrations from drills, the smell of smoke, and pain. Now one is hardly aware of the work being conducted. Nearly fell asleep in the chair last time I was in.
Don't worry bout it.

The waking up part is the real bummer.
Can't tell you how many folks I've had sleep through a root canal.
Posted By: 673 Re: root canal @ 8:50 am Monday - 06/14/21
My last visit to the dentist was fun. I told the dental surgeon that my dentist wanted to pull one wisdom tooth and the next molar, he said it was no big deal, lol the surgeon chuckled and said...no, not a good idea.
For a few hundred bucks more I could get put out, after 2 weeks of agony I was still in agony.
Posted By: dale06 Re: root canal @ 8:50 am Monday - 06/14/21
I had one two years ago. It was pretty much a non event. Almost no pain.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: root canal @ 8:50 am Monday - 06/14/21
Originally Posted by mathman

Pussy.

This...I had one last year right before the so called pandemic and it wasn't that bad a few advil and I was good to go...

Easiest root canal I ever had done was with an Endodonist

My regular dentist referred me to him
A guy I work with had one a couple of weeks ago. Last week started not to feel good and lots of pain. Ended up in the emergency room. They gave him a shot for the pain and an antibiotic so he could make it to the dentist the next morning. Huge abscess. Had to lay on his side to drain it all out. He seems like he’s getting better now.

Good luck 🍀
Originally Posted by Springcove
A guy I work with had one a couple of weeks ago. Last week started not to feel good and lots of pain. Ended up in the emergency room. They gave him a shot for the pain and an antibiotic so he could make it to the dentist the next morning. Huge abscess. Had to lay on his side to drain it all out. He seems like he’s getting better now.

Good luck 🍀

Oh now see, that's what I'm talking about! I coulda gone all day w/o hearing that.
Originally Posted by Springcove

Good luck 🍀

Oh now see, that's what I'm talking about! I coulda gone all day w/o hearing that.

Sorry Roy just sharing root canal 🦷 stories. I believe what happened to the guy is rare. 👍🏻
Posted By: Otter Re: root canal @ 8:50 am Monday - 06/14/21
Had 4 or 5 root canals. First one was most memorable as I went through the process with zero drugs, not even novocaine. 20 or so years later had to have it redone as the nerves in that root had regenerated and eventually resulted in a root amputation. I'd still rather go to a dentist than an MD.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Uhhhh, yeah well

I would ONLY let an Endo do a root canal anyway.

Not sure I’d let Doc from little house on the prairie take a stab at it.
Posted By: Hogeye Re: root canal @ 8:50 am Monday - 06/14/21
Always accept opioids if you can get them. You can barter them for ammo at the truck stop. ;-)
Originally Posted by Otter
Had 4 or 5 root canals. First one was most memorable as I went through the process with zero drugs, not even novocaine. 20 or so years later had to have it redone as the nerves in that root had regenerated and eventually resulted in a root amputation. I'd still rather go to a dentist than an MD.

Why would anyone not take the novocaine?
Posted By: Hogeye Re: root canal @ 8:50 am Monday - 06/14/21
[quote=tikkanut]

Wasn't Doc Holliday a dentist? He'd take all the dope himself, forget about the patient, and go back to playing poker. You wouldn't dare complain though.
Dr Jill Biden

What does she do again?
Anything for pain in a dentist office is as fake as the China Flu

LMAO

#InsuranceRacket
Dr Jill Biden is a PhD in Sex Ed
Most root canals hurt later because of infection.

Hope they gave you some antibiotics to take.

I have had several over the years and still have had no problem with those teeth.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Uhhhh, yeah well

I would ONLY let an Endo do a root canal anyway.

Aww now, c'mon.

I can do one with my Dremel tool. I has all sort of little tiny grinding and scouring burs. We'll get some Numzit from the kids section at the WallyWorld, pack that thing good with some cotton from an aspirin bottle soaked in Numzit, and I'd get right on it. Set you down in the LazyBoy, tilt it way back, put some Wayne Newton relaxation music on, and away we go.
Originally Posted by Hogeye
Always accept opioids if you can get them. You can barter them for ammo at the truck stop. ;-)

This dude knows the score!

Heck, you could probably get a microwave oven and a MugASoup for a few from the right junkie down on the corner. They'd tell you "I'll be right back with that, just let me get to the WalMart down the street. They're easy to swipe from"
Originally Posted by wabigoon

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=adqH7LvYHh4#menu

If Cosby is your dentist you might get what Beavis calls full coverage.

Bb
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Can't tell you how many folks I've had sleep through a root canal.

I slept through one a couple weeks ago.

Of all the work I've had done recently, the only thing that involved any real pain was when the doc put a clamp around one of my front teeth that she was drilling and filling a cavity. Root canals, extractions. Meh.
Had a tooth die. Infection.
Was not good night #1.
Night #2 sucked.

Dentist called in morning and on antibiotic for a couple days.

Then root canal

Shoe about flew off once, other than that no big deal ( infection before dentist visit was worse ).

Felt good enough after root canal I didnt take any of the prescribed pain killers.

So about 2 hra or so later......
Holy Cow !

The next hr or so was howling in pillow, beyond wicked.

When that finally ended was OK

And went straight to the pub. Bartender said hey man....you look like chit. I said doubles please

So....lesson learned.....take the painkillers.
I'd rather have that root canal, than the 8 lower teeth and two implants I had done last Wednesday, I am still onTramadol
I have only had one rc. Never felt a thing before, during or after. Hoping yours is the same.
I've had tons of dental work. Four wisdom teeth at once was the worst. Even had the roof of my mouth split with a chisel and a spreader bar installed that I had to crank a little each day to make more room for my teeth. Braces, extractions, crowns, root canals, fillings.

Oh yeah.

Cousin fugking ain’t all it’s cracked up to be, eh?

LOL
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Dr Jill Biden is a PhD in Sex Ed

MIT has Kingston on speed dial.

LOL

Because the nerves in the roots were 'dead', I had the option to have it if needed, but never felt a thing as far as pain goes. All others I did have injections of novocaine.

Because the nerves in the roots were 'dead', I had the option to have it if needed, but never felt a thing as far as pain goes. All others I did have injections of novocaine.

Ahh ok, thought you was just being a tough guy 👍💪
Not bad so far. No opioids.
Did you get the gas?

I love the gas, unfortunately many places around here, maybe most, don't have it.
N gas no opioids.

I shoulda just went ta work..
Always ask for the gas.

Nice and relaxing.
I do have a higher threshold of pain than many . . . but, not THAT high.

Skill level of the Endodontist makes a BIG difference. Some are much better than others.
Pussy level of the patient trumps skill level of the endodontist every time.

I ax for de drugs.
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
Pussy level of the patient trumps skill level of the endodontist every time.

I ax for de drugs.

And the gas if'n days gots that too.

Always gas when available.

Always.
I got knocked out for my wisdom teeth. All 4 impacted.
Was playing basketball 2 hrs later.

No big deal, juat spittin blood.

Shot trap a few days later and came out of the gun, popped me. Dry socket. Took proly 6 months before my jaw worked right again.
The OP is a complete tool LMAO
© 24hourcampfire