Home
Posted By: Valsdad Memphis bridge video - 06/16/21
Hope no one already posted this. Seems it just went up on yutube yesterday. Guy draws some interesting conclusions:

Posted By: slumlord Re: Memphis bridge video - 06/16/21
And then there’s the golden arches
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Memphis bridge video - 06/16/21
Lets not forget them arches over those tatas in the golfer girl video.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Memphis bridge video - 06/16/21
Saw that yesterday on Youtube... Helluva lot more than just a 'crack'... eek
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Memphis bridge video - 06/16/21
Says a lot about the inspection process and inspectors and those who sign off on these things.

Gotta keep things movin' right? We'll fix it when it becomes a real problem?
Posted By: OldHat Re: Memphis bridge video - 06/16/21
This is the coolest bridge incident.

Posted By: OldHat Re: Memphis bridge video - 06/16/21
Then there was the real tragedy in Mt Pleasant WV.

Posted By: ol_mike Re: Memphis bridge video - 06/16/21
I'm from Ohio & I've been terrified of Mothman since I was a baby - sends chills down my spine

Huey P. Long bridge - new orleans is my favorite bridge to cross , sitting on it cars/trucks/semi's backed up bumper to bumper feeling it sway is fun

Originally Posted by OldHat

Posted By: slumlord Re: Memphis bridge video - 06/16/21
This is the coolest bridge incident.

I think that tacoma narrows bridge footage has been on every episode of ripley’s believe or not. Even Animal Planet if they can squeeze it in there.

sheesh
Posted By: CCCC Re: Memphis bridge video - 06/16/21
Must have been designed by a graduate of the Univ. of Washington engineering school.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Memphis bridge video - 06/16/21

At Point Pleasant there is a gift shop near the Mothman statue, ran by a hillbilly guy with an Elvis hairdo. If you strike up a conversation with him while buying a Mothman beer koozie, you will get a lecture about how the Mothman was a gubbermint experiment and about black helicopters.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Memphis bridge video - 06/16/21

Originally Posted by CCCC
Must have been designed by a graduate of the Univ. of Washington engineering school.

Easy now . . .

BTW - there isn't a single "engineering school" at UW . . .

I work with a bunch of bridge engineers. My favorite joke (which they hate) is: "What's the difference between a bridge engineer and God? - God doesn't think he's a bridge engineer!"
Posted By: Santiam Re: Memphis bridge video - 06/16/21
What do ya want to bet they threw bridge inspections into overdrive and are checking the rest..
Posted By: CCCC Re: Memphis bridge video - 06/17/21
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Originally Posted by CCCC

Easy now . . . BTW - there isn't a single "engineering school" at UW . . .I work with a bunch of bridge engineers. My favorite joke (which they hate) is: "What's the difference between a bridge engineer and God? - God doesn't think he's a bridge engineer!"
Easy is good - that's why I was somewhat ambiguous - posted that because a close relative and excellent engineer is a grad in M.E. from the U.W. - figured he would get a kick.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Memphis bridge video - 06/17/21
Is that bridge open yet?

When it first happened there were several bridge engineers here who were confident it could be easily patched.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Memphis bridge video - 06/17/21
Originally Posted by slumlord
And then there’s the golden arches

More practical than a golden shower.
Posted By: Barney_Fife Re: Memphis bridge video - 06/17/21
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Is that bridge open yet?

When it first happened there were several bridge engineers here who were confident it could be easily patched.

I’m not a bridge engineer but I’d like to take a crack at it.

See what I did there?
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Memphis bridge video - 06/17/21
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Is that bridge open yet?

Not only no, but, HELL NO! Should see the CF that is I-55 choked with two 2X the normal CF trying to leave Memphrica! Three hours for about eight miles last Friday.

JB Weld?
© 24hourcampfire