Home
Posted By: Barkoff Speaking About Filthy Pitches - 06/18/21
Who elseused to spend hours playing?

Posted By: DMc Re: Speaking About Filthy Pitches - 06/18/21
Dang. I wanna play!!!
I could throw my best curve ball and sliders with those as a kid. My little brother, who was a damn good batter, never could hit them. He’d get pissed off and wouldn’t play anymore. 🤠
My younger brothers and I spent HOURS (all day) in the summer playing ball with either a whiffle ball or tennis ball. We had to transition to softer balls after several broken windows, including a big picture window in our living room. 😮
I threw many a damn pitch to kids on my son’s teams.
My dad played baseball as a young man and then fast pitch softball until he was nearly 40. He wasn't a pitcher, but could throw a curve that always faked me and my siblings out, and I'm not talking about batting - just catching him. He had pretty serious talent and came from a family of good players, including his dad and uncle who both did some minor league time with the Toledo Mudhens.
I had a big breaking curve in high school. Never played or even seen wiffleball like that. Looks fun, but does anybody ever hit the ball? I’d swing every pitch. The timing all looked about the same.
Originally Posted by navlav8r
My younger brothers and I spent HOURS (all day) in the summer playing ball with either a whiffle ball or tennis ball. We had to transition to softer balls after several broken windows, including a big picture window in our living room. 😮

Yep. Been there done that.
I could throw a knuckle that would dance better than Shakira.
We had rocks to pick and fence to fix.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

As did we, Big Jim. But we still found time to play.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

With who?

My sister wasn't much for sports.

With who?

Mine wasn’t either. My little brother was, though.
That was lucky.
Waffle ball, with the holes in one side of the ball is a different world! Can you hit it? Hell yeah but only if you are used to it. It was NOT for baseball players
You guys had all the fun. I just played with myself.
My friend and I would play, and for at least an hour we couldn’t touch each other, but once we started to tire, we had no bullpen. 😂
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH
Waffle ball, with the holes in one side of the ball is a different world! Can you hit it? Hell yeah but only if you are used to it. It was NOT for baseball players

Sure it was, we did both. We finally stopped playing on game days though, wasn’t too bright tiring your arm out on game day, but we was kids!!
Amazing the time you spend on that type of thing when you don’t have computer games. 😂
Five boys in our family. I was oldest, so we played a lot of baseball and other games, between chores.

With who?

Same.
Except my sister was 7 years older.
We played dodge ball with wiffle balls the ones with holes and the solid ones And they would leave strawberries and hickys everywhere you got hit,, supposed to throw from chest down but that lasted about 2 throws ,, War ball gotta love it
I bet I threw 300+ limited flight balls to my son’s all star team last night prepping for our first tournament. 13 kids and 24 balls minimum to each. I wasn’t a pitcher, played the OF so my arm was getting pretty tired the last 100.

How you hit that junk is beyond me, those are nasty pitches. Would be a fun time trying though!
© 24hourcampfire