Home
Posted By: Tyrone Undisciplined Idiot Shoots Self - 06/18/21
in the face after hot brass goes down his shirt.

https://myfox8.com/news/video-man-accidentally-shoots-himself-in-face-at-gun-range/
Natural selection thwarted again.
That’ll leave a mark!
No Darwin this time but he's a candidate for future stupidity.
Could have easily shot the person in the next stall, had there been someone in there. Idiot!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
What ?? He couldn't just place the gun on the bench with the muzzle pointed downrange ?? I've had hot brass problems like that before. Set the damn gun down and attend to your needs..... Oh; wait.... That would be too logical. Perhaps that range should have a "wall of shame" where they post pictures of idiots up on the wall. He's a sure bet for that.
Dumbass.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Dumbass.

That's an understatement.
If I want to live dangerously, I remind my wife of the time (1980) she was splitting kindling.

One should not aim an axe, and she has the scar between her eyes to prove it.

You did not read this here, and I did not post it. smile
Idiot!
Some folks should not have firearms, drive vehicles or have children.
Dude dressed like an INCEL.
At the police academy in '84, one of the guys in my class, while on the firing line, reached up, with revolver in hand, to scratch an itch on the top of his head.
Sent out the door immediately. End of his law enforcement career before it began. crazy
Why did they blur the floor did he drop a deuce?
That video does not show a man shooting himself.

Video shows a man accidentally shooting himself in the face at an Ohio gun range.

Who writes and edits this stuff.
Lol, Bled like a stuck pig!

#whiteboybleedalot
Tyrone: It actually greatly concerned me back when I was a range safety officer and/or attended public ranges in the Puget Sound area, where I was born and raised.
Over the years I saw so many "idiotic" slumload type actions by range attendees that it diminished the pleasure/fun I wanted from my range visits.
For the last 23 years (since I retired and moved out of that area) I seldom see other shooters at the ranges I frequent (one public and two private ranges) so I am well protected from slumload-like loonies (idiots).
This incident should NOT have happened no matter where it occurred - thankfully no innocents were injured.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I am really surprised that there is not more accidents like this occuring given the record number of new gun owner, I suspect that a great many of them have little to no familiarity with firearms or firearms safety.

drover
I guess having a sore face helped take his mind off that hot case down the back of his shirt.
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
I guess having a sore face helped take his mind off that hot case down the back of his shirt.

LOL. Yep. I bet it does.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
No Darwin this time but he's a candidate for future stupidity.

Yeah, he's still in the game.
Amazing talent to shoot through both cheeks and not hit teeth or jawbone. Wonder how his tongue is.
My 1st day working as an RSO on a busy commercial machine gun range a young hottie wearing a tank top had a hot casing invade her tank top. She pulled it down, I controlled the MP5 and decided that this job had unforseen benefits.

mike r
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Could have easily shot the person in the next stall, had there been someone in there. Idiot!

That happened here. Hot brass down the shirt. Guy reached for the brass with his left hand, brought his gun hand up across his chest angled toward the ground and shot the guy at the next bench through the ankle.
Hot brass is the least of his problems.
Stupid SHOULD hurt! This is the same type of person that would scratch a itch in his crotch with the bar of a running chainsaw!? Ouch!

8 million new gun owners, scary stuff! I hand out the business card of our one of several local firearms trainers with most of the guns I sell lately.

In addition to National news reports, like this, we’ve (the LGS where I work) been informed of THREE local “special people”, only ONE of which I know the person. In no particular order:

Darwin candidate 1:

Guy buys a Beretta Tomcat (.32acp w/tip up barrel). Goes to range to shoot. After shooting session, he goes home and want to clean his gun. Racks the slide to take the round out of the chamber, THEN removes the loaded magazine (slight order of operation problem), then proceeds to put a round through his leg. The damn thing has a TIP UP BARREL!!!!!!!

Darwin candidate #2 (told to me by a friend that works at another gun shop):

Guy comes rolling up to the gun counter with one of those “skateboard type contraptions” that people use after leg surgery. You know, the ones that keep tour leg at a right angle?
Well, he asked my friend if ha can look at a Benelli M4, and while he’s looking at the firearm, asks my friend: “don’t you want to know what happened to my leg?”. Then proceeds to tell my friend how he recently had put a 5.56 round through his leg from an “unloaded” AR-15. My buddy grabbed the M4 back. No sale (safer for the rest of us).

Brainiac # 3:

Story from the local gun range. Guy blows his own hand off with a 12ga Kel Tec KSG last weekend.

I tell you, working at a gun counter this past year will make you want to move to the sticks with a LONG driveway, 3 angry Rottweilers, and a sign that reads: “mine field” in the driveway!

-TomT
Your Darwin candidates 1 & 2 aren't qualified. To get a Darwin, you have to render yourself unable to reproduce, either through death or from neutering yourself. Unfortunately, both of your offerings are way too capable of breeding a new generation of dummies.
Incidents like this played a hand in the development of the M-16. Being our first side-ejection service rifle, they actually considered the number of injuries and deaths mostly caused by left-handers getting pelted with hot brass.

Don't know if they considered that with the M1 or M14, but anyone can tell you that .30 cal brass will leave a hell of a mark! You gotta have discipline to let one of those fry!
I don't laugh too hard at others stupidity.

I have my own to laugh at.

Wish I could be perfect.
Anybody wanna help me out?
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Wish I could be perfect.

Not touching that. laugh
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Wish I could be perfect.
There's a difference between stupid that just makes you look foolish and stupid when there's a a lot of damage, injury, or death.
The other day I was on a stand up fork truck, tight place we don't normally
run them. Had issues in front, backed up and stopped. Just as the corner
of a double stacked pallet came through the entry opening and hit me in the hip. Pushed me about an inch. Six inches more and my hip would have been crushed.

That was a wake up call!

Injury potential? Oh, yeah!
Life changing!

Missed it by inches.
Saved by chance.

Stupid?
I felt so. I'M not supposed to do schidt like that. (I do).
You can post game every accident and find the mistakes that made it
possible.

Yet people get hurt every day.
The ones that produce, that is.

The ones that post game, and judge so harshly, usually drive a desk and
And have titles like HR, or Risk Mitagation.

Funny PS.

Work consults with a safety/hazardous materials consultant to
satisfy requirements and reduce insurance rates.

He live hours away, and stays in a motel when he conducts
our annual training.

2 years ago, he had been there from 4-6pm,
left,
returned at midnight, training until 2.

Returned for the 8-11am training.
About noon, he was leaving and pulled out in front of a car.
At the end of the driveway!
Our Safety Guru!

Sometimes,
(Sh)it happens.

PPS.
This guy (shooter/shootee) did screw up.
Shame they didn't charge him. wink
A trial would have been fascinating.

"Can you ID the guy who shot you? Point to him."
"Would you like to address the defendant?"
"WOULD you like to make and apology to the victim?" grin

Gotta add.

Would love to think I couldn't do what the shooter did.
Bet he thought that too.
10 minutes earlier.

And, the two most dangerous guys on any job?

The newbie, especially if a kid.
Don't know schidt.

And the guy with tons of experience.
Complacency overpowers experience.
Routinely!
Well.....at least for the rest of his life , every time he shaves, he'll be reminded of gun safety.
Originally Posted by reivertom
Well.....at least for the rest of his life , every time he shaves, he'll be reminded of gun safety.

LOL. Yep.
So the hot brass hurt a little.

And how do you feel now, sir, better or worse?
Several years ago I visited the Borger Texas range with my cousin who was a member. It was surprising and a little disconcerting to see several bullet holes in the metal roof over the benches. At the time you had to be an NRA member to belong.
Shooting your self, because a piece of hot brass fell down your shirt, is tantamount to dropping the running chainsaw on yourself because you were stung by a Bee.

Anyone (myself included) that shoots and logs for many years is bound to have both happen (hot brass, and a Bee sting….. NOT at the same time :-). There are some REALLY ignorant people in the world.

Paraphrasing George Carlin: “think about how dumb the average person is, then realize 1/2 of them are dumber than that. It’s really quite frightening!”
What did that guy say in the movie?

Lucky bugger.

smile
another one

Damn
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Dumbass.

Right!
https://leakreality.com/video/23224/meet-the-idiot-gun-instructor
Hasn’t everybody scratched an itch with the barrel of a loaded firearm before?

Sheesh 🙄

🦫
Seems like this has happened before.
Muzzle control for $600 Alex.
Yyou have to be smarter then the tool you are using. And....... keep your finger out of the trigger guard until you are on target and ready to fire! Ouch!
If you shoot yourself, I think it still counts
when i was in the military, we went to the rifle range with our m16s, but it was actually a pistol range and people were closer together.
we went thru many firing exercises and the barrels were very hot.
one of the casings from one soldier's rifle flew over and landed on the neck/shoulder of the guy next to him.
he screamed and reached with his left hand to peel it away from his neck while the right hand held onto the weapon.
But the muzzle of the weapon was arching down and the weight caused him to shoot into the concrete pad 3-4 shots.
Concrete chips went everywhere.
Some of the chips hit the guy on either side of him and they thought they were hit with shrapnel for the bullets shattering.
They actually had nicks that were bleeding. \

The casing on the guy's next had rolled below his shirt and clinged to the skin and burned him so bad he had to get medical treatment.

it was a very frightening thing for everyone that was there.
When it happened people were running and diving in every direction.
I was behind the scene about 20 feet waiting my turn.
I would have sworn from what I saw that somebody would have been leaving in a bag.
In the right cheek and out the right cheek. He is lucky as hell. Probably lost a few teeth.
If he was a welder he wouldn't have flinched and kept right on shooting.
© 24hourcampfire